Reality

Love Me and I Die

My eyes widened in disbelief as he stepped into the path of a speeding truck.

 “SEUNGRI!” I shouted as loud as I could, and my voice even cracked. The problem was, he didn’t seem to have heard my voice. I dropped all my bags and ran towards him as fast as I could. He kept walking and bent down to pick something up from the ground right in the path of the truck. But it seemed that neither Seungri, nor the driver had seen each other.

This was the first time I actually witnessed my curse in action.

I ran like the wind and finally caught up to him, just in time. I pushed him as hard as I could, out of the truck’s path. I sighed a little in relief as I watched him land where he was safe, but just then, I heard the horn and squeals coming from the breaks. It struck me and I felt myself fly away from the truck and away from Seungri.

Then suddenly, it felt like time had stopped.

I looked at Seungri and it was like he woke up from something; his eyes became clear again. They focused on me and widened with realization, and I saw the despair that seemed to cloud them again.

BAM!

I hit the pavement road, and the pain itself was already enough to make me unconscious. But it would be okay if I died. Then no one would ever get hurt because of me again.

And he wouldn’t have to die. 


Seungri

I watched as the scene around me froze. The truck was about a meter away from her, and she looked content. Happy that she pushed me away from its path. I looked down and in my hand; I still held the panda charm. Regret surged through me at once when I realized what I had done. I had traded my memory of Eun-Mi for the real Eun-Mi.

As if someone pressed play, the events went back to normal speed and I caught her eye. Her longing gaze was filled with sadness. Then the truck collided with her, sending her backwards. My mind should have been filled with many thoughts but only one seemed clear. She has to survive. Somehow I eventually made it to her, and I saw as her blood spilled out in front of me, reminding me of the last time.

“Eun-Mi…” I gently brushed the bangs off her face as I held on to her hand tightly. I saw her eyelids flutter as she tried to say something.

“Seungri,” she whispered. I put my face closer to hers and tried to make out what she was saying. “I-I lov—” Her words were cut off as the loud sirens came closer. She gripped my hand tightly as if she wanted to make sure I paid attention.

“What, Eun-Mi? What are you saying?” I asked desperately.

But it was too late. I felt her hand gently slip out of mine as she went unconscious.


Eun-Mi

Even after my death, I was being tormented with nightmares.

He couldn’t be dead. He couldn’t be dead. He couldn’t be dead.

My head should have been jumbled with thoughts of all kinds, but I was only left with a helpless sinking feeling in my stomach.

I should have seen this coming. I’m meant to be forever alone.

Why was life so unfair? I wouldn’t ever ask for too much, just to live a normal life.

We finally got to the hospital. They took him to a room, away from me. I sat down in a chair.

I waited forever until the doctor finally came out. He slowly took off his gloves and judging by his facial expressions, he was going to tell me bad news. I already knew what would happen, but no matter how many times I went through this, I would never be prepared for the pain that would come.

“Eun-Mi ssi,” the doctor said. “Come with me,”

I slowly got up from my seat and followed the doctor into the room. I saw a white sheet covering him.

“I’m so sorry…” I heard. The doctor carefully pulled the sheet down.

“Seungri!” I shouted angrily. “How dare you leave me? You promised I wouldn’t be alone anymore, and now you leave me here on this cruel world by myself. How am I supposed to live?” The tears were steadily flowing on their own now as I felt a wave of anguish consume me entirely.

 

You subbies are so awesome (: saranghaeyoooooo