Episode 02

The Birthmark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Can't we have each other in our arms? Can't we just live just like every couple does? Can't we love each other?'

The feature of the face which was in front of me was not clear to me. I could notice that there was someone next to me in my bed room but it was not perfectly visible to me.

'Why don't you answer me? I also want to feel my life just like other girls. I also want to live and feel the warmth of my guy.... Can't I do that? Why don't you answer me?'

I asked again from the same person but he was silent. Neither I could see the emotions of his face nor hear a word from him. My hands caught his broad arms when my patience was losing severely.

'Answer me.......now'

I shouted while crying...I cried helplessly....I cried hugging the person next to me.......I cried blotting my tears in to his chest.........

My consciousness was losing now......I was exhausted......And I was tired totally......... My eyes were closing and my consciousness was releasing from me bit by bit....

I opened my eyes.........The white ceiling was there.........top of my eyes.... The ceiling fan has switched on and just noticed that I was in a bed... I turned my head side.... I was in my own bed........ I touched my head and my body.... Just realized that it was the same dream.......... It was the same dream I used to see time to time....... 'Oh !'

I weakly sat on my bed.... Even my blanket was neatly covered my body.........I tried to find my memories...........What happened?

'Oh! I was in the bus!

That was the first thing I remembered. I knew I was about to faint in the bus.... And there was a person who was next to me... He was the same person who held the umbrella to me at the crossing... And he was the one who rescued me from the ert... I was hundred percent sure that he was the one who held me when I fainted....

But!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I am in my bed........In my own bed... under my blanket.... Feeling the cool air of the ceiling fan of my room.........

'What is going on?'

The pain I had in the bus........it was no more there... I touched my stomach......and tried to feel the pain but nothing was there.....

Oh!

I jumped out from the bed.....and walked to the bathroom hurriedly. I wanted to check something...... Has it happened? Has it happened after 10 years?

'No.........it has not.........'

I walked back to my room and sat on my bed with bit of sorrow... Tried to remember what happened to me....But everything was blank....... I put on my bag again and thought to go to college.... I was totally confused but there were no one for me to speak things.... Everything has to be buried within me.

"Jina!"

I stopped my feet at the door step with the familiar female voice. Aunty Clare was hurriedly coming to me. Her fatty body was swindling when her feet were running quickly. She was our neighbor.

"Are you alright?" she stopped at me and asked. I just sensed that she knew something.

"I am alright now. Thank you" I said politely.

"I was so scared to see you in that condition"

"In which condition?" I was totally curious specially seeing her weird expressions.

"You don't remember?"

"No"

"Oh really! It's really strange" she said trying to dig something in my face.

"I was bit unwell while going to school and I remember I fainted in the bus. After that I can't have any clue" I said expecting further explanation from her.

"Jina! You were carried to home. He was like an angel. Seem to be he was just in your age...But I have never seen such a handsome face ever"

"Carried me?"

"Yes...You know at this time every day I am in my little garden serving to my baby plants.... It happened to me to see you in such a condition today. Didn't you lock the house before you leave? I thought your dad is in home that's why I didn't interfere"

I was wondering now. I was totally in a strange mind and weird thoughts. Numerous questions were running in my head.

"Can you tell me what time it was?" Sensing some point where I can find the rest of the confusion I asked.

"It was around eight o'clock. I must be sure. Because I came to my garden when my wall clock was ringing at eight. But I wonder how he knew your address if he was someone you don't know..." My face must have been emotionless at that point. Because that can't be......... That never can't be......

"Thanks. May be I have instructed him the details" I said trying to be calm.

"I need to go now Aunty. At least I can catch up the next lesson if I go now" I said trying to smile again.

"Ahh Yes... You better go"

"Do not let my Dad to know because I am alright already. He would get worried so much" I said finally noticing her acceptance.

I walked to the bus stop for the second time of the day. Luckily I could catch a bus immediately. Sitting in the corner of last seat I let my thoughts to split.

'It was around eight o'clock. I must be sure.'

I was sure that I got in to the bus to return home around 7.55 because I got down from the bus when I was sick was around 7.45 because that was the last bus I always catch to go to school and there cannot be any mistakes in time predictions because it was my daily running.

However, from the point where I got in to the bus and to get down from my house, at least it would take 20 minutes even the bus traveled its maximum speed. But returning to home, within 5 minutes....!!! No, that can't be possible ever........... May be sometimes, Aunty Clare has gotten wrong...........hasn't she?

And who was that person? Is he the same guy helped me? He must be....... The out appearance of him which was explained by Mrs. Clare resembled him so much.... If he has bought me home, then why didn't he wait till I get my consciousness? And more than everything, how he would know the address of my house? How a stranger would know where I live? I am so sure that I don't know him...

Importantly, what happened to my body? What about the pain I was being crushed? I thought my menses would happen today with the huge pain I felt... but nothing!!!!!!! What's happening?

Believe me! I was totally out of my mind right then... I was never in confusion like this even when I found about my story of the birthmark... This was like a mystery.......... Things happening with a stranger without my concern and ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter