Therapy

Love Me and I Die

No, this was nowhere near what I had in mind. I mean, all I meant to be was just friends, not more than that. But he loved me? –Why did I feel so happy?— But I guess the things we did weren’t really what just friends did. Friends didn’t cuddle, go on dates, kiss, hug, etc. If only I wasn’t so oblivious to everything.


I couldn’t think.

My thoughts would always race and scatter.

I was restless.

I was going crazy.

So I went to visit my therapist. I couldn’t stand this weird feeling inside me anymore, so after pacing for hours in my apartment, I finally grabbed my jacket and went on a walk. I thought the walk would calm me down, but every time I heard the crunch of a leaf under my foot, or felt the cool fall wind in my face, I would think of the day at the park with him.

As I finally arrived at the clinic, I surprisingly calmed down. Well, I had to think of something to say…since this wasn’t exactly a problem I guess. My therapist already thought I was crazy so whatever.

“Hi Eun-Mi,” The therapist said with a fake smile on her lips. “How can I help you today?” She was wearing the usual businesslike uniform, and her nametag that said “Lily”.

“Um, I’m not exactly sure…” I thought for a while. “What does it feel like to love someone?” I was treading the waters of a dangerous territory where anything could happen. If I wasn’t careful, or didn’t know, then that would mean…he…no way.

 The therapist was silent for a few moments. “Hmm, is there a guy in your life?” Was she thinking that I couldn’t even get a boyfriend?

“Yes there is…but I thought that he was just a friend.” I observed carefully, and caught the flash of disbelief on her face.

“Hmm…What would you do if another girl came and tried to steal him?”

“I would kil—uh keep that from happening.” I gave a small reassuring smile.

“How would you feel if he ignored you?” The questions came faster and faster.

“How would you feel if he didn’t want to see you again?”

“How would you feel if he died?”

I started answering them at the same fast pace that she asked them.

“I would be so lonely.”

“That would never happen!”

“NO! HE CAN’T DIE. I WON’T LET THIS HAPPEN.” Did she know about my curse? Did she know why I was there in the first place? Did she know what might happen?

“Eun-Mi, calm down. Take deep breaths. In and out. Inhale and exhale.” I followed her advice and immediately felt a bit better.

“Yeah, you’re definitely in love with him. Congratulations!” She said a bit too happily. Was she mocking me?

Wait…did I hear right? She said I was in love with him?

My eyes widened in alarm as I realized that if this kept going on, it would be only a matter of time before my curse—

I ran out of the room.

Was I really…in love?

 

Another short update. Comment? xP