006

Caught In A Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Taehyung's dead, Jin"

Jungkook had seen people cry over their dead loved ones so many times that he has lost count. It was hard for him at first, watching their wailings and cries but with time, he got used to it and nowadays it is in his daily routine, and he doesn't even bat an eyelash.

 

But seeing Jin like this, made him feel like this is the first time he is expeiriencing something like this. 

 

Jin just stared at him even after he said that Taehyung is dead and then went near the latter and crouched beside him. It took Jungkook's all to not to drag Jin along with him to escape this hell.

 

He watched as Jin ran his fingers along Taehyung's shirt, neck and then his face. " you are not dead Taehyung. You promised. wake up and let's leave together." Jin mumbled incoherantly and coughed hard, and Jungkook watched the latter trying hard to breath before his eyes drifted to Jin's hands. They were bruised, cuts decorated it.

 

It's gonna scar. Jungkook suddenly thinks and suddenly it all came to him. Another scar. Both in his and Jin's lives.

 

Jin shook Taehyung one last time before taking the latter's weight into his and started walking.

 

. Jungkook felt his blood run cold. Jin wasn't crying, he was just walking unstably, dragging along Taehyung with him.

 

Even after Jungkook said that Taehyung was dead.

 

Jungkook felt himself getting dizzy, making him follow Jin in suit. He had his hands covering his nose, eyes trained in Jin as if to catch the latter if he falls. IF. But Jin just kept on staggering, never nce turning behind to ask help from Jungkook.

 

Jin probably felt disgusted by him. Jungkook knew it clearly.

 

It was when it all just ing ruined, crumbling some of the little hope Jungkook had of survivng. There were climbing down the stairs, when something burst and Jungkook reacted on impulse, getting onto his knees and covering his head with both hands. It took sometime for Jungkook to register that Jin was there with him and despite how bad his knees refused to get up, he pulled himself up and ran his eyes through the smoke. He coughed hard while practically leaping down the stairs, his heart hammering in his chest.

 

A part of him felt afraid, because the whole situation had just taken him to the past. A sudden thuoght came to his mind, 'What if Jin and Taehyung had left, leaving him behind?'

 

He frantically searched, suddenly stopping when his feet hit something. He looked down and had to try his best not to gasp or furiosly inhale the suffocating smoke. He quickly squatted beside Jin, who was unconscious, a small pool of blood forming under his head. Taehyng layed next to him and without a second thought, Jungkook picked up Jin and craddled him in his arms.

 

Get up. get up. He chanted in his head, and he got up finally and glanced  one last time at Taehyung before turning his back to the latter, trying to get there in time.

________

Jungkook grunted when the sunlight which escaped from the curtains hit his face. It momentarily blinded him and he shut his eyes again, trying to remember what happened last night​ for him to feel like utterly today.

 

Even if he was laying, he felt uncomfortable. He settled into a sitting position which h instantly regretted when he flet pain shooting through his back.

 

"You are not fine to get up yet" Jungkook's head swung to the direction the voice came from, his eyes brightening a little. 

 

What happened?" His voice sounded offbeat and weak even for himself.

 

Suga gave him a look of pure disappointment but continued nonetheless. "Seriously Jungkook, can't you do exactly what I say at least once? Do you know how much I was worried when you go into a ing burning building?"

 

"Hyung-"

 

"Don't hyung me! Have you finally lost your mind?" Suga spat out, not thinking how astonished Jungkook looked that moment. Every single thing came bqck to him qt that moment like a ton of bricks, with Suga's voice equally venomous.  "Every day, I try not to explode, you know? But this..... this is way too much. What were you thinking? You could have died there! Can't you just-"

 

"Hyung!" Jungkook spoke up, glad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter