Planned

Love Me and I Die

I got there half an hour early so I could secure the premises before anything else could happen.

“How is your arm?” A voice came out of the blue. I spun around. Seungri was leaning against the wall in a relaxed pose. That made me wonder how long he had been standing there for.

“It’s fine, no thanks to you.” I pouted. I had to wear long sleeves on a hot summer day, just to cover up the bandages that had blood stains on them. “How long have you been standing there for?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Hmm, about half an hour. It took you a while to notice me here.” He smirked, the corners of his mouth curling, when he saw the astounded look written all over my face. I crossed my arms and walked over to him.

“Are we going or not? Let’s get this over with.” I rolled my eyes.


Walking there was a little awkward. At first anyway.

“So…what’s your favourite colour?” Seungri asked. I scoffed at his attempt at a conversation.

“I don’t have a favourite colour. They all look ugly to me.” I replied.

“Aww, you don’t see the beauty in life.”

“Then what’s your favourite colour?” I asked back. “Don’t tell me it’s green.” I remembered that one of my best friends loved the colour green so much that she said she wanted to marry it. They say she died of pneumonia.

“I don’t have a favourite colour. They’re all appealing.” I chuckled at his answer.

We finally arrived that the restaurant and went inside. We found a pretty isolated booth and sat down while the waiter took our orders.

“So what were you doing there yesterday?” I suddenly remembered all of yesterday’s events.

“Oh…uh well I heard that stuff was going on lately, at night by those alleys, so then I decided to check it out.”

Then the waiter came back with plates of delicious looking food. I could smell the kimchi and rice right away.

I put the chopsticks full of food into my mouth and savoured the taste. No wonder Seungri had said that it was a good restaurant. I didn’t bother making conversation so it was silent.

After eating, we headed back to the alley. We walked in silence for a while, when I felt like there was someone watching us.

“Okay, well I guess we’ll part here,” I said once we reached the alley where we met.

“Well, see you around then,” he replied almost hesitantly.

“Or not,” I said as I shrugged and then walked off.

At first, I didn’t really pay much attention to that feeling of being watched. But after we parted and I went home, I thought I started hearing footsteps. I gradually increased my speed, but the footsteps also did. I quickly reached for my knife— but then realized that I didn’t have it with me. I quickly ran in the building. Deciding that the elevator was too slow, I started to run up the stairs. That’s when I noticed that the strange man who was following me had used his umbrella to stop the door from closing, and he came into the building.

It felt like forever to get up to my floor, even though the 5thfloor wasn’t that high up. I made a quick dash from the stairs to my apartment, speedily unlocked and opened the door, and then locked it again right after I got inside. Why was I so paranoid?

Then I heard the footsteps come closer. They halted right outside my door and I cautiously looked through the peephole. All I could see was a hat…then I heard the person try to open the door. I grabbed my biggest butcher knife and waited silently by the door. That’s when the footsteps started to run away. Wary, I grabbed a few smaller knives and waited until the mysterious person entered the elevator, and then I went out.

I watched as the elevator light went down the numbers. It stopped at the 2ndfloor for a while, and then went to the basement. How suspicious…I took the stairs and stopped at the 2ndfloor. I opened the door the slightest crack, but no one was there. I kept walking down the stairs until the basement. Usually there was the sound of the laundry machines here, but they were silent. What I did hear though, was a voice echoing through the basement.

“There’s no doubt that she knew I was following her,” said the person who was stalking me, I guess. Was he talking to himself?

What the heck? Hearing that just made me more curious. What could he possibly want? I stayed silent in my “hiding spot” until I heard the footsteps leave. Without the slightest sound, I opened the door and walked into the basement just in time to see a door swing shut. I crept to the door and pressed my ear against it. I heard the “ding” of the elevator, and the man got on it. 

I followed him about 200 meters behind, hiding behind people occasionally in case he looked behind him. But of course, he didn’t do that since normal people aren’t usually that paranoid. Then he to a small street with mostly residential houses and buildings. I felt that he was going to look behind him again, so I quickly hid behind a car. A couple of seconds later, I came out but he seemed to have disappeared. I could hear my heart pounding loudly in my chest as I grabbed a knife from my pocket. I cautiously walked toward the alley between two houses that I thought he went to.

It was eerily silent…normal people usually aren’t this silen—

 

I hope it's okay...