Chapter 5: Street Map (continuation)

Time and Confusion

 

 

(continuation)

 

“PRRRT!!”  (Whistle blowing)

 

“Thank you for all those students who tried out for the team. Results will be posted next Monday. You all can go home now or if you want stay to watch the first game of the year... As tradition the first game of the year would be played by the current members of the team. Everyone is welcome to watch them play; maybe learn a few tricks from them.”, Coach ‘B’ (Butler) as his players/students call him spoke.

 

[Refer to aff Chapter 12: Extra: SMA faculty and staff]

 

“Alright. Gather up team.”, he continued.

 

“We’re going to play scrimmage. So team captains and soon-to-be captains gather round.”, Coach Cam (Cameron) of the girls’ team added.

 

[Scrimmage - exhibition game; an informal sports contest or practice match engaged in for practice purposes which does not go on the regular season record. (reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrimmage)]

 

The players we’re gathered holding their water bottles and catching a breather while listening to what their coaches have to say.

 

“First game will be boys: Nichk’s team versus Aiden’s. Second will be Nicole’s versus Suzy’s.”, Coach B explained.

 

“So we’re having two games Coach? Can’t it be one? It’s starting to get dark...”, Nicole commented.

 

“Yeah.. And it looks like it’s about to rain. She’s right.. Hmm.. how about we do co-ed?”, Coach Cam suggested.

 

“Yeah Coach B!”, Sulli chimed knowing Taemin was watching.

 

“Plus, that’ll be easier for all of us. We all get to go home earlier!”, Suzy joined as well as the other players.

 

“Since when are you guys this lazy?”, Coach B joked. “Arasso, arasso.”, he continued giving in to them.

 

“Team captains.”, Coach Cam called.

 

“Nicky?”, Nichkhun turned to Nicole because they we going to start.

 

“Let Aiden.”, Nicole suggested while ruffling his hair.

 

He just sighed in return and turned to Nichkhun. “Alright... Tails Hyung.”

 

“It’s heads.”, Coach B said as the coin flipped in his palm.

 

“Nice. Okay... I’m choosing... Onew!”, Nichkhun said knowing it would get to Aiden. He wanted to challenge him; he was after all the one being pegged for the next team captain. Even if he’s only Junior next year, it was not enough that being captain was based on skill. It also involved leadership; thus Nichkhun wanted to test him.

 

“Augh. Appa! That’s not fair...”, Aiden pouted. Even if Onew was just a goalie their tag-team was good; plus the opposing team always get a hard time getting a goal.

 

“What? Fair game.”, Nichkhun said while sticking his tongue out at Aiden.

 

“Fine. I choose Nick noona.”, Aiden picked Nicole because she was the best midfielder aside from Nichkhun.

 

“Yah! You should choose all your Hyungs first! Bros over hoes man.”, Key complained.

 

“Suzy.”, Nichkhun said earning another complain from Key when he wasn’t picked again.

 

“Augh...”, Aiden slapped his forehead.

 

I thought he was going to choose Kyuhyun hyung.. Darn.. Appa’s taking my best men.

 

“Serve’s you right when you didn’t pick your best friend first.”, Suzy whispered to Aiden when she passed by him to go to Nichkhun’s side.

 

“Then I choose Sulli..”, Aiden said.

 

“Yay! Thanks Hyung!!”, Sulli said cheerfully.

 

They went on with picking teams. Since Nichkhun’s team won the coin toss they will have the ball first and Aiden’s teammates would have to wear the scrimmage vest:

 

vestfinal_zps54fbeac0.jpg

 

 

------------------------------

Scrimmage division:

 

Nichkhun’s team: Onew, Suzy, Hara, Kyuhyun, Junho, Wooyoung 

Aiden’s team: Nicole, Sulli, Key, Luna, Chanyeol, Kai

------------------------------

 

Both teams we’re huddled up on different sides of the football field.

 

fooftballstadium_zoom_zps1b59f813.jpg

 

“All right Appa. So what’s the plan?”, Suzy asked wanting to crush Aiden’s team.

 

“Hmm.. Suzy, you’re center-forward. Kyuhyun can serve as your right, and Junho you’re left. You guys know what to do. Just keep assisting her and keep rotating the ball. Wooyoung would be my right defense Hara would be my left. Arasso?”, Nichkhun instructed.

 

“You’re not going across Hyung?”, Onew asked Nichkhun. As the midfield, he has the option to become a forward/striker or a defense.

 

“We’ll see as the game goes. But I wasn’t planning on it.. They’ll be expecting it.”, Nichkhun clarified.

 

 

Over on Aiden’s side of the field...

 

“So what’s our plan captain?”, Nicole asked with an eye-smile that can battle Tiffany and Sulli’s.

 

“Don’t.. call me that.”, Aiden said nervously.

 

“[Giggles] All right buddy. Forgive me.”, Nicole said while riffling his hair again.

 

“Relax hyung! We can do this!!”, Sulli spoke with much enthusiasm the offering him a fist-pump.

 

“Yeah. Chillax man.. Just look at Sulli’s game. We’ll crush them!”, Key added.

 

“So what’s our plan Aiden? You center-forward or what?”, Kai chimed in.

 

“I’m playing field.”, Aiden said with a stern face.

 

“W-what? We need to score Aiden! You can’t stay at the center.”, Luna commented shocked with what she heard.

 

Aiden was a center-forward, the youngest of the academy’s football team. He was the scorer; the striker. He made a record of having an average of 4 goals per game; thus making him the best peg for team captain next year aside from his honest demeanour. He never played foul and never got called out making any offense from all the 12 games they had last year.

 

Now it was not his skills or his ability to score that was being tested, but his leadership skills; a skill where you put all your men first before yourself. It’s not enough that you are above them, that’s already a given being the leader; but to be a leader, you also have to know how to be a member.

 

“You heard him. He’s playing midfield.”, Nicole said with a smirk not sounding as surprised as her best friend.

 

“So what’ll it be? You know, they’re lucky I like red.”, Key uttered which earned giggles from their teammates.

 

“Nicky will be center-forward. Sulli will be her right, while Kai will be her left.”, Aiden instructed the strikers.

 

“Wait- what?! Hyung! I’ve never played right before! I was always left. I started as left-defense then went on to being a left forward. But never a right!”, Sulli complained scared she might fail.

 

“Well do you kick with your left foot?”, Aiden asked suddenly.

 

“I don’t but-”, Sulli spoke only to be interrupted by Aiden. “Then you’ll do just fine.”

 

“B-but-”, Sulli complained again.

 

“No buts Ssul... Come on. It’s time for you to be placed on the right. I know you can do it.”, Aiden said as he encouraged her while patting her head.

 

[NOTE: Usually it's the right forward/striker who does the most goals coming in second of the center forward; the left forward usually just assists the other two forwards.]

 

“Luna noona would be my right defense while Chanyeol would be my left... and you Hyung [turns to Key and pats his shoulder].. Would be our goalie.”, Aiden instructed.

 

“Nice! Now I don’t need to wear that this thing [takes off the red vest].”, Key stated as he removed the vest unknowingly making Nicole blush.

 

“What’s our game plan now that we know our positions?”, Chanyeol asked.

 

“Let’s just have fun. We already know what we have to do. Just play a clean game, support each other if we have too. I think Appa’s probably going to stay down the center. But I got something else for him.”, Aiden said with a smirk.

 

“Hyung! I’ve got an idea! What if we used different names to distract them? It’s what our team does when we’re playing at cups.”, Sulli suggested.

 

“What do you mean?”, all the guys chorused.

 

“Like, let’s not call each other by our names, but codes. You get it? We usually use our boyfriend’s or crush’s nickname.”, Sulli explained.

 

“So I’ll be like Jiyoung?”, Aiden asked.

 

“Yup.”, Sulli and Luna said.

 

“It’s really effective.. ‘cause our opponents usually know who we are so we do it to confuse them. Though Suzy and Hara already know this, but we’re on the opposing team. It’s not the same... Hmm, just call me Ronaldo.”, Nicole said smiling.

 

“B-but don’t we call you Kibum Unnie?”, Sulli asked absentmindedly earning a nudge from Luna.

 

“J-just call me that. Suzy and Hara are already used to that.”, Nicole said blushing.

 

“Just let her... So we’ll call her Ronaldo (Cristiano Ronaldo: famous football player)... Hmm, me.. call me Nic.”, Key said smiling at Nicole.

 

“Like Khun-appa?”, Aiden joked earning him a kick on the shin from Key.

 

After Aiden’s team settled their plans. They went on to face the other team to begin the game.

 

“You know you look like you’re prepared for this (being a goalie).”, Nicole said to Key as they we’re getting ready for the game as they we’re walking towards the center.

 

“We’ll I really thought it was going to rain so I wore this. Plus I’m always prepared anyway [Winks]. C’mon let’s do this.”, Key said then offering Nicole a fist-pump.

 

Key was wearing the long-sleeved jersey like Onew. He borrowed Onew's extra gloves.

 

5jersey_key_zps174b89d7.jpg onewgloves2_zps8f18e0f5.jpg

 

 

Thursday |June 16, 2011| 5:15 PM

 

The All-American Rejects - Move Along

 

Start of the first scrimmage of the year.

 

“All right. Let the game begin.”, Coach B declared followed by the sound of a horn.

 

Nichkhun’s team were already in their designated positions anticipating the first move of the game.

 

Suzy just stepped over the ball as a fake for Kyuhyun kicking the ball towards their goal which Key easily caught surprising the opposing team as well as their friends watching.

 

“Damn. That sissy-boy’s tough.”, Chansung commented from the bleachers.

 

“Yeah.. Key’s surprisingly good as a goalie.”, Seohyun said.

 

Everyone was expecting Aiden to face Suzy off. They got surprised when his team suddenly switched positions. Aiden was at the midfield and Nicole was the front with Sulli and Kai tailing her.

 

“U-unnie?”, Suzy asked Nicole only earning a smirk from her senior.

 

Since Key caught the ball he went for a volley-kick calling out, “Ronaldo!” and passing the ball to Nicole who was immediately blocked by Suzy.

 

Nicole gave her another smirk dribbling the ball to the right, but only to spin back and pass to Sulli who was already across the field.

 

Sulli was in turn blocked by Hara. She panicked a little ‘cause it was all too fast so Aiden intercepted.

 

“Taemin!”, he called out to Sulli. She immediately returned back the ball to the center.

 

“Guys! FOCUS.”, Nichkhun warned seeing the ball was in Aiden’s hand or in his foot for that matter.

Aiden was moving quick, but stopped when he got near Wooyoung’s area. He juggled the ball then kicked with full force over to the other side of the field where Kai was standing by. He absorbed the ball using his chest then juggled the ball to his knees passing it to Nicole at the center. She was about to make the goal, when she noted Sulli on her right in a closer position. They lock eyes for a moment before she screamed, “Taee-MIN!!”

 

“GOAL!!!”, Key screamed from all the way to his side of the field.

 

Aiden ran to Sulli who was still too shocked with what happened, lifting her up and spinning her around.

 

“I told you! I told you, you could do it!”, Aiden said while placing her down.

 

“NICE SULLI-AH!!!!”, the UC members outside the field shouted.

 

“THAT’S MY GIRLLL!!!!”, Siwon screamed, the proud brother that he is.

 

“They were using our technique (code names)... [Sigh] I didn’t realize how effective it really was ‘till now. Augh! So confusing!”, Hara spoke.

 

“Aw man! I didn’t see that one coming!”, Suzy cried frustrated.

 

“Me too Suzy... me too...”, Nichkhun said with a smirk.

 

 

Thursday |June 16, 2011| 5:35 PM

 

Headmaster’s speech: (continued)

It’s not enough that you are good at it; you need to have the passion for it.

 

After 20 minutes into the game (10 minutes per half), the victory went to Nichkhun’s team beating Aiden’s team by two points (5-3).

 

“Congrats Appa.”, Aiden went to Nichkhun.

 

“Yeah. It was a nice game... You surprised me though.”, Nichkhun commented.

 

“[Scratches his head] Haha... yeah well.. I’m not as good as you though.”, Aiden replied.

 

“You’re right... ‘Cause you’re wayyy better.”, Nichkhun said white placing his left arm over Aiden’s shoulder then ruffling his head with the other.

 

“Good job little man! Now I know I’ll be able to sleep well knowing next year’s captain won’t let me down.”, Coach B said getting in the middle of Aiden and Nichkhun.

 

 

The remaining UC were now on the field joining their friends.

 

“Congrats you guys! Nice game for all of you.”, Taecyeon said.

 

“You go Aiden!”, Yoona said offering a high-five to him.

 

“We’ll Sulli didn’t do bad herself!”, Tiffany said while hugging Sulli.

 

“Two goals for my baby girl!”, Siwon proudly said while pinching her cheek.

 

“You did great Suzy...”, Henry said softly.

 

“[Sigh] I don’t think so...”, Suzy replied.

 

“Yo! What’s with the sad face. You won didn’t you.”, Luna said embracing her baby cousin.

 

“It’s not about winning.”, Suzy and Nicole surprisingly said the same time.

 

“Don’t worry. You’ll do better...”, Nicole whispered to her, then giving her a comforting smile.

 

“So where to?! Sollazzare?”, Chansung said loudly as they were walking away from the field.

 

“You really did good...”, Jiyoung whispered to Aiden after she offered him some water and a towel.

 

“Thanks... Hey... Have you seen Jong?”, Aiden replied, but not forgetting to smile.

 

“Oh, Oppa left early with Krystal unnie.”, Jiyoung explained earning just a small nod from Aiden.

 

“Hey would you mind if you guys go without me? I need to buy new pieces for my drums... Or if you want you can come with me?”, Aiden explained remembering his worn out drum pieces.

 

“I’ll have to pass. It is after all a school night. Just go home after you’re done okay? And be careful.”, Jiyoung said with care.

 

“I will. You too.”, he replied.

 

 

Once all the students left the field the two coaches were walking side by side talking about the game.

 

“He’s really good... But I’m disappointed they lost... I was secretly aiming for them to win.”, Coach Cam honestly said.

 

“I know right... That kid’s got uncontrollable passion.”, Coach B replied.

 

“Passion? Then he should’ve fought for their team’s victory. They’ were off to a good start.”, Coach Cam retorted.

 

“Are you kidding me? Aiden can single-handedly beat the other team if he wanted too.”, Coach B said exasperatedly.

 

“You’re exaggerating G (Gerard).”, Coach Cam calmly replied.

 

“No, I’m serious. Kid’s the best striker this school has ever gotten. He could already be playing for FIFA... But you know what? He chose to be a midfield so he can watch over his team. It’s not about winning or the amount of goals you score. Being placed in the position of team captain means letting your team get the job done with your supervision. He didn’t need to score the goal for them; he let them be.”, Coach B explained.

 

“I mean, c’mon have you ever seen Sulli score that many goals in one game? And it’s just the start of the year.”, he continued.

 

 

Thursday |June 16, 2011| 6:00 PM

 

Greenday - Holiday

 

At the mall’s parking lot...

 

Aiden decided to call Jonghyun telling him about his whereabouts.

 

“Hello.” [Jonghyun]

 

"JD (Junior dino), it’s Aiden. I’m here at the mall. I’m gonna buy new cymbal felts and plastic cymbal sleeves for my drum set. Just letting you know... Oh, and please remind Mom about it ‘cause I think she forgot. Thanks dude." [Aiden]

 

"All right. Anything else? I’m in the middle of studying. We might have a pop quiz in Calc tomorrow so... " [Jonghyun]

 

"[Giggles] People think my big brother’s so cool, when in fact... you’re such a nerd!" [Aiden]

 

"Yah! I need to keep up my grades. It’s not like I’m still a sophomore with easier subjects!" [Jonghyun]

 

"Ouch! [Laughs] Arasso. Good luck with the studying... Nerd!" [Aiden]

 

Right after Aiden spoke, he immediately ended the call not giving his big brother a chance to retort.

 

God, I’m so dead when I get home...

 

After buying what he needed he checked his phone while walking back to the mall’s exit.

Just when Aiden was about to place his phone back in his pocket, it vibrated telling him he got a new message.

 

From Mom:

Hey Baby! JD texted me that you’re gonna buy new drum pieces at the mall. I guess I forgot. I’m also here buying our groceries.

 

From Baby Dino:

Hey Mom. :) I’m actually done. You need any help? I’m coming over to you, all right?

 

From Mom:

Ok. I’m almost done so come quick. :*

 

When it was Mrs. Lee’s turn to pay for the groceries, Aiden came just in time to help her place the items on the counter. She noticed the familiar lady over the next counter.

 

“Gretchen!”, Mrs. Lee greeted her best friend/colleague or her boss for that matter.

 

[Refer to aff Chapter 11: Extra: Family info/history]

 

“Andi!”, Mrs. Jung went over to greet her kissing her cheeks and giving her a light hug.

 

“Since when have you been back? I thought you were in Singapore. We have a lot of catching up to do!”, Mrs. Lee gleefully remarked.

 

“I arrived this Sunday ‘cause I really missed Taemin... and Krystal’s back. She’s permanently staying here in Korea.”, Mrs. Jung told her friend with a light heart.

 

“Oh my god! I’m so happy for you! [Pats her shoulder]. I bet Taemin’s never been better having one of his sisters with him again., Mrs Lee replied.

 

[Coughs] Aiden attempted to catch his Mom’s attention since the clerk has already checked all the items.

 

“Oh right. Sorry [turns to the clerk]. Sorry Honey [turns to Aiden].”, Mrs. Lee spoke.

 

“Hey Aunt G.”, Aiden went to greet Taemin’s Mom then gave her a kiss on the cheek.

 

“My you’ve grown a lot over this summer [holds both of Aiden’s cheeks]. Pretty soon your Mom’s not gonna have her baby anymore. You dating anyone J (AJ)?”, Mrs. Jung kept speaking only to earn a deep blush from the young man.

 

This caused the female workers around to giggle; only to embarrass Aiden more.

 

“No matter what happens, even if my AJ here gets married; he will always be my baby. [kisses Aiden’s cheek then wiping it ‘cause of her lipstick]”, Mrs. Lee commented.

 

“Augh. Mom!”, Aiden had enough or the harmless teasing.

 

“What? It’s true”, Mrs. Lee said earning laughter from Mrs. Jung and the people near them as well.

 

“[Sigh] Can I just wait for you outside?”, Aiden cheeks and ears very flushed red.

 

 

Thursday |June 16, 2011| 6:25 PM

 

Aiden decided to wait for her Mom outside to help her carry the groceries to the car. Then after placing theirs he helped Mrs. Jung with theirs or he help Martin with theirs.

 

“[Sigh] I wish my kids were like that. They’re so spoiled.”, Mrs. Jung said after seeing Aiden being so helpful.

 

“[Giggles] We’ll it’s not their fault you guys have so many helpers. Everything’s laid out for them... but their good kids. I’m sure they realize how blessed they are”, Mrs. Lee replied sincerely.

 

“Speaking of my kids... Where is that girl?”, Mrs. Jung commented pertaining to Krystal who came with her.

 

“Who?”, Mrs. Lee asked confused.

 

“Oh. I forgot to tell you. I came with Krystal. We’ll if you know my kids, especially my daughters, them and shopping malls are like this [crosses her index with her middle finger]. She told me she was just going to buy a few things for her swimming try-outs tomorrow. [Sigh]”., Mrs. Jung told, making Mrs. Lee laugh.

 

“Aiden!”, Mrs. Lee called her son.

 

“Would you mind finding Krystal? You know her right? It’s getting late so can you please find her?”, Mrs. Lee asked Aiden.

 

The moment her heard her name his eyes got big, but then he quickly changed his expression and ended up just nodding and sighing. “Sure Mom, no problem.”

 

“Thanks baby... [Sigh] I wish I had daughters.”, Mrs. Lee remarked after Aiden went off only to earn laughter from her friend.

 

 

Thursday |June 16, 2011| 6:35 PM

 

Back inside the mall...

 

[Sigh] Now where could she be?

 

Oh right... Aunt Gretchen told me that she was getting ready for her swimming try-outs tomorrow... So onto the sports outlets.

 

Sum 41 - With Me

 

Aiden has been wondering around the mall for a good ten minutes. He unconsciously stopped in front of an unknown store while he got on his phone to text his Mom letting her know that he still hasn’t found her. Just when he was about to press send, he heard an all too familiar voice inside the shop speaking saying, “Uhm, do you have this in medium? I don’t really like skin-tight clothes too much.”

 

“There you are...”, Aiden muttered softly but her still caught her attention.

 

“Excuse me?”, Krystal surprisingly replied.

 

“I- Uh... Aunt Gretchen asked me to find you-”, Aiden wasn’t finished with what he was saying when Krystal noticed the time.

 

“Oh no! I forgot about the time.”, Krystal was about to leave the store, when she turned back to apologize for the inconvenience and telling the store worker that she’ll come back for the blouse this week.

 

 Krystal kept on walking when Aiden got hold of her wrist; but immediately let go after she turned to him. “Uhm [Scratches his head] I think you’re going the wrong way. The parking area’s this way.”

 

“I know.”, Krystal replied looking into his eyes, then returning to walking to where she was going.

 

“I just need to get something.”, she continued not bothering to look back.

 

Krystal stopped in her tracks when she noticed the distance between them.

 

“Well?”, Krystal turned to Aiden while waiting for him to walk beside her.

 

“Well what?”, Aiden replied confused.

 

“Aren’t you going to explain what you’re doing here and why were you sent by my Mom to find me?”, Krystal said.

 

Aiden didn’t know where to start.

 

“Are you?.. Are you stalking me?”, She tried to ask.

 

“What? NO!”, Aiden said.

 

“Geez. You didn’t have to be too loud about it.”, Krystal spoke.

 

“Well no... I’m not... I was just here buying some drum accessories, when I found out my Mom was here grocery shopping... Turns out Aunt G was here too... you were taking too long so they asked me to find you and ‘cause you weren’t answering your phone.”, Aiden explained.

 

 

After ten more minutes...

 

Aiden and Krystal were on their way to the parking lot. They already saw their Moms sitting inside the car and chatting.

 

Krystal was a bit embarrassed when her Mom and Mrs. Lee got out of their car to greet them. She was embarrassed not only because they made them wait, but because of the amount of bags Aiden was helping her carry. Turns out the place Krystal was going to was the baggage counter. She placed the other shopping items she bought so that she’d be able to shop some more. But she wasn’t able to think things through since she was shopping alone. She got used to guys helping her carry her bags around, kind of like what Aiden did for her just now.

 

“Sweetie, I thought you told me that you were just going to buy a “few” things for your try-outs? What’s all this?”, Mrs. Jung asked with a mischievous smile while pertaining to all the bags Aiden laid out on the ground and was starting to place in the back compartment of the car together with Martin.

 

“There was a huge sale...”, Krystal said bowing her head down like a little kid caught red handed doing something she wasn’t supposed to.

 

Aiden found it rather charming, while Martin and the two stunning Moms funny.

 

After their subtle laughter subsided...

 

“Wow! So this is Krystal? You’re so pretty!”, Mrs. Lee exclaimed while giving Krystal a hug.

 

“Don’t you remember me? It’s Aunt-”

 

“Andi.”, Krystal intercepted Mrs. Lee from talking.

 

“You’ve turned out to be quite a lady, so tall. Much beautiful than your Mom here.”, Mrs. Lee complimented.

 

“Hey she wouldn’t look this way if it wasn’t for me. Right Honey?”, Mrs. Jung said while rubbing Krystal’s cheek. Now it’s her turn to get embarrassed. So Aiden interrupted by coughing again and saying, “Auntie, it’s getting late I think we should all get home already. We still have school tomorrow.”

 

They said their goodbyes and went to their individual vehicles.

 

“Bye Aunt Andi... bye Aiden.”, Krystal spoke leaving Aiden with a small smile on his face.

 

 

Friday |June 17, 2011| 4:30 PM

 

Classes we’re dismissed earlier than usual because of the swimming try-outs. Aiden was with Jiyoung a few minutes after classes ended. He was carrying her gym-bag for her.

 

“Hey, Yoona-unnie wants us to have a meeting. You mind just leaving my bag at the locker for me?”, she asks Aiden nicely.

 

“You mean the girls’ locker? But won’t there be girls... changing inside?”, Aiden asked.

 

“Pleeease? There won’t be anyone there yet... It’s still too early. Try-outs aren’t until 5 PM.. Please, please, please?”, Jiyoung tried her best to convince Aiden showing him her best aegyo.

 

“Fine. [Sigh]”, Aiden gave up.

 

“Yey! I’ll just see you at the pool. Bye!”, Jiyoung said with glee then hugging Aiden making him giggle.

 

 

Once Aiden arrived at the girls’ locker room, being cautious of anyone’s presence, he unlocked Jiyoung’s locker using her key and pass code (their anniversary), then placed her bag inside.

 

Locker-Room-Dimensions_zps47a5d6a8.jpg

 

“You know this isn’t called the girls’ locker room for any other reason...”, someone spoke which startled Aiden.

 

“Sorry. I was just asked by my girlfriend to place her-”, Aiden was unable to continue when he saw the person who spoke.

 

“I... I didn’t think anyone would be here this early... I’m sorry.”, Aiden continued while bowing his head in apology.

 

Krystal spoke again just when Aiden was about to leave, “It’s fine... Just... Don’t do it again.”

 

Aiden sighed... “I won’t...”

 

There was a moment of silence before Aiden turned back his head around, waiting for her to look at him, before saying, “Hey... good luck.”

 

 

Friday |June 17, 2011| 4:45 PM

 

Fireflight - It’s You

 

Headmaster’s speech: (continued)

Now I know doing well in school is not always easy. There would be a lot of challenges that will make it hard for you to focus on your academics. Some might not have any advantages. With adults or friends in their lives that do not give you the support that you need. Or you have people that pressure you in things you know that aren’t right. I suggest you choose your peers and the people you place yourself with wisely. It’s not enough that you are comfortable with them; you have to have trust and a good support system that will lift you up whenever you are down.

 

The other students wanting to join the try-outs were already arriving to change into their swimsuits. Krystal was already done and was just sitting in the corner already dressed, just listening to her iPod. She got a text from Tiffany telling her to wait for them in the locker room after they were done with their meeting. Krystal was fine with it. It gave her time to relax and concentrate for the try-outs.

 

Krystal’s outfit:

 

 13287-9373-T1_zps700df365.jpg 4sck_zpsa8aadeba.jpg 22597-2T_zps785521d1.jpg 4bk_zpsd2278a6a.jpg kryshavs_zps071be909.jpg

 

Krystal was aware about the other girls gossiping and whispering about her. But she didn’t care. She just kept her eyes closed while listening to some music. Growing up in LA, she was used to people talking behind her back.

 

The moment Yoona, Tiffany, Seohyun, Gyuri, Jiyoung and Hyuna stepped inside the locker room, the girls stopped what they were doing and all eyes were on them.

 

“[Coughs] For those wanting to try-out for the swim team you are to gather near the pool area and double check your name on the attendance sheets placed on the table near the poolside. You better make sure your name is written there or else you won’t be able to participate. Clear?”, Tiffany said sternly with an eye-smile which kind of freaked out the girls with her cheerful look but serious voice.

 

“You know people would start to think you’re better as the team captain ‘cause you can scare the girls to get them to follow you.”, Yoona joked earning a slap from her friend.

 

“Krys stop! You can stay.”, Gyuri interrupted when she saw Krystal also getting ready to leave.

 

Krystal let the remaining non-UC girls leave before replying, “Won’t they think you guys are giving me special attention or something?”

 

“Non-sense Unnie. They won’t think that. Everyone in our school’s very nice and friendly.”, Seohyun calmly said earning unnoticeable snickers from Yoona, Tiffany, and Gyuri while giggles from Hyuna and Jiyoung.

 

“Oh, you’re such a saint Seo-unnie.”, Hyuna commented.

 

“Besides, they all ready know you’re our friend; so we can’t help but be biased. You’ll just have to shut them up with your skills in swimming.”, Yoona said proudly to which Krystal replied with a smile.

 

“You guys haven’t even seen me swim.”, Krystal said giggling.

 

“Well, Aiden and the guys keep bragging about you beating Minho-oppa! So we have a lot of faith in you Unnie!”, Jiyoung said.

 

“Thanks you guys... I honestly... appreciate your support.”, Krystal spoke with a lot of gratitude.

 

“Good.”, Tiffany said while placing her hand over Krystal’s shoulder.

 

“You guys ready to kick some ?!”, Yoona exclaimed.

 

“Yoongie!!”, Seohyun complained.

 

“I mean butts!”, Yoona playfully retorted with a big grin while putting her arm over Seohyun’s shoulder.

 

Neh Unnie!!” “Yeah!!”, the girls said in chorus.

 

 

Friday |June 17, 2011| 4:50 PM

 

Swimming try-outs were about to begin.

 

“Where are those girls?”, Prof. Green who was also the swimming coach said.

 

On the other side of the pool sitting on the bleachers were the rest of the UC squad.

 

------------------------------

UC Bleachers sitting position:

 

3rd  row: Kyuhyun, Siwon, Jonghyun, Taecyeon, Chansung

2nd row: Key, Nicole, Luna, Onew, Hara, Minho

front row: Nichkhun, Victoria, Sulli, Taemin, Aiden, Suzy, Henry

------------------------------

 

 

“I told you guys there would be a pop quiz in Calc. I have an inkling for surprise quizzes and tests.”, Jonghyun bragged knowing he got a high score in the quiz.

 

“Yah. You’re just too much of a nerd to feel it!”, Taecyeon teased.

 

“Am not!”, Jonghyun retorted.

 

“Am too.”, Taecyeon combated.

 

“You guys are such girls.”, Chansung commented.

 

“Yah!!”, Taecyeon and Jonghyun both complained.

 

“Shh!!”, Siwon interrupted.

 

“You did not just ‘Shh’ us.”, Taecyeon replied.

 

“Did he just-”, Jonghyun chimed.

 

“SHHH!!!”, it was now Chansung who spoke.

 

When Jonghyun and Taecyeon turned to where their friends were looking at, they were also speechless. The UC swimming “goddesses” were walking towards the pool holding their swimming acessories. With Yoona, Tiffany and Gyuri walking in a row followed by Krystal, Seohyun, Hyuna and Jiyoung; all of them had their hair tied in a ponytail.

 

Yoona, Tiffany, Seohyun and Gyuri’s outfits and accessories:

 

parka_zps57b17655.jpg1bcopy_zps8f00ac57.jpg1sc_zps7f2fb2e3.jpgkryshavs_zps071be909.jpg

 

 

Hyuna and Jiyoung’s outfits and accessories:

 

parka_zps57b17655.jpg1b_zps3c33cd9b.jpg2sc_zps96997297.jpgkryshavs_zps071be909.jpg

 

 

“Woah! The Unnies are so pretty!!”, Sulli exclaimed.

 

“Kryssie already looks like she’s part of the team.”, Taemin said proudly.

 

Instead of wearing their parkas, Yoona, Tiffany, Gyuri and Hyuna decided to just tie it on their waists, revealing their long, slender and silky arms. Jiyoung and Seohyun on the other hand opted to wear theirs. But they kept the zipper opened revealing their long, and milky legs instead. Krystal coincidentally had the same Nike swim-parka, the only difference was it didn’t have the academy’s emblem.

 

The UC “swimming goddesses” stole the attention of every person in the room especially the guys. 

 

“Correct me if I’m wrong, I know I’m the maknae among the seniors, but I really think.. in terms of I.Q. I’m definitely way more advanced than them.”, Kyuhyun said with as slightly evil smirk while pointing towards the people on his left who have their mouths wide open.

 

“I agree with you 100%.”, Nichkhun commented.

 

“Me too Appa.”, Suzy said feeling embarrassed for her male seniors.

 

“Me three.”, Aiden said noticing his brother spacing out.

 

“I think we all agree with Kyunnie on that.”, Victoria summed up.

 

 

Friday |June 17, 2011| 5:30 PM

 

Goo Goo Dolls - Better Days

 

Now was time for the freestyle division, the event everybody was anticipating for; the final try-out event.

 

Focus.

 

It’s now or never.

 

Krystal held a deep breath, carefully taking in the right amount of air.

 

BANG!!!

 

Headmaster’s speech: (continued)

So for today’s youth, I’d like to tell you that no matter where time takes you; big cities, rural towns, you’ll certainly come across small minded people who think they are better than you. Individuals who view material things or being pretty or popular automatically make you a valuable human being. I’d like to tell all of you that none of these things matter. If you happen to have strength of character and moral integrity; if you’re lucky enough to gain it, don’t ever sell yourself out.

 

Done.

 

That’s it.

 

The moment she surfaced for air, all that she can hear was loud screams of cheers, yells and chants all referring to her.

 

“A new record has been set!”, the announcer said.

 

Headmaster’s speech: (continued)

When you meet a person for the first time, don’t ever judge them by what they do or what their station in life is, because who knows that judgement you made can make or break them.

 

“Krystal Jung! 23.94 seconds!”, Coach Green said still mesmerized by the data written in the timer she was holding in her palms.

 

Or just make them.

 

 

Saturday |June 18, 2011| 12:30 AM-> back to bedroom

 

Athelete - Street Map

I would like someone to make a map
Mark my home and draw some lines that match
All of the reasons why
It can be like you said

 

Headmaster’s speech: (continued)

But you’re all young. What could happen, right?

 

Being young, you think nothing can hurt you. You feel invincible. Everything’s laid out in front of you, and you have these big plans. Plans in finding your soul mate; the one that completes you. But as you grow older you realize the difficulty. It’s not until the end you realize how the plans you made were just plans. In the end, when you look back instead looking ahead, you want to believe that you made the most of what life gave you and that you’re leaving something great behind.

 

You wish it all have mattered.

 

So with that, I am now ending our first school assembly. Good day to everyone! And good luck in choosing your paths towards greatness.

 

[END of the Headmaster’s speech]

 

Aiden and Krystal continued to ponder about the things that happened in the past three days. The things they’ve done and their interactions with one another.

 

The Fray - All at Once

 

FLASHBACK:

At the mall...

 

Aiden noticed the amount of bags (5) Krystal was holding. But instead of asking her permission to carry them, he just took them out of her hands as he was following behind her.

 

They arrived at the baggage counter area.

 

“B-baggage counter?”, Aiden spoke.

 

Krystal heard him but just preferred to ignore him.

 

“Thanks.”, Krystal said after claiming her other shopping items consisting of 5 more bags.

 

Aiden took the other bags just when Krystal was about to grab them herself.

 

“C-come on. Aunt G and my Mom’s already waiting for us.”, Aiden just said without looking at her ready to go back.

 

Their positions are now switched; Aiden was now the one leading.

 

“Thanks.”

 

“W-what?”, Aiden clarified if he heard it correctly.

 

“I said... Thanks...”, Krystal spoke again.

 

“O-oh... Uh, i-it’s nothing.. r-really...”, Aiden replied modestly.

 

But then he heard a giggle coming from her.

 

“Why do you keep stuttering?”, Krystal asked with a smile though Aiden can’t see it ‘cause he was too busy focusing in going the right way. With Krystal with him, it wasn’t an easy task to focus on anything else other than her.

 

“I-I stutter when I’m nervous.”, Aiden said honestly.

 

“You’re nervous?”, Krystal was curious.

 

“I.. don’t know exactly..”, he replied again with all honesty.

 

“Hmm. You don’t have to be if you are.”, Krystal assured him, though she kind of found it flattering he was like that around her.

 

Aiden didn’t know what to say but Krystal spoke again saying, “Relax... You’ve got the whole world ahead of you. Just embrace it and be confident... You came from a nice family, you’re smart, good in playing football, and you sing and play the piano well...”

 

But Aiden interrupted her from continuing, “I-I still don’t know what I want to be...”

 

“... It’s okay... You’re still young... Heck... Even I still don’t know what or who I want to be... It’s not that easy... But... I know it’ll come to me... Somehow...”, Krystal replied. They were now walking side by side.

 

“If you ask me... I don’t see you as anything but a musician... or like a music producer like your Dad... But that’s just me...”, Krystal said as she took a few of the bags Aiden was carrying.

 

Aiden just smiled at her, while Krystal pretended not to notice it and just kept on walking towards the mall’s exit.

 

[END OF FLASHBACK]

 

 

They don’t know what will happen in the future; if they’ll ever be friends or just plain acquaintances. But after remembering all that happened, they remain on their beds, smiling.

 

One day it's gonna happen
I don’t know when
I'll be on your street
But I know one day it's gonna happen
You're gonna be swept off your feet

One day It's gonna happen
I don't know when
I'll be on your street
But I know one day it's gonna happen
You're gonna be swept of your feet

I don’t know when
I don’t know why
I don’t know when
I don’t know why

 

With that, both of them drifted off to sleep peacefully; not aware that those actions done earlier that week triggered something about their decisions in the future.

 

 

FASTFORWARD:

 

Friday |June 22, 2011| 12:00 AM-> club period

 

Krystal was singing and playing piano.

 

“Good job Ms. Jung!”

 

“Congrats Krystal. You did it!”

 

Everybody was beyond amazed for her talents; in athletics and in music.

 

Deep down she knew it was all because of a certain someone. The person who gave her the push she needed; the encouragement she needed.

 

The heart and soul she needed.

 

She turns towards him and  gives him a smile.

 

One day it's gonna happen
I don’t know when
I'll be on your street
But I know one day it's gonna happen
You're gonna be swept off your feet

But all that I know, it's gonna happen
I don't know when
I'll be on your street
But I know, it's gonna happen
You're gonna be swept of your feet

 

No matter what relationship they’re in, if ever they become friends or if they already are, one day it’s going to happen. They affect every decision made by the other. Not knowing they’re already playing a big part each other’s life.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

So that's chapter 5. Hope I didn't disappoint. 

Just tell me what you guys think about it. Ayt? :D Thanks!