Chapter 4 (Part 2 of 2): The Secret’s In The Telling (cont.)

Time and Confusion

CHAPTER 4 (Part 2 of 2)

The Secret’s In The Telling

(Song by Dashboard Confessional)

 

CONTINUATION... smiley

 

 

Monday |June 13, 2011|11:20 AM -> same time

 

Jonghyun allowed his friends to leave without him after class, because he had to show Krystal where the girls’ restroom was. His friend understood immediately, knowing that Jonghyun also wanted to catch up with his friend.

 

He was waiting for Krystal outside the girls’ restroom...

 

“Thanks Jong... Sorry you had to wait for me.”, Krystal thanked Jong and apologized.

 

“It’s no problem... Just like old times.”, Jonghyun said.

 

Both of them giggled, remembering their past.

 

“So... I’m hungry... Shall we go to the cafeteria?”, Jonghyun offered.

 

“Definitely. I’m starved!”, Krystal said while holding her tummy which made Jonghyun laughed.

 

As they entered the cafeteria, Jonghyun immediately went looking for his friends. He guided Krystal to the food service area. While they were in line, they noticed the cafeteria chef seemed to be distracted. They found him looking at someone, which also caught both of their attention.

 

‘Everyone, I have something to say.’

 

Oh my god. “Oh my god.”, Jonghyun said not knowing it was the same reaction from Krystal only hers was just in her mind.

 

‘Not everyone might know this, but I have been dating someone for over a year now. I’ve been courting her since we were freshmen.’

 

“What the heck is that dino doing?”, Jonghyun said aloud but confused.

 

Krystal was too focused on Aiden to even comprehend what Jonghyun said.

 

Aiden...

 

‘I just want to let everyone know that, I’m whipped!’

 

‘I, Aiden James Lee, is now owned by someone and that someone is sitting in this table. Jiyoung Kang.’

 

Oh no...

 

No...

 

‘And to prove to her that I’m hers only. I’m giving her my watch as a symbol of my ownership.’

 

Krystal immediately turned her attention away from Aiden, she didn’t want to hear the rest; she didn’t want to see the rest.

 

 

Monday |June 13, 2011|11:30 AM

 

Back at the junior’s table...

 

“Duuuuude...”, was all that Henry can say.

 

“Oh my god! Oh my god!!”, Luna and Hara were so surprised but pleased at the same time.

 

Jiyoung and Aiden were still standing and she was still in Aiden’s arms when, they suddenly got separated because of Taecyeon pulling Aiden away. The seniors were now surrounding their table, wanting to talk to their maknaes.

 

“Aiden. You dog!”, Taecyeon got Aiden in a head lock then messed up his hair.

 

“Ahh! Hyung stop it!”, Aiden complained in which his request was granted.

 

“I can’t believe you actually did that. Nice one son.”, Nichkhun said to Aiden while helping him fix his his hair.

 

“It’s nothing Appa. You could have easily done that if it was for Umma.”, responded Aiden.

 

“What do you mean that was easy? That’s hard. You have a lot of guts little man.”, Chansung reacted and then gave Aiden a fist bump.

 

Kyuhyun just gave him a high five.

 

Then someone came screaming from the food service saying, “Oh my gosh! I can’t believe you did that!” She hugged Aiden for a few seconds, then patted his head.

 

“Augh... Noona...”, Aiden was blushing from her sudden affection.

 

“Chill Nicole.”, the guy who came with her said then sitting down on her seat.

 

“Sorry guys. Just got a bit excited.”, Nicole explained.

 

“Kyaa!! I can’t believe Aiden did that for you!”, Gyuri said while hugging her sister.

 

“So are you guys finally official?”, Yoona asked curious, her attention going back and forth towards Aiden and Jiyoung.

 

“Uh...”, Jiyoung, was interrupted by all the UC girls. “What??!”, they said in chorus.

 

“You’re still not going to answer him after what he did? Come on Jiji. Give him some credit that was really hard... and kind of embarrassing if you really think about it.”, Tiffany said causing the others to laugh.

 

“Come on...”, Luna and Hara kept saying.

 

“Jiyoung!”, Sulli, Hyuna, and Suzy chorused.

 

“Well, sis, what’ll it be?”, Gyuri said calmly turning to Jiyoung while they were still holding onto each other.

 

Just when Jiyoung was about to open , Nicole once again shout in excitement. “Kryssie!!!”

 

This got everyone looking wherever or whoever she was focusing on.

 

[cue song: It Girl by Jason Derulo (for Aiden’s POV)] 

 

This stole everyone’s attention including Aiden.

 

He had his back turned at first.

 

Their eyes met the moment Aiden turned his head around.

 

I've been looking under rocks and breaking locks

Just trying to find you

 

Aiden was lost in her beauty.

 

I've been like a manic, insomniac

5 steps behind you

 

It was like time stopped for him. Everyone else disappeared and everything got quiet.

 

Tell them other girls, they can hit the exit (check please)

Cause I finally found the girl of my dreams

 

The only thing he saw was Krystal coming towards him. The only thing he heard was his heart beating like never before.

 

Much more than a Grammy award

That's how much you mean to me

 

His train of thought got interrupted when someone from behind him suddenly gave him a headlock.

 

“Yah! What the hell was that you dino!”, Jonghyun said to his brother but was all smiles because he was proud of him

 

“H-h-hyung...”, Aiden replied because this headlock was way tighter and lower than what Taecyeon gave him a while ago. He’s almost in a 90 degree-position.

 

While Aiden was still in a headlock, Nicole stood up and came hugging Krystal, making everyone confused.

 

“What are you doing here? How’ve you been? Gosh! I missed youuu!”, Nicole said with more excitement than before.

 

“Ehem...”, the others coincidentally faked cough at the same time, while pretending to have their attention on something else.

 

 “Oh. Right. You guys she’s my cousin. Krystal. Krystal Jung.”, Nicole explained.

 

Everyone else thought for a few seconds and they were all shocked when they realize who she was. They all turned their heads towards Taemin.

 

Taemin stood up slowly and just said, “You guys, I want you all to meet my sister, Krystal. She’s going to study here from now on.” Taemin was all smiles after he said that, proud of himself causing that reaction from his friends.

 

All of them were shocked, stunned and surprised to say the least [except for Jonghyun, Seohyun and Jiyoung]. Their eyes looked like they were going to pop out of their sockets.

 

[Even Minho, Onew and Henry when they noticed Krystal’s uniform]

 

 But the one that was most surprised was Aiden.

 

Before everyone else had a chance to speak, three of the school’s professors interrupted them.

 

      

                                               Prof. Eugene Darcey            Prof. Jae Suk Ju                   Prof. Myeong-su Park

 

“Sorry to interrupt the moment, but you guys are already causing quite a commotion.”, said the first professor.

 

“We’re very sorry Sir.”, Kyuhyun spoke up.

 

The rest of the UC just nodded in agreement and also apologized.

 

“It’s fine with us faculty members, but your fellow schoolmates, we noticed, have stopped eating and were focusing all of their attention on you guys.”, the second professor said.

 

The UC turned their attention around the cafeteria and noticed that it was true. All of their schoolmates were looking at them. The moment their schoolmates noticed this, they all pretended to do something else.

 

“We’re really sorry Professors...”, it was Seohyun’s turn to apologize.

 

“It’s all right. You guys should just continue this after school or during your break. Understand?”, the first professor spoke again.

 

“Yes Mam.”, the UC all chorused.

 

The professors and seniors started to go back to their table including Krystal.

 

“Bye ‘couz see you later.”, Nicole said to Krystal and just got a smile from her.

 

“It was really nice meeting you Unnie.”, Sulli added. While everyone in the junior’s table smiled at her indicating the same.

 

“You owe me one baby dino.”, Jonghyun said to Aiden while he let go of him.

 

“By the way... You’re the man bro...”

 

Aiden turned his head around, towards the unfamiliar voice. It turned out to be from the third professor who was also starting to leave but was still near their table.

 

Aiden just smiled in embarrassment and nodded his head side wards, while all of the people at their table laughed.

 

 

Monday |June 13, 2011|11:40 AM

 

Back at the senior’s table...

 

Jonghyun finally introduced Krystal to his friends.

 

“It’s nice to finally meet one of Taemin’s sisters.”, said Yoona with a smile.

 

Krystal was still feeling shy so she just gave her a smile in return.

 

“I hope you enjoy your stay Krystal.”, said Victoria.

 

“Thanks...”, Krystal replied.

 

I was...

 

Up until...

 

Their table got a little quiet, so before it silence went on, Taecyeon broke the ice saying, “I can’t believe you know this dweeb.” He said this pertaining to Jonghyun.

 

“Hey!”, Jonghyun blurted.

 

“If you don’t mind me asking, how did you guys know each other?”, Tiffany asked.

 

“Uhm... We were friends back in L.A. Then we...”, Krystal was interrupted by Jonghyun saying, “Then we dated...”

 

“Ohh’s...”, were all that the others could say.

 

Then when it was about to get quiet again, Krystal was the one who break the ice this time.

 

What the heck. I shouldn’t be sulking... You knew from the start it was wrong. 

 

 

Look at him. He’s already with someone.

 

She looked over at Aiden’s table and saw him with the girl he was hugging earlier (Jiyoung) and her head was leaned over his right shoulder.

 

[Sigh] Well, you didn’t actually know that. You never asked him.

 

“I was really surprised that you guys were close with my brother.”, Krystal spoke.

 

“We were actually with him yesterday.”, replied Nichkhun.

 

“Oh. So you guys were also at that party”, said Krystal.

 

“It was my party actually.”, Taecyeon clarified with a smile.

 

“Oh that’s right. Taemin said that they were going to ‘Taec hyung’s party’. I can’t believe I didn’t see the connection earlier when you introduced yourself in class.”, Krystal said and then gave herself a forehead slap which caused her new friends to laugh.

 

“So, how did you guys become close to my brother?”, Krystal asked again to start off a conversation.

 

“Well, first off your brother’s girl friend is my sister.”, Siwon explained.

 

“Oh, so you’re Sulli’s brother?”, Krystal said gladly and Siwon just nodded in return.

 

“Is she the one wearing her hair in a side bun? The one who talked to me?”, Krystal asked again.

 

“Yup. The cute and bubbly one.”, Tiffany confirmed.

 

“Aww... They really look good together.”, Krystal commented.

 

“They really do.”, said Gyuri and the rest just nodded.

 

“Well... And then there’s my brother... whose friends with Taemin.”, Jonghun continued.

 

“Wait... There’s Aiden, Onew, Minho, and Henry... and then there’s that guy wearing a scarf... Oh, so your brother’s the one wearing the scarf?”, Krystal responded.

 

Key’s John Galliano grey gazette and leopard print wool scarf

 

All of the seniors except for Jonghyun laughed hysterically about what Krystal had said, most especially the guys.

 

“Oh my g-”, Taecyeon said, while laughing and holding his stomach.

 

Even Seohyun and Kyuhyun were laughing aloud.

 

“Yah! It’s so not funny.”, Jonghyun retorted.

 

“What’s wrong?”, Krystal said confused.

 

“Gaah... He thought Sissy boy’s your brother.”, Chansung added still laughing.

 

“Hey, Key’s not a sissy. He’s just...”, Seohyun said who was already calm, but couldn’t explain what she said properly.

 

“Key’s just... sensitive?”, Yoona tried to help Seohyun out.

 

“Artistic?”, Tiffany added.

 

“Fashionable?”, Gyuri commented.

 

“Well, he’s... He just understands girls better. Jonghyun’s brother is-”, Victoria summed up.

 

“The one you saw standing on top of the table.”, Jonghyun interrupted.

 

This cause Krystal to drop the fork she was holding; another surprise for the day.

 

Aiden’s his brother??!!

 

Krystal was so shocked, even if she gave her poker face, it was still obvious.

 

“You seem surprised.”, Nichkhun commented.

 

“It’s just- I thought your brother’s name was AJ? [looks at Jonghyun]”, Krystal tried to explain.

 

“Yeah. AJ... Aiden James.”, Jonghyun replied. When he said Aiden’s name Krystal also recited it the same time he did only in her mind.

 

It all makes sense now...

 

They seniors continued to get to know more about Krystal up until the bell rang and they had to go back to their respective classes.

 

 

Monday |June 13, 2011|11:40 AM -> same time

 

Over at the junior’s table...

 

“Dude, that was so epic.”, Minho said to Aiden.

 

“Nice one man.”, Onew gave a high five to Aiden.

 

“Was I the only one who thought that was embarrassing?”, Suzy asked.

 

“Yah! It was not! That was sooo sweet.”, Sulli said.

 

“Yeah. So sweet.”, added Hyuna.

 

Aiden just looked at Jiyoung and saw her looking at him lovingly.

 

I really hope I made the right choice...

 

He smiled at her then Jiyoung leaned in and whispered, “You didn’t have to do that you know... Just a simple explanation would do.”

 

“I wanted to.”, Aiden replied quickly without looking at her and he smiled after a few seconds.

 

I had to... (so can stop thinking about her)

 

Jiyoung smiled and laid her head on Aiden’s shoulder.

 

I needed to... (so I can forget her)

 

The rest teased them because of their affection. After a while the rest returned to their normal conversations while Aiden just remained quite pretending to listen.

 

He slowly turned his head around and glanced at Krystal only to see her laughing with the senior at their table.

 

 

Monday |June 13, 2011| 1:00 PM

 

While they were having class, Krystal was lost in her thoughts.

 

FLASHBACK:

Krystal used to come over at Jonghyun’s place when they were dating. They would do their homework together. They finished early so they had a lot of free time. They made it useful by speding some 'time' together.

 

Jonghyun was in the bathroom taking a piss when Aiden walked in on her while she was just putting her clothes back on.

 

“Hey JD have you seen my-”, Aiden said, but was shocked with what he saw- Krystal wearing nothing but her bra and just about to put on her jeans.

 

“m-yy- my-”, Aiden stood by the door way stunned by still talking.

 

As if perfect timing, Jonghyun just got out of the bathroom wearing only his boxers. He saw Krystal not moving and was staring at something or someone which turned out to be his 12 year old baby brother looking so shocked.

 

Jonghyun immediately ran towards his Aiden, covered his eyes, and led him outside while he closed the door.

 

[END OF FLASHBACK]

 

That’s why he looked familiar...

 

I can’t believe he was that kid...

 

Gosh... This is so messed up. [Sigh]

 

Krystal snapped back to reality when all of her class mates were already standing up and going to their next class.

 

“Goodbye class. Don’t forget to read the first chapter on Mcbeth.”, their professor (Dr. Clive Owen) said.

 

 

“So where are you guys off to?”, Gyuri asked her friends.

 

[The class they just attended was a large class which meant that all 12th grade sections were present. Their class was held in the AHM building, Humanities lecture hall A]

 

 

“We have Social Science (Gender and uality).”, Jonghun replied.

 

“Oh so you guys are off to the Main buliding?”, Siwon added while holding Tiffany’s hand.

 

“We have Science (Chemistry of Energy).”, Chansung added.

 

“How about you guys Hyunnie?”, Yoona asked her best friend.

 

“Kyunnie and I have Math (Calculus).”, Seohyun answered.

 

“Oh my god! That’s Prof. Yun’s class!”, Yoona said with a big grin.

 

“[Coughs] Great! We’re all going to the same building.”, Taecyeon said with a smile but sticking his tongue out at Yoona.

 

“What? He’s cute.”, Yoona retorted.

 

 

All of the UC seniors including Krystal went back to the Main building were all of their classes were held. They only separated when the bell rang.

 

Krystal’s next class was Social Science. Surprisingly, it was one of the teachers that talked to them during lunch (Prof. Darcey). Since it was the first day of class, they were dismissed early. Jonghyun asked them to hang out the SU building after all the next period would be their break. Krystal, Tiffany, Victoria, Nichkhun and Taecyeon agreed.

 

While they were walking to the SU building Krystal was lost in her thoughts again.

 

I really think I should talk to him...

 

About things...

 

Since we’ll be seeing each other more often than I expected.

 

What do you mean it was more often than expected? You knew he was pals with your brother so it was a given that you’ll always see him around. Said her conscience.

 

Yeah. But it’s a lot different now...

 

Jonghyun noticed that Krystal was really quiet. She wasn’t as enthusiastic as she was before. So he slowly got beside her while they were walking. But Krystal was so deep in thought she didn’t notice him.

 

“Hey Krys...”, Jonghyun said but was ignored by Krystal.

 

Krystal got Taemin’s phone and decided to let him know where she was going to hang out. When she was about to press send, she remembered Jiyoung being the girl that Aiden...

 

Never mind...

 

“Krys... Hey Krys.”, Jonghyun said, louder than the last one.

 

“Hmm?”, Krystal replied.

 

“You were spacing out... Uhm, is that your phone?... Can I get your number then?”, Jonghyun said shyly, then scratching the back of his head.

 

“Oh. Uhm, this is Taemin’s. He lent it to me ‘cause I still had my number back in L.A.”, Krystal explained.

 

“Oh... So, who were you about to text then?”, asked Jonghyun.

 

“Uh... I was about to text H-Hyuna... To let Taemin know that will be hang out here.”, Krystal said in perfect timing as they just arrived in front of the building.

 

“Well, you don’t have to worry about that because they also hang out here during break.”, Jonghyun explained again.

 

After they went inside and got to the UC senior’s usual hang out spot, Krystal brought out Taemin’s phone again.

 

To: Aiden

Meet me at the SU building rooftop before break.

-          Krystal

 

 

Monday |June 13, 2011| 2:10 PM

 

 Aiden was in class when he felt his phone vibrating form his pocket. He took out his phone carefully so their teacher wouldn’t notice.

 

From: Taemin

Meet me at the SU building rooftop before break.

 

Why would Tae wanna meet me there?

 

He looked at his phone again.

 

From: Taemin

Meet me at the SU building rooftop before break.

-         Krystal

 

He hid his phone back in his pocket right away. But the seven lettered name was still imprinted in his mind.

 

Krystal...

 

 

Monday |June 13, 2011| 2:20 PM

 

Dashboard Confessional – The Secret’s In The Telling

 

The bell rang at exactly 2:20 PM.

 

Aiden’s class was located in the AHM building, Humanities lecture hall B. Just the lecture hall next to where Krystal had her class 2 hours ago. He made some lame excuse to his friends just so he could meet her.

 

He got to the rooftop by 2:30 PM.

 

Krystal got their first; five minutes before Aiden arrived. Like him, she also said some lame excuse just so she could be where she was now.

 

Aiden saw her looking out the horizon. He just stood there. Waiting for his heartbeat to slow down, thinking he shouldn’t have run to get there. Not knowing it was just the effect she had on him.

 

The signal is subtle
We pass just close enough to touch

 

When she noticed he was already there, she waited for a moment, thinking he would say something.

 

No questions, no answers
We know by now to say enough
With only simple words
With only subtle turns
The things we feel alone for one another

 

But she got nothing.

 

So she spoke first, “I’m sorry.”

 

She inhaled deeply before continuing, “What happened was a mistake. It should’ve never...”

 

“I get it...”, Aiden finally spoke, breaking her sentence.

 

“I don’t think you do...”, Krystal responded.

 

 

Monday |June 13, 2011| 4:50 PM

 

The final bell for the day rang. School was finally over.

 

Students were going home to their respective posh houses, only the upper crust students were the exemption. They decided to hang out at Sollazzare with Krystal tagging along with them.

 

Krystal wasn’t in the mood to hang out. But she obliged any way thinking it might be rude.

 

The juniors got there first. So when the seniors arrived they were already there. Krystal went straight to the wash room only to bump into Aiden.

 

“I’m sor-”, they both said. But they forgot their words when they saw who it was they were holding onto.

 

How ironic. It was like the first time they met each other (again).

 

There is a secret that we keep
I won’t sleep if you won’t sleep
Because tonight may be the last chance we’ll be given
We are compelled to do what we must do
We are compelled to do what we have been forbidden

 

So I won't sleep if you won't sleep tonight

 

Aiden, slowly let go of her and made way for her to pass. “I’m sorry.” He said. But Krystal was already inside the wash room.

 

Aiden was deep in thought. He didn’t notice his friends were laughing because of him. He sat beside Jiyoung still in thought when she nudged him trying to catch his attention.

 

(Seating positions)

 

Taecyeon stood up and tried to imitate Aiden earlier. “Everyone... I’m whipped.”

 

All of them laughed while Aiden just bowed his head and covered his face in embarrassment.

 

Krystal found all of them laughing when she returned, except Aiden who had his head bowed down.

 

“Hey, what he did was amazing Oppa! So stop teasing!”, Jiyoung defended with an angry pout, then turning her attention to the watch she was wearing, the one that Aiden gave her.

 

“That’s his favourite watch you know.”, Jonghyun commented.

 

“Aww...”, said the girls, except for Suzy, who thought it was corny and Krystal, well, anybody can guess what she felt.

 

“Really?”, Jiyoung turned towards Aiden and he just nodded.

 

“So I’m guessing you guys are really official. The JiDen couple.”, said Gyuri.

 

Everyone laughed at the cute nickname.

 

“I don’t think their official... Yet.”, Suzy said out of the blue.

 

“You aren’t?”, asked Yoona.

 

 Jiyoung nodded; still feeling a bit embarrassed.

 

“What?!”, reacted Tiffany.

 

“After what he did for you... Tsk tsk. Come one Ji...”, Chansung said.

 

“Yeah come on...”, said Luna and Hara.

 

“Yeah Jiji. Can’t you see how embarrassing that was for hyung to do.”, Sulli joined in.

 

“Yeah man. Say yes to him already. Our best friend’s been courting you for more than a year now.”, added Henry and pertaining to Taemin.

 

“Yeah Jiji.”, said Taemin.

 

“All right already!”, Jiyoung said, but with an embarrassed smile.

 

“I wanted to do it somewhere special. [Sigh] But... I guess why wait.”, Jiyoung said.

 

The others cheered and yelled.

 

“Aiden James Lee. Kang Jiyoung is now officially your girl friend.”, Jiyoung said looking at Aiden.

 

Aiden was all smiles.

 

Jiyoung hugged him right way and hid her face in his shoulder to hide her blush.

All of the UC were so happy for their maknaes.

 

But for Aiden, he knew deep down. Something was missing.

 

...

 

Krystal couldn’t take it anymore, so she pretended to get a call from their Mom just so she could leave and get some air.

 

Aiden saw Krystal standing up and leaving to go outside.

 

He just stared at her as she left.

 

I’m happy. This is what I’ve been waiting for over a year now.

 

Jiyoung and I are finally together.

 

But why does it feel like something’s missing?

 

Our act of defiance
We keep this secret in our blood
No paper or letters
We pass just close enough to touch
We love in secret names
We hide within our veins
The things that keep us bound to one another

 

 

FLASHBACK: (2 hours and 12 minutes ago)

They were at the rooftop.

 

“I don’t think you do...”, Krystal responded.

 

“What do you mean?”, Aiden asked.

 

“Please don’t ever tell anyone what happened between us. ”, Krystal said in a serious tone.

 

“...” Aiden remained quiet.

 

Krystal bowed her head nodded it sideways. “I came here to have a new life. To start over. But all I did was it up.” Krystal said this to herself in a soft voice. But since Aiden was so focused on her, he heard what she said.

 

He approached her feeling that she was about to cry.

 

Aiden stopped in front of her for a moment then also bowed his head, trying to see if she was crying.

 

When Krystal brought her head up, her eyes were met by Aiden.

 

She had this cold stare. Be he had this warm one.

Soon, Krystal’s cold one started to wore off. Her cold glare started to melt and water. She was now teary eyed. Aiden immediately placed her in his embrace.

 

Krystal never felt so good being in his hug. Her mood and her heart really went downhill ever since she saw Aiden during lunch.

 

But she knew it wouldn’t last long. They both knew it wouldn’t last long.

 

So Krystal spoke up, “Please let go...”

 

“Aiden...”

 

Aiden never felt happier hearing his name. It was different when it came out Krystal’s mouth.

 

“Please... Let go.”, Krystal repeated.

 

When Aiden finally caught what she said. He slowly let go of her.

 

Krystal was looking far away, just so she wouldn’t have to look at him. She was now wiping her tears as she was speaking, with her cold tone back on. “As I was saying... What happened was a mistake.”

 

“It should’ve never happened... I- I- shouldn’t have done what I did.”

    

“First off, you’re my brother’s best friend.”

 

So what...

 

“Second, you’re so much younger than me.”

 

My dad’s five years older than my mom, you’re JUST three years older than me.

 

Age is not an issue.

 

[END OF FLASHBACK]

 

 

Krystal’s train of thought was interrupted when Jonghyun also stepped outside.

 

“Hey, is everything all right?”, Jonghyun asked Krystal, looking concerned

 

“Yeah. My mom just wanted to know where Tae and I was.”, Krystal replied, although it was just a lie.

 

“Oh... You’ve been here an awful long time now.”

 

“Really?”, Krystal; asked not sure how long she was standing there already.

 

“Nah, not really. I was just playing.”, Jonghyun said.

“Augh. I really thought- That wasn’t funny.”, Krystal said.

Jonghyun just laughed at her for falling for his trick. Krystal elbowed his stomach.

 

“Ouch! No need to be violent. I was just joking. ”, Jonghyun said holding his tummy.

 

Krystal finally laughed at him when she saw his not so handsome expression of pain.

 

“There you go. My plan worked! The ice princess finally smiled.”, Jonghyun said with a big grin on his face.

 

“I missed seeing that smile.”, Jonghyun spoke again while pinching Krystal’s cheek.

 

Krystal just smiled at him.

 

There was a few seconds of silence before one of them spoke again.

 

“I never stopped caring about you Krys. I just wanna let you know that.”, Jonghyun said.

 

If only it was that easy...

 

I’m sorry Jong.


There is a secret that we keep
I won't sleep if you won't sleep
Because tonight may be the last chance we'll be given
We are compelled to do what we must do
We are compelled to do what we have been forbidden

 

 

Krystal and Jonghyun went back inside together. Jonghyun had his arm around Krystal’s shoulder and this did not remain unnoticed by Aiden.

 

FLASHBACK: (continuation)

“Second, you’re so much younger than me.”

 

[Sigh] “Third, I- I- used to be with your brother... Jonghyun.”

 

“So please-”

 

“What? How did that happen?”, Aiden interrupted Krystal, stunned with what he heard.

 

“...” Krystal remained silent trying to find the right words to say.

 

“Don’t tell me you’re-”

 

No. That can’t be.

 

“You’re Soojung...”

 

[END OF FLASHBACK]

 

Aiden was brought back down to reality when his friends started teasing his brother.

 

“Looks like somebody’s getting back together again with Krystal.”, Taecyeon teased.

 

“What?”, Krystal and Jonghyun both answered. Krystal’s reaction was confusion, but Jonghyun’s reaction was a smile and a blush.

 

“Oh my. Jong’s blushing you guys!”, Yoona joined.

 

Jongyun removed his hand from Krystal’s shoulder and just sat back down.

 

“I wasn’t, all right? It was just hot outside.”, Jonghyun defended but was forcing to stop his smile.

 

 

When Aiden saw his brother’s reaction, his heart sank.

 

Until the last resilient hope
Is frozen deep inside my bones
And this broken fate has claimed me
And my memories for its own

 

FLASHBACK: (continuation)

“You’re Soojung...”

 

“Yes... I am...”

 

A different FLASHBACK:

Aiden has had the deepest crush for Soojung, his brother's girlfriend back then. The moment he saw her in school with Taemin, he couldn’t get her out of his mind. He was so sick of always thinking about her because he knew that it was wrong. Soojung was his brother’s girl and he loved her very much. Aiden always convinced himself that he shouldn’t think of her that way. But it really didn’t help that Krystal was always hanging around at their house; almost every day.

 

Things got much worse when he saw her half-. He wasn’t really questioning what she was doing in her brother’s room dressed that way. He was still too young to think about those kinds of things. But ever since then, he would always fantasize about her. It wasn’t her being half-, not at all. It was simply her beauty. Her skin, her rosy cheeks, her strong eyes, her alluring voice, everything about her Aiden admired.

 

[END OF FLASHBACK]

 

Your name is pounding through my veins
Can't you hear how it is sung?
And I can taste you in my mouth
Before the words escape my lungs
And I'll whisper only once...

 

I get it now.

 

We should just forget what happened.

 

[Sigh]

 

Jonghyun should never find out.

 

There is a secret that we keep
I won't sleep if you won't sleep
Because tonight may be the last chance we'll be given
We are compelled to do what we have to
We are compelled to do what we have been forbidden

 

He still loves her.

 

'Cause you will be somebody's girl
And you will keep each other warm

But tonight I am feeling cold

 

 

When Anais Nin said that families can make you forget yourself occasionally. She meant that families can heal you when the heart gets broken. But it is only temporary.

 

 

When people get their hearts broken, there can only be three solutions.

 

First, is to let it heal by itself and through time it’ll get fixed. But the scar will always be there.

 

Second, is to find the person that caused it. Only they can piece it back together for they have the missing pieces.

 

Lastly, find someone who’s willing to fix it for you.

 

 

For Aiden and Krystal, their cuts were so deep; it’ll probably take forever to heal. Finding someone to fix it for them would cause a lot of sacrifices from that person, because they’re trying to replace a big part of their hearts. The person might be able to fill the gap, but it would never be the same.

 

The only option is the second one.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*NOTE: I do not own any of the pictures.

 

Sorry its so long. cool

Hope you guys liked it.

 

P.S. Sorry if I keep pulling Aiden and Krystal apart.

But I promise it'll get better as the story goes. They're meant for each other, so don't worry. angel