Blood Loss

Love Me and I Die

When I woke up it was late afternoon already. It seemed that after getting so much rest, my injuries were actually almost healed. There would probably be a big scar of my arm later though. I soundlessly walked downstairs and found that no one was home. It was pretty boring since I didn’t know what to do, so I decided to explore some of his house. I slowly limped to the nearest door and opened it. It revealed a staircase going down. I carefully hopped downstairs…

…and found a large music and dance studio in his basement.

“Wow…” I was impressed with how rich he seemed. What did he do for a living?

Feeling a bit hungry, I went back upstairs and walked into the kitchen. Grabbing the nearest ingredients that I could find, I got a pot and cooked them together. Surprisingly, it didn’t taste half bad.

I sat on the couch in the giant living room and while eating, I heard a car pull up to the driveway outside. Seungri must have returned. A few seconds later, he walked into the house.

“Hey, you’re awake.” He said when he saw me.

“Yeah…”

“Are you feeling better?”

“Yeah…”

Then he noticed that I was eating.

“What are you eating?”

“Don’t know. An old woman came to the house while you were gone and gave me a bowl of this and an apple.”

“Did she happen to look like Snow White’s step-mother?”

I pretended to recall the encounter. “Hmm now that you mention it, yeah she did.”

He laughed, and then sat down beside me on the couch.

“Say, what do you do for a living?” I asked. Seungri must have come back from work or something.

“I run my own academy for the arts.” He replied nodding smugly.

“Ahh, so that’s why you have such nice studios in your own basement?”

“What, you saw them?” His eyes widened with disbelief.

“Of course, you always have to be aware of your surroundings. That’s like the most important rule to doing my job.”

“Ahh…” he mumbled awkwardly.

We sat in silence for a while until I got up after I finished eating. He immediately stood up with me and took my bowl while helping me walk over to the kitchen.

“I’m fine; I can take care of myself.” I said shortly.

“Friends are supposed to help each other, don’t forget!” He replied with an innocent look. I sighed. Oh great, what had I gotten myself into?


 “Agent E, come in,” an unclear voice said. “Agent E, are you there?”

I opened my eyes and saw my phone flashing on the table beside the bed. I quickly grabbed it.

“Yes, this is Agent E, over,” I whispered, just in case Seungri heard something. I muffled the speakers as I waited for the reply.

“Agent E, this is Secretary 3 from HQ. Can you report your whereabouts?”

“Umm, I’m not entirely sure actually. But I can report an incident that happened the day after mission X.”

“Go on,” Secretary 3 said.

“An unsub wearing a black hoodie was seen in my building, and led me to an ambush. This unsub is about 5’ 9” and had an ally about the same height in this planned ambush. The incident happened in between two houses in a rich neighbourhood near dusk.”

“Agent E, are you alright?”

“Yes yes I am fine.”

“Is there anyone around you?”

“Not at the moment, but yes, I’m uh staying at my friend’s house now.” I avoided saying more about Seungri…I shouldn’t get him involved any more in this business.

“Okay, well stay put and we’ll send a squad over.”

“No no, there’s no need Secretary 3.”

“Alright then. Secretary 3 over and out.” There was a click sound as Secretary 3 signed off.

I sighed as I put my phone down and lied back down on the bed. It was pretty boring resting and healing injuries. I don’t even know why I listened to Seungri in the first place…but at least he was making an effort to keep me entertained. I hoped that the weekend would be more interesting, and maybe I would be well enough to go back to work.


 “So you want to go explore the studios some more? I’ll give you a tour.” Seungri said after eating breakfast the next day.

“Sure…” I replied as we walked downstairs. Right after he the lights, I was greeted by the giant mirrors on the wall and the shiny hard wood floor. I peered at our reflections in the mirror and took a good look at him. He kind of looked cute with those panda-like eye bags…

“So here’s the dance half of it, and the other side is the music studio.” He walked toward the other side of the room and opened the door.

“Whoa…” I breathed. Everything I looked at seemed to be better than the previous.

I walked in and brushed past some high-tech recording equipment. There was also a room especially for recording on the other side, with a window separating it. He had a notebook on the table, with some writing scribbled in, and a computer with a big screen. I made sure to look at and remember every single detail. On the other side of the room, there were a bunch of piano keyboards and speakers too.

“This place is amazing!”

“Yup, isn’t it?” he grinned. “Want to hear some stuff I made?”

“Sure,” I answered. Seungri the computer and clicked on one of his files. A drum beat started, following by some electronic-like sounds.

“Oh nice bass,” I commented on the speakers. After about a minute or so, it ended.

“You didn’t sing to it?” I asked.

“Nah, I’m in the middle of making lyrics…but if you want to hear one then I can show you too,” he said sheepishly.

“Sure,”

He clicked on another file, and this time, it was a slower song. His melodic, soulful voice immediately caught my attention when it started. I listened to how he sang each word so smoothly, matching well with the song’s expressions. At some point, Seungri started to sing along with the recording.

Listen to the sweet melody I have in mind, it’s for you~

His emotion-filled voice felt like a warm embrace on the coldest of days, like a single ray of sun shining through layers of clouds.

His gaze drifted over to me and he met my eyes.

You are the universe to me oh girl, show me your heart tonight~

Omo. I thought my heart just skipped a beat…ahh, it must have been the blood loss.

 

The lyrics are from Seungri's song "Open the Window" xP