The Fight

My Girlfriend's Best Friend

Jessica fell asleep on my shoulder when we watched The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. I guess she's really tired. Just like the usual, I slowly fix her body position so she can sleep on the couch more comfortably. Dining chair, you're my place to sleep again, I sigh.

When I am about to take a blanket from her room, I hear whimpers coming from Jessica. She is murmuring Dongwook's name and also the word 'stay'. Frowning, I kneel beside the couch to hold her hand and I caress her silky hair. My action seems to calm her down. However, she doesn't let me pull my hand back so I have no choice but to just stare at her sleeping face.

 

She's beautiful.

 

I smile at the thought of it. Dongwook will surely regret his decision in the future. I sigh. What she said is correct though, how many guys- people will stand in a relationship without ? I'm just lucky that in all my relationship, they were willing to be so intimate with me. I get it that maybe it's her religion or maybe it's just her upbringing which makes her how she is. I respect her though, the temptation to have is huge. Yet, she doesn't succumb to it.

"Please stay," she mumbles when I try to pull my hand away from her again. "Please, just tonight," she sighs and a tear escapes her eye. My other hand reaches out for her face to wipe her tear. Somehow, it hurts me to see her like this. I didn't know I'm so weak when it comes to see a girl crying, until today. "Just tonight," she murmurs and she holds my jand tighter before she puts it on her chest. Realising that I can't escape from her grip, I fix my position on the floor and I lay my head just beside her body.

"Sleep tight, Sica," I whisper.

¤¤¤

I wake up due to the numb feeling on my neck and my legs and my back- my whole body, actually. They hurt. Every sigle part of it. I sigh when I realise that morning has come. She's still peacefully sleeping but my hand is no longer in her hold. I stand up and stretch my whole body. I groan when I feel my sore muscles. Based on her 2-weeks-ago schedule, today is her free day. Somehow I can remember her schedule better than Tiffany's. I sigh. Time to cook for Jessica.

"Taengoo," Jessica calls out. Who is Taengoo? I turn my head slightly to the couch and see her rubbing her eyes sleepily before she yawns. "Taengoo, come here," she motions me to come. So Taengoo is me. Cute name.

"Hmm? Wait for a while," I return my attention to the bean paste stew for both of us. "Yours is this one, no zucchini," I put one pot in front of her, the other one next to it.

"Thanks," she gives me a sweet smile and starts to eat the stew. "How come you know that I don't like zucchini?"

"That time you ordered without cucumbers," I mumble. "I just thought you wouldn't like zucchinis as well," my explanation shuts her for no reason. Did I say something wrong? I glance at her and see her happily eating. She must be too hungry.

"Taeyeon," she trails off and waits for my answer.

"Yes?" I look at her and I grab a tissue paper to wipe .

"Can I call you Taengoo?"

"Sure, why not?" I give her a grin and she smiles. She's a bit funny; she called me 'Taengoo' way before she asked me a permission. Not that I complain though.

"Next time, please don't skip your class for me," she murmurs, her spoon that she's holding playing with the soup. "I heard from Tiff that you skipped it. You lied when you told me you didn't have class," she pouts.

"Oh that," I divert my gaze from her. "I was lazy to go to class so-"

"She told me that you're not someone who skips class because of laziness," she locks her gaze with mine and raises an eyebrow.

"I- uhh- I just didn't want you to be alone that time," I rub my nape awkwardly. "The soup's getting cold, Sica," I grab her hand and scoop the rice for her. "Ahh~" I open my mouth to signal her to open hers too.

"God, I'm not a baby, Taengoo," she whines after I spoon fed her. I just chuckle at her reaction before I pat her head.

"Good dog,"

"Yah!" She pushes me violently and the pot flies over to my stomach. Great. "Oh my god!" She squeals before she puts tissue papers on the wet patch of my clothes. "I'm sorry!" She frowns. Luckily, her couch was untouched by the soup, unlike the floor and I.

"Things always happen when I'm with you," I shake my head and I calmly dap it with the tissue paper. I chuckle when I see her eyes getting teary. "Don't need to cry, Sica," I ruffle her hair before I stand up and take the pot with me. "If you don't mind, you can eat mine. I'll clean the floor for you after I change my clothes- oh, I didn't bring spare ones," I frown. "Do you-"

"I'll lend you my T-shirt and shorts," she rushes to her room. "Is your underwear wet?" Her head peeks out.

"I think so," I nod.

"Give them to me, I'll wash them while you're showering" she opens her palms to get all pf my clothes. What? Am I supposed to strip in front of her? My confusion seems to sink into her head as well because her face becomes flushed and she closes her palms. "I- I mean you put them outside when you enter the shower so I can wash them for you- actually I have disposable underwear," she mumbles. "You can wear them in the meantime. Washing and drying will take an hour, at least,"

"Yeah, sure- oh, please don't give me a see through shir-" I stop as a black T-shirt was thrown to my face.

"I'm not a byuntae like you," she scowls before she gives me a pair of shorts and the disposable underwear in a much more civilised way.

¤¤¤

I notice Tiffany's almost frown when she sees me. She pecks my cheek as soon as she enters the car.

"You're wearing the same clothes like yesterday," she states. "You didn't have time to change to a pair of new one?"

"I was at Jessica's," I start my car. "I texted you,"

"She's still not fine?" She mumbles

"She still dreams of Dongwook," I frown, suddenly remembering her tears. "She's a mess, Fany," I hold her hand and give it a squeeze. "Your best friend really needs someone to talk to. You should go to her apartment after our lunch,"

"I thought we're going on a date after lunch?" She quirks a single eyebrow at me. "We haven't had dates for weeks, Taeyeon," she frowns.

"But what about Jessica, Fany?" I furrow my eyebrows. "Do you really-"

"No, you're right. She needs me," she sighs befote she rubs her temple and turns her head away from me. She pulls her hand away from my hold and rummages her bag. "I'll ask Jessie what does she want for lunch,"

¤¤¤

We've been sitting around on Jessica's couch for a few hours; she lays her head on Fany's lap. She tells both of us about Dongwook: How he haunts her. Fany mentions that maybe she needs a closure with the guy but how? How can she have a closure when all she wants to do is to get him back?

Her sad story sounds more miserable with her coughings. She sounds like she's dying, to be honest. I stand up from the couch to make her Ginger Tea, again. When I come back, Jessica is already snoring lightly. Fany looks at me sadly and I pat her back, as if to say that everything will be ok.

Will everything be ok for Jessica? I wouldn't know. I just hope that she can find someone who loves her unconditionally, who puts her first against anything, who will fight for her.

"Tae," Fany whispers and I shift my gaze from her friend to her. "I need to see Bora in an hour, can you stay here?" She asks me in a hushed manner.

"For your project?" My eyebrows quirk.

"No, but I promised her that I'd see her today,"

"But Jessica needs you, she-" I pause when I see her moving her best friend's head from her lap gently. "What are you doing?"

"I'm leaving," she mumbles and her shoulders bump into mine harshly. I clench my jaw when I know I made her angry.

"Fany," I grab her hand. "I just-"

"I'm late, Taeyeon," she hisses and removes my grip. "You know that I'm always busy but still I make time for both of you, right? Can't you just appreciate what I have done?" She frowns and stares into my eyes. "You've never complained about my time management, Tae," her eyes get teary. "It's the first time today," she mumbles before she exits Jessica's apartment. . What did I just do? I sigh. 

I want to chase after her and drive her to the place where she'll meet Bora but Jessica will be alon- wait, Tiffany is my girlfriend while Jessica's just a friend. God, why was I confused of what to do?! I grab my bag before I run to the lobby, cursing myself harshly for being so slow. Just when I'm about to call her name, she enters the Taxi. I groan as I reach for my phone in my pocket and no- my phone isn't there. I left it inside Jessica's apartment. How to take it back?

¤¤¤

A loud knock on my apartment's door makes me jolt from my couch. I open the door to see my girlfriend with her poker face.

"Your phone," she pushes my phone to my chest and walks away.

"F-Fany!" I run to grab her hand and spin her body towards me. "I tried to chase after you but you had left. When I wanted to call you, well- my phone- I left it at Jessi-"

"Why didn't you take back your phone?" She glares at me.

"I was planning to do that later, maybe during dinner time so I'm sure that she's awake," my answer only receives a scoff from her. "Why-"

"So you prefer not to disturb her sleep compared to making sure that your own girlfriend is not mad?" She looks at me intently. 

"But she's your best friend, Fa-"

"Exactly, Taeyeon!" She shouts. "My best friend, not yours," she pokes my left shoulder harshly. "You know how easy it is for me to get jealous but still-"

"But she needs people, Tiffany," I groan. "You told me that-"

"Think like this, Taeyeon," she rubs her temple. "What if you're expecting to spend time with me but instead of going on a date with you, I say that I want to see how Yuri's doing after her break up. How will you feel? Thrilled? Excited?" She scoffs and folds her arms on her chest.

"What? Yuri has-" I pause when I realise what she means by her analogy. She quirks a single eyebrow at me.

"And instead of getting my phone back that I left inside Yuri's apartment to call you, I prefer to wait until dinner time to get it back so I'm sure that Yuri had enough slee-"

"Enough, I get what you mean," I sigh. "I just- I didn't-"

"I feel like I'm losing you, Taeyeon," her teary eyes locks with mine. "You weren't like this before-"

"You know it's not because I didn't want to see you. It's your group-"

"Don't give me that excuse," she hisses. "Months ago, you'd drive to my house just to cuddle with me to sleep or surprise me in the morning by making me breakfast but now," she sighs. "What the hell are you doing, Taeyeon? Why do I feel like it's easier for you to go to Jessie-"

"Just to let you know, I didn't go to Jessica's apartment at all until yesterday," I pause. "And if you really are eager to see me, then why wouldn't you be the one that approach me?"

"If I've always been the one who come to you and all of a sudden, I only spend time with you over quick lunch and dinner. How will you feel?" She chuckles bitterly. "Then, the text that you receive last from me was to inform you that I'm staying over at Yuri's-"

"Stop bringing Yuri! I told you I understand your analogy!" I shout at her and clench my jaw. The next thing I see is a tear escaping from her right eye before she swiftly wipe it away. I frown and my hands reach out to cup her face but she moves back, one step. "F-Fany, I-"

"Fine, I'll stop everything," she bitterly chuckles. "Maybe this is all because of how possesive and easily jealous I am when it comes to you," she sneers. More of her tears stream down her face. "If I'm not like this then we wouldn't be screaming at each other right now. Sorry, Taeyeon-ah, it's all my fault. I'll just go home and cool down," she sadly smiles. "Don't try to find me, I'll find you," she mumbles before she walks away. When I grab her hand, she jerks away from my touch and run away.

"Fany! Tiffany!" My shouts are useless. She ignores them completely and run faster away from me. "Tiffany!"


A/N What do you think will happen?

special thanks to nineothree, byunty, onelove_live, aiiyth, hiwatari for your vote!!

In the previous chap, I forgot to thank all the subscribers and the comments.. sorry for that. Thank you for those who subscribe and comment :)

Maybe angst will come soon, slight angst

Ciao