002

Caught In A Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Should have known earlier.

Should have known it when it was right in front of his eyes.

Should have known it when the thought came to his mind in the first place.

For a good forty minutes all Jungkook did was blaming himself. He felt more than devastated when he remembered how sometime he thought about Jin when the latter had lived with Taehyung probably happily.

Because Jungkook knew. He knew that Jin was the type that would try to smile even looking at the smallest things. 

Maybe Jin would not have lived peacefully for the past few years. Maybe that's why his name was on Jungkook's table right now. 

But what Jungkook never admitted to himself was the fact that Taehyung was with Jin. Out of all people in this world, why did Jin has to be with Taehyung?

He hated it ever since he was little. When they were little, when something happened and Jungkook would always hide behind Jin, Taehying was always a one step ahead of Jin , covering the both of them. He remembered how Jin always got into serious talks with Taehyung and only him.  It was like Jin always thought that Jungkook was the kid he had to protect. 

Jumgkook didn't get why. The age difference between him and Taehyung is only two years and Jin was always babying him. Well, it didn't really falter the love he had for the elder when they were little.

He went through the file again to know the cause why they should be killed. It seems like they had run a petition against a rich businessman for over using manpower and physically abusing young people. It says on the addition notes that the buisnessman had warned them not to involve in it or he'll take actions but Jin and Taehyung had said that the law was on their side. Jungkook wanted to laugh at that. Jin really couldn't mind his own business.

The petition had gone too far and if it continued even a little, the businessman would have to go to the courts and it probably won't be much helpful to him. So getting rid of  Jin and Taehyung was probably the most doable alternative he had.

Jungkook very well knew how rich people worked, how they would use money even to end a person's life without even batting an eye.

Jungkook got up from his seat and regretted it almost immediately because all his limbs screamed under him after not moving properly for a quite a long time. 

He made his way to the door a little later and saw his secretary working on his table.

 

He took a deep breath. He needed to do this right now. 

He is going to do it right now.

"I need to talk to Kim Seok Jin privately. Arrange it within 15 minutes"

______

Jungkook couldn't really figure out what he was feeling right now. Was it nervousness, anger or hatred? 

No matter how much he prepared, it seems like it all had gone to waste becau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter