Netflix and Chill

My Girlfriend's Best Friend

I can't believe I'm doing this. Clad in my sweater and track pants, I knock on Jessica's door. The moment she opens it, she pulls me into a tight hug.

"Dongwook's family arranged a marriage for him and another girl" she mumbles and it hits me hard like a truck. Why wouldn't he do anything? Isn't he supposed to tell his parents that he's in love with Jessica? "I entered his house only to be humiliated," she bitterly chuckles. "His mom told me that I am thick skinned because apparently, Dongwook has known about this for months and supposedly has told me about it. She thought I was begging for his love," she continues and I pat her back, unsure of what I'm supposed to do with her. The thing is that I'm not someone who can give anyone emotional support, I'm more of a 'I give you logical solutions'. "Sorry to make you come here, I just need someone who would listen to me. Tiff is-"

"It's fine," my hand reaches for the door and closes it. I drag her to the couch to sit down before I take a box of tissue and put it on her lap.

"What am I supposed to do?" She fiddles with her fingers and bits her lips. "I just- it's just-"

"Hey, stop crying," I whisper as I take the tissue and wipe her tears. "You look more horrible than you usually do" I chuckle and she smacks my head, hard. "Why are you crying for such guys?" I say softly and she looks up to me. "Listen, you're not one of those girls who have the face, the body, the attitude and the brain but you have some of them so-" she pinches my arm and I bit my lips. "Listen to me," I pretend to be angry. "So he's the one at loss if he lose you," I fix my gaze on her teary eyes. "You can get anyone you want with the snap of your fingers, Jessica. You're not that bad, I think" This time, a smack on my thighs. "If you fix that grumpy attitude and maybe show off more skin and-"

"Byuntae," she mumbles but I ignore her.

"And that's it, actually. I don't know what else to say," I scratch my not itchy head. God, where's Tiffany when I need her? My girlfriend would definitely be much much better at this.

"Is Tiff your first?" She changes the topic.

"No, she's my fourth? Fifth? I can't remember," I mumble.

"Then how come you're still that inexperienced? Didn't your friends comfort you when you broke up?" She glares at me.

"Nope, because I'm the one who broke it off," I grin and she smacks my thigh, again. If this is her way to release her sadness and pain then so be it; I'd be her punching bag.

"You're the worst," she scoffs before she leans her head on the couch and closes her eyes. "Don't break Tiff's heart or I'll make sure you suffer from it," she suddenly warns me.

"I won't," I answer quickly. "Are you feeling better now?" I glance at her tears strained face.

"I am, actually," she opens her eyes and looks at me. "Thanks for your insults," she snorts and her mucus really comes out.

"Jeez, be more elegant will you?" I press tissues on her nose before I wipe some of the mucus. I notice her face heats up. "No need to be shy, everyone produces mucus too," I and she smacks my thigh, for the third time, before she cleans her own nose.

"You stupid byuntae," she mutters under her breath and I just chuckle.

"But still, you called this stupid byuntae to come here," I again and she purses her lips. I chuckle at her reaction before I put my hand on the part where it hurts most. "You know, you should be a boxer or something, not a fashion designer. You got more skills," I give her two thumbs up and she pushes me off the couch. 

"Goodnight," she mumbles before walking away to her room. She leaves me with burning feeling on my thighs, I sigh. At least I kind of helped her, I think. I'm not sure whether she wants me to stay or not so I just decide to go back home.

I reach my house around 3 a.m. and I sigh. I have morning class tomorrow- today, actually. .

¤¤¤

I enter Jessica's house with a plastic bag filled with different flavours of ice creams; but of course it includes Fany's and my favorite. I left a voice mail for my girlfriend explaining whatever I was doing yesterday and how terrible her best friend's situation was. When I checked my phone after class, Fany left a message for me to buy tubs of ice creams. So here I am, doing what she had requested.

Tiffany, just like what I expected, chooses the Strawberry flavour and just when my hand is about to grab the Cookies and Cream flavour, the 'princess' beats me to it.

"Yah, that's mine," I frown but Fany smacks my hand and I yelp. "Why?" I whine. My girlfriend glares at me and I pout. I sigh as I take the Vanilla flavour; It's too sweet for my liking. Alright, giving the 'princess' my tub of ice cream is the least I can do for her.

Now, the three of us are sitting on Jessica's bed; I'm resting my back on the bedpost and Tiffany's sitting opposite of me, while the 'princess' is lying down with her head on Fany's lap. I notice my girlfriend is caressing her best friend's hair. I bite my lips and play with my fingers, I shouldn't get jealous of their interaction. It's purely Fany's attempt to comfort her best friend.

"-Yeon. TAEYEON!" My girlfriend shouts at me and I instantly look at her with wide eyes. "You're spacing out. I was asking whether you can stay at Jessica's for at least a week?"

"What?" My eyes widens more, if that's possible. "Why?" This time I look at Jessica.

"I just want her to have someone to talk to. Break ups have never been fun," Fany bitterly chuckles. "You know that I have a project due to next week, Tae. I'll be busy," she says softly as her hand reaches out for mine, caressing it. I glance at Jessica, only to find her looking at me. I frown. Just because I'm quite comfortable with her doesn't mean I want to spend all my time with her during this one week, right?

"It's ok if you don't want to, Taeyeon," Jessica smiles at me but not reaching her eyes. "I'll understand. We're not that close any-"

"Uhh- I don't mind, actually," I give her a small smile. "I'll bring my clothes later,"

"Thanks, Tae Tae. You're the best!" Tiffany says before she motions me to get closer to her and gives me a peck on the lips. I can hear Jessica's groaning, probably because of our PDA; but I ignore her. Things I'd do for you, Tiffany, just to make you happy.

¤¤¤

Jessica's laughter wakes me up from my trance. I close my agaped mouth and clear my throat. She told me that I should sleep with her. I. Should. Sleep. With. Her. Is she out of her mind?

"Tiffany will murder me- us," I mumble.

"You're really a byuntae," she chuckles. "What I was saying is we should share the bed. The way I phrase it was wrong,"

"Oh," I trail off. "Nah, it's ok. I like your couch better," I give her a lopsided grin before I leap into her couch and snuggle at its pillow. "Just give me a blanket,"

"Sure," she says before she disappears into her bedroom and comes back with a blanket. "Don't get annoyed if your back starts to hurt by the end of the week," she smirks at me before she goes to her room. I sigh. If Tiffany will be pleased by this then why not? A little physical discomfort is fine with me.

¤¤¤

I wake up in the middle of the night, or probably much later than that, to the sound of broken glass. I check the kitchen and find Jessica crouching down, trying to pick up all the glass shards. She's really clumsy; It's not her first incident with glass.

"Are you ok?" I put my hand on her shoulder and she looks back at me.

"Yeah, I just- I was- Sorry, for waking you up," she mumbles as she continues picking up the glass pieces. "I can't slee-" she hisses all of a sudden and I see blood.

"You clean your wound first, I'll clean this mess," I help her to stand up. "Clumsy people shouldn't do this kind of job," I chuckle and she frowns. "Go," I push her slightly and she walks away. After I finish cleaning the glass shards, I see Jessica sitting on the couch, staring into space. I sigh before I take 2 tubs of ice cream. Honestly I don't know why ice cream cheers her up during break ups but might as well try.

"Vanilla or Chocolate?" I show her the tubs and she grabs the one on my left. Vanilla for me, again. I notice she's much more melancholic than she was yesterday. Maybe because she realised that her relationship had really ended. "Do you want to watch movies or anything in mind?" I look at her and she just shrugs her shoulders before she sighs and leans her head on the couch. 

"Taeyeon, you should go to sleep," she says with her eyes still closed. "You're nice enough to be willing to stay here, I'm not taking away your sleeping time,"

"Then you should return to your room so I can have the couch by myself," I and this time, she walks away without any comment, just a sigh. I grab her hand and spin her body towards me before enveloping her in a tight hug. "If you want to cry then you should cry," I pat her back gently and she cries on my shoulder; her arms wrap around my body. Few seconds later I feel her nails digging on my skin.

"It hurts," she snivels, still hugging me. "I thought he's the one," she sobs. "I'm so stupid,"

"You're not," I mumble. "Things always happen for a reason, Jessica. This just means that you haven't found your prince charming, hmm princess?" I smile softly and she pushes me away slightly.

"Stop mocking me, Taeyeon," she whines as she wipes off her tears. "You're really the worst," she frowns but I pull her into a hug, again.

"I am the worst but I'm not sorry for that," I pat her back gently and she just groans. I'm not sorry because at that split second, at least you forgot about him, Jessica. "Do you want to Netflix and chill?"

"What?" She releases herself from the hug and looks at me with disbelief. 

"Not the Netflix and chill I do with Fany," I grin. "But really Netflix and chill. We can watch movies , the boring ones. Who knows you'll fall asleep? Do you have class tomorrow- today?"

"At 9," she mumbles before she plops on the couch. "Go get my laptop," she points lazily at her bedroom and I instantly do what she says. I put her laptop on the coffee table in front of the couch before I search for a boring movie.

We end up watching a chick flick: Legally Blonde. It's considered a good movie, at least for me. We spend the night under the blanket on the couch, with a bowl of popcorn on her lap. She seems so engrossed with the movie. Is Dongwook not on her mind? Is she still thinking about him?

"Not bad," Jessica mumbles as the credit rolls. "I should've watched this movie long long time ago,"

"But I don't ike the sequel though," I stand up and walk to her kitchen with the empty bowl of popcorn. I turn on the tap to wash it.

"Thanks!" She hollers and I just nod; desite being unsure whether she sees it or not. "Do you want to watch another movie?"

I scoff, why does she need to say it after the bowl is clean? She's really something. "What movie?" I holler back.

"Action? But not the gory one, just the normal action kind of thing,"

"Charlie's Angels?" I plop back next to her and start to type the title on Google. "Wait, aren't you supposed to get some sleep? It's 4 a.m., Jessica," I look at the clock display on the bottom right corner of her laptop.

"I'm not going for class," she casually replies and I just shake my head. "Go on, continue searching for the movie," she waves me off as she goes to her fridge and comes back with a pack of Hershey's. She's going to get diabetes from all the sugars. "Oh, Taeyeon," she frowns. "Do you have class tomor- today?"

"No," I answer her quickly and put the laptop back on the table as the movie starts. I can't tell you that I have one, Jessica, you'll make me go to sleep. If I go to sleep, who'll accompany you? "Stop eating sugary food, you'll get fat,"

"Shhh," she scowls. "Netflix and chill is fun if only you'd stop criticising my choice of food," she glares at me and I just sigh. As long as you can stop thinking about him, Jessica.


A/N this chapter is only to give some insights on how they get closer

Thanks for all the subscribers and the comments!

Special thanks to wayy2tiredd, strongestJEJ, ParkChungHee, Goodbye275, beatle87 who voted this!