Chapter 4 (Part 2 of 2): The Secret’s In The Telling

Time and Confusion

CHAPTER 4 (Part 2 of 2)

The Secret’s In The Telling

(Song by Dashboard Confessional)

 

Monday |June 13, 2011| 7:00 PM

 

Intro music: Howie Day - Collide

 

There are two different scenes occurring at the same time; both depicting the same image of a happy family. One family is composed of a young teenage boy and her older sister fooling around with each other in the kitchen along with their mother can be seen. This family was cooking dinner in preparation for their father who was arriving anytime soon. On the other hand, the second family composed of two sons and their parents were having fun playing bowling in their basement.

 

Anais Nin said that families were created with all their imperfections. From someone observing the two scenes, that someone would argue that those scenes were nothing but perfect; having a definition of happiness. But for Anais, families are far from perfect because they humanize you. She said that they are made to make you forget yourself occasionally so that the beautiful balance of life is not destroyed.

 

Take note of what she said, ‘make you forget yourself occasionally’. Can you guess what it means? Try going back a few hours earlier, precisely 4 hours and 30 minutes earlier, before these scenes even existed, and you’ll get what she meant.

 

 

Monday |June 13, 2011| 6:00 AM

 

Sugarcult - Stuck In America

 

“BEEP BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEP- ”

 

Aiden turned off his alarm, and started to stretch in bed. “Augh... Mmmh... [Sigh] Time for school.”

 

He remained in bed for 3 minutes just staring at the ceiling, thinking about nothing. Then he remembered the things he did last night with his family. Although they just hung around and watched some comedy flick, it was what he needed at the moment to take his mind off of things- to take his mind off of Krystal. And thinking about this made him smile.

 

After getting up and fixing his bed, he went straight to the kitchen [they only eat at their dining room during special occasions] to have some breakfast.

 

“Morning mom. Morning dad.”, Aiden greeted both of his parents before finding his own seat.

 

“Hey, where’s Jong?”, he asked them when he noticed his brother wasn’t around.

 

“You’re brother said that he had to go to school early for some meeting.”, replied Mr. Lee while reading his morning newspaper.

 

“I think it has something to do with the student council.”, added Mrs. Lee.

 

They were all eating in silence for a few minutes before Aiden spoke, “Hey mom, hey dad... This is just a question okay and doesn’t have to do anything at all with me...”

 

After his parents gave him a nod, he continued, “Uhm have you guys ever liked someone who wasn’t right for you at all?”

 

Mr. Lee placed down the newspaper and thought for a few seconds before responding, “What do you mean by not being right?”

 

“Like, uh, like, you guys aren’t exactly fit to be together... Uhm, like Romeo and Juliet? You know, those type of stuff where there’s always something getting in the way.”, Aiden tried to explain what he meant without giving anything further away.

 

“Can you be more specific son?”, asked Mr. Lee.

 

Aiden pondered for a while, “Uhm... I don’t know exactly... Maybe like, the is big, or the other one lives some place far, or conflicts with friends and family?...  I was just wondering that’s all...”

 

“Hmm, for the . You should remember that age doesn’t matter when it comes to love son. Look at me and your mom, I’m older than her by 5 years. For the long distance thing, well, if you really love each other, it won’t matter as long as you love and trust each other. Again, look at me and your mom, I may not get to see her as often as I want to, but I trust her and she trusts me. Then, as for the conflicts with family, as long as you guys are doing nothing wrong, and you’re not hurting anyone, I don’t think your family and friends won’t be a problem.”, Mr. Lee elaborated, but not without looking at his wife lovingly every time he speaks about their marriage.

 

Before Aiden had a chance to reply, Mrs. Lee spoke up first, “Wait, hon, aren’t you dating someone? Jiyoung, right?”

 

“Just dating honey.”, intercepted Mr. Lee.

 

“Uhm, yeah... But we’re still not together. She still hasn’t said yes... Though it’s already been a year”, explained Aiden despite the fact that he wasn’t really talking about Jiyoung.

 

“So... are you by some chance, having some doubts?... About how you feel about her?”, asked Mrs. Lee cautious of what she’s saying.

 

“Uhm... I guess you could say that.”, said Aiden.

 

“Well, you say you’ve been dating her for a year now, so I think it’s normal to have doubts in your relationship. Especially if you say you guys are still not official... Hmm, I say you should analyze what you’re feeling first. If turns out that you do have feelings for her, then just continue courting her until she says yes, no matter how long it would take. If you do love her, the wait will all be worth it [smiles at his wife]. But if it turns out that you just want to be friends with her, then you should just talk to her about it so at least you guys can still find a way to at least remain friends.”, answered Mr. Lee.

 

“Uhm, all right... Thanks dad.”, Aiden said.

 

Although his dad’s advice wasn’t exactly pertaining to what he was dealing with, he thought about it and there was actually something useful from what his dad had said, ‘analyze what you’re feeling first...’

 

Aiden went back to his room after eating breakfast, went straight to take a bath, and then got prepared for school.

 

“I hope we won’t have any lessons yet.”, Aiden said to himself while placing his things inside his backpack. [Most teachers and professors don’t start teaching lessons on the first day of classes.  Aside from the introductions, they just hand the students their class syllabus and shortly brief the students about the class and its requirements.] Aiden went to the mirror to fix his hair and check his uniform. But before going out of his room and proceeding to leave; he stared at himself for first for about 10-15 seconds then gave out a sigh.

 

Aiden’s school attire:

 

 

School uniform for men, Tommy Hilfiger belt, brown Vans Leather Alomar shoes, Quiksilver Raglan backpack, and Tommy Hilfiger watch

 

 

Monday |June 13, 2011| 6:40 AM

 

A knock on the door can be heard followed by someone calling the other person inside the room, “Kryssie, are you ready? We better get going, ‘cause I don’t wanna be late.”, said Taemin.

 

“Yeah, I’m done.”, answered Krystal.

 

Krystal took one last glance in the mirror before going outside.

 

Krystal’s school attire:

 

School uniform for women and Hermes Jypsiere bag

 

This is it Krys, first day at your new school.

 

------------------------------

ACADEMIC POLICIES ON UNIFORMS:

 

Requirements:

FOR BOYS (everyday use):

- School’s traditional blue blazer

- School’s white polo shirt: should always be tucked in, worn neatly and ironed out properly

- School’s grey necktie: should always be worn

- Brown pants: should always be worn with a belt; length does not touch the ground (just little below the ankle is enough), pants should not be too tight or too loose

- Appropriate shoes (with socks): athletic shoes, loafers, top-siders, oxfords, dress shoes, and boots - all laces tied

  

 

 

-P.E. Uniform (gym clothes): Proper shoes (with socks), school’s gym t-shirt paired with school’s gym shorts.

 

FOR GIRLS (everyday use):

- School’s white polo shirt: should always be tucked in, worn neatly and ironed out properly

- School’s traditional blue ribbon: should always be worn

- School skirt: cut should not exceed the mid-thigh (halfway between the top of inseam and the top of the knee)

- Appropriate shoes: athletic shoes, loafers, top-siders, oxfords, dress shoes, and boots - all laces tied

- School’s blue knee-high socks

- P.E. Uniform (gym clothes): Proper shoes (with socks), school’s gym t-shirt paired with school’s gym shorts.

 

 

 

PROHIBITED CLOTHING:

blue jean fabrics (or look alike fabric), camouflage clothing, off the shoulder tops, overalls combat-style boots, hats, bandanas, visible underwear, offensive (i.e. drug, alcohol, or ual references/innuendoes), torn or cut clothing; visible body/facial piercing (lips, tongues, noses, boy's earrings) or visible tattoos.

 

------------------------------

 

 

About the same time Krystal and Taemin we’re just about to leave their house, roars of succeeding luxury cars can be heard already arriving in school.

 

The All-American Rejects – Swing Swing

 

The first car to arrive was a brand new dark silver Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG (Taecyeon and Yoona), followed by a Maserati black Granturismo (Chansung and Tiffany), orange Mclaren MP4 12C (Siwon and Sulli), maroon Audi A7 (Nichkhun and Victoria), red orange Porsche Panamera (Gyuri and Jiyoung), silver green Aston Martin (Kyuhyun and Seohyun), and lastly a Blue SSC Ultimate Aero (Jonghyun).

 

 

These cars were driven by the most elite students of the school in which they also represent the student council. Although they were one of the first few students to arrive early in school, those who were already there were just in awe of their arrival and can only gasped when the persons inside the cars step out.

 

“Kyaa! It’s them.” [junior1]

 

“Who are they?” [freshman1]

 

“Yeah, who are they?” [freshman2]

 

“They’re-” [senior1]

 

“Oh my god! It’s Yoona!!” [senior2]

 

“As I was saying... they’re-” [senior1]

 

“Holy- It’s the KhunToria and KyuSeo couples!” [sophomore1]

 

“It’s the older dino! Jonghyun!!” [sophomore2]

 

“It’s the Kang sisters!” [Faints] [junior2]

 

“Haai... The Choi siblings are sooo adorable!!” [junior3]

 

“Well, who are they?” [freshman1]

 

“They’re-” [senior1]

 

“Oh my future husband’s here! Chansung!!” [senior3]

 

“Tiff-” [junior4]

 

“WILL YOU GUYS SHUT UP FOR JUST A FEW SECONDS!!! YAH! YOU GUYS ARE SUCH FANGIRLS AND FANBOYS!” [senior1]

 

“...” [the rest]

 

[Coughs] “As I was saying they’re-”

 

“Here.” [Gulps] [junior4]

 

“Good morning.”, Taecyeon greets with a smile and a wave to the students gathered in the SU building [for the student council meeting] lobby. He made eye contact with the first senior (senior1) for an instant.

 

“Taec...” [faints] [senior1]

 

“The Upper Crust.” [the rest chorused]

 

 

Monday |June 13, 2011| 6:50 AM

 

While the SM Academy’s student council members were in a meeting, two sophomores were starting to get bored because of their early arrival in school.

 

Sulli and Jiyoung were just hanging out in the SU lobby.

 

SU building lobby

 

[Surprisingly, though most buildings in SM Academy were classical and antique looking from the outside, most of the buildings have been already renovated to accommodate more students and to make the feel of the place up to date with today’s generation. An example of the renovated buildings is the Student Union’s building.]

 

“Waah! Sulli why did I even let you convince me to come on school early. We should’ve just gotten a ride with the others. It’s too early!”, complained Jiyoung to her friend.

 

“Well, I was excited. It’s the first day of classes!”, combated Sulli but with a smile.

 

“If I know, you were just excited to see Taemin.”, teased Jiyoung.

 

This worked and made Sulli blush, “Yah! We were just together at Taec oppa’s party, so why would I get excited over seeing him again.”

 

“As if! I know you Choi Sulli! I’m sure you’ve been wanting to see him again and I bet you’ve even counted the number of hours since you’ve last seen him.”

 

“Yah!! I’m not like that you know!”, defended Sulli while giving Jiyoung a push.

 

“Ouch!”, reacted Jiyoung.

 

“Sorry. [laughs] But it’s your fault!” Sulli said then sticking her tongue out.

 

“So... How are you and Aiden?”, Sulli added thinking that it’s her turn to friend.

 

[Sigh] “I really missed him. I didn’t talk to him that much during summer because Unnie and I were always out. And if I’m not busy, he would be. So we just had like 4 video calls for the whole summer.”

 

“Aww... I’m sorry... Wait, didn’t he come see you when you guys arrived?”, wondered Sulli.

 

“Well, I texted him to let him know we were already here. But I didn’t get a reply.”, Jiyoung sadly said.

 

Sulli slapped her forehead and whispered to herself, “Man, Hyung’s in a lot of trouble.”

 

[Sulli calls Henry and Aiden ‘hyung’ because they met when they were still young. Back then Sulli thought that hyung was a general term for older brothers because her cousin Minho would always call Siwon that. Since then, even if she got corrected, she would still call Aiden and Henry her Hyungs. But the funny thing was, though she also met Taemin at the same time, she never called Taemin hyung. She just called him by his name.]

 

“Still though, I should’ve at least gotten a text from him... Hmpf. He didn’t even text me this morning.”, Jiyoung who was now sulking said.

 

[Sigh] “Gosh Hyung, Jiyoung’s going to kill you.”, Sulli said to herself.

 

“ Geo ura (geoura geoura geoura geoura). Nae geo ura (geoura geoura geoura geoura)...”

 

“Hello.”, Sulli answered her phone with a smile.

 

“Is that Hyuna?”, asked Jiyoung knowing Sulli’s special ringtone for their friend.

 

Sulli just nodded and continued to talk to their friend.

 

Phone conversation:

“Hey Ssul! Are you guys already in school?” [Hyuna]

 

“Yeah. But it’s just me and Jiyoung. Are you here already?” [Sulli]

 

“Yup. Where are you guys?” [Hyuna]

 

“Here in the SU lobby, at our usual place.” [Sulli]

 

“Alright. Be there in a few. Muaahh!!” [Hyuna]

 

“Hahaha. Okay. Muah!” [Sulli]

 

 

After Sulli hung up the phone, Jiyoung asked her something right away, “Do you have special ringtones for all of us?”

 

“Yeah. Yours is Mister by Kara.”, Sulli replied.

 

Just when Jiyoung is about to comment, “Jiji! Ssul! I missed you guys!!”, came from Hyuna running towards them.

 

Both Jiyoung and Sulli stood up to hug their friend. Hyuna hugged them both tightly for she wasn’t in for almost half of the summer because their family stayed in their house in Paris, France for the summer.

 

“Gosh, we were just together the other day!”, Jiyoung said. [Jiyoung and her sister were also stayed in Paris for the summer to visit and stay with their grandmother (mother’s side). But they had an earlier flight schedule back to Korea.]

 

“So? What? I’m not allowed to miss my friends anymore?”, Hyuna said after releasing her two friends from her embrace.

 

Jiyoung and Sulli just laughed at her comment. They stayed in the lobby until the warning bell [15 minutes before class] rang. After which, they went to their respective classrooms, but Sulli had a different room because she had a different section.

 

------------------------------

CLASS SECTIONS (SY 2011-2012)

 

*9A: (no UC assigned in this class)

*9B: (no UC assigned in this class)

*9C: (no UC assigned in this class)

*9D:  (no UC assigned in this class)

 

10A: Aiden, Suzy and Sulli

*10B: (no UC assigned in this class)

10C: Taemin, Henry, Jiyoung and Hyuna

*10D: (no UC assigned in this class)

 

11A: Onew and Luna

11B: Key and Nicole

11C: Minho and Hara

*11D: (no UC assigned in this class)

 

12A: Siwon, Chansung, Gyuri and Yoona

12B: Taecyeon, Jonghyun, Nickhun, Victoria, Tiffany and Krystal

12C: Kyuhyun and Seohyun

*12D: (no UC assigned in this class)

 

*NOTE: Class sections were not arranged according to the academic standing. Sections in SM Academy get randomized every year to familiarize    students with their batch and school mates.

            Some classes are held in lecture halls or are in large classes (most are humanities classes) so students from different sections still get a chance to have the same classes.

            Because of the Academy’s exclusivity, only a certain number of students are assigned per class (no more than 30 students per section)

------------------------------

 

Monday |June 13, 2011|7:05 AM

 

Blink 182 – All The Small Things

 

As Sulli, Jiyoung and Hyuna were heading to their respective classrooms, Aiden was just about to turn to the corner going straight to the school gates.

 

“BEEP BEEP.”, came from Henry’s motorcycle that he positioned next to Aiden.

 

Aiden and Henry’s rides:

 

Aiden’s 2011 Ducati Multistrada 1200S-Sport

 

Henry’s KTM Super Duke 990

 

As both of them slowed down, about to enter the school gates, honks from three different cars were heard. Both of them looked back and saw their Hyungs and Noonas.

 

                                                      Minho’s Ascari-A10-480                        Nicole’s Red Lamborghini Murcielago

Onew’s Bentley Continental Flying Spur

 

“Hey, it’s Onew and Minho hyung, and Nicole noona.”, said Henry.

 

“Yeah. They’re with Hara (with Minho) and Luna noona and Suzy (with Onew).”, added Aiden.

 

 

The second batch of roars did not remain unnoticed by the students already in their class rooms. All of the students were peering in their respective classroom windows, watching those elites that just arrived going out of their vehicles and walking towards the main building.

 

“Yes! They finally arrived!!”[junior1]

 

“It’s Suzy!! Oh my!” [sophomore1]

 

“The LuNew  and MinRa couples are coming this way!!” [junior2]

 

“Damn. It’s the hot football captain Nicole!” [junior 3] Whistles and hoots from the male Juniors can be heard. Key just rolled his eyes towards them, not really interested over their craze towards his friends.

 

[Gasp] “Kyaa!! It’s our Chi-Am (Chinese-American) cuties, Aiden and Henry!!!” [sophomore2,3,4]

 

“Where’s Taemin?!” [sophomore5]

 

Their loud screams were actually heard by Henry and Aiden walking towards the door of the building which caused them to look at the source of the noises up the windows. Their short glance made the three sophomore girls faint.

 

All the while their classmates were fanning over their friends, Jiyoung and Hyuna just remained in their seats and laughed at their classmates’ reactions. Sulli on the other hand was worried because her boyfriend’s nowhere to be found.

 

 

Monday |June 13, 2011|7:15 AM

 

Aiden, Henry, and Suzy arrived in their classroom five minutes before the class started. Aiden sat in front of Sulli who was seated in the second window seat. Suzy sat beside Aiden, while Henry sat beside Sulli. Sulli greeted them with a smile and said, “Morning!”

 

 

Aiden, Henry and Suzy did the same but not as enthusiastic as Sulli.

 

The minute Aiden sat in his seat, Sulli gave him a slap at the back of his head.

 

“Ack. Hey! What was that for?!”, complained Aiden while rubbing his head.

 

Sulli ignored his protest and wanted to find out why Taemin was late or if was late or where he was. “Where’s Tae Tae? Why isn’t he with you? Is he late?”

 

“Gaah. One question at a time, all right? I just got here.”, Aiden complained again.

 

“Sorry... Hmm. Well, where is he?”, asked Sulli more nicely this time.

 

“I don’t know.”, Aiden answered right away which earned him another smack at the back of his head.

 

“Hey! Watch it will you. My head’s really sensitive.”, protested Aiden.

 

“Why don’t you just text him Sulli.”, joined in Suzy.

 

“I already did. But he’s not replying.”, replied Sulli with a pout.

 

“Well, try to call him then.”, added Henry.

 

Their homeroom teacher just walked inside just when Sulli was about to call Taemin.

 

[Sigh] “Man... Just my luck...”, said Sulli.

 

Aiden, Henry and Suzy, laughed at Sulli’s bad timing, but only Aiden got a smack at the back of his head. Since their teacher was already there Aiden just glared back at Sulli, and she replied by sticking her tongue at him.

 

[Since St. Martin’s Academy is an International prep school, most subjects are taught in English. Exempted from these were: Foreign Language classes and the Social Science class of Korean History and the Humanities class of Modern Korea.]

 

“Good morning everyone, my name is Ms. Han Ga-In [writes it on the board]. Oh, wait. Sorry [erases her last name]. I’m Mrs. Yun Ga-In [writes it again] and I’ll be your class adviser for the whole school year.”, she said with a smile.

 

 

She giggled and spoke again, “I’m sorry about the correction. You see, I am now somebody’s wife. I just got married this summer.”

 

The class clapped, cheered and congratulated her.

 

“Thanks class. Hmm, you guys might know my husband, he also works here and teaches 12th grade Math (Calculus). So I’m sure you’ve seen him around.”, she told the class.

 

“Ah’s” and “Oh’s” can be heard from the class.

 

“So... [smiles] Shall we begin by introducing ourselves? Let’s do this one by one, all right? I’ll start first. I’m Jun Ga-In, I used to be called Han Ga-In. I prefer my new name better. [students laughed] I teach 10th grade Geometry and I’m one of the heads of the drama club. I like, no erase that, I love spending time with my husband, it completes my day [“Aww’s” can be heard from the class]. Last, I prefer my students to approach me if ever you need help in my class or in any aspect of your life, just not money [students laughed again], though I don’t think that’ll ever be an issue for you guys, you can come to me anytime and I’ll do my best to help you with whatever you need help with.”, Mrs. Yun elaborated.

 

“Hmm, so let’s start at the back. Just state your name, say something that we may not know about you [though most of the class already know each other; they especially know details about the UC members], your favourite and least favourite subject, what you want to be when you grow up, your hobbies, likes and dislikes, and your motto in life. Is that fine with you guys? [whole class agrees] Kind of slam-bookish I know but, this way I can get to know you guys better, all right? So let’s start with you... What’s your name? [smiles]”, Mrs. Yun started.

 

As the students were introducing themselves one by one, all their anticipation were going towards Aiden, Suzy, Sulli and Henry’s introductions.

 

Henry was the first one to introduce himself among the UC. “Ssup classmates, Mrs. Jun. [smiles and  gives them a salute (with his index and middle fingers)]. I’m Henry Lau. I love collecting caps. My favourite subject is P.E. [class laughs]. What? ‘Cause I love sports [scratches his head]. My least favourite subject is Math. Uh, sorry Mam [scratches his head and looks at Mrs. Jun].  Hmm, when I grow up, I wanna be a professional basketball player- slash- businessman. I love hanging out with my friends, listening to hip hop and playing basketball. I like [looks to Suzy] pulling pranks on my friends? [class laughs again] and I don’t like hanging out with people I don’t know. My motto in life is ‘When life gives you lemons, don’t just make lemonades, but upgrade it to a lemon flavoured shake and use the rind for making lemon pie.’”

 

“Okay, I see we have ourselves a prankster. Hmm, I like that, I like your quote it’s hip but very deep [class laughs]. Hey, I’m serious you guys. [giggles] Thanks for that Henry.  Next one please.”, Mrs. Yun continued.

 

Anneyeong! I’m Choi Sulli. [smiles cutely] Uhm, most people would often mistake me as a year or two years younger than my actual age. My favourite subject is Biology, and my least favourite is History. I want to make others happy when I grow up. I guess I could do that if I help my Dad run our business. I play football. I also like playing basketball, but only with my brother. I like sweets and stuffed toys and being with my friends and family. I don’t like it when I’m under pressure, I cry easily [“Aw’s” can be heard from the class]. The best saying for me is ’’Do not look back and live in the past for it is long gone, and do not be worried about the future for it has not comes yet. Instead live in the present and make it so beautiful it’ll be worth remembering.”

 

The next ones from the UC were Suzy and Aiden who were seated at the row in front of Sulli and Henry.

 

Suzy was the first one to speak. “Hi everyone. My name’s Suzy Park and I’m a Virgo. My favourite subject is Science, specifically Chemistry, while my least favourite subject is Math. Sorry Mam. [looks to Mrs. Jun apologetically] I want to be able to give something to the public when I grow up and I think can do that by being a Chemist by inventing new products. I love playing football, listening to music and hanging out with friends. I like watching sports, especially football and basketball, while I dislike very girly stuff. I guess my motto in life is ‘Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact’.”

 

“All right, now we know something about Suzy. Thank you [looks and smiles at Suzy]. Let’s move on to the next one. What’s your name young man?”, Mrs. Yun said.

 

Everyone was in anticipation for the last UC member to introduce themselves, especially Aiden because he rarely speaks to his classmates unless spoken to. So the class was excited to hear his voice.

 

Aiden stood up from his seat, “Uh, hey guys. I’m Aiden James Lee. You guys can call me Aiden. I’m just turning 15 this September. My favourite subject is Math, while my least favourite is Science. Uhm, to be honest I’m still not sure of what I want to be when I grow up. I love listening to music, jamming and hanging out with my friends and family, and playing sports, especially football. I like people who are genuine and very true to themselves. I don’t like it when people compare me to my older brothers, though I know it can’t be helped. My dad always tells us that there’s always room for improvement and that we always need to step up. He says that “Stepping up is a simple concept. It basically means to rise above yourself and do a little more to show you have something special to offer.”

 

 “Wow, now that’s my kind of student, a Math-lover [class laughs]. So I’m guessing Aiden’s possibly the maknae in this class? [students nod] Hmm, your father is a very wise man... [smiles and nods at Aiden] All right, thanks for that Aiden. Next one please.”, Mrs. Yun said continuing with the class introductions.

 

The class continued with their introductions until the end of the period.

 

But before the class section of 10A started their introductions, about the same time Mrs. Yun entered the class, Krystal had just found hers thru the help of Taemin [good thing he was able to come in class before his teacher arrived].

 

The students gasped when they saw Krystal entering the classroom. To say they were shocked was an understatement. She wasn’t the just the new kid and a transferee for that matter (which only happens in a blue moon at the Academy), but someone who was likely to excel in academics, arts and music, and sports to be able to transfer schools and at their senior year. Aside from that her beauty was a really good bonus. The students started whispering as Krystal took the vacant seat at the last row (10th row) farthest seat from the window.

 

3rd row: Victoria, Tiffany and Sophomore1

4th row: Nichkhun, Taecyeon and Jonghyun

 

Jonghyun’s reaction were nothing but stunned, shocked and surprised, with his eyes opened wide and his jaw hanging from his face when he saw her walk thru the door. Taecyeon saw this and closed his mouth, “Dude, can you be more obvious?”

 

“I-Uhm, I- I know her...”, answered Jonghyun. Tiffany, Victoria and Nichkhun heard this and it got their attention.

 

“You know her?”, asked Tiffany, very curious.

 

“Yeah...”, Jonghyun gave a short reply, still distracted by the fact that Krystal was there, and they’re going to be classmates for the rest of the year.

 

“How do you know her?”, joined in Victoria.

 

“She and I-”, just when Jonghyun was about to reply, the teacher walked in creating some among the friends.

 

A few seconds after their teacher walked in, Jonghyun glanced back at Krystal who was in the same column (3rd column) as him. Krystal saw him looking at her because she was already facing in front due to their teacher.

 

Jonghyun? He studies here?

 

She was stunned but none the less didn’t make it obvious.

 

After the class settled down, their teacher introduced himself, “Good morning 12th graders or should I say seniors. [smiles] I’m Professor Yun Jung Hoon and I’ll be your class adviser for the whole school year, so better get used to this handsome face [he gave the class his charming dimpled smile] [the class laughed but the girls were mostly giggling and blushing]. I’ll also be teaching you guys your 12th grade Math which is EVERY [really made an emphasis] student’s favourite I must say, Calculus. [the class laughed again at his sarcastic remark]. So shall we begin by introducing ourselves? [“Aw’s” can be heard for the students don’t want to do the introductions ‘cause they’ve known each other since the 9th grade] Come on now, don’t be like that. I wanna get to know you guys better. Besides [looks at his class list] I think you guys have new classmate [smiles at Krystal; the class also looks at her] [Krystal only concentrates her attention on Prof. Yun and doesn’t look at anyone else ‘cause she’s nervous]. So since the both of us don’t know much about you guys yet, please introduce yourselves individually, and tell us something about yourself.”, spoke Prof. Yun.

 

 

“I’ll go first, since, well, since I’m the teacher [does a cute raised eyebrow expression, then brushes the invincible dust off his left shoulder] [students laughed] I’m Prof. Yun Jung Hoon. You guys can just call me Jung Hoon. You know like ‘Yo Jung Hoon, help me on this Math problem will ya’. [class laughs] Just kidding. [smiles] though its fine with me, my fellow teachers might look at you guys weirdly for calling me by just my first name. [class laughs again] Hmm, what else... Oh, I just got married this summer. [“Aww’s” can be heard from the class] [Khuntoria looked at each other with a smile] You guys know her as your 10th grade Math teacher, Ms. Han Ga-In, or should I say Mrs. Han Ga-In. [he blushed a bit and brought up his right hand to hold the back of his neck while his left hand remained inside his pants pocket] [“Aww’s” can be heard again]

 

“Nice one Sir!”, commented Taecyeon.

 

Prof. Yun smiled widely and continued. “I know. I’m very lucky to have her... Hmm, so that’s it. [smiles again] You guys are just going to find out more about me as we go along the school year.”, Prof. Yun said, finishing his self-introduction.

 

Hmm. Our adviser is actually very cool. Considering he teaches what I consider a boring subject- Math. This school’s definitely wise on hiring teachers. I just hope the rest of my teachers are like him.

 

“So how about we start off your introductions by starting at the back. From our transferee student, Ms. Krystal Jung [looks at his class list]. Can you please stand up and introduce yourself.

 

Crap.

 

Krystal slowly stood up. From the rest it looked like a graceful action, but she was actually just really nervous at this point. “My name’s Krystal Jung [smiles but only at Prof. Yun]. I transferred from Havard-Westlake School in Los Angeles. Uhm, I’m a tri-athlete back in my school... The reason for my transfer is so I can be with my family because they’ve been residing here for about 5 years now... Uhm, that’s it.”

 

“Wow, doesn’t just have beauty and brains but is very athletic too. You’re quite the package Ms. Jung, am I right class? So, are there any questions for her?”, said Prof. Yun.

Taecyeon raised his hand, which caused Jonghyun to glare at him and step on his right foot. “Ack. Tss. [glares back at Jonghyun] Uhm, I have a question. Do you happen to know anyone here already?”

 

Krystal who was still standing up, thought for a moment, before nodding.

 

“Oh, that’s good. At least you already know someone. Would it be all right if you could name your friend?”, asked Prof. Yun.

 

Krystal nods again and spoke, “He’s Jonghyun, Jonghyun Lee. We we’re classmates back in L.A.” But all the while she was talking her attention was again only focused on Prof. Yun. She was too nervous to look at her classmates’ stares.

 

Taecyeon gave his wide smile and nudged Jonghyun with his elbow. Jonghyun glared at Taecyeon again, but now had his head down. “She said that we were classmates... Just classmates...”, Jonghyun said to himself.

 

“I see. Thank you Ms. Jung. So, since Mr. Lee’s name has already been brought up could you introduce yourself next?”, asked Prof. Yun

 

Jonghyun nodded and introduced himself. “I’m Jonghyun Lee and I’m co-captain of the school’s basketball team. I play the guitar, and I’m the lead guitar player for the band Hysteria. That’s it. [smiles]”

 

“Nice. Thanks Mr. Lee. Short and simple. Hmm. Now, since the order of your introductions have been already mixed, how about this, after one of you has introduced him or herself, that person can pick a classmate that he or she wants to know more about or maybe someone that you just want to hear speak. Clear?”, Prof. Yun suggested.

 

After the class agreed, Prof. Yun spoke again, “So since Mr. Lee’s the last one, he’ll decide who goes next.”

 

Jonghyun placed his left arm around Taecyeon’s shoulder and used his right hand to slap his left cheek hard, then said, “I pick my best friend, the dashing Taecyeon.”

 

The rest of the class found their interaction funny, even Prof. Yun and Krystal.

 

[Sigh] You still haven’t changed one bit Jong.

 

Taecyeon stood up right away and said, “Thank you for that oh-so-kind introduction Mr. Lee. I loved the way you slapped me first. Grrr... [makes a cat like movement using his right hand towards Jonghyun]

 

 

[the whole class laughed hysterically] Anyway, like what my good friend said, I’m Taecyeon, Taecyeon Ok to be exact. I’m the other co-captain of the basketball team and the drummer for the band Hysteria. I love hanging out and being with my friends... [smiles] So, that’s me.”

 

“Very nice introduction Mr. Ok. You really know how to entertain and make your classmates laugh. [smiles] [Taecyeon raised both of his hands side wards and gave a look that says ‘I know, I know’]”, Prof. Yun commented.

 

“So who’s up next Mr. Ok?”, ask Prof. Yun.

 

“The beautiful Ms. Hwang.”, Taecyeon said, pointing at the girl seated in front of him.

 

Tiffany stood up and introduced herself right away. “Hey guys, nice seeing all of you again. Prof. Yun and Krystal, my name’s Tiffany Hwang, most people call me Tiff or Fanny but you guys can call me either one of them. I’ve been a member of the drama club since I was a freshman and the school’s swim team. I’m the school’s PRO (Public Relations Officer) along with Taecyeon. Last but not the least, I’m very much in love right now. [this caused shrieks and yells from her classmates led by Taecyeon and Jonghyun] He’s name is Siwon Choi, also part of the school’s student council and varsity team and the current head of the school’s fitness club. Hmm... [makes a thinking pose] that pretty much sums me up. Oh, and, welcome to the school Krystal.”

 

Krystal returned the smile Tiffany gave her.Wow, this girl’s sure is something... Hmm, I think she’s one of Jong’s friends.

 

“[Coughs] Mmm, thanks Ms. Hwang for that friendly introduction. We really appreciate you sharing something about yourself, especially your love life. Hope everything works out well for the both of you like it did with me. [smiles at Tiffany]”, Prof. Yun commented.

 

“Now, for the next one.”, Prof. Yun spoke again. Tiffany just picked one of their classmates since she’s friends with all of them.

 

“Was that really necessary?”, Victoria whispered to Tiffany the moment she sat back down.

 

“What? You know me. I’m always friendly.”, Tiffany responded a bit confused.

 

“No, I meant you mentioning Siwon.”, Victoria clarified.

 

“[Giggles] Why? I don’t know... I just wanted to.”, Tiffany said looking innocent.

 

“Oh come on Hwang.”, Victoria said knowing her friend all too well. She stared at Tiffany with her eyes wanting to get the truth [kind of like the thing most moms do to get the truth from their children when they know they’re lying.].

 

Tiffany knew the look Victoria was giving her and she knows that if she didn’t tell her the truth she’d still get that look during lunch so she just gave in and told her the reason. “All right fine. I was just letting the new girl know that Siwon’s already taken.” Tiffany whispered.

 

“Knew it.”, Victoria said proudly.

 

‘’It’s not fair. We’re just on our first period and you already gave me your Umma truth stare.”, Tiffany complained to her friend while Victoria just smiled at stuck her tongue out at Tiffany.

 

Nichkhun was picked by their classmate to speak up next. “[Ehem] I’m Nichkhun Horvejkul. I’m captain of the school’s football team and I’m the treasurer for the school council. I’m the violinist for the band Hysteria. I love playing the violin during my free time and hanging out with my friends. One thing I also love is this pretty lady in front of me; the soon-to-be Mrs. Horvejkul, Victoria Song. [this caused way louder shrieks and yells from her classmates]” After saying that he sat back down immediately, a bit embarrassed about what he did.

 

“Yeeeah, that’s our boyyy.”, Taecyeon and Jonghyun said while praising Nichkhun and giving him high fives.

 

“Thank you for that Mr. Horvejkul. Now, what can you say about that Ms. Song? Kindly introduce yourself [the students were saying “Aww’s”]”, Prof. Yun said.

 

Victoria was really blushing and had both of her hands in her cheeks. She was silent for a while still shocked about Nichkhun’s revelation.

 

Okay. I see that Ms. Song is still a bit flustered. [the class laughed] Would you like it if one of your classmates went first?, Prof. Yun asked her.

 

Victoria just nodded her head sideways, released a few breaths to calm herself down, then spoke. “My name’s Victoria song. I’m half Chinese and half Korean. I’m captain of the school’s gymnastics team and the current head of the dance club. Uhm, what else... As you all heard... [gigles] Well, I’m already engaged to my long time friend, best friend, confidant, and my soul mate. And I couldn’t be any happier. I hope everyone here finds their own soul mates. Hmm... that’s it.”

 

Victoria sat back down then she hit Nichkhun’s lap for sort of embarrassing her, but in a good way. Nichkhun was so blushing on his seat with what Victoria had also revealed and was teased by his friends.

 

“Nice one Song.”, Tiffany commented.

 

The class introductions continued until their second period (Calculus) because Prof. Yun was still their teacher. After which, he just gave a brief description of the subject, the topics he’ll be discussing, the schedule of the exams, and the requirements needed to pass the subject. They finished 20 minutes before the bell rang so Prof. Yun let them have their free time.

 

“Thank you for introducing yourselves again. I’m looking forward in getting to know you guys better... So since we’ve finished earlier, I’m letting you guys have your free time. I trust that you guys are old enough to behave yourselves and not loiter around the school, okay? All right, goodbye class, see you guys around.”, Prof. Yun said with a smile then left the class alone.

 

The students went on with their own business talking to their friends, listening to music, playing with their phone or reading a book for those who prefer to be by themselves.

 

Krystal preferred the last one, so she took out the book she was currently into. As see was about to turn to the second page she was reading, she noticed someone standing on her right side. When she looked up, it was Jonghyun.

 

“Hey... [scratches the back of his head] Uhm, it’s really nice to see you again... How are you?”, Jonghyun said.

 

The student sitting in front of Krystal noticed that Jonghyun was trying to catch up with his ‘old friend’, so he stood up and vacated his seat. Jonghyun thanked his classmate and they exchanged seats for a while.

 

Jonghyun was expecting the worst from Krystal with the way things had ended between them, but surprisingly, Krystal was very calm and civil.

 

“I’m fine... Doing good actually.”, Krystal replied with a small smile.

 

Hmm, this is actually less awkward than I expected.

 

“That’s really good to know...”, Jonghyun said.

 

They shared about a few seconds of silence before both of them spoke at the same time.

 

“I’m-” [Jonghyun]| “So-” [Krystal]

 

“I’m sorry. You go first.”, Jonghyun apologized with a small smile.

 

“How’ve you been?”, Krystal asked.

 

“Doing good, also. Still the same.”, Jonghyun answered.

 

“I can see that. You didn’t change one bit.”, Krystal responded pertaining to what happened a while ago.

 

They both giggled and Jonghyun spoke up, “Is that a good thing or a bad thing?”

 

“Definitely good.”, Krystal answered with a smile.

 

After their little laugh subsided, Jonghyun spoke again, “Krys... I’m so sorry...” He really had the look of guilt and apology.

 

“I forgive you. Don’t worry about it. It’s in the past...”, Krystal explained.

 

“...”, Jonghyun remained quiet.

 

‘’You know, I’ve learned that you need to let go of the past... To be able to move on and carry on a life better than what you had before...”, she further elaborated.

 

“That’s true... Uh, thanks then... I’m glad we can both put the past behind us.”, Jonghyun replied with a smile. But deep down inside he was a bit sad hearing that Krystal had moved on.

 

“Uhm, to be honest, I was really surprised when I saw you here because Taemin mentioned that you were only here for a visit. Plus, you weren’t at the school tour yesterday.”, Jonghyun said to her.

 

“Well, it’s because I only told Taemin about it yesterday.”, Krystal replied.

 

“Yeah, and about the tour... I sort of forgot about it.”, Krystal giggled. This made Jonghyun smile.

 

“So, you want me to show you around? We can do it during our break.”, Jonghyun offered.

 

“No, its fine. Thanks for the offer. I actually had my own private tour, thanks to Taemin.”, explained Krystal.

 

“But, I don’t know where the rooms of my classes are. Since, Taemin only showed me the facilities and we didn’t exactly check the rooms inside the buildings.”, Krystal added.

 

“All right. That’s not a problem. I’ll just show you where the rest of the classes are held. We have the same classes anyway.”, Jonghyun said with a smile.

 

Jonghyun moved back to his seat when their next teacher arrived. The same went for the rest of their classes, the students introduced themselves to the teacher one by one and their teacher just gave an introduction about the subject, the topics discussed and requirements of the class.

 

 

Monday |June 13, 2011|11:20 AM

 

A floor below Krystal’s classroom was the floor for the tenth grade rooms, one of which is where Aiden’s class is located.  

 

All the students were now on their last class before lunch break. Aiden was bored and tired of all introductions going on in class. Since he was already done, his mind started wandering off. Unexpectedly, his misheard what his classmate had said. He thought that she said something about being a tri-athlete, but she was actually a track athlete.

 

The first thing he thought about was Krystal, with her being a tri-athlete.

 

He imagined Krystal wearing her uniform; track shorts (those fitted ones; like leggings) and a sleeveless blouse, running in the track field, going on to ride a bike, then swimming. He was picturing her removing her track uniform revealing her one piece backless swimsuit ready to dive in the pool. He was picturing himself watching her, waiting at the other end of the pool. When Krystal got out, she removed her swim cap, letting her gorgeous black hair fall down, and slowly started to approach him. She wrapped her arms around him, making Aiden wet from the water he accumulated from her, but he didn’t care. He leaned in as she was also leaning in so they could share a long passionate kiss. As their kissing went deeper, Krystal started removing Aiden’s clothes, kissing and on his neck.

 

As this was all happening in Aiden’s head, the warning bell rang interrupting him from his daydream.

 

Aiden was sent back down to reality when he heard the bell, but the problem is he was already aroused causing him to have a . It was a good thing that they were at the language lab (Mandarin), because his thing would have been really noticeable if they were seated in their arm chairs.

 

Language lab

 

The seating arrangement at the lab was alphabetically arranged, so Aiden and Henry were seating beside each other. Henry noticed Aiden was a bit fidgety.

 

“Hey man, are you ok?”, Henry whispered.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine. I- I- think-”, Aiden was about to say that he wasn’t feeling well as an excuse but the warning bell rang interrupting him from talking.

 

“Ok, that’s it for your Mandarin class. I’m letting you guys off early (15 minutes before the actual time), all right? Make sure you guys read in advance so it wouldn’t be as hard to understand when I discuss on Wednesday. Huí tóu jiàn (See you guys later).”

 

Zhao Wei (10th grade Foreign Language Professor)

 

As his classmates, were just about to stand up, Aiden was already by the door and carrying his bag in front of him. He went straight to the rest room to figure out his current situation.

 

“Hey, Hyung where’s Aiden going?”, Sulli asked Henry.

 

“I don’t know, I think he’s not feeling well.”, Henry answered.

 

“Let’s go you guys. I’m hungry.”, said Suzy who was already outside the lab.

 

 

Monday |June 13, 2011|11:10 AM

 

At the cafeteria...

 

180

SM Academy’s cafeteria food service a.k.a. La Casita (found at the right side near the entrance)

 

Minho, Hara, Onew and Luna, were already at the cafeteria line getting their nutritious meals for lunch when Sulli, Suzy, and Henry arrived.

 

“1, 2, 3... [counting] Hey, aren’t you guys missing someone?”, asked Luna when the three sophomores from class 10A arrived.

 

“Hey, where’s Aiden?”, Onew asked before the sophomores had a chance to answer.

 

“Henry says that he’s not feeling well.”, Suzy answered.

 

“Not exactly, but he looked like it though.”, joined in Henry while they were in line and getting their food.

 

“So, he’s at the infirmary? I hope he’s okay.”, commented Hara.

 

The sophomores just shrugged it off.

 

“Hey, have you guys seen Taemin? I’ve been texting him and he’s not replying.”

 

“They’re already at the table.”, said Minho.

 

Sulli’s mood immediately picked up when she heard what Minho said.

 

[Taemin lent his cellphone to Krystal because her phone still had an American line or sim. He told her to just text Jiyoung or Hyuna if ever she needs help in finding her rooms.]

 

After they got their meals they went to their usual table and found Taemin, Jiyoung and Hyuna already sitting there.

 

------------------------------

USUAL SEATING ARRANGEMENT

 

*NOTE: Each table has a total of 12 or 13 seats (with the occasional extra chair), 6 on each side of the table.

 

Junior’s table: Suzy, Henry, Hyuna, Onew, Luna, Key, Minho (seats in between Key and Hara)

                    Aiden, Jiyoung, Sulli, Taemin, Nicole, Hara

 

Senior’s table: Taecyeon, Yoona, Gyuri, Chansung, Tiffany, Siwon

                      Kyuhyun, Seohyun, Nichkhun, Victoria, Krystal (used to be Jong’s), Jong

------------------------------

 

 

Sulli slapped Taemin’s head the moment she sat in between Jiyoung and him.

 

“Ahh! What was that for?”, asked Taemin while rubbing his head.

 

“That was for making me worry! You weren’t replying to any of my texts!”, combated Sulli.

 

“Well... Uhm, I-”, Taemin was interrupted by Jiyoung. “He forgot his phone at home.”

 

[Krystal sent a text to Jiyoung saying that one of her classmates has already offered to show her around, so she didn’t need Taemin’s help anymore. So, Jiyoung knew before hand about Krystal studying in SM Academy, because Taemin told her when she got a text from Krystal using his phone.]

 

Taemin wanted to surprise everyone about her sister staying, especially Sulli and their cousin Nicole. So he couldn’t wait to see Krystal at the cafeteria and introduce her to the others.

 

“Oh, okay.”, was all that Sulli said.

 

“I’m sorry if i got you worried... Forgive me?”, Taemin turned to Sulli giving her his most adorable pout and smile.

 

Sulli just ended up blushing and nodding her head in response.

 

“Yah, no wonder you too always end up looking like our maknaes you guys just act too darn cute sometimes.”, commented Minho and the rest laughed in agreement.

 

[Sigh] “I wish it’s that easy for me.”, said Jiyoung.

 

“Hey, it’s all right. Henry said that Aiden didn’t look to good when we were having classes. Maybe he was really sick.”, Sulli turned and whispered to Jiyoung, but the others still heard.

 

“Yeah, and yesterday at Taec oppa’s party, it kinda looked like he wasn’t already feeling well.”, added Suzy.

 

“Aiden’s been like that ever since last Friday. He said he was feeling really tired. I guess he was really sick.”, Onew explained.

 

“See.”, Sulli tried to defend Aiden while cheering Jiyoung at the same time.

 

“Where’s that cutie anyway?”, asked Hyuna which earned her a glare from Jiyoung.

 

“Speak of the devil.”, Henry interrupted. Just then Aiden walked inside the cafeteria, not really looking sick. But was actually looking really good, like he was really well.

 

 

After fixing his ‘problem’, Aiden went directly to the school cafeteria, not knowing the events of what will happen.

 

He saw his friends as he was approaching the food service line, and waved at them.

 

“Does that look like someone who’s sick too you?”, Jiyoung commented.

 

“Hey, calm down Ji, we’re still not sure about that.”, said Hara.

 

“What happened with you guys anyway?”, asked Luna.

 

“Well, I guess we got out of touch... But it was his fault. He’s the guy. He should’ve made way for us to be able to communicate.”, Jiyoung complained to her friends.

 

“Yeah. I guess you right.”, replied Hyuna.

 

“But, still though, if you don’t mind me saying Ji, you guys are still just dating. You haven’t said yes to Aiden.”, Onew said, sort of defending Aiden.

 

“But... We did agree that our relationship would be exclusive, though we’re just dating...”, Jiyoung said now with a pout.

 

“I absolutely agree with you Ji.”, said Hara.

 

“Yeah, me too. Guys should always make way to please us girls.”, said Luna.

 

“Me three.”, joined in Sulli with a cute smile.

 

Onew and Minho just bowed their heads and scratched their heads. While Sulli just pinched Taemin’s cheek after she said that.

 

“Gosh, buddy. You are so dead.”, Suzy thought about Aiden so she texted him.

 

To AJ:

J, you better be prepared for Jiyoung. :P

 

 But Suzy didn’t know that Aiden left his phone in his bag, so he wasn’t given any warning.

 

 

Everyone was eating quietly at their table when Aiden arrived with his food.

 

“Hey guys sorry I’m late, I forgot to bring some money so I withdraw some first. [the school has an ATM machine in the SU building]”, Aiden said lying.

 

“Hey where’s Nick noona and Key hyung?”, Aiden asked innocently.

 

“Uh, I think they’re still in class.”, Onew was the only one who spoke.

 

He greeted all of them with a small smile as he was sitting down, but he didn’t notice that they were acting weirdly until Suzy nudged his knee under the table.

 

Suzy was turning her head to the left indicating Aiden to turn to his right since they were sitting across from each other. When he turned to his right, he saw the person sitting next to him staring straight at him with blushing angry face. Jiyoung’s angry face does looking like it was threatening at all, it really looked cute. And Aiden knew this. So his initial reaction every time he saw this expression of hers was to smile.

 

But after a few seconds of Jiyoung not changing her expression, Aiden got a bit worried and his smile slowly faded. He bowed his head down and looked straight to Suzy to have a clue of what Jiyoung was mad about. Suzy just shrugged of her shoulders not wanting to get involved and Jiyoung more upset.

 

Aiden bowed his head down again, and thought for a minute about what it was he possibly did to get her upset. After thinking about it and coming up with nothing. He turned to Jiyoung again only to find that she wasn’t looking at him anymore.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong?”, Aiden asked Jiyoung but got no reply.

 

Aiden looked at his friends, but all of a sudden they pretended like they were busy by looking at something, creating fake conversations and what not, just so they won’t be involved.

 

“What’s wrong Ji? Hey...”, Aiden turned to Jiyoung again but this time he was poking her left cheek.

 

“Do you want us to stop dating?”, Jiyoung suddenly blurted out.

 

All of their friends gasped from what they heard; it really caught their attention.

 

“...”, Aiden was not expecting that from her. He didn’t know what to say.

 

Jiyoung... Where is this coming from?

 

“W-w-why?”, Aiden forced himself to speak even if it felt like something was stuck down his throat.

 

“It seems like you’re too busy for me anymore... You don’t even text or call me anymore...”, Jiyoung said with her head down.

 

“It’s all right if we stop... Or if you want to start dating someone else...”, Jiyoung added.

 

Yes...

 

No!

 

Come on Aiden, what are you saying?

 

“I...”, was all that Aiden can say. He was already confused with what was happening with his life, and this wasn’t any better.

 

“By any chance... do you already like someone else?”, Jiyoung now looked at Aiden, but he had his head bowed down though he chair was facing hers.

 

Yes...

My god! Aiden. Don’t do this. You need Jiyoung.

 

If you stop dating her you’ll only hurt her and things will get worse.

 

You like her right?

 

Yeah. I really do.

 

But...

 

I like someone more...

 

I love...

 

 ‘"I promise you’re the only one.", Aiden spoke on impulse, trying to break his train of thought.

 

“I’m not so sure...”, Jiyoung replied sensing Aiden’s hesitation and impulsive answer.

 

“It- It’s t-true... Pr-promise...”, Aiden said stuttering.

 

[Sigh] "Then, prove it.", Jiyoung said trying to test him.

 

Aiden, you need her. She’s the only one that’ll help you forget about her. Don’t let her go.

 

His mind was now overtaking his emotions.

 

Come on... Do something... Before this ends badly...

 

This is where the factor of his age and immaturity arises. Aiden was still too young and naive to really think about things before doing it first and analyzing the succeeding consequences.

 

 

After an awkward minute of silence, Aiden stood up and went on top of their cafeteria table.

 

"Everyone, I have something to say.”, he said loudly after getting everyone’s attention.

 

“Not everyone might know this, but I have been dating someone for over a year now. I’ve been courting her since we were freshmen.”

 

“I just want to let everyone know that, I’m whipped!”

 

"I, Aiden James Lee, is now owned by someone and that someone is sitting in this table. Jiyoung Kang."

 

“And to prove to her that I’m hers only. I’m giving her my watch as a symbol of my ownership. [raises his left hand where his watch was]”

 

He got down the table, took off his watch and placed it on her. After he did that, he raised Jiyoung’s left wrist and showed it to everyone.

 

Jiyoung stood up and hugged Aiden right away. He got a bit unsteady, but he soon hugged her after.

 

Everyone inside the cafeteria cheered, yelled and clapped in amazement. All the girls were fanning over how sweet Aiden was and the guys were cheering him.  His friends were all stunned, but were smiles nonetheless.

 

All of this, he did in front of the whole student body, including the present faculty and staff... including Krystal.

 

 

Monday |June 13, 2011|11:20 AM-> same time (sort of; 10 minute-difference)

 

Over at the senior’s table...

 

“Hey baby.”, Yoona greeted Taecyeon, who just sat beside her.

 

He was with his classmates, Nichkun, Victoria and Tiffany.

 

“Hey, where’s Jong?”, Gyuri asked them.

 

“He’s busy.”, Taecyeon said with a sly smile.

 

“He’s with the new transferee.”, Nichkhun cleared.

 

“Oh right. She’s in your class... “, Siwon commented.

 

“Is she hot?”, Chansung intercepted and was elbowed by Gyuri.

 

“Ouch! I was just asking.”, Chansung rebutted.

 

“She is.”, Taecyeon joined and was smacked in the head by Yoona.

 

“You guys will never believe this. She was actually Jong’s friend.”, Tiffany gossiped.

 

“Really?!”, Yoona and Gyuri both said.

 

“Yeah. They seem-”, Tiffany was interrupted when everyone in the cafeteria’s attention was focused on someone standing on top of the table.

 

‘Everyone, I have something to say.’

 

“OH. MY. GOD. ”, Tiffany said which made her friends’ attentions move from her to the one she was focusing on.

 

“What is it hon? Why’d you stop?”, Siwon asked his attention still focused on Tiffany.

 

‘Not everyone might know this, but I have been dating someone for over a year now. I’ve been courting her since we were freshmen.’

 

When Siwon finally saw Aiden, Taecyeon suddenly spoke, “Oh my god. This is priceless!”

 

“Hey, we should record this...”, Yoona said while waiting for Aiden’s next move.

 

“Already doing it.”, Chansung said video tapping Aiden using his phone.

 

“I just want to let everyone know that, I’m whipped!”

 

“Oh my god!”, Victoria said with wide eyes. The guys laughed at what their dongsaeng said.

 

“I can’t believe this is happening.”, Nichkhun said who was really stunned by Aiden’s actions.

 

‘I, Aiden James Lee, is now owned by someone and that someone is sitting in this table. Jiyoung Kang.

 

“Kyaa!! Oh my gosh!!”, Gyuri said.

 

‘And to prove to her that I’m hers only. I’m giving her my watch as a symbol of my ownership.’

 

After they saw their dongsaengs hugging, all the seniors stood up and went to the UC junior’s table right away.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*NOTE: I don't own any of the pictures.

 

Hey guys. cool

I've been trying to post this chapter since yesterday, but it just doesn't work. The file is too big.

It's actually 54 pages long.  So I just broke it down into two parts. Just go to the next chapter. laugh

 

Enjoy!!