First Encounter

My Girlfriend's Best Friend

I've been sighing for probably the thousandth time today. My girlfriend and I are having a cold war. Not a cold war actually, it's just her ignoring me. I'm still all kind and attentive to her. I sit down on the cold marble and lean my head on Tiffany's bedroom door. Luckily, her parents are outside so they don't need to see me in this pathetic state. I sigh again, feeling too depressed for making her upset over the same thing. How come I could forget to pick her up for the nth time this month? God, I hate myself for being so forgetful. The worse thing was, I was too lazy to charge my phone so I didn't get any of her messages or calls.

"Baby, please open the door," I knock softly. "I know I'm stupid for keep on forgetting to pick you up after your classes. I heard that you waited for me for 2 hours before you decided to take the cab. I uhh- I- I won't say that I will always pick you up from now on because who knows I will forget aga-" I stop. What am I even saying? "I- I mean I will try to always remem- I- I mean, I will pick you up on time starting from today and I will also charge my phone," I sigh again and check my watch. My class will start in half an hour. Guess today I would need to skip my Chem class. I knock again on her door just to receive a 'Go Away' as an answer.

I'm currently concentrating on my game, still sitting in front of Tiffany's door. At least I'm doing something instead of just staring into space. I check my watch and I notice it's been an hour since I've played the game. No wonder my phone felt so hot. I locked its screen before I put it on the floor, beside me.

"Tiffany, until when will you stay in your room?" I clench my jaw, feeling annoyed at the treatment. I know it's my fault but come on. I sigh. "Fany, ple-" my back falls to the cold marble and I groan. Why did she need to open it so sudden?

"You're not going to your class?" She furrows her eyebrow. I fix my sitting position before I reply.

"No. I'm waiting for you to forgive me," I say softly, eyes looking straight into hers. "I'm really sorry, Fany-ah. You know your girlfriend is very forgetful, right?" I hold her hand and place it on my cheek. "Please, I-"

"Stop looking at me like that," she mumbles, her eyes divert away from me. "You're not fair," she frowns.

"Why?"

"You always give me those puppy eyes. You know I'm a er for it," her frown gets deeper but I smile.

"So does that mean you forgive me?" I cup her cheek so she will look into my eyes.

"On one condition,"

¤¤¤

Right now I'm trying to look for an empty spot to park my car at the airport's parking lot. My girlfriend went off to pick up her best friend, who came from the US. I didn't want to be the chauffeur, of course, but I had no choice; this is the condition she talked about.

After succeeding to find one, I jog to the arrival point and see my girlfriend with who I assume to be her best friend.

"Fany-ah," I put my hand on her shoulder and both of them look back at me, effectively stopping whatever conversation that they had.

"Tae Tae, this is Jessica," Tiffany points at the girl and she extends her hand, waiting for me to grasp it.

"Taeyeon," I give her a small smile as I take her hand. 

"Jessica," she returns my smile.

"Alright, let's have our dinner!" My girlfriend excitedly says and I just chuckle at her antic as I caress her hair. She's always loud including when we have uhm- .

¤¤¤

Tiffany and I are peacefully eating when we hear a sudden shriek and the sound of a glass shattered. Both of us look at the direction and it turns out that a waitress accidentally bumps her body with Jessica. Her white blouse become see-through and I notice some pubescent boys including some other grown man, gawking at Jessica's body. Her black bra is really obvious in contrast with her milky skin.

"Fany-ah," I hold her hand to get her attention.

"Yes?" She looks at me but still glancing at her best friend's direction.

"Do you mind if I lend my sweater for your friend? I don't think it'd be comfortable for her wearing wet clothes," I say softly. Tiffany is quite a possessive and an easily jealous girlfriend so I need to make sure that she won't get jealous or anything over my simple gesture.

"Yeah, go on. She must be very embarrassed," she frowns.

"Wait here," I give her a smile before I rush to the toilet. I see Jessica dabbing her wet blouse with tissue paper as she groans, many times. "Hi," I wave my hand in front of her face.

"O-oh, Taeyeon. Why?" She glances at me before she continues dabbing her clothes. I take off my sweater, leaving me in my grey shirt.

"Change to this," I hand her my sweater and she looks at me. "It'd be uncomfortable if you wear that," I grab her right hand so that she can hold my sweater. "I'll get going," I give her a small smile before I exit the toilet and go to our table.

"Thank God you're wearing a sweater today, Tae," Tiffany sighs in relief. "I don't know how to help her if you didn't wear one. Thanks baby," she pecks my cheek and I just hum at her. Few minutes later, Jessica comes out and she thanks me for lending her my sweater and I just nod at her. She says that she'd wash it before she returns it to me.

The rest of the dinner goes well and it's time for us to drop Jessica off at her apartment. However, Tiffany insists both of us to help her unpack so here I am, unpacking her clothes. I suddenly feel like I'm best friends with Jessica too. Who the hell will ask a stranger to unpack her whole luggage? This girl must be lazy considering her willingness to make a stranger to unpack her things. I sigh, I feel like I'm her maid, honestly.

Finally, the last luggage! I open the zipper to find large pouches in it. I zip it open again and find myself looking at Jessica's set of undergarments. Now I know that she likes to wear black bras and colourful underwear. Her bra size is bigger than Tiff- what the hell was I thinking.

"Uhh, Jessica?" I call out from her bedroom. "Where do you want me to put your underwear?" I shout. Few seconds later, I'm being pushed out of her bedroom by a blushing Jessica. I chuckle at her reaction. This girl is funny. Why is she so shy about her undergarments? It's not like I don't wear one. I shake my head. I walk to where Tiffany is and lean on her back. "Fany-ah, I'm tired,"

"Ok, Tae Tae," she says. "After Jessie is done with whatever she's doing, we can go home,"

"Why do we need to wait for her?" I whine.

"Because she's like a sister to me, Taeyeon," she says sternly. "You must treat her like a family too,"

"Ok," I sigh. "Just lend me your back for a while. Let me rest," I mumble as I close my eyes.

¤¤¤

I wake up only to find myself on the couch near to where I was before. I look at my surrounding and notice that all the lights are off except for one near the kitchen and the other near the toilet. I guess it's not morning yet. My girlfriend and her best friend is probably sharing a room or Tiffany's sleeping in the guest room. I'd get jealous of their closeness if I didn't know about Jessica having a boyfriend.

I walk to the kitchen and open her fridge. Surprisingly, it's full off fresh fruits and there's a carton of milk. Maybe they went for a grocery shopping after I passed out on Fany's back. I fill a mug with the milk and I really hope that Jessica doesn't mind with me using her things like this.

"Taeyeon?" I hear a soft voice from my back and I nearly drop the mug. 

"Oh, Jess," I mumble. "Sica. I mean Jessica," I rub my nape with my other hand "Hope you don't mind me using this mug," I raise the mug sligtly and smile. 

"Yeah, sure," she smiles back. "Sorry for leaving you on the couch. Tiffany and I couldn't carry you. I guess we're too tired from unpacking my stuffs," she chuckles. "Thanks for your help,"

"Welcome," I say and the awkward silent creeps in. "Uhh- were you looking for something?"

"No. I uhh- I was actually going to give you this," she mumbles, her hands lift a thick blanket. How come I didn't see it before? "It gets cold at night," she walks toward me and put it on the kitchen island.

"Thanks," I smile at her kind gesture.

"Tiff is sleeping on my bed, in case you're wondering," she pauses to look at me. "The guest room is still dusty and all so I can't let you or her to sleep there,"

"It's ok. I don't mind your couch," I smile at her.

"Well, I'll get going," she smiles back before she tucks strands of her hair behind her ear and walks away. I look at her figure until she disappears into her bedroom. She's nice.

¤¤¤

The smell of burnt stuffs wake me up, this time in the morning, because I notice the sunlight from outside the window. I groan as I drag my feet to Jessica's kitchen.

"Ughh," I groan. "Fany, I told you not to cook breakfast for me, right?" My arms wrap around my girlfriend's waist and I kiss her neck. I feel her body stiffenned from my touch. Why-

"T-Taeyeon, it's Jessica,"

"Oh!" I instantly remove my arms and moves back. "I'm sorry, I thought y-you were Tiffany. Y-you look-"

"It's ok," she chuckles.

"Umm, what are you trying to cook?" I glance at the burnt bacon? Are they bacons? I can't even recognise the-

"B-bacons," she mumbles.

"Oh," I frown. It looks like Tiffany's first and last trial to cook. "Do you want me to coo-"

"Yes, please!" She turns her body at me and gives me the spatula and her bright smile. "Thanks," she walks off. What the hell. I sigh. I guess that's a reason why they're best friends: both of them can't cook.

I prepare American breakfast for the three of us and just nice, Tiffany finally wakes up from her sleep. She pecks my lips and I pretend to throw up from her morning breath. As a result, I receive her loud whine. I just pat her head twice before I ask her to wash up.

"Thanks, Taeyeon," Jessica hollers as she walks from her bedroom towards the dining table. "Looks nice!" She grins at me before sitting down on a chair.

"It tastes nice as well" I and she pouts. "How do you plan to survive without being able to cook though?"

"Wookie can cook for me," she smiles when she mentions the name.

"Wookie?"

"Dongwook," she looks at me. "My boyfriend," she states and I just nod. 

"Hi guys," Tiffany sits next to me. "Woo! American breakfast. Thanks, Tae Tae!" She gives me an eye smile and I smile back. Who can resist such smile? 

The breakfast goes on for a little while and I get to know more about Jessica. One thing crosses my mind: it won't be hard to treat her like a family member.


A/N first chap is up!! This story will be a bit slow pace because Tae has Tiffany and it will take a while for her to realise she has feelings for Jess

Do tell me what you guys think about this 1st chap :)

Thanks for all the subscribers who susbscribed even before the first chap is up! Woo!