Chapter 5: Street Map

Time and Confusion

 

CHAPTER 5

Street Map

(Song by Athlete)

 

Saturday |June 18, 2011| 12:05 AM

 

Intro music: Athlete - Street Map

 

I would like to think our paths are straight
Disconnected from choices we make
That there is no reason why it can't be like you said

One day it's gonna happen
I don’t know when
I'll be on your street
But I know one day it's gonna happen
You're gonna be swept off your feet

 

Have you ever looked at a picture of yourself and see someone you don’t know in the background? It makes you wonder how many strangers have pictures of you. How many times you have been in moments of other peoples’ life. Were you apart of someone’s life when they found their dream or were you there when they lost it? Did you try to get in or are you just somehow destined to be part of their lives; as if it was meant for you to be there when the shot got taken. Just try to contemplate, anyone could be a play a big part in someone else’s life and not even know it.

 

 

Two young souls can be seen awake in the middle of the night, unable to sleep. Both were thinking about things that had happened in the past three days. 

 

------------------------------

 

RECALL: Three days ago.

 

Tuesday |June 14, 2011| 5:30 PM

 

Secondhand Serenade - Goodbye

 

The UC along with Krystal were hanging out at Sollazzare.

 

Aiden was deep in his thoughts while his friends were laughing and conversing with each other.

 

[Sigh] She always acts like I’m not in the room.

 

“Unnie, how do you like it here so far?”, Sulli asked Krystal but not forgetting to give her a cute smile.

 

[Sigh] She doesn’t even look at me.

 

They were all sitting in their usual positions at the restaurant. Sulli was sitting across from Aiden, making it hard for Krystal not to look at him. But still, she made it possible.

 

‘’So far... so good... I mean, I like it here better... though I really miss Jessica, I get to be with Tae and our parents; so it equals out being homesick.”, Krystal answered.

 

“You’re not having any difficulties adjusting are you?”, Tiffany asked.

 

“Uh, yeah, not at all.”, Krystal replied with a small smile.

 

The others continued to get to know Krystal; asking her questions to make her feel more at ease and comfortable with everyone.

 

Aiden did not bother to look at her any more. He just sat up straight while all of this was happening.

 

I don’t get it. Is this the way things are gonna be from now on?

 

Aiden recalled what happened yesterday at the rooftop.

 

‘Please don’t ever tell anyone what happened between us...’

 

Then she gave me three reasons...

 

‘... First off, you’re my brother’s best friend...’

 

‘... Second, you’re so much younger than me...’

 

‘... Third, I- I- used to be with your brother...’

 

But what were they exactly? Were they reasons for us not to be friends?

 

No... I don’t think it is...

 

I think they were reasons for us to just keep what happened between us a secret.

 

Then Aiden remembered something Krystal said.

 

‘It should’ve never happened... ‘

 

[Sigh] They were reasons why it was a mistake...

 

But does that also mean we can never be friends?

 

Aiden’s thoughts were interrupted when Jiyoung (sitting on his left), held his left hand and started to caress the back of his hand it with her right thumb. Both of Aiden’s hands were comfortably placed on top of the table holding his drink.

 

“You okay?”, Jiyoung asked him with concerned eyes and a small smile. Aiden returned the smile and replied, “Yeah, I just feel really drained that all.”

 

”Are you still not feeling well?”, Jiyoung asked again.

 

“Yeah, I guess.”, Aiden answered.

 

“Did you get enough sleep last night?”, Jiyoung wondered.

 

“Not really.”, Aiden said while his right hand rubbed his neck.

 

“See. There you go.”, Jiyoung said. “Hmm, if you want I could keep you company. You could call me and we can talk until you get sleepy.”, she quickly added.

 

Aiden just gave her a knowing look; a slightly raised eyebrow and a small smile that says, “Really? You stay awake?”

 

“All right, all right. Fine. I know I can barely stay awake past ten o’clock, but still, I don’t want my Baby feeling tired and restless.”, Jiyoung playfully retorted.  

 

Aiden just giggled at Jiyoung, but then realized something. “Did- did you just call me ‘baby’?” He looked at her with an amazed smile.

 

Jiyoung just blushed, because she too, only realized what she had said after Aiden brought it up.

 

[Laughing nervously] “You’re so cute Ji.”, Aiden added, teasing Jiyoung a little and then poking her red cheeks.

 

Jiyoung just blushed even more after what Aiden had said, so she wiped a small blob of whip cream from the rim of Aiden’s drink to his nose as a payback.

 

“Hey!”, Aiden complained but in a playful way, but Jiyoung just stuck her tongue out in reply. He took off the cream using the table napkin only to find that his nose was now sticky. “Aw. Now my nose is sticky.”

 

Jiyoung took some wet wipes from her bag. She cleaned Aiden’s nose with the wipe, but not without commenting, “Your fault for teasing me.”

 

Aiden just bowed his head and smiled.

 

Maybe I should just focus my attention on Jiyoung. That way I can stop thinking about her.

 

 

Unknowingly, while their friends were busy having their own conversations, Krystal saw all of Aiden and Jiyoung’s interactions.

 

 

 

Wednesday |June 15, 2011| 7:20 AM

 

The Weepies - World Spins Madly On

 

The students were gathered in the Phillip Dwight Hall (“P.D.” hall), the school’s main auditorium for the weekly morning assembly (every Wednesday during homeroom period) and school announcements.

 

 ps20-02_zps7a3e83ed.jpg

ps20-01_zpse3c4619c.jpg

[Students were seated according to year level]

 

“Greetings everyone.”, the Headmaster, Dr. Dmitri Seo greeted. “First, I would like to officially welcome everyone here in our beloved school. I hope all of you had fun on your summer vacation.”

 

Headmaster’s speech:

It is both an honour and a privilege to stand before you today and welcome all of the new students and faculty members to this community.

 

I know that for all of you, today is the first week of school; both faculty and student body. And for those starting high school, it is your first week in a new school so it’s understandable that you are a little nervous. I imagine that there are some seniors who are feeling pretty good right now with just one more year to go. But no matter what grade you are in, there are probably some wishing it was still summer and you could have stayed in bed for a while longer- and yet here you are listening in front of me, ready to learn. 

 

As most of you know, today is the beginning of the many assemblies to be held this school year. First let me give you a short description about what to expect.

 

A year in St. Martin’s Academy is a year with traditions, values, respect, politeness, and commitment to the school and excellence in achievement. Furthermore, it is a year where both faculty members and students are nurtured and understood as a character with all circumstances of an individual situation, where relationships across their group are strong and where we foster a sense of identity...

 

 

------------------------------

 

FASTFORWARD: Thirty minutes.

 

Wednesday |June 15, 2011| 7:50 AM

 

Adele - Turning Tables

 

The students were starting to leave the P.D. Hall.

 

Krystal saw Aiden walking next to Henry and Sulli along with their classmates going back to class. She suddenly remembered what she saw at Sollazzare the day before.

 

They looked like they were at their own little world.

 

As the sophomores were going out of the auditorium, Aiden, along with Sulli Suzy and Henry, went over Taemin’s class so they could go back together. Aiden immediately went by Jiyoung’s side. She saw them playing with each other again.

 

Aiden tried to tease Jiyoung by tapping her right shoulder but then pretending like nothing happened. When Jiyoung noticed what Aiden was doing, she slapped him softly in his right upper arm. After this, Krystal saw Jiyoung’s hand slowly making its way into Aiden’s right hand. She saw Aiden smiling at Jiyoung and it broke her heart. Aiden and Jiyoung were now holding hands while going out of the auditorium.

 

[Sigh] They look good together... Like a cute young couple.

 

Krystal had her hands at her sides balled up and her head down while walking amongst the students. It wasn’t because of anger, or envy, but because of the uncontrollable pain she was experiencing for the first time. It was the worst she ever felt; worse than the time she and Jonghyun broke up, and worse than the time Taemin and her parents left to live in Seoul.

 

Jonghyun noticed Krystal because he was walking next to her. Jonghyun remembered that Krystal hated being in crowded situations. He knew that she liked her space and privacy, which most people misinterpret as her being a cold person. Krystal never liked being surrounded by people unless they were her friends or her family. Jonghyun thought that this was the reason why Krystal looked so down. He spoke up, “You want to let them leave first? We can just follow if you want to.”

 

“Huh?”, Krystal was taken aback by Jonghyun’s sudden suggestion.

 

“I mean, uh, [rubs his neck] I know that you hate being in crowds. So if you want...”, Jonghyun was trying to explain and to find better words.

 

Krystal understood what he meant and she gave him a small smile while nodding her head. Thanks Jong.

 

[Sigh]

 

What’s happening? This is not me... Why am I even affected? And why do I even care?  I never cared about anyone outside of my family.

 

 

Wednesday |June 15, 2011| 11:45 AM

 

The Script - Science and Faith

 

Headmaster’s speech: (continuation)

For every one of you as individual young adults, as your Headmaster and guardian, I want to start with the responsibility you have to yourself. Every single one of you has something that you are good at; everyone has something to offer. You have that responsibility to discover and develop what that is. That’s the opportunity an educator like myself, your teachers and mentors can provide.

 

The time to check out the clubs and electives the academy has to offer would be later today; that is why all classes after lunch would be suspended. The final application for its membership would be next week. Take time to ponder where you want or what you want to be, while try-outs for varsities would be tomorrow afternoon.

 

Scene: LUNCH PERIOD

At the UC Seniors’ table...

 

“So what varsity you plan on joining Krys?”, Tiffany asked.

 

Everyone at the table was waiting for Krystal to answer but she was unfortunately spacing out.

 

Jonghyun spoke before Krystal was able to answer, “Oh yeah that’s right... We don’t have any triathlon varsity though... It’s just track or swimming.”

 

“Oh... Uhm, I dunno what to choose between the two. Can’t it be both?”, her attention reverting back because of Jonghyun.

 

They all laugh at her answer.

 

“Are you serious? Woah! Pretty tough.”, Chasung commented.

 

“Would you be able to handle the training?”, Victoria asked with concern rather than curiosity.

 

“Yeah, school’s as hard as it is.”, Siwon added.

 

Taecyeon joined saying, “I’m sure she can do it, maybe not with us in the student council. Aside from that we also have clubs and varsities to head.”

 

“Well if you ask me, you’re better off on the swimming team.”, Yoona said.

 

“You’re just saying that ‘cause we need new recruitments.”, Gyuri joked.

 

“Am not! M-maybe... But I’m sure Kryssie will definitely pass!”, Yoona snapped.

 

“Yeah... Swimming try-outs are on Friday. You can come with us though we’re already part of the team. But like Yoong said, I’m sure you won’t have a hard time in making it.”, Tiffany explained.

 

“For sure. You’re team captain in LA right?”, Jonghyun complimented.

 

“Uh... Yeah... [Caresses her neck] I guess.”, Krystal answered to them.

 

“You guys are just courting her to join! Why don’t you try the gymnastics team?!”, Victoria said with sparkles in her eyes, hoping Krystal will consider.

 

Everyone responded at the same time. “Umma!” “Vicky!”

 

“I’m just kidding! Geez..”, Victoria retorted.

 

“How about clubs, Unnie?”, Seohyun asked.

 

They were all waiting for Krystal to answer once again. But she had no clue she was the ‘Unnie’ Seohyun was referring to.

 

Jonghyun nudged her.

 

“Who me?”, Krystal was confused.

 

“Yeah. Seobaby’s a 94 liner. You’re 93 right? Well, according to your facebook that is.”, Tiffany explained.

 

“Oh... Yeah... Uh, anyway... Hmm, to be honest... I’m really clueless to what club I’ll join... Definitely not drama though.”, Krystal answered.

 

“Please excuse my Hyunnie, she just can’t drop the ‘Unnie’ or the ‘Oppa’ even if we’re at the same class. She was brought up that way.”, Kyuhyun explained calmly on behalf of their friends.

 

“Yeah. But that’s just one of the things we love about Seobaby!”, Yoona said with an alligator smile.

 

“Don’t worry Krystal. Pretty soon you’ll also know these things about her. And the same goes in getting to know us too!”, Victoria added which earned a smile from Krystal.

 

Jonghyun returned the conversation back to the previous topics of clubs, “I don’t think the fitness club is for you. I mean... Look at you... [Coughs].”

 

Siwon who was facing Jonghyun kicked him from under the table for making that slightly inappropriate comment.

 

Nichkhun gives Jonghyun a stare behind Krystal’s back with the latter mouthing “What?”

 

“Anyway... How ‘bout music? Band club. Do you play any instrument?”, Nichkhun continued.

 

Krystal answered, “Uh, not really. I know how to play the piano, but I don’t think I’m that good.”

 

“Oh come one Unnie. You can try.”, Seohyun said cheerfully.

 

“Seohyun-ah.. I think you’re enough of a piano player at the music club.”, Chansung said.

 

“How about glee club?”, Kyuhyun asked.

 

“I.. don’t... sing. I mean. I’ve never really been into music you know. I’m just the type who listens.”, Krystal said.

 

“Well.. Don’t worry about it. You’ve got enough time to choose a club you want later this afternoon. The final membership is still next week. You can just visit any club you’re really curious about right now. And if you don’t like it then there’s always next week.”, Tiffany explained, her eye smile never wavering.

 

 

Neon Trees - Animal

 

“Look at those dorks.”, Taecyeon suddenly said.

 

“What?”, they all turned their attention to the UC Junior’s table.

 

“Oooh... They’re playing ‘mouthball’!”, Yoona exclaimed.

 

“Mouthball?”, Krystal just had to ask.

 

 

Over at the UC Juniors’ table...

 

“Sulli-ah!”, Taemin excitedly called.

 

“Yah!! That’s too big Tae!”, Sulli complained.

 

------------------------------

MOUTHBALL

 

A game created by Taecyeon Ok just for fun; popularized by the Upper Crust members.

 

The rules of the game are simple. Couples are immediate teams. Each couple will compete; whoever gets the highest score wins. Each player mostly girls (with the exception of: Yoona, Victoria, Nicole, Sulli and Jiyoung) will try to shoot any piece of food to their partners mouth. The bigger the food means the higher the point. The only catch to motivate the teams is the losing team will pay for all the meals and will be punished through ear flicks.

 

5 points: fist-size | 4 points: baby fist-size | 3 points: matchbox-size

2 points: grape-size | 1 point: pea-size  

------------------------------

 

“Nice try.. not! [Sticks tongue out to Sulli and Taemin] Watch this!”, Suzy brags then throws Henry a piece of her pizza cut out to a shape of a rectangle.

 

“Yeah!! Three points for us!”, Henry says with his mouth still with food.

 

“Hey it’s not their fault you have a really big mouth!”, Minho teased.

 

“Ji!”, Aiden calling Jiyoung’s attention, throwing a piece of cherry to her and then they high-fived each other after that.

 

“Onew!”, Luna shouts.

 

“What the- OOMPF!”, Onew was caught off guard when Luna threw a piece of chicken towards him.

 

“Hmm, yum-my... chi-kin!”, Onew said joyfully after tasting his favourite food.

 

“All right everyone. Time to announce the winner.”, Nicole said who along with Key and Hyuna served as the “’mouthball’ umpires”.

 

“Drum roll please.”, Key dramatically said to which everyone responded by tapping their index fingers on the table like a drumstick.

 

“The first place goes to... Lunew! Tied with Henzy!”, Nicole said.

 

“What?! That’s not fair! Hyung has a really big mouth!”, Henry complained.

 

“Yah!! It’s not my fault they’re serving chicken today!”, Onew retorted.

 

“Just accept it Hyung! You guys are already lucky to be in first place.”, Sulli said.

 

“Yeah! So who’s next Noona?”, Taemin asked Nicole.

 

 “Second place... Is also a tie! Minra and Jiden couples! Woot!”, Nicole continued.

 

“So that leaves...”, Key slowly said.

 

“The Taeli couple!”, Hyuna continued, then laughing afterwards.

 

“Aww man!”, Sulli said sinking in her seat.

 

“Why??”, Taemin asked.

 

“Do you guys even have to ask?”, Jiyoung said.

 

“It’s ‘cause you guys keep pushing yourselves. How can you guys eat, yet swallow what you both throw.”, Aiden said with a smirk. It was because Sulli and Taemin kept throwing big pieces of food.

 

“Can’t blame us for wanting to win Hyung.”, Sulli said with a sulking face.

 

“Yah! Don’t give us that look. We all know that look.”, Hara complained seeing the “fake maknaes” trying to attempt aegyo to get out of the punishment.

 

“Please...”, Taemin said.

 

 

Wednesday |June 15, 2011| 12:00 PM -> same time 

 

The UC Seniors were observing them from a far.

 

“So that’s mouthball huh...”, Krystal said trying to suppress her laughter.

 

“Amateurs.”, Yoona said proudly.

 

“Can’t blame them if their mouth isn’t as big as yours baby.”, Taecyeon said to tease Yoona which earned him a hard punch on his shoulder.

 

“Settle down HIM Yoona.”, Gyuri commented which earned her a mere glare from the doe-eyed girl.

 

“I see Sulli-baby’s trying her forte.”, Tiffany said smirking.

 

“What forte?”, Krystal asked seeing the game was over when they saw everyone doing the drum roll action.

 

“That’s also your brother’s forte.”, Chansung followed his cousin.

 

Then everyone at the table except for Krystal said, “Aegyo.”

 

 

Wednesday |June 15, 2011| 12:10 PM

 

Returning to the UC Juniors.

 

“Now my ears are swollen...”, Taemin said with a cute pout while holding his warm ears.

 

“Well you didn’t have to take Sulli’s side of the punishment.”, Minho commented checking Taemin’s very red ears.

 

“Well..”, Taemin looked beside him and saw Sulli with a grateful smile. She was holding his hand underneath the table. When he turned to face the front he felt something on his left cheek.

 

Sulli kissed him.

 

“Aww...”, the boys teased ‘cause the girls were blushing themselves for what Sulli did.

 

It was their first kiss.

 

“Now why didn’t just let Sulli do that in the first place. That even made his entire face red.”, Aiden commented.

 

“My babies.. are all grown up...”, Key said.

 

“So cute!!”, Nicole shrieked.

 

“Guess there’s a first for everything...” Suzy commented with a smirk.

 

Aiden remembered something when he heard Suzy’s remark. He looked over at the UC Senior’s table seeing them having their own conversations; their eyes meet the moment he turned his gaze towards her.

 

 

Thursday |June 16, 2011| 11:50 AM

 

Headmaster’s speech: (continued)

No matter what you want to do, an education is needed whether it will be a musician, artist, scientist or engineer, lawyer or doctor. You’ve got to train and work for it to learn it. But select your path carefully. It’s not enough that you are good at it; you need to have the passion for it.

 

The next day during lunch period at the UC Juniors’ table...

 

“Aww. I can’t watch your try-outs tomorrow Taeminnie.”, Sulli said with a pout.

 

“Me too.”, Taemin said with a sigh.

 

“Yah. You’re not the only one. I’m also gonna miss my baby’s try-outs.”, Minho chimed.

 

The schedule for basketball and football varsity try-outs was held at the same time today.

 

“You’re so lucky Jiyoung is part of the swimming team. You get to watch her tomorrow Hyung”. Sulli said pertaining to Aiden.

 

“WE are going to watch her. And I bet she’ll do great.”, Aiden said making Jiyoung blush.

 

“Yup! And at least we know the UC will be there to support us.”, Hyuna who was also part of the swimming team said.

 

“So what team you gonna join this year Aiden?”, Minho asked.

 

“[Sigh] Hyung you know I love playing basketball, but football’s my sport.”, Aiden answered honestly.

 

“Yah! Stop converting him.”, Key and Onew said at the same time.

 

“What? We need all the help we can get. And besides I have no one to train when I’m captain next year.“, Minho bragged.

 

“Hey! Me and Taemin are there! We don’t need Aiden. In fact, starting now, I volunteer myself as your apprentice.”, Henry said which earned him a piece of grape in the head.

 

“Yah!”, he retorted looking at Aiden who was busy looking at the ceiling trying to stifle his laugh.

 

Taemin sighed loudly once again still a bit sad that he won’t be able to watch Sulli’s game said, “At least I get to watch Kryssie’s try-outs.”

 

“You guys should’ve seen her! She even beat Minho in swimming.”, Onew exposed earning him a piece of blueberry on his head from Minho.

 

“Yah! Stop wasting food!”, he fired again only to earn laughs from his friends.

 

 

At the UC Seniors’ table...

 

Everyone was having their own conversations.

 

“So have you thought about which club you want to join?”, Jonghyun asks Krystal again.

 

FLASHBACK: (Yesterday, during study period)

Krystal was asked by Seohyun to accompany her to the joint (band and choir) music room. But it turns out that the music sheets she was looking for were at a different music room.

 

She was left alone in the room.

 

musicroomjoint_zpscc1b0c30.jpg

 

Krystal wandered off to the grand piano; she started to play a song. She made a mistake but it didn’t stop her from playing again. But this time she sang with the melody.

 

Regina Spektor - Samson

You are my sweetest downfall
I loved you first, I loved you first
Beneath the sheets of paper lies my truth
I have to go, I have to go
Your hair was long when we first met

Samson went back to bed
Not much hair left on his head
He ate a slice of wonder bread and went right back to bed
And history books forgot about us and the bible didn't mention us
And the bible didn't mention us, not even once

You are my sweetest downfall
I loved you first, I loved you first
Beneath the stars came fallin' on our heads
But they're just old light, they're just old light
Your hair was long when we first met

 

She kept playing, pouring her heart out not knowing someone was at the back of the music room.


Samson came to my bed
Told me that my hair was red
Told me I was beautiful and came into my bed
Oh I cut his hair myself one night
A pair of dull scissors in the yellow light
And he told me that I'd done alright
And kissed me 'til the mornin' light, the mornin' light
And he kissed me 'til the mornin' light

Samson went back to bed
Not much hair left on his head
Ate a slice of wonderbread and went right back to bed
Oh, we couldn't bring the columns down
Yeah we couldn't destroy a single one
And history books forgot about us
And the bible didn't mention us, not even once

You are my sweetest downfall
[I loved you first]

 

She wasn’t able to sing the last line of the song because by that time she already felt someone’s presence in the room with her.

 

She ly to look at the person she’s been ignoring for the past few days.

 

“[Coughs] Uh... [Scratches head] I’m sorry... I didn’t mean- I was already at the back when you started playing... Uh...”, Aiden didn’t know what to do or what to say. It was their first close encounter since the bathroom incident three days ago (they bumped into each other).

 

It was just a mere coincidence that he was there. Mr. Turner (Music club teacher) asked him to check out the instruments the SMA band are going to use later that day.

 

“You don’t have to explain. Anyway, I’m leaving.”, Krystal replied coldly.

 

“W-wait...”, Aiden spoke when she was near the door.

 

Krystal didn’t bother to turn around. But instead just grabbed the handle of the door while waiting for what he was going to say.

 

When Aiden noticed this he continued, “Y-y-ou should join the music club... Y-you play really well... Aand... you sound really good too... I- I... I’m not just saying that ‘cause... ‘cause... (I love you...) [Sighs] I’m not just saying that...”

 

Krystal can’t help but turn around and look at him.

 

He was staring at her before. But the moment he said those three words in his head and sighed in defeat knowing it would be useless; he bowed his head, missing the opportunity to meet her gaze.

 

“It’s just I’ve never heard anything like that before...”, he finally finished what he was thinking.

 

“Is that all?”, Krystal asked turning away from him just when Aiden looked up again.

 

“Yeah... I’m sor-”, Aiden was unable to finish what he said because Krystal already left the room.

 

Aiden released the breath he had been holding after hearing the door shut.

 

“God, what's happening to me?”, he muttered under his breath while holding his chest. Apparently it’s what she does to him; heart beating fast, feeling like it’ll explode out of his chest.

 

He slowly walked toward the piano placing down the guitar he was previously holding.

 

Aiden started playing with the keys, then he started playing a song; not knowing Krystal was still outside with her back leaning on the other side of the door.

 

Krystal was doing the same action Aiden did before. She was holding her chest, unable to control her heart from beating fast and hard. She was starting to calm herself when she heard an unfamiliar melody inside with a voice she knew all too well.

 

David Archuleta - My Kind of Perfect


I was thinking about ‘ya 
I drew a little picture 
But some things you can't put on paper 
Like ‘ya like shooting stars 
Or write songs on guitar 
Got more things to do than stare at a mirror 

And I know, I know 
She's gotta be out there, out there 
I know, I know, she's gotta be 

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right 
Maybe I just let you walk by 
What can I say 
Maybe I've known you all my life 
Is she the one, is it today 
Will I turn the corner, see my future 
In a beautiful face 
Maybe 

 

Krystal tried to peek inside and saw him playing and singing with his eyes closed.


She's anything but typical 
A sweet surprise 
No matter what she's looking at the bright side 
It's gonna be worth it 
'cos that's what love is 
I'll keep searching for my kind of perfect 

And I know, I know, 
She's gotta be out there, out there 
I know, I know, she's gotta be 

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right 
Maybe I just let you walk by 
What can I say, maybe I've known you all my life 
Is she the one, is it today 
Will I turn the corner, see my future, in a beautiful face 
Maybe 

They say, give it time
Give it time and it will fall in line 
But I, keep wondering how and when and why I already met... (haven’t met you) 

 

He accidentally changed the lyrics of the song. He stopped when he realized this. Only to play that line once again and correcting his mistake. Krystal didn’t missed this correction.
 

But maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right 
Is she the one, is it today 
Will I turn the corner, see my future, in a beautiful face

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right 
Maybe I just let you walk by 
What can I say, maybe i've known you all my life 
Is she the one, is it today 
Will I turn the corner, see my future, in a beautiful face 
Maybe 
Ohhhh, maybe, yeah 

I'll keep searching for my kind of perfect

 

 

“You’re out there aren’t you?”, Aiden said to himself not really understanding the meaning behind it and why he said it out loud.

 

Meanwhile, Krystal was still standing outside listening to every word he said; listening to her heart.

 

[END OF FLASHBACK]

 

“I... I still don’t know yet.”, Krystal answered Jonghyun.

 

“We’ll that’s all right. Whatever it is, I’m sure you’ll do fine.. By the way, basketball try-outs will be this afternoon... You plan on watching?”, Jonghyun asked again.

 

“Of course, Taemin will be there.”, she answered plainly.

 

“Oh... yeah right...”, Jonghyun said expectant her answer would be to watch him or support him.

 

“But... I’ll also cheer for you.”, Krystal said with a small smile to  which Jonghyun gladly returned

 

 

Thursday |June 16, 2011| 5:00 PM

 

The time for the football try-outs has arrived.

 

Although basketball try-outs were held at the same time, the UC basketball players were able to finish early. Together with the other UC members, they all went to the football field to support and watch their friends. The football try-outs were also done but a friendly game between the team as well as the coaches followed after wards.

 

Aiden’s outfit: (same uniform for everyone; just a different jersey number and cleats)

 

5shirtcopy_zpsd59dab8c.jpg5short_zpsd2539fb2.jpg

 

 

 

sgboys_zps1f2a74d4.jpg 5socks_zps7270336d.jpg  aidenfb_zps748881f0.jpg

 

 

 

------------------------------

UC Football players’ jersey numbers:

 

Nichkhun: 4

Kyuhyun: 28

Onew: 12

Key: 94

Aiden: 18

Nicole: 7

Hara: 8

Luna: 12

Suzy: 10

Sulli: 29

 

*Jersey numbers were chosen according to the player’s preference; mostly their birthdays or couple anniversaries.

------------------------------

 

Nichkhun, Kyuhyun, Onew, and Key’s cleats (L-R):

 

nichk2_zps85fb04e8.jpgkyu_zpsca7acc23.jpg

onew2_zps76538f45.jpgkey2_zpsd437cf6f.jpg

 

 

Since Onew was the team goal keeper he was wearing a different uniform and shin guards.

Onew’s outfit:

onewgloves_zps2a87164b.jpgonewguards_zps39e9bf27.jpgOnewjersey2copy_zps12b21efa.jpg

 

 

The former girls’ football varsity however decided to use a different uniform for their try-outs though they also had the same jersey as the guys’.

 

Girl’s uniform: (with different jersey numbers)

 

2shirtcopy_zpsdd363c21.jpg2shorts_zps23366db4.jpg

2socks_zps920c0701.jpg sggirls_zps019285fc.jpg

 

 

Nicole, Hara, Luna, Suzy, and Sulli's cleats (L-R):

nic_zpsaa66ecfb.jpghara2_zps8480ce77.jpg

lunas_zps38f1ab57.jpgsuzy_zpsaad61a3b.jpg

sullifb_zpsa037c853.jpg

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sorry I had to break it into two parts. It's too long to post in one chapter. :D

Just click to next chapter. :)