012

Caught In A Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jin wants to leave" Namjoon says carefully, waiting for Jungkook's expression to change.

 

Instead Jungkook looks at Namjoon, with stone cold expression and just mutters, "oh"

 

Then silence engolfes the whole room for a moment. Jungkook speaks up hesitantly. "Does Jin- does he remember everything?"

 

"Most of the missing pieces keep coming to him Jungkook. He is mentally exhausted because he keeps trying to build up his past by connecting them"  Namjoon waits to hear Jungkook's answer for his actual question. "So what do you say?" 

 

"Where does he want to go?" Jungkook asks with no hint of sadness or regression in his voice. He hears Namjoons gasp but pretends like nothing is wrong. 

 

Everything is so damn right. 

 

"Jungkook, what are you-, you don't know what you are doing!"

 

"I know Namjoon, I just don't have anything else to do. I can't stand watching Jin calling me a monster. I can't even look him in the eyes and say I'm sorry. That I ed up. I don't know what to feel when he trembles in front of me. Letting him go is better."

 

"Jungkook, " this time Namjoon's voice sounded like he was scolding a kid. Jungkook wanted to laugh at that. The latter sounded serious once in a blue moon. "Are you sure?"

 

"Well, if it'll do better to him, then I'm sure"

 

"But you are not fine"

 

"Don't worry about me" Jungkook says forcing a laugh. "Besides, I was never fine. Most probably, I never will. But it's okay, Because I'm just used to it"

 

Namjoon nodded while standing up. He felt a crappy feeling roaming through his whole body. He knew how sometimes Jungkook were merciless and cruel. He never failed to see people's scared gazes directed at Jungkook. But everyone had reasons. 

 

Anyone who knew Jungkook closely would be amazed to know how much love he needed. How much he craved it. 

 

And Namjoon knew better that anyone else that Jungkook could be mended. Not by words, but maybe by affection and love. 

 

He looked at Jungkook and couldn't stop himself as he muttered, "l'm sorry"

 

But Jungkook just looked up at him. It was too noticeable to ignore the pain in Jungkook's eyes. 

 

"Don't be, " he said. "I don't deserve any sympathy"  

 

Jungkook smiled, and Namjoon thought how contrasting it looked against the dullness of his eyes. 

 

°•♤   ♡  ♢  ♧•°

 

Jungkook twisted the door knob and pushed opened the door slowly. He was trying his best to keep it quiet as possible.

 

The room was dark , save for the moonlight which seeped from the huge window. He sighed when he saw Jin sleeping in the bed, wrapped beneath a load of sheets.

 

Jungkook quietly stepped closer to the latter. The despise he had for himself returned when he spotted the bottle of sleeping pills on the bedside table. It's cap was open and Jungkook knew that Jin kept taking them to escaped from the nightmares and the sleepless nights.

 

He sat on the edge of the bed, taking in Jin's figure for the last time.


Jin was leaving.


He was letting him go.


Jungkook swallowed hard when he felt his eyes stinging.


Maybe it would have been better if Jin didn't appear after all this time.


It would have been better if Jungkook didn't get to experience what true love meant. What living for each other meant.

 

Jungkook caressed Jin's cheeks with his thumb, careful not to wake up him up. Jin looked peaceful while asleep, his long eyelashes perfectly fitted like his every other feature.


Anyone who got to have Jin was so lucky in Jungkook's eyes. Jin was a full package, kindness, handsome and loyalty mixed together.

 

Jungkook remembered the day he kissed the elder and cuddled with him. It was clear as day in his mind. That day Jungkook was more than happy to be the person who was able to lead Jin to a peaceful sleep.

 

He remembered the day Jin declared to stand by Jungkook's side. To make him less lonely and of course, to make Jungkook more happy with his iconic daddy jokes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter