Chapter 6: Stop and Stare (continuation)

Time and Confusion

 

(continuation)

 

Saturday |June 25, 2011| 5:00 PM

 

After the UC had their lunch, they all went their separate ways to continue practicing for their performances.

 

Aiden and his hyungs were still practicing for their song and dance number. They already got the choreography down. They just have to polish everything and get their timing right.

 

[Pants] “What’s our outfit concepts?”, Onew asked as he sat down on the floor and wiping his sweat.

 

“Should we go for hip-hop, y or suave?”, Minho added.

 

Taemin suddenly spit his water. “S-s-y?”

 

“Maybe we can incorporate all?”, Key added.

 

“ Can’t we just do something cute hyungs? I don’t know the first thing about being y!”, Taemin suddenly exclaimed, worried.

 

“First off, it’s not just you but US.”, Aiden joined in.

 

“[Fake coughs]Excuse me. Just you two, ayt?”, Henry scoffed while fixing his hat only to be thrown by Minho on the other side of the room.

 

“Tae, what you’re saying is impossible. Have you seen yourself dance? And Aiden, same goes for you when you rap.”, Key started to encourage the maknaes.

 

“Girls love those type of guys. The y debonair type, but one thing I learned from girls is that they also go gaga for those who are unconsciously aware that they’re y. You get what I’m sayin’?”, Minho said like an expert.

 

“Come on. Get up you two and observe how we dance.”, Minho said getting in position along with Key and Onew.

 

“You guys are better dancers and singers than us. But what makes us look better is our expressions.”, Onew helped in explaining.

 

“Play it Henry.”, Minho ordered Henry to start the song again.

 

After showing them how it’s done. They let their juniors dance to see how they do.

 

“Taemin’s doing good. But try not to constantly smile; just smirk instead or gave those Noonas watching a run for their money. Aiden, try to have more confidence in dancing as you do in rapping. You guys are experts in making girls fawn over with your aegyos so try to incorporate it while singing and dancing.”, Minho evaluated.

 

“You [points]. No comment.”, Minho teased Henry.

 

“Yah!! I hate you hyung. [Pouts] ”, Henry retorts making the others laugh.

 

 

Saturday |June 25, 2011| 5:30 PM

 

The guys finally decided to end the day after thirty more minutes of practice.

 

It was also the same time Krystal got home from her own practice. She heard familiar voices in their kitchen so she went to check it out, only to see Taemin and his friends rummaging for food and eating their hearts out.

 

“I guess you’re all pretty worked out, huh?”, Krystal spoke startling all of them.

 

“Kryssie.”, Taemin went to greet Krystal with a kiss on the cheek.

 

“Have you eaten?”, Taemin was worried for Krystal knowing she was also tired from practice.

 

“I’m fine. We already ate over at Tiff’s, so don’t worry about me.”, Krystal said while ruffling Taemin’s hair.

 

“Anyway, I guess I’ll just see you guys. I’m heading up to my room.”, Krystal excused herself. She wanted to get out of her clothes (just plain white v-neck shirt and skinny jeans) as soon as possible so she could take a bath and rest already.

 

Just when she remembered about Aiden, there he was; pacing back and forth in their living room.

 

 

Krystal contemplated on whether to say ‘hi’ to him or just go straight up her room. She noticed he was practicing some song.

 

Just when she was standing on the third step of their staircase, she suddenly turned around only to see him already staring at her.

 

“H-hey..”, Aiden said with one hand behind his neck.

 

“Uh, hi...”, Krystal replied with her head bowed.

 

“Uhm.. So how’s practice?”, Aiden said while rubbing his neck a habit of his that Krystal noticed.

 

“It’s.. good. Kinda fun actually... But.. also very.. tiring.”, Krystal answered a bit fiddly.

 

“Oh, uh.. me too. ”, Aiden gave a crooked smile to which Krystal returned with her own.

 

They just stood there for about a minute, staring at each other before looking away.

 

“You we’re great last week... Uh, during our practice (music club performance)...”, Aiden complimented her.

 

“Oh. [bows her head down with a smile] Uh, you too... You were great..”, Krystal returned the praise.

 

“[Laughs awkwardly] T-thanks.”, Aiden said.

 

“You’re welcome.”, Krystal replied.

 

Again, a minute passed by before them, but this time they were looking away from each other’s eyes.

 

“Uh, so...”, Aiden spoke.

 

“So... Uhm, I’m.. I’m going to my room now...”, Krystal spoke back excusing herself from the tension-filled atmosphere between them.

 

“Oh. Okay.. Good luck.”, Aiden said which made him face palm himself the moment Krystal turned around to head for the stairs.

 

A closing of the door from upstairs can be heard.

 

. “Why the hell did I tell her good luck?”, Aiden muttered to himself.

 

Aiden James Lee you’re going crazy.

 

 

On the other side of Krystal’s door.

 

God. Why is it so awkward?

 

Krystal thought with her back leaning over her door while biting her lips.

 

And... Wait... did he just tell me good luck?  This made her giggle.

 

“Dork.” [Sigh]

 

“Most awkward conversation ever.”, Krystal whispered to herself while placing both palms on her face.

 

 

Friday |July 1, 2011| 12:00 PM

 

Everyone was at the cafeteria having their lunch when a sudden announcement was heard resulting to cheers and yells from students.


“An announcement from our headmaster Dr. Seo.”, came out from the cafeteria speakers.

 

The flat screen LCD placed on every corner of the cafeteria suddenly opened up showing Dr. Seo sitting behind his desk.

 

“Good afternoon everyone. It is in everyone’s knowledge that our annual Freshman concert would be held tomorrow. Now, because of that I am happy to announce that all classes after lunch period would be suspended. [Cheers and yells were heard from the students]”

 

Dr. Seo paused for a moment before continuing his announcement precisely knowing that students would get rowdy, “I am giving you this time in preparing for the concert. Please make use of this chance wisely. That would be all. Have a fulfilling day everyone.”

 

“Nice!”, Taecyeon exclaimed.

 

“Don’t be so glad now. [Sigh] We still have a lot of things to do. We need to finalize the number of attending people so we know how to arrange the seat placements. Also, we need to contact our school’s sponsors.”, Tiffany interrupted. She and Taecyeon are PROs (Public Relations Officer) of the school.

 

“Kill joy..”, Chansung snickered earning a kick on the shin from his cousin from under the table.

 

Since they were all done practicing for their performances, the only thing to do was the technical stuff regarding the concert.

 

“Dude, we still need to speak to all the club and varsity heads.”, Siwon spoke turning to Chansung.

 

“How about this.. We call gather everyone so that we can announce our plans and remind the club and varsity heads of their tasks. If we do that in one venue, then it’ll give us less trouble to disseminate the information one by one.”, Victoria suddenly spoke.

 

“How will we do that?”, Gyuri asked.

 

 “Already on it.”, Nichkhun spoke with a smirk after noticing one of their friend’s disappearances.

 

“What do you mean Khun?”, Victoria inquired for everyone.


“An announcement from the Student Council.”, came out from the cafeteria speakers this time.
 

“Good afternoon everybody.” Another voice came out of the speakers.

 

“When the heck did he get there?”, Yoona was startled when they heard Kyuhyun’s voice from the speakers.

 

“He’s a ninja I tell you. A ninja.”, Chansung spoke.

 

“This is Cho Kyuhyun your council President. As a representative of our student council, we would like to hold a meeting with regards to the FM concert. I am asking the club heads, to proceed to the music auditorium after lunch period for briefing as well as the performers involved. The meeting is not limited to the performers and heads, we need all the help we can get to help set-up the stage for the concert. So volunteers would be deeply appreciated. That’s all, thank you.”, Kyuhyun announced.

 

“How about the juniors?”, Yoona asked.

 

“I already texted them.”, Jonghyun answered knowing that the Juniors would always be there to help them.

 

 

Friday |July 1, 2011| 1:00 PM

 

At the music auditorium.

 

Music Auditorium [found at the AMH (Arts, Music and Humanities) building]

 

[Refer to aff Chapter 6: Chapter 4 (1of 2) for a tour of the school]

 

“Thank you all for coming.”, Kyuhun spoke through the microphone on stage.

 

All the club heads were present including their members and additional students who volunteered.

 

“Tiff, if you care to announce the order of performances for the concert.”, Khyuhyun introduced before turning the mic to Tiffany.

 

“All in all we have 32 performances. [Smirks] First performance would come from the music club, both band and glee. The second and third performances would be a collaboration of the music and dance club, while the fourth would involve the triple threat: music, dance and drama club. For performance number five, it would be a freshman band as a representative of their year. We were informed that they would be playing two songs. Next would be the band Deathbed for Juliet composed by the UC juniors playing three songs, followed by the senior band Restoration...”

 

“... so the last set of performances would be from the UC juniors.”, Tiffany continued leaving the UC seniors’ performance as a surprise.

 

Taecyeon spoke after Tiffany’s announcement, “Don’t worry, if you didn’t catch that, the list would be posted near the entrance of the auditorium... But you know what? I heard there would be a special performance by the end. So better watch out for that [Smiles to his fellow seniors].. Oh, almost forgot, the Masters of Ceremony would be Prof. Kang, Prof. Ju and Prof. Darcy.” 

 

The UC junior maknaes (Jiyoung, Sulli, Hyuna, Suzy, Taemin, Aiden and Henry) just turned to each other with a smile. They also have a special something (special collaboration) for their seniors aside from their other performances.

 

Their professors were informed about the performance even the special performances. But neither the seniors nor juniors knew about each other’s special stages. So when Taecyeon mentioned the special performance at the end of the show. The maknaes thought it was their performance, while the seniors thought it was theirs.

 

------------------------------

Freshman Concert Performances:

MC: Prof. Ho Dong, Jae Suk, and Eugene

1.       Music club

2.       Music and dance club collaboration

3.       Music and dance club collaboration

4.       Music, dance and drama club collaboration

5.       Representative of Freshmen: The Forward

6.       Representative of Freshmen: The Forward

7.       Deathbed for Juliet

8.       Deathbed for Juliet

9.       Deathbed for Juliet

10.   Junior Band: MBLAQ

11.   Junior Band: MBLAQ

12.   Junior Band: MBLAQ

13.   Senior Band: Restorations

14.   Senior Band: Restorations

15.   Senior Band: Restorations

16.   UC SIBLINGS PERFORMANCE

17.   Music club girls

18.   Music club boys

19.   Dance club

20.   UC SIBLINGS PERFORMANCE

21.   All girl band: She knows Me

22.   All girl band: She knows Me

23.   All girl band: She knows Me

24.   Hysteria

25.   Hysteria

26.   Hysteria

27.   UPPER CRUST JUNIOR GIRLS

28.   UPPER CRUST JUNIOR GIRLS

29.   UPPER CRUST JUNIOR GIRLS

30.   UPPER CRUST JUNIOR GUYS

31.   UPPER CRUST JUNIOR GUYS

32.   UPPER CRUST JUNIOR GUYS

 

*Those involving UC members

------------------------------

 

 

Friday |July 1, 2011| 3:00 PM

 

The students were dispersed in their respective tasks.

 

Victoria and her dance club members were finalizing the area of the stage for their performances. The electronics club were checking the sound system and lightings. The art club and drama club were given a hand by the drama club in adding some finishing touches to the stage props. The fitness club made use of their physical abilities in helping carry props, while the band club, specifically the men, were transferring the instruments to the stage.

 

Krystal along with Yoona, Seohyun and Gyuri were helping finish one of the stage backgrounds. Yoona got a little playful with her friends and ended up getting some paint on Krystal’s elbows so she excused herself to go to the comfort room.

 

Right about when she stood up, the band club members came entering the auditorium each carrying an instrument. Aiden was carrying a drum snare along with an electric guitar hanging on his back.

 

Krystal and Aiden almost bumped into each other because she was focused on her elbow while he was focused on his friends dancing on stage. Good thing they faced in front right on time before knocking down each other.

 

“Sorry.”, they said at the same time.

 

When Aiden went right Krystal went left, and when he went left she went right. This caused Krystal to just grab Aiden’s upper arms because they kept blocking each other’s way before finally making her way out the auditorium.

 

Nichkhun who was the last member of the band club to enter, saw Aiden and Krystal’s interaction.

 

“Hey babe.”, Victoria greeted Nichkhun when she saw him climbing up the stairs of the stage.

 

“Dude, why is your face so red?”, Nichkhun heard Suzy asking Aiden near the centre of the stage.

 

“Is it?”, Aiden asked back after setting down the instruments he was holding.

 

“Yeah. Especially your ears.”, Henry joined them.

 

“It’s- it’s nothing. Just.. too hot in here you know.”, Aiden stuttered trying to lie.

 

Nichkhun was still observing Aiden. He saw him looking back at the entrance. Aiden suddenly removed his blazer, placing it aside then rolling up his sleeves before breathing in and out deeply. By that time, Krystal had just returned; going back to her group with Yoona and the others.

 

It looked like Aiden was trying to get rid of something in his mind. Nichkhun knew Aiden well enough that this was his habit when trying to relax or when something was stressing him out; or maybe someone he (Nichkhun) thought.

 

He wasn’t exactly sure of what he saw; if it was just a mere coincidence or something. For now he just set his thoughts aside.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

[EXTRA] SIDE CHAPTER:

CHAPTER 6.1

Freshmen

(Song by Verve Pipe)

 

Friday |July 1, 2011| 4:30 PM

 

After the Headmaster’s announcement the students were divided into three groups: those who were preparing for the concert (UC, club heads, and volunteers), the performers who practicing, and the freshman students who were given free period the rest of the day.

 

The All-American Rejects - The Future has Arrived

 

Six freshman students can be seen entering their class room. They went straight to their friends who were all seating at the back of the room.

 

“Oh my gosh! You guys should’ve seen them!”, said a girl named Coleen looking like she saw some celebrities.

 

“Seen who?”, a guy named Eric asked.

 

“As usual. Their favourite topic of everyday.”, a tall guy named Derrick responded while rolling his eyes and taking a seat.

 

“The Upper crust of course! The Oppas were soo handsome!! Especially Aiden oppa!”, a smaller girl named Kat excitedly said while jumping up and down. She was holding onto another girl named Kylie.

 

“Aiden oppa. Always Aiden oppa. Don’t you know anybody else other than him?”, a guy named Daniel complained earning a smack on the head from Kat and laughter from the rest of their friends.

 

“Nah uh! Henry oppa was the cutest!”, Kylie retorted going back to Kat’s previous comment.

 

“Girls, girls why are you guys fighting over them when you know I’m here.”, Eric said jokingly while placing his feet on the table and winking.

 

“Eww!”, a girl named Dani seated beside him said kicking his shin, while a guy named Sehun gave him a high five before sitting on his other side.

 

“I really don’t see what the big deal is. They’re just students like us.”, a guy named Tao suddenly spoke.

 

“Yeah they are, but they come from the most powerful families.”, Dani replied.

 

“Pssh. So what? It’s not like we can’t afford too.”, Tao spoke again.

 

“Well, it’s not just that, they’re also model students. High grades, high skills in talent and sports. They’re good in everything.”, a girl called Hayoung added while fixing her glasses.

 

“So they’re basically perfect. Is that what you’re saying?”, a guy named Art spoke.

 

“Well-”, Hayoung was about to continue when another friend of theirs suddenly interrupted.

 

“They’re not. They also have their flaws... But it’s because that which makes them more endearing.”, a girl named Fern said all too well.

 

“They come from powerful families, but they don’t boast. If you think about it, based on their stats, they should be walking with their heads up high, but they always stay grounded. Most of them are actually friendly and approachable, while the rest are just too meek to talk to people outside of their group.”, she continued.

 

“For example, I used to think Key oppa, Gyuri, Seohyun and Hara unnie were snobbish, it just so happens that they’re the type who’s awkward with strangers. Some people say that Tiffany, Yoona, Nicole and Luna unnie are arrogant, but they’re just really sociable. Taecyeon, Chansung, Siwon, Jonghyun, and Minho oppas look very intimidating, but they’re really wacky and goofy in person. Nichkhun and Onew oppas maybe your typical boy-next-door, but they’re actually very sensitive and sweet.” She remarked.

 

“What are you their stalker?”, Tao spoke earning a nudge from Art.

 

“...”, Fern was speechless.

 

“You can actually tell just from observing them... She’s right though. They’re good people.”, Art joined in saving Fern from further explaining.

 

“Yeah. I guess you guys are right. Taecyeon hyung and the rest of the UC from the basketball varsity are really friendly and accommodating. Jonghyun hyung even gave me some tips on proper foot placement in making free throws. ”, Derrick added.

 

“Taemin hyung’s very cool. When Ms. Kahi (Park Kahi-Dance instructor) corrected me because my timing wasn’t perfect, hyung actually volunteered to help me.”, Sehun joined.

 

“Victoria unnie’s also super nice. To be honest, I was really intimidated when I saw her, but she was really down-to-earth.” Kylie also told her experience with an UC member.

 

Dani also spoke, sharing her encounter with a UC member, “Aiden oppa actually gave me his extra guitar string when one of mine broke and he also helped me place it on...”

 

“See. Cinha! I told you guys! [Sigh] You should’ve been there... Plus, it turns out incentives we’re given to students that volunteered.”, Kat bragged.

 

“Ah cincha! I didn’t know there was...[Pouts]”, Hayoung said sulking.

 

“Don’t do that.”, Sehun turned to Hayoung earning a merong from the latter.

 

“Besides, it’s not our fault we had band rehearsals.”, Daniel sulked like Hayoung and stuck his tongue out to Kat in particular. He was talking about their band (The Forward).

 

“Who cares man... Me... I just wanna go through high school quickly. Then I can get out of this town.”, Tao spoke making the atmosphere tense.

 

“Tao...”, Dani turned to him.

 

“Y-yah! So who’s excited for tomorrow? I know I am!”, Derrick spoke to liven up the atmosphere once again.

 

“You know what excites me? To see those hot Noonas performing!!”, Eric exclaimed earning laughs from his friends.

 

“Yah! Is that all you think about!”, Coleen retorted smacking his head again.

 

“[Sigh] I’m excited for the special performance... Can’t wait till tomorrow.”, Fern said with a smile.

 

 

------------------------------

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

I placed this side chapter for a reason. :)

Since this particular fic of mine will be very, very long. So a few minor characters will be introduced some time in the story. So remember this people, ayt? They were inspired by me being Filipino and EXO. Thus, Tao and Sehun. :D

With my lack of f(x) activities I got really bored, and this is what it got me: being an EXO fan. Hahaha.

 

Anyway, please continue. :DD

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Saturday |July 2, 2011| 7:00 PM

 

Today marks the day of St. Martin Academy’s Freshman concert.

 

 

“Settle down, settle down. We’ll begin in a few minutes.”, Prof. Kim (Shinyeong) said to the rowdy audience.

 

“Good evening everyone! Welcome to-”, Prof. Kang (Hodong) greeted.

 

“SMA’s Freshman concert 2011!”. Prof. Ju (Jaesuk) and Prof. Darcy (Eugene) spoke simultaneously continuing the greeting.

 

“How’s everybody doing tonight? Y’all pretty excited about the concert?”, Prof. Ju spoke and the students answered him with a roaring YES.

 

“Before we start, may we ask everyone to stand up for the opening prayer to be led by Prof. Han.”, Prof. Darcy informed.

 

The event started with a prayer from Prof. Han (Chaeyoung), then onto the opening message of Dr. Seo.

 

“Thank you for that wonderful message Dr. Seo.”, Prof. Darcy spoke.

 

“Now, to start the concert. A song from our music club!”, Prof. Kang with excitement earning another round of applause from the audience.

 

They were all wearing white and black outfits; even the band club who were playing behind them.

 

Music club outfits:

 

 

Glee cast - Somebody to Love (Queen cover)

[Refer to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU3biwWm-tw]

 

[Kyuhun] Can...

[ALL] anybody find me somebody to love?

[Henry on piano]

 

[Seohyun] Each morning I get up I die a little

Can barely stand on my feel

[Kyuhun]Take a look in the mirror and cry

Lord what you're doing to me

[Seohyun] I have spent all my years in believing you

But I just can't get no relief, Lord!

[Kyuhun] Somebody, somebody

[ALL] Can anybody find me-

[Kyuhun] somebody to love?


[Onew] I work hard every day of my life

I work till I ache my bones

At the end, I take home my hard earned pay all on my own –

[Luna] I get down on my knees

And I start to pray

Till the tears run down from my eyes

[Seungri and Bom] Lord - somebody - somebody

Can anybody find me –

somebody to love?
 

[ALL] (He works hard) [Seungri] Everyday - I try and I try and I try –

[Bom] But everybody wants to put me down

They say I'm goin' crazy

[Onew] They say I got a lot of water in my brain

Got no common sense

I got nobody left to believe

Yeah - yeah yeah yeah

[Aiden’s guitar solo]


[ALL] Oh Lord

[Kyuhyun] Somebody – somebody

Can anybody find me somebody to love?
Got no feel, I got no rhythm

I just keep losing my beat

 

[Seohyun] I'm ok, I'm alright

Ain't gonna face no defeat

[Kyuhyun and Seohyun] I just gotta get out of this prison cell

Someday I'm gonna be free, Lord!
[ALL] Find me somebody to love

Find me somebody to love (11x)

Can anybody find me-

[Luna] somebody to love?

[Seohyun] Somebody find me [Kyuhun] (Find me)

[Seohyun] Somebody find me

[ALL] Find me- To love

[Luna] Somebody to love

[Onew] Somebody, somebody, somebody

[Bom] Somebody to love [Seungri] (Love)

[Luna] Somebody to love

[Onew] Somebody to love

[Seohyun] Find me-somebody-[Kyuhun and Seohyun accompanied by ALL]to love

 

“Wow! I-I’m speechless.”, Prof. Darcy commented.

 

“Haha. Right you are Prof. Darcy! But it seems that the performances are just going to get better because the next one would be a collaboration from the music and dance club!”, Prof. Ju exclaimed.

 

“Omo! Then they would be joined by the drama club, making it a triple threat collaboration! Omo omo!”, Prof. Kand happily announced.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen the members of music, dance and drama clubs!”, Prof. Darcy introduced earning a loud round of cheers.

 

The stage suddenly had a more dramatic background (thanks to the art club), with the music club standing at the back. Two dancers from the dance club, Junho and Hyoyeon did a ballet with a flare of hip-hop dance interpretation of the song.

 

Glee cast - No Air (Jordin Sparks Ft. Chris Brown)

[For dance choreography refer to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRNVyGOkxb4&feature=related]

 

[Seohyun] If I should die before I wake
It's 'cause you took my breath away
Losing you is like living in a world with no air
Oh

[Kyuhyun] I'm here alone, didn't wanna leave
My heart won't move, it's incomplete
Wish there was a way that I can make you understand

But how do you expect me
to live alone with just me
'Cause my world revolves around you
It's so hard for me to breathe

[ALL] Tell me how I'm supposed to breathe with no air
Can't live, can't breathe with no air
It's how I feel whenever you ain't there
It's no air, no air

[Nickhun’s violin solo]
[ALL] Tell me how I'm supposed to breathe with no air
Can't live, can't breathe with no air
It's how I feel whenever you ain't there
It's no air, no air

 

The stage suddenly went black while the people gave their applause. When the lights went back, the background was replaced by a picture of New York City made from a collage of pictures courtesy of the art and photography club. Three layered bleachers were placed in front of the background for a more relaxed feel where the music club members were seated at. In front of them were dancers standing up on their respective pyramidal positions. Sulli, Suzy and Jiyoung were at the back, followed by Nicole, Key and Hara in front; Taemin was at the center. They were all wearing casual clothes.

 

The music started to play. Aiden and Henry were replaced by their co-band club members because they had to sing.

 

Glee cast - Empire State of Mind (Jay-Z Ft. Alicia Keys cover)

[For dance choreography refer to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfcw60AXPPs&feature=related]

 

[Aiden] Yeah, I'm ma up at Brooklyn, 
Now I'm down in Tribeca, 
Right next to DeNiro, 
But I'll be hood forever, 
I'm the new Sinatra, 
And since I made it here, 
I can make it anywhere, 
Yeah they love me everywhere, 

[Henry] I used to cop in Harlem, 
All of my Dominicanos
Right there up on Broadway, 
Brought me back to that McDonald's, 
Took it to my stash spot, 
5-60 State street, 
Catch me in the kitchen like a Simmons whipping Pastry, 

[TOP] Cruising down 8th street, 
Off white Lexus, 
Driving so slow but BK is from Texas, 
Me I'm up at Bed Study, 
Home of that boy Biggie, 
Now I live on billboard, 
And I brought my boys with me, 

Say what up to Ty Ty, still sipping Mai-tai
Sitting court side Knicks and Nets give me high fives, 
N-gga I be Spiked out, I can trip a referee, 
Tell by my attitude that I most definitely from


[ALL] In New York, 
Concrete jungle where dreams are made of, 
There's nothing you can't do, 
Now you're in New York, 
These streets will make you feel brand new, 
The lights will inspire you, 
Let's hear it for New York, New York, New York

 

 

The music suddenly faded and the lights went off again. The glee clubs members were gone as well as the NYC setting replaced by a giant windows as the new background. The lights were dimmed, and the dancers were still there only now, they doubled in size. Victoria and a guy named Eunhyuk served as the main dancers.

 

Step Up 1 Final Dance scene

[For dance choreography refer to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7Hmrf0GTso]

 

After a standing ovation from the audience, Prof. Darcy spoke. “A triple threat indeed!”

 

“You mean a threat for K-pop super stars! They need to watch out because our students are coming for them.”, Prof. Ju complimented causing laughter from everyone.

 

“I know right! Cincha! Aigoo. These kids are going to be big someday I tell you!”, Prof. Kang joined in.

 

“Speaking of the future. Here comes the representatives for freshman everywhere, the band ‘The Forward’!”, Prof. Darcy said.

 

Another set of applause were heard after the band finished playing.

 

Daebak!”, Prof. Ju exclaimed.

 

“They really did justice to their year. Now let’s see if the next act would be able to top the previous ones. Let’s give it up for Deathbed for Juliet. ”, Prof. Kang said launching the UC juniors’ band.

 

The UC juniors were all wearing casual clothes, but it had a theme; they were wearing artist/band shirts.

 

Aiden, Taemin, Henry, Minho and Onew’s outfits (from L-R):

 

 

 

Aiden started the song with his beats (drums), with Henry following with the bass and Taemin with the keyboard. Minho was the playing the lead while Onew on the rhythm guitar.

 

All Star Weekend - Yeah3x (Chris Brown cover)


[Onew] Move your body out on the floor
Put your troubles aside, and start livin'
Anybody can let go
Throw away all your problems, 'cause right now it's party time
Girl, don't feel outta place
'Cause I, I'm in love with this feelin' now, now ah
Hope that this will last a while, we should make it last a while

[Onew] You like to drink? [ALL] Yeah
So do we, [ALL] Yeah
Get more bottles, [ALL] Yeah
Bring 'em to me, [ALL] Yeah
Hold your glasses up, People everywhere
Now everybody put your hands in the air, Say

[ALL] Yeah, yeah, yeah! [Onew] Girl I wanna
[ALL] Yeah, yeah, yeah! [Onew] I wanna see you tonight
[ALL] Yeah, yeah, yeah! [Onew] Girl I gotta
[ALL] Yeah, yeah, yeah! [Onew] I gotta see you tonight

[ALL] Oh, Whoa-oh, (dance), oh
[Onew] Let me see your hands
[ALL] Oh, Whoa-oh, (dance), oh
[Onew] Tonight is the night

[Onew] Just in the moment, Can't believe
You're so beautiful, Feels like I'm in a dream
Baby we're going somewhere you've never been before
So take my hand and come with me.
Girl, don't feel outta place
'Cause I, I'm in love with this feelin' now, now ah
Hope that this will last a while, we should make it last a while

[Onew] You like to drink? [ALL] Yeah
So do we, [ALL] Yeah
Get more bottles, [ALL] Yeah
Bring 'em to me, [ALL] Yeah
Hold your glasses up, People everywhere
Now everybody put your hands in the air, Say

[ALL] Yeah, yeah, yeah! [Onew] Girl I wanna
[ALL] Yeah, yeah, yeah! [Onew] I wanna see you tonight
[ALL] Yeah, yeah, yeah! [Onew] Girl I gotta
[ALL] Yeah, yeah, yeah! [Onew] I gotta see you tonight


[ALL] Oh, Whoa-oh, (dance), oh
[Onew] Let me see your hands
[ALL] Oh, Whoa-oh, (dance), oh
[Onew] Tonight is the night

[Onew] All the pretty young girls at the party, [Minho] Let me see your hands up
And if they mad and they don't wanna party, [Minho] Tell them shut the hell up
So DJ turn it loud, Then watch me turn it up
Don't worry about it, We here to party so

[ALL] Jump, jump, jump, jump

[Onew] Girl I wanna, I wanna see you tonight
Girl I gotta I gotta I gotta
I gotta see you tonight

[ALL] Yeah, yeah, yeah! [Onew] Girl I wanna
[ALL] Yeah, yeah, yeah! [Onew] I wanna see you tonight
[ALL] Yeah, yeah, yeah! [Onew] Girl I gotta
[ALL] Yeah, yeah, yeah! [Onew] I gotta see you tonight

[Onew] I gotta see you tonight
[Onew] I gotta see you tonight

 

 

Applause immediately followed after their first song.

 

“Hey everyone. How’s everybody doing tonight? Hope you guys are having a good show.. Our next song goes out to all the ladies out there.”, Onew described.

 

The second song started with all of them singing the intro and Minho’s introductory guitar solo.

 

Pierce the Vail - Just the Way You are (Bruno Mars cover)

 

Onew sang the whole song; sometimes with the band backing him up vocally.

 

The UC seniors and the rest of the juniors were watching their juniors intently also cheering them loudly from time to time.

 

“Woah! Taemin really looks hot playing the keyboards Ssul.”, Hyuna turned to Sulli not getting any response from the latter due to her attention being solely on Taemin.

 

Like Sulli, Krystal was also focused on a certain someone; that being Aiden.

 

Onew started their last song with Taemin accompanying him on the keys.

 

Far East Movement Ft. Ryan Tedder - Rocketeer

 

[Onew] Here we go, come with me
There’s a world out there that we should see
Take my hand, close your eyes
With you right here, I’m a rocketeer

Let’s fly [Minho] (fly,fly,fly,fly)
[Minho] Up, up here we go, go
Up, up here we go, go

[Onew] Let’s fly [Minho] (fly,fly,fly,fly)
Up, up here we go, go
[Minho] Where we stop nobody knows


[Minho] Where we go, we don’t need roads
And where we stop nobody knows
To the stars if you really want it
Got a jetpack with your name on it
Above the clouds and the atmosphere
Say the words and we outta here
Hold my hand if you feelin scared
We’re flyin up, up outta here

 

[Onew ] Here we go, come with me
There’s a world out there that we should see
Take my hand, close your eyes
With you right here, I’m a rocketeer

Let’s fly [Minho] (fly,fly,fly,fly)
[Minho] Up, up here we go, go
Up, up here we go, go

[Onew] Let’s fly [Minho] (fly,fly,fly,fly)
Up, up here we go, go
[Minho] Where we stop nobody knows


[Henry] Baby, we can stay fly like a G6
Shop the streets of Tokyo, get your fly kicks
Girl, your always on my mind
Got my head up in the sky
And I’m never lookin down, feelin priceless
Yeah, where we at? only few have known
Were on some next level, super mario
I hope this works out, cardio
Until then let’s fly
Geronimo

 

[Onew] Here we go, come with me
There’s a world out there that we should see
Take my hand, close your eyes
With you right here, I’m a racketeer

Let’s fly

 

Aiden’s gaze fell onto Krystal right before he sang his line.


[Aiden] Yo, now I ain’t ever been to space before
But I ain’t never seen a face like yours
You make me feel like I can touch the planets
You want the moon girl, watch me grab it
See, I ain’t ever seen a star this close
You got me stuck by the way you glow
I’m like oh, oh, oh, oh
I’m like oh, oh, oh, oh

 

[Onew ] Here we go, come with me
There’s a world out there that we should see
Take my hand, close your eyes
With you right here, I’m a rocketeer

Let’s fly [Minho] (fly,fly,fly,fly)
[Minho] Up, up here we go, go
Up, up here we go, go

[Onew] Let’s fly [Minho] (fly,fly,fly,fly)
Up, up here we go, go
[Minho] Where we stop nobody knows

 

Gosh Aiden. What are you doing to me?  Krystal can feel her heart pounding again.

 

 

Saturday |July 2, 2011| 8:00 PM

 

 

Cheers and yells from all angles can be heard from everyone around.

 

They were chanting one name repeatedly “Upper Crust! Upper Crust!”

 

“Woah that was terrific! But I think the audience want an encore.”, Prof. Kang said.

 

The students changed their chanting to “Encore! Encore! Encore!”

 

Because of that Aiden and his friends came back to their respective positions with smiles on their faces.

 

“You guys want one more?”, Onew shouted to which the audience replied positively.

 

The introduction of the song started with all of the guys harmonizing together.

 

The Down Town Fiction - Super Bass (Nicki Minaj Cover)

 

[Minho] This one is for the girls with the booming system
Top down, AC with the cooling system
When she come up in the club, she be blazin' up
Got stacks on deck like she savin' up

[Aiden] And she ill, she real, she might got a deal
She pop bottles and she got the right kind of bill
She cold, she dope, she might drink coke
She always in the air, but she never fly coach
She a mothering trip, trip, sailor of the ship, ship
When she make it drip, drip kiss her on the lip, lip
That's the kind of girl I was lookin' for
And yes you'll get slapped if you're lookin' hoe

 

Aiden now wearing his cap back wards turned to Krystal again right before singing his next lines.


I said, excuse me, you're a hell of a dime
I mean my, my, my, you're like pelican fly
I mean, you're so shy and I'm loving your smile

 

Aiden started to smile right after he sung that line ‘causing louder shrieks from the female audiences and an even flushed Krystal.


You're like slicker than the guy with the thing on his eye, oh
Yes I did, yes I did, somebody please tell him who the F we is
We are Deathbed for Juliet mack them chicks up, back coupes up, and chuck the deuce up

[Onew] Girl you got my heartbeat runnin' away
Beating like a drum and it's coming your way
Can't you hear that boom, badoom, boom, boom, badoom, boom, bass
[Minho] She got that super bass
That boom, badoom, boom, boom, badoom, boom, bass
[Minho] Yeah that super bass
(Boom, boom, boom, boom.. Boom, boom, boom, boom)
Boom, badoom, boom, boom, badoom, boom, she got that super bass
Boom, badoom, boom, boom, badoom, boom, yeah that super bass

[Henry] This one is for the girls in the polos
Entrepreneur chicks in the nolos
She could ball with the crew, she could solo
But I think I like her better when she dolo
And I think I like her better with her fitted dress on
She ain't even gotta try to put this dress on
She just gotta give me that look, when she give me that look
Then the comin' off, off, uh

[Aiden] Excuse me, you're a hell of a girl you know I really got a thing for American girls
I mean, sigh, sickenin' eyes I can tell that you're in touch with your feminine side
Yes I did, yes I did, somebody please tell her who the F we is
We are Deathbed for Juliet mack them chicks up, back coupes up, and chuck the deuce up

[Onew] Girl you got my heartbeat runnin' away
Beating like a drum and it's coming your way
Can't you hear that boom, badoom, boom, boom, badoom, boom, bass
She got that super bass
That boom, badoom, boom, boom, badoom, boom, bass
Yeah that super bass
(Boom, boom, boom, boom.. Boom, boom, boom, boom)
Boom, badoom, boom, boom, badoom, boom, she got that super bass
Boom, badoom, boom, boom, badoom, boom, yeah that super bass

 

The women started another uproar when it was Taemin who was singing next.
 

[Taemin] See I need you in my life for me to stay
No, no, no, no, no I know you'll stay
No, no, no, no, no don't go away
Girl you got my heartbeat runnin' away
Can't you feel my heartbeat comin' your way
Oh it be like, boom, badoom, boom, boom, badoom, boom, bass
It be like boom, badoom, boom, boom, badoom, boom, bass, bass

[Onew] Girl you got my heartbeat runnin' away
Beating like a drum and it's coming your way
Can't you hear that boom, badoom, boom, boom, badoom, boom, bass
She got that super bass
That boom, badoom, boom, boom, badoom, boom, bass
Yeah that super bass
(Boom, boom, boom, boom.. Boom, boom, boom, boom)
(Boom, boom, boom, boom.. Boom, boom, boom, boom)
Boom, badoom, boom, boom, badoom, boom, she got that super bass
Boom, badoom, boom, boom, badoom, boom, yeah that super bass

 

“Awesome encore performance from our UC juniors!”, Prof. Kang spoke.

 

“Have you seen the faces of the ladies? They’re fanning themselves! Right Prof. Darcy?”, Prof. Ju turned to his colleague only to see her fanning herself as well.

 

This made everyone laugh.

 

“Because Prof. Darcy is still trying to get a hold of reality; let me introduce our next performers the junior band, MBLAQ!”, Prof. Ju said.

 

The next band that played were ‘Restorations’, a band composed of senior students.

 

“Alright! Wonderful performance from ‘Restorations’. [Looks at the MC card] Now it seems that we have our first special stage.”, Prof. Hodong spoke.

 

“Correct Prof. Kang! Everyone! The Kang sisters!!”, Prof. Darcy introduced.

 

Jessica and Krystal Jung - Tik Tok (Kesha cover)

[Refer to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8uv6hlwIfI]

 

“Wow! I bet it’s the guys turn to fan themselves now!”, Prof. Ju said.

 

“How ‘bout we let them fan themselves more? Let’s welcome another number from the music club members. Let’s give it up for Seohyun, Krystal and Luna!”, Prof. Kang introduced.

 

Krystal, Seohyun and Luna’s outfits (from L-R):

 

 

Adele - Set Fire To The Rain

 

[Krystal] I let it fall, my heart,
And as it fell you rose to claim it
It was dark and I was over
Until you kissed my lips and you saved me

 

Aiden was mesmerized from watching Krystal, even though he was watching from backstage. It reminded him of the time Krystal sang while playing the piano. He felt the words she was singing imersely.


My hands, they're strong
But my knees were far too weak,
To stand in your arms
Without falling to your feet

But there's a side to you
That I never knew, never knew.
All the things you'd say
They were never true, never true,
And the games you play
You would always win, always win.

[ALL] But I set fire to the rain,
Watched it pour as I touched your face,
Well, it burned while I cried
'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name!

[Seohyun] When I lay with you
I could stay there
Close my eyes

 

Krystal was still nervous eventhough she was done with her first part of the song. She couldn’t help but turn towards her side; it was like something was telling her to look there. When she did, she saw Aiden watching her intently.


Feel you here forever
You and me together
Nothing is better


'Cause there's a side to you
That I never knew, never knew,
All the things you'd say,
They were never true, never true,
And the games you play
You would always win, always win.

[ALL] But I set fire to the rain,
Watched it pour as I touched your face,
Well, it burned while I cried
'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name!

I set fire to the rain
And I threw us into the flames
When we fell, something died
'Cause I knew that that was the last time, the last time!

[Luna] Sometimes I wake up by the door,
That heart you caught must be waiting for you
Even now when we're already over
I can't help myself from looking for you.

[Luna] I set fire to the rain,
Watched it pour as I touched your face,
Well, it burned while I cried
'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name

[ALL] I set fire to the rain,
And I threw us into the flames
When we fell, something died
'Cause I knew that that was the last time, the last time, ohhhh!

[Seohyun] Oh noooo
[Krystal] Let it burn, oh
Let it burn
Let it burn

 

After their number Prof. Ju and Prof. Kang were seen off to the sides fanning themselves, making everyone laugh.

 

Right after their performance Krystal bumped into none other than Aiden who was getting ready for another performance. He almost dropped the guitar he was holding if it weren’t for Nichkhun who was walking behind him.

 

“Aiden, come on!”, Nichkhun called Aiden’s attention who was rather focused on the

 

“Please pardon my colleagues everyone. Any minute now they’re going to have a major MAJOR nosebleed from all the talent we’ve seen especially those three wonderful ladies from glee club. [the audience laughs] Now, our next number would be another one from music club. This time it’s the guys’ turn. So everyone the boys from the music club!”, Prof. Darcy introduced.

 

The guys were wearing all black outfits; black jeans and black tops.

 

Aiden, Henry, Onew, Nichkhun, and Kyuhyun’s outfits (from L-R):

 

 

The song started with Henry on the piano followed by Aiden on the acoustic guitar.

 

Alex Goot - Rolling in the Deep/Someone Like You/Turning Tables Mash-up (Adele cover)

 

[Kyuhyun] We could have had it all
Rolling in the deep
You had my heart inside of your hand
And you played it to the beat

There's a fire starting in my heart

[Nickhun (violin) leading the string ensemble]
Reaching a fever pitch and
It's bringing me out the dark
Finally I can see you crystal clear
Go ahead and sell me out
And I'll lay your ship bare

See how I'll leave with every piece of you
Don't underestimate the things that I will do

[Yesung] The scars of your love remind me of us
They keep me thinking that we almost had it all
The scars of your love, they leave me breathless
I can't help feeling

[ALL] We could have had it all
Rolling in the deep
You had my heart inside of your hand
And you played it to the beat

[Onew] Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you, too
Don't forget me, I beg
I remember you said
"Sometimes it lasts in love,
But sometimes it hurts instead"
Sometimes it lasts in love
But sometimes it hurts instead, yeah

[Kyuhyun] I can’t keep up with your turning tables, under your thumb,I can't breathe...
[Onew] So I won’t let you close enough to hurt me
No I won’t ask you you’re the justice on me
[Kyuhyun and Onew]I can’t give you all you think you gave me
[Kyuhyun] Time to say goodbye to turning tables, turning tables

[Onew] There's a fire starting in my heart

[ALL] We could have had it all
Rolling in the deep
You had my heart inside of your hand
And you played it to the beat

 

[ALL] We could have had it all ([Onew] Never mind, I'll find someone like you)
[ALL] Rolling in the deep
You had my heart inside of your hand ([Kyuhyun] I won’t let you close enough to hurt me)
And you played it to the beat

 

[ALL] We could have had it all

[Yesung] I won’t let you close enough to hurt me
[ALL] Rolling in the deep

[Onew] No I won’t ask you you’re the justice on me
[ALL] You had my heart inside of your hand

[Kyuhyun] So I won’t let you close enough to hurt me
[ALL] Rolling in the deep
And you played it to the beat

[Onew] Never mind, I'll find someone like you



[Yesung] Sometimes it lasts in love
But sometimes it hurts instead
[Kyuhyun] Time to say goodbye to turning tables, [Onew] turning tables

 

“Another great performance from the music club’s members!”, Prof. Ju praised.

 

“That’s right! Perfect harmonies and timing.”, Prof. Kang added.

 

“Now, here’sanother performance that will showcase the synchronization of our students. Presenting our dance club members!”, Prof.Darcy exclaimed.

 

Step Up 3D Robo Dance

[For dance choreography refer to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKIgbR_V8fs&feature=related]

 

The main dancers involved were: Eunhyuk, Taemin, Junho, Wooyoung, Kikwang, Taeyang, Leejoon, Key, Victoria, Nicole, Hara, Hyoyeon, Min, Jia and Fei.

 

“Daaaebak!! What powerful moves!”, Prof. Kang excitedly said.

 

“Now that’s what I call a showdown. Oooh you got served”, Prof. Ju said making like a hip-hop pose, earning laughter from the students.

 

“Served with lots of talent that is!”, Prof. Darcy proudly said.

 

“The next performance would surely show another round of talents. Here they are the Lee brothers, Jonghyun and Aiden!”, Prof. Kang introduced.

 

Jonghyun was already standing at the center of the stage singing the song.

 

Jonghyun’s outfit:

  

 

Justin Beiber Ft. Jaden Smith - Never Say Never

 

[Jonghyun] Never say never
Yeah Yeah
Never ever ever ever ohh

See I never thought that I could walk through fire.
I never thought that I could take the burn.
I never had the strength to take it higher,
Until I reached the point of no return.

And there's just no turning back,
When your hearts under attack,
Gonna give everything I have,
It's my destiny.

 

Aiden was not on stage yet but his voice can be heard singing with Jonghyun.


[Jonghyun] I will never say never! [Aiden] (I will fight)
I will fight till forever! [Aiden]  (make it right)

[Jonghyun] Whenever you knock me down,
I will not stay on the ground.
Pick it up,
Pick it up,
Pick it up,
Pick it up up up,
And never say never.

Ne-Never say never
Ne-Never say never
Ne-Never say never
Never say it never never say it

I never thought I could feel this power.
I never thought that I could feel this free.
I'm strong enough to climb the highest tower.
And I'm fast enough to run across the sea.Ohh

And there's just no turning back,
When your hearts under attack,
Gonna give everything I have,
Because this is my destiny.

I will never say never! (I will fight) [Aiden] (never say never)
I will fight till forever! [Aiden] (make it right)

[Jonghyun] Whenever you knock me down,
I will not stay on the ground.
Pick it up,
Pick it up,
Pick it up,
Pick it up, up, up,
And never say never.

 

Aiden suddenly shows up from the back part of the auditorium. He came from the other side of the room surprising the audience and causing louder shrieks than before. Aiden skipped towards the stage while rapping his part; interacting with some of the audience while doing so.

 

Aidens’s outfit:

 


[Aiden] Here we go!
Guess who?
AJ and J. Lee!

 

The interaction between the two brothers (high five with a short hug) caused the girls inside the stadium to go ballistic.


[Jonghyun] I gotcha lil bro.
[Aiden] I can handle him.
Hold up, I
I can handle him.

 

Now he's bigger than me,
Taller than me.
And he's older than me,
And stronger than me.
And his arms a little bit longer than me.
But he ain't on a J. Lee song with me!

 

Aiden was doing his part with suave and swag; while Jonghyun was just standing still with his arms cross and doing a pose with it.


[Aiden] I be trying a chill
They be trying to side with the thrill.
No pun intended, was raised by the power of Lee.

Like Luke with the force, when push comes to shove.
Like Cobe with the 4th, ice water with blood. [Jonghyun] (let's go)

[Aiden] I gotta be the best, and yes
[Both] We're the flyest.
[Aiden] Like David and Goliath,
[Both] We conquered the giant.
[Aiden] So now we got the world in my hand,
We were born from two stars
[Both] So the moon's where we land!

 

They separated from the center of the stage and went towards both ends.


[Aiden] I will never say never! [Jonghyun] (I will fight)
[Aiden] (never say it never never say it)
[Jonghyun] I will fight till forever! [Aiden] (make it right)
[Jonghyun] Whenever you knock me down,
I will not stay on the ground.
Pick it up,
Pick it up,
Pick it up,
Pick it up, up, up,
[Both] And never say never.

 

They met at the center again interacting with each other.


[Both] We will never say never! (I will fight)
[Aiden] (never say it never never say it)
[Both] We will fight till forever! [Jonghyun] (make it right)
[Both] Whenever you knock us down,
We will not stay on the ground.
Pick it up,
Pick it up,
Pick it up,
Pick it up, up, up,
And never say never.

[Jonghyun] Ne-Never say never
[Aiden] (never say it)
[Jonghyun] Ne-Never say never
[Aiden] (never say it)
[Jonghyun] Ne-Never say never
[Aiden] (never say it)
[Jonghyun] And never say never


[Jonghyun] Ne-Never say never
[Aiden] (never say it)
[Jonghyun] Ne-Never say never
[Aiden] (never say it)
[Jonghyun] Ne-Never say never

[Both] And never say never, never, never...

 

The audience were up on their feet to give the two brothers a standing ovation. Their friends were shouting both of their names; with some trying to tease them.

 

“God! You’re so y Jong!!”, Taecyeon shouted.

 

“Aiden! Will you have my babies!!”, Chansung joined Taecyeon, causing the rest of the gang to laugh.

 

But even so, their screams were covered by the loud yells of the audience.

 

“Woah!! Are these the loudest screams yet?”, asked Prof. Darcy.

 

“I think it is! But man oh man! The performance was oozing with stage presence from those two siblings.”, Prof. Ju commented.

 

“You know what I loved about their performance? Their cool jackets! Aigoo! I wonder if they have in my size. Hmm.”, Prof. Kang said while rubbing his chin.

 

“Now, as we let Prof. Kang think about his own leather jacket. Let us welcome the all-girl band ‘She knows Me’!!”, Prof. Darcy announced.