Weaknesses

My Girlfriend's Best Friend

"That's for Jessica. This one for Tiffany," she punches the same side of my cheek.

"Yah! What the , Yul!" I clench my jaw before I punch her back. "She-"

"She called me crying, Taeng! You-" she doesn't even finsih her words before she jabs her fist into my stomach. " you! I love her!" Her words are effective against me. I look at her distress face while cluthing my stomach. Yuri loves Tiffany? What is this? "I ing love her first but I didn't want to throw away our friendship so I let her go. I watched her smile in your embrace, I watched her laugh at your stupid jokes, I- I- you," she slaps my cheek again but this time it is done with less force. My body falls on the carpeted floor and so does she. She lets out a long exhale before she lies down, holding the spot where I punched her. I follow her and lie down on the carpet as well, sighing at the situation.

"They hurt, you lesbo," I scoff as I gently touch my cheek. "Why did you hit the same spot?"

"To make them more memorable," she chuckles and I snort. "Sorry,"

"I'm sorry too," I close my eyes and rub my forehead. "How come I don't know that you love Tiffany? All this time, Yul," I sigh. "Don't tell me you sleep around because you can't get her?" I glance at her and hear silence as my answer. "You could've told me, you know? Maybe I wouldn't even be in a relationship with her,"

"I met her first but you stole her heart much faster, Taeng. I just- you are the one who made her happy," she replies.

"Sorry, I've disappointed you," I sigh. "So all this time you weren't kidding when you said you wanted her?"

"I've never said-"

"You implied it many many times," I glance at her and she replies me with a sigh. "Why did you slap me? I get it if it was for Tiffany, but you said the slap was for Jessica,"

"My slaps are less impactful than my punches," she chuckles. "Jessica's anger is most likely equal to my slap while Tiffany's one equal to my punch,"

" you," I sigh. "Shouldn't you cheer for me? I'm heartbroken too, ok? How the hell can I get Jessica to like me after I ruin her friendship with her best frie- Ah!" I yelp in pain as Yuri pokes my bruised cheek. "What was that for?"

"You really are the worst. You don't think about Tiffany at all? You only think about yourself,"

"I was kidding, ok?" I  scoff. "Even if I wasn't, why would Jessica want to see me? Our relationship ended when I broke her best friend's heart, Yul. You know it,"

"Who knows?" She sighs and silence engulfs us. Yuri is right; I am selfish. Tiffany, I'm really sorry. But still, Jessica, can I see you again?

"I'm getting an ice pack, do you want one?" I stand up and stare at her bruised cheek. How ugly will the bruise on my cheek look like?

"Of course," she answers in a heartbeat.

"But tell me all about your feelings for Tiffany, don't make me a bad friend for you, Yul. I'm bad in many ways, don't make me feel bad for every thing," 

"Sure," she trails off. "Oh- she told me that you like Jessica, is that true?"

"I- I- uhh-"

"You do," she chuckles bitterly. "As someone who loves Tiffany, I hope Jessica won't ever talk to you again but as your friend, I hope that your love life will turn out well,"

+++

I let out a long exhale when I think about this mess I'm in. I hope that Yuri can fix Tiffany's broken heart and one day the three of us will be fine again, just like in our high school days. 

 

So y= mx+ c or you can use (y- y1)= m(x-x1). It depends on the information you're- is she ok? Why is she hissing? Is her friends not here?

"H-hey, are you ok?" I approach the girl who's down on the ground, holding her foot.

"Cramp," she mumbles.

"Let me help you," I crouch down on the floor and help her to straighten her leg before I gently remove her shoe and massage her foot. "It'll hurt a bit," I stretch the foot and she groans in pain. "Sorry,"

"T-thanks," she smiles at me and I do the same. "Tiffany," she extends her hand.

"Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon," I grasp her hand and stare at those eyes. "You're beautiful,"

"T-thanks,"

 

Guess my weakness has always been beautiful girls.

 

I'm such a .

 

How am I supposed to apologise to Tiffany? What am I supposed to do? I groan and toss around on my bed. Sigh- , the ice. Stay there, icy, heal my cheek. Sigh. What should I do now? Should I just go to Jessica's house and pretend I've never broken her best friend' heart? She would've found out by now. Gahh- Taeyeon, what should you do? Ahh- I don't know what should I do but at least I know what I shouldn't do; I should not drink alcohol. The last time I did that, I became someone's girlfriend for months. It was terrible. I was oh-so-innocent until I met her. She ruined my clean mind. Sigh. But on the bright side, now I know how to please girls. Oh my god, why am I even talking to myself?

I need to see Jessica. She can at least give me a goodbye hug, right? I purse my lips and clench my jaw. I gently touch my cheek and realise that it's not as swollen as it was few hours ago. I give the ice pack a look and notice it has already melted. Sigh. Time to change the ice pack.

+++

I stare at Jessica's apartment door and fiddle with my fingers. What was I thinking? What should I say to her?

 

Hi, I broke your best friend's heart but I like you so please go on a date with me?

Nope

 

Sorry for breaking Tiffany's heart.

Why would I say it to her instead of Fany?

 

You seduced me so I fell out of love and like you instead.

She didn't even did that, it was all my fault.

 

Hi, beautiful.

God, I sound drunk even if I'm not.

 

Sigh. I'm an idiot. I shake my head as I walk to the elevator. Time to go home. Oh- there's a bar nearby, should I give it a visit? Nothing will be wrong as long as I don't drink alcohol. I can order my favorite drink, lime soda, and have a chat with random people then go home. Sounds like a plan.

+++

My stomach feels gassy, my nose hurts after I burp so many times and the gas comes out from it. How long has it been? I've talked to a couple of people about University life, girls, politics, food, everything. I just realise that it's been some time that I talk to strangers. Some of them leave their numbers for me after knowing I'm single and some curses me for loving my girlfriend, scratch that, ex-girlfriend's best friend. Everyone's differe-

"What are you doing here alone, gorgeous?" Someone whispers on my ear and nibbles it. I hold my ear as reflect and look back at the person.

"H-hi?" I awkwardly smile at her.

"Hyuna- wait no, Hyuna unnie for you, little one," she pats my head. "You are?"

"Taeyeon," I fix my gaze at her. She's beautiful and looks slightly older than me. "Are you- have you- you know, graduate or something?" I rub my nape and see her take a seat beside me.

"I'm working," she smiles. "I'm guessing you're still in Uni?" She gulps her one shot of Whiskey and orders for more. "Oh- you have a bruise here," she gently touches my cheek.

"Umm- yeah," I trail off.

"So, what's your story? You look depressed," she chuckles and drinks up her shot again. After I finish telling her my story, she ruffles my hair. "Kids these days,"

"H-hey, I'm not that much younger than you, you know," I frown. "B-but, unnie, what do you think I should do?"

"Let me order you something first" she smiles and mentions 'Long Island Ice Tea' to the bartender. Is she ordering an ice tea for me?

"How do you know I don't drink?"

"Lemon soda, really?" She smiles again and I feel my face flushed. "Try this ice tea, it tastes nice,"

"O-ok," I take a sip of it and feel the burn in my throat. But it's tea so maybe it's just me? "It's alcohol free right?"

"Of course, why would I lie to you?" She mutters and I just nod at her before I sip on my drink again. "So about your problem here, why don't you try to talk to the girl you like? Who was it again? Jessica?"

"Yeah, Jessica," I trail off and stir the ice tea.

"Who knows that she may actually be interested in you as well? Is there any sign that she may like you?" She says before drinking her shot again. She definitely has high alcohol tolerance, unlike Jess- sigh.

"No, why would she?" I chuckle bitterly. "I'm just-"

"Stop thinking so lowly of yourself, hmm?" Her hand reaches out for my face and rests it on my cheek. "I need to go. Talk to her, Taeyeon," she pats my cheek a few times before she stands up and leaves a few dollar notes. "Oh- here's my number," she takes out her lipstick from her purse and writes her number on my forearm. "Do call me," she winks at me before walking away. Why did she go away so fast? I still want to talk to her. I sulk on my seat. Sigh. I grab a few dollar notes from my wallet and leave them on the table to chase after the unnie. I grab her arm and she smiles when she sees me.

"Let me drive you home, unnie," I let go of her arm and look into her eyes.  "You drank a lot,"

"Alright, take me home,"

¤¤¤

I reach unnie's house later than what I expected. I couldn't drive fast enough because of the constant pounding in my head. What's wrong with me? I didn't even drink alcohol. What surprised me wasn't my condition but her apartment address, it was one floor above Jessica's. This world is small indeed.

I didn't want to go to her unit until she told me that I could get medicine for my headache. I had no choice besides accepting the offer. I stare at my feet and clench- unclench my jaw due to the pain when she suddenly cups my face. She corners me in the elevator even when there's someone else who gets inside.

"Are you ok?" She leans closer and whispers in my ear. I shake my head a bit as a reply and sigh. She leans closer again until I can even feel her breath tickling my face.

"Un-unnie, what are you-" I don't finish my sentence as I feel her lips gently nibbling my lower one. I don't know what possessed me but I return the kiss with the same intensity. "You're beautiful, unnie," my hands rest on her waist.

"Taeyeonnie, you-"

"Wow, you really are a jerk," someone scoffs and I widen my eyes at the sudden realisation of the owner of the voice.

"Je-Jessica?" I push Hyuna unnie slightly and see her back. Jessica? Just when I am about to tap her shoulder, the elevator dings and she exits quickly. Jessica saw me kissing someone else? A-after I broke her best friend's heart? "Jessica!" I shout her name and chase after her before the elevator door closes. I grab her hand and turn her body to meet mine. "I- I can explain, I don't know why I did that but I-"

"Leave, Taeyeon," she hisses and yanks away my hand.

"P-please, Sica, I-" 

"I don't want to see you ever again,"


A/N I know there's no Taengsic at all in this chapter except for the last one but the next one will be filled with many of those! I think.. And well, the one who slapped was Yuri!! I trolled all of you for making you think it was Jessica hahaha

Anyway, special thanks to Outtie11, nzone89, fyssul, ben-o9, soshi09080507, altnina31, KTY0903 for voting this!! And sorry for the wrong notification, I pressed the wrong one. Andd thank you for all the subscribers and the comments too! :)

P.s. Long Island Ice Tea is not ice tea, it's an alcoholic drink. Hyuna lied.