013

Caught In A Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jimin?" The slightly shorter boy turned abruptly  to face an exhaused Jin. His eyes went wide and mouth dropped in realization of how Jin suddenly got here.  "J-Jimin?" Jin's voice was on the edge, his face pale and eyes unfocused.

 

Jimin didn't waste anytime and pulled the elder into a warm hug. Even though, he was a little shorter than Jin, it didn't seem to matter, at least now that he felt Jin's fingers squeezing his shoulder blades, craving for comfort. "How come you are here?"

 

"I don't know what to do, Jimin. What should I do? Taehyung's dead. I'm so sorry." Jin's breathing was shallow, quick. "I'm so sorry. I'm so-"

 

Jimin forced a sad smile. " I'm sure that Taehyung is in heaven, and he wants us to be happy. He was such an angel you know?"

 

"Yeah" Jin mumbled as he snuck his more into Jimin's shirt. "Maybe angels don't belong with us, right?"

 

   *    *    *     *     *   

Jimin found it harder to concentrate on his own work nowadays. Most of the time, he thinks about Taehyung and unknowingly end up bawling silently in a corner. He never broke down in front of Jin, no matter how hard took him to control his emotions.

 

On the other hand, Jin looked a little better. He smiled every now and then, either it was forced or real, Jimin was at least relived  to see him laughing.

 

However, Jin started making a habbit of taking long walks frequently . JImin was okay with that, and somewhat liked it when he realized that Jin enjoyed doing it than staying at home doing nothing. But it soon turned out to be wrong when Jin came home  like a living dead most days. He was rationally losing weight ,not to mention that he is getting paler and everyone who met him would feel like he was diagnosed with a harsh desease.

 

Jimin couldn't bear to see the way Jin keeps picking at his food and end up eating only a spoonful or two. No matter how much he tried to talk with Jin, the latter insisted that he was doing way more than fine.

 

It irked him to no end, and kept bothering him until the one day he decided to follow Jin for a walk.

 

He just walked after the elder, who was wandering in a lazy way , going round and round on the same roads like a lost boy. Jimin could only watch him from afar even when Jin slumped into a street bench near Starbucks.

 

A few minutes passed of Jin looking aimlessly at complete nothing. Just as Jimin was going to go to Jin and tell the latter to get back home since it was cold in the morning, something clicked in his mind. 

 

The flashbacks came in strong waves, knocking him harshly back to the reality. He remembered the place. Of course, it was where he found Jin after so long. 

 

But why was Jin here?

 

Jimin wanted to know the answers so badly. But he just couldn't get his feet to move from where he worked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter