Episode 11

The Birthmark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Jina!”

Those angelic eyes were tending towards me while I was feeling his coldness on my hand.

    

Maybe it was the hurt I felt because of the humiliation I felt a while ago. Maybe it was the self-pity I felt for me. Hearing my name so gently from his mouth, I felt the fresh tears were rolling down through my eyes.

“Why do I only see your tears whenever I see you?”

With teary eyes, I looked at him. He was sadly but gently staring at me. I hurriedly wiped the tears in my face and cleared my eyes.

“Do you want to watch the movie with me?” He asked next.

“It’s about Vampires. I am scared of watching it” I said in a lower voice.

“Hmm…. I see…” he murmured.

“Not everything. I love Twilight series”

I replied. I noticed a tiny smile drawing in his lips. I needed to feel this moment fully within my heart. This was something I was eagerly waiting for weeks… Yes…I needed to forget the unhappiness and needed to concentrate about this moment…

“Rean!”

“Yes!”

“We need to talk” I said feeling scared that any moment he would disappear from my sight.

“Where do you want to go?” he asked making me surprise. Is he giving me the chance to choose where we would go today?

“Somewhere peaceful” I answered.

“Alright…. Come with me”

I followed him. I really wanted to hold his hand and tangle my fingers with him but I restrained. The Rean who I met before was bit different than today. Today he was so friendly and chatty with me. It felt good in me. I followed him towards the exit door of the cinema. With the lights, now I started to see him. Like always, he was so handsome and good looking. I saw each and every girl turned back and looked at his marvelous figure. For no reason, I felt little proud. Even though we were still strangers whom have been connected in a different manner, still I was the girl who was with him. Is it ok to feel this pride?

“Do you want to travel by bus or fly with me?” He stopped his feet at the pavement of the road and asked in a low tone.

“Fly?”

Oh! Yeah… He could fly… In fact, I was with someone who can do magic which were still like a dream to me. Is it really just magic?

“So, you confirm that you can fly!” I took the chance to prove at least one thing whenever I got.

“You know I can” He murmured.

“We are among of people…So let’s travel in a bus”

With a smile, we got in to a bus which was already bit crowded. I stepped through to the middle of the bus and felt his presence behind me. I felt safe…

“To where are we travelling?” I asked turning to his side. He was standing there holding the top pole in the bus whereas I was just holding a seat arm next to me.

“It’s not too far”

I didn’t know why I believed someone like him ever. Only I could say that my heart believed him. Even though for my eyes he was a stranger, to my heart he was someone familiar. If not, which girl would travel with a stranger who was yet mysterious like that?

“Rean!” When the bus began to run I looked at him making him stared at me too.

“Yes!”

“You know, I have lot of things to ask from you, right?” I spoke in a lower voice because we were among the passengers.

“Is that so?” he smiled. ‘Wow! His smile! It’s dazzling! I heard my heart was yelling me…

“Don’t you think you owe a long explanation to me?” Covering my stupid thoughts, I said when I felt his ignorance to my question.

“You are such an impatient girl, Jina” He said with the same smile.

“It’s because I am scared” I noticed his gaze at me got change in to questionable.

“So, you are scared at me, right?” Like someone was waiting to win over from at least one conversation he asked from me…

“No…I am not scared at you… I am scared that at any minute you would disappear from my sight”

My face must have gone totally helpless at that point. I noticed his eyes were running in the entire space of my face surprisingly.

“If you want, then I can promise you that today I will stay with you without disappearing” With unbelievable eyes I threw a glance at him for his unbelievable answer. He was really different today.

“Then, promise me” I said.

“I promise” He bent a little to me and whispered to my ears making a chill sent down in my spine. I smiled with my eyes. My heart, felt the happiness... yes, I believed him…

While bus was getting crowded, myself was being pushed towards him even though it was not intentionally, believe me!

But he didn’t place his hands over mine. He didn’t touch me yet except the moment he stopped me while holding my hand at the cinema. Yet he didn’t place single finger on me… Yes! I too also should come to my senses… This is not a date between lovers!

When I was pushing hard by the crowd, I completely turned towards him and placed my hands on his chest and caught his shirt time to time. Every time, I was in peace. My heart, felt the peace within me. I sensed the protection from him. I sensed the safety like never.

“Jina!” I heard his deep voice then. I stared at him and noticed the gentle eyes of him.

“I told you not to touch me” he said in a very lower voice like a whisper making sure that no one would hear except me.

“Sorry, it’s not intentional” I muttered taking my hands away from him. Our eyes locked for a while when I felt that he was trying himself to say something to me. But he was yet silent.

………………………………………

I let him to walk in front of me and I decided to follow him. Placing his both hands in to his pockets he walked towards the street until we found the ‘Green Park’ which was one of the largest silent locations in the corner of the town. But! I knew the park must have been closed by now because in my small watch it was around eight o’clock already.

He stopped at the gate. My guess was correct. He turned towards me.

“Give me your hand” he said making me curious.

    

“Why? Isn’t it already closed?” I asked.

“I knew already. That’s why I came here with you. Give me your hand” He said with a light smile in his face. With the same curiosity, I spread my hand towards him and waited till he caught it. I felt the coldness of his hand through my fingers and at the same time I sensed that my feet were rising up.

“Rean!” I got afraid at once.

“Don’t be scared” he moved to me and placed his hand around my shoulders. It was just like a gentle hug. Yes, it was…. I closed my eyes tightening my head to his chest. His safe hands were around me already. It must be just passed few seconds when I felt the ground under my feet.

“We are here” he said forsaking me hurriedly. Wow! We were inside of the park. My eyes got widened and my thoughts were already in a shock.

Silently we walked side by side. In the mid of night lights, the flowers and the trees were shining like in a paradise. I sat on a bench under a large tree when he stopped his feet in front of me. I stared at him at this point. I just noticed that his eyes were going through my clothes top to bottom. I felt a little embarrassed and nervous at the same time knowing that the eyes of a man were running through my body.

“Jina!” He placed his hands in to his pocket.

“Mmmm”

“You know…. Meeting you like this was my fate and I know I can’t change it. You may have lots to ask from me…. Out of all, you may ask that how would I know you and whenever you are in a pain how did I find you”

He stopped his words and stared at me deeply….

“I am…...someone who has some kind of powers. You can say that I have mystic powers. The place where I live is, the tree house which you stepped on that day. I live off from people because I don’t want to get highlighted. … In fact, as I told you before, I am not someone whom you can handle. I believe that you know it by now. The change of colour in my eyes and the healing you got from me were because of my powers and nothing more. You may have so many questions to ask from me but the only answer I can give you is this…”

At the end of his speech, I stood up from the bench and stood in front of him. I looked through his eyes and tried to dig more and more about his words.

    

“Confessing everything in a summary, you just made me think that all the things happened to me with you was just simple as that” I said in a defeated manner.

“Meeting you! Fly with you! Healed by you! Get closer to you! Feel the touch of you! Feel the care of you! And finally, waiting for you……… Everything was just a summary of your confession and they were so simple for you…. right?”

I asked the true feelings I just felt with his words. How come he just said everything in few sentences and made me silence like this? When I remained looking at him, he bent down his eyes to the ground. Something was not right…. I knew… There must be more than something than he told me…. But I even didn’t know what was missing in his speech…. I even didn’t know what I should ask him now…

“My name! My place! My sickness! My sadness! You knew everything… Just touching me like that, you knew that I would h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter