005

Caught In A Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook stood frozen, his eyes never leaving the thick, black smoke that blended in to the blue sky. Thoughts attacked his mind, and he couldn't think straight. 

Was he supposed to stand there and see it, to be satisfied and happy that they finally got the punishment they deserved?

He came back to the reality when he heard his phone blast in his pocket. He took it out and gasped aloud when he saw the number of missed calls.

 

6 missed calls.

 

And all from Suga.

 

Jungkook sighed and hastily dailed Suga's  number and waited for the older to pick up.

"Hello"  Suga picked up on the second ring and his voice came in muffled.

Jungkook swallowed hard and pushed words out of his throat. "Suga hyung"

"Hey, are you all right? I heard there was a fire"

 

"I'm fine. Besides it's the west side." Jungkook hesitated for a while before continuing, "but they-theyare in there"

"Who are  they Jungkook? Who are you-" Suga stopped mid sentence. "Jungkook?"

Jungkook closed his eyes and tried to keep his mind together. "Yes?"

"You are not going to go in there, right?"

"I don't want to" Jungkook looked up. If he is going to do something, he better hurry. "Just-just let me think"

A sudden memory came to Jungkook's mind and started haunting him. 

"Jungkook, just look beside you. I'll always be here... To protect you"

"Jungkook? Jungkook?!" 

"huh?"

"What's going on?"

"Suga hyung, I'm going to go in"

"What?" Suga sounded panicked so much that it was one of the few times Jungkook saw him like that. "No! Jungkook, you can't go in there. You'll never be able get out fine!"

"It's okay. I'm fine hyung, I'm gonna hang up-"

"No Jungkook! Don't do it! I'll kill you with my bare hands if you go in there"

Jungkook took a deep breath and tried his best to let out a laugh. "Fine hyung. I'll survive here so you can kill me later. See you then"

With that Jungkook ended the call, cutting Suga off and sprinted towards the burning building, cries and yells of people ringing in his ears as the black smoke embraced him.

__________

 

"You don't fight with people like that" Jin said, softly dabbing the shallow cut on the eight year old Jungkook's forehead. "Do you understand what I'm saying, Kookie?"

"But hyung, that bastard called out my friend saying he is a thief. He didn't even steal anything!" Small Jungkook protested and it made Jin's expression soft. 

"So that's why you beat him up?" Jin asked in a comforting way.

"Of course! And you always say to help the ones who need it"

Jin smiled and looked into Jungkook 's eyes. "You should, Kookie. But, it will be better if you do it in a nice way"

Jungkook started to list out the reasons he should beat the boy.

"he called him names in front of the whole class and hit him in the face like this-argghh" Jungkook winced  when pain shot up his arm from the punches he got from earlier.

And that was enough for Jin to get him to bed. 

"that's it Kookie, let's get you to sleep" Jin said gesturing at the large bed.

Small Jungkook looked at Jin for a moment and shook his head saying, "I'm not sleepy, Jin hyung! And I want to sleep with mom. I don't want to be alone"

​​Jin managed a sad smile. He didn't want to tell Jungkook that their parents were probably at work and won't even bothered to call to know if they had eaten. 

"Don't worry, I sleep with you tonight. Is that fine?" Jin said hoping Jungkook would not protest.

"Of course!!" Jungkook suddenly became all hyper. "I thought you had to study"

"Nah. Now go to sleep Kookie. You have to rest today"

"Aye Jin hyungy! But promise me you won't leave?" Jungkook asked holding out his cute pinkie.

"I promise Jungkook

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter