Obsession

Love Me and I Die

I sat down beside the hospital bed, just staring at her.

Eun-Mi, please wake up.

The doctors said that she was in a coma, and they weren’t sure when she was going to wake up…if she did at all.

You senseless girl, you shouldn’t have done that. You better wake up soon.

I took her hand in mine, willing her to have some sort of a reaction.

I love you Eun-Mi.


“I can get one of the agents to do that,” Secretary 3 said.

“I need to do this myself.” I replied with determination.

She sighed. “If you’re sure. Agent Y will train you first though.”

Agent Y led me to a small courtyard that was in the middle of this square-like structured building. It seemed like all the agents were specially trained here, as there was a lot of equipment.

“Have you ever fired a gun before?” Agent Y asked.

I shook my head.

Agent Y sighed. “Okay well you’re just going to have to work hard if you really want to do this.”

We started first with warm-up, by running several laps around the yard. Then we did the basic techniques like punching and kicking, and even worked with a dummy. After what felt like forever, we moved on to handling weapons.

“Pick something.” Agent Y said.

I looked at the collection of weapons laid out in front of me. It had so many, ranging from guns to knives to nunchuks to axes. I stopped at the knife section, picking up the one that looked familiar.

It was one of Eun-Mi’s knives.


I went back to the hospital to check up on Eun-Mi. What I didn’t expect though, was to see him. The face I would never forget. The face that I saw in the surveillance tape of Eun-Mi’s house. The face that I saw in the alley when I first met Eun-Mi.

He was in her hospital room. I silently watched from the small window in the door.

“Eun-Mi…I’m so sorry. This wasn’t meant to happen. You weren’t meant to save him. He was meant to die. Sweetie, you have to get better soon.” He reached over and brushed her bangs away from her face, then kissed her forehead.

Rage abruptly built up inside of me and threatened to escape. It wasn’t just rage though, it was more like disgust. What was his problem? He killed everyone she loved and basically left her alone in life, and he was acting like this?  

I quickly hid in another room as he walked out. He speedily walked by, thankfully without noticing anything, and took the stairs. I waited until I could no longer hear his steps before coming out of my spot and following him. He was very fast, already out the door before I even made it to the second floor. I clutched onto the knife in my pocket, remembering that the moment I have been training for would soon come.


He stopped in the middle of the frozen man-made lake and turned around to face me. I guess he knew that he was being followed all along.

“Are you crazy?” I asked. “Do you have some mental disorder?”

“Excuse me?” he asked back. “Do I even know you?”

“Cut the crap. You clearly came here for a reason.” I glared.

“Ahh, already? I was just having fun.” He smirked.

“You disgust me.” I spat. “Why the hell did you kill everyone that she loved?”

“Wow, you found out that it was me? That was fast panda-boy. I’m impressed.” He nodded. “I watched her every day. Sometimes from outside her window, and sometimes I waited for her on the street she frequents.” He had a faraway look as he recalled.

“But why?”

“Isn’t that obvious? I love her. One day I confessed, but she just called me crazy.”

“So you started killing people?”

“I decided, if she couldn’t love me, she couldn’t love anyone.”

“So what are you going to do now?”

“Kill you.”

He came towards me, and I had the urge to run, but I didn’t. I waited until he threw his punch, and I neatly dodged it while going behind him and kicking him behind his knees. But since he had the advantage in height and weight, one kick wasn’t going to take him down.

“I see you already learned one of her signature moves,” he commented, his face starting to show signs of annoyance.

Suddenly, there was a cracking sound.

I noticed that the ice beneath our feet was starting to break…and realized that he planned this all along. It would be an easy way to kill someone without leaving evidence.

I finally understood that no amount of training would have ever prepared me for this.

We looked at each other, and at once, he pounced on me, pinning me against the ice. I tried to roll out of the way, but his weight was crushingly heavy. After a few tries, I kicked him and finally loosened his grip on me. I quickly rolled out of the way and stood up carefully.

I knew that my weight was putting a lot of pressure on that piece of the ice. I could feel it shifting underneath my feet.

Hurry up, hurry up!

He got up slowly, and with fury in his eyes, he ran over and tried to attack me again. This time though, I sidestepped just in time.

I watched as his eyes widened and he plunged into the freezing depths of the lake.

“You don’t know love. If you truly loved her then you would want her to be happy, even if you’re not a part of her life.”

 

It's coming to an end...really soon. I hope this chapter wasn't too confusing/fast-paced. Anyway, thanks for all the comments! (: