Questions

My Girlfriend's Best Friend

I sigh for what I just did. I could've made her not angry but my mouth seemed to have a mind of its own. Why did I say things that make it sound like I prefer Jessica over her? I am stupid. I'll just apologise tomorrow so she can cool off first. I shake my head and enter my apartment unit. Just as I plop on my couch, my phone's screen light up and the word 'Princess' appears on it.

"Hello?" I pick up the call before I switch on the Telivision.

"Taengoo, next time don't leave your phone, silly,"

"Ok, Sica," I trail off and silence engulfs both of us. "Umm- do you want me to cook you dinner?"

"Can I have grill fish?"

"Anything you want, 'princess',"

"Yah-" I cut her call, smiling. She will definitely be pissed but it's fun to . 

+++

I fix my gaze at Jessica before I look down to my lap; she just asked me why I am not having a date with Tiffany. Apparently, Fany told her that she would be free this night. I could just tell her the truth but I don't think it will be pleasant for her to hear.

"Taengoo?" She holds my hand and this makes me look into her eyes. "Did you guys have a fight?"

"N-No?" I look away. "We just-"

"You have," she frown. "That's why she was being a bit cranky to me. She didn't want to spend time with her best friend, you know," she chukles and lets go of my hand. "I thought it was because her period. Please fix it fast, hmm?"

"Yeah," I give her a small smile. "Don't worry about that," I assure her, scratch that, assure both of us. I hope Fany won't get angry at Jessica though. All of this time, I could've not offered to come to her apartment and do all the cooking but here I am, willing to be inside her unit. I wonder why did I do that. It must be because it has been some time that I find someone I can connect with. Yeah, it should be because of that and, I pity her for not having anyone else that she trust enough to talk about her problem besides Fany and I. 

After cooking her a simple breakfast, I leave a note for Jessica saying that I'll be leaving first. I drive to the nearest florist to buy a bouquet of white tulips; I research about it and the flowers are said to be best for asking an apology. I ring the bell of Fany's house and one of her maids opens the door for me. She says that I should wake her up to make her eat breakfast because apparently she skipped her dinner. I sigh. Why does she like skipping her meals?

I knock on the door a few times and get no answer. As I turn the door knob, I find it locked. I ask the maid for the key and I enter her room stealthily. I kneel beside her bed and run my fingers through her hair. I notice a tear trail from the corner of her eyes. She cried. She cried to her sleep.

"Tiffany," I call her softly and my thumb moves to caress her cheek. Did you cry because of me? I clench my jaw. "Tiffany," I say again and this time I hear a groan coming from her. I see her slowly open her eyes and looks at me. "Good morning," I smile at her but she frowns and turns her body away from me.

"Leave," she mumbles. Ok, maybe 'good morning' was bad to say. I shouldn't have started it with those. 

"I'm sorry, Tiffany," I sigh and I lie down on her bed, spooning her from the back. I put my arm around her waist and she tries to wriggle free from my hold. "I'm really sorry," I hold her tighter and pepper kisses on her nape and her shoulders. "Please, forgive me? Tell me what should I do so you can forgive me," I mutter and she stops wriggling. "Please?" I ask her again and she sighs. She turns her body towards me- she's crying. I wipe her tears away with my thumb and cup her face to kiss her eyelid. "Don't cry,"

"Did you go to Jessie's yesterday?" She mumbles.

"I-I did," I bite my lips and she sighs.

"Stop meeting her alone" she frowns. "You are a bad girlfriend," she hits my chest. "You know how easily I get jealous but-" she stops when I hold her hand and looks into her eyes.

"Stop it," I frown and give her a peck on the lips. "I'm sorry for that, really," I rest my palm on her cheek. "I will make sure that you won't feel like I put you after Jessica or anyone else, anymore. Not even Yuri," I pause and caress her cheek with my thumb. "I won't make you jealous ever again," 

"Promise me?" She shows me her pinky and I smile at her childish act.

"Of course," I interlock our pinkies together. "So, does this mean we're ok now?"

"Yeah," she trails off.

"Good, 'cause I miss you," I peck her lips and put my arms around her waist. "I miss us," I kiss her jaw and she giggles.

"God, Tae Tae," she pushes me playfully. "Stop-"

"We haven't done this for days- no, weeks, Fany," I whine at her, my hand moves from her waist to her thighs and rests it on the sheer fabric of her shorts. "Please?" I give her the puppy look and gently caress her thigh. She just pokes my nose before she captures my lips.

"Fine, but remember your promise: no alone time with Jessica,"

¤¤¤

So avoiding Jessica is not that easy, apparently. She called me just now to ask whether I want to netflix and chill again. I told her that I have already made plans with Yuri. She sounded disappointed or maybe it was just what I thought. After her call, I call my best friend to explain my situation and she just laughs at me.

"So you're trading your friendship with Jessica for ?"

"What? No, you lesbo," I scoff. "I'm just doing what Fany wants so our relationship will go smoothly,"

"Fine, Taeng," she chuckles. "Whatever you say,"

"Do me another favour?" I plead her.

"What else?"

"Call Jessica and meet up? She needs-"

"No wonder Tiff is jealous," she scoffs. "You sound like you care about her best friend more than her,"

"W-what? No, I just-"

"Don't get angry if I say that I'm dating her in a month. Bye, Taeng,"

"Yah, you-" I look at my phone screen and notice that the lesbo has ended the call. Why would I get angry if she's dating Jessica? Tiffany is my priority. If not meeting Jessica makes her happy then why not? I'm sorry, Jessica.

+++

I am driving my car with my girlfriend on the passanger's seat singing to her current favorite song "Say You Won't Let Go". I just nod to the sound of the guitar and her voice. She's back to the cheerful Tiffany that I've always known.

I park my car at the University's parking lot and get out of it. I see Yuri waving at me when she notices our presence. However, I wasn't expecting for a girl to be running to her and hug her from the back, scratch that, I wasn't expecting Jessica to do so. It's only been three days, is Yuri really that good in having her ways with girls?

Jessica drags my best friend to approach us. She is the first one to greet us and Yuri just says 'sup'. Tiffany's hand creep to interlock with mine, for no apparent reason. Why is she so possesive of me in front of her own best friend and my best friend?

"Jess and I are planning to watch Logan, are you guys interested? We can buy the tickets for you first," Yuri suggests, glancing at both Fany and I.

"Su-"

"It's ok, Yuri-ah," Fany cuts me. "We have already made plans for later," she smiles. We have? What plan?

"Too bad," Jessica mumbles. "Taeyeon really loves movies," she chuckles.

"We'll get going," Yuri mutters as she puts her arm on Jessica's shoulder.

"Bye Tiff, bye Taeyeon," Jessica happily waves at us. God, I want to watch the movie too. After they are far enough from us, I break the silence.

"So, you have made plans?" I quirk a single eyebrow at my girlfriend.

"No, I just don't want to have a double date," she frowns as she starts to walk.

"But they're not dating each other," I chuckle. "I'll kill Yuri if she dates Jess-"

"What did you say?" Fany hisses and yanks away from my grasp.

"N-no, what I mean is that- Fany!" I shout her name as she starts to jog away. "Baby," I grab her hand before I pull her body and turn it to me. "Listen to me," I put my arm around her waist. "I care for Jeasica too, ok? She's a friend. You know Yuri, she only wants to get into girl's pants and that's it. I just don't want it to happen to Jessica,"

"Why are you talking bad things about Yuri?"

"I'm not," I frown. "Even if I say it in front of her face, she'll just chuckle because it's the truth," I caress her hair. "I just don't want her to hurt your best friend, Fany. Not after what Dongwook did,"

"Ok, Tae Tae," she sighs. "Now you make me feel like a bad friend for Jessie, you know," she nuzzles on my neck. "Should we join them? You make me curious about their relationship," she chuckles.

"If you want to,"

¤¤¤

The movie was great, I loved the little girl's act. However, I feel a little discomfort when Jessica keeps on rambling about the movie to Yuri. In addition to that, Yuri happily snakes her hand from Jessica's back to her waist to her . What the hell Yuri. How come Jessica doesn't realise what Yuri's doing?

"Yah, your hand," Jessica giggles as she removes Yuri's hand away from her . I look away and put my arm around Fany's shoulder. She gives me her eye smile and hold my hand.

"Guys, Jessica and I will be going to Eden. Do you want to join?" Yuri asks as she still stubbornly tries to put her hand on Jessica's waist.

"Nah, I need to read through my notes," I mutter. "Fany, are you going?"

"Pick me up, Tae?" She fixes her gaze at mine and I ruffle her hair before nodding.

"Of course,"

¤¤¤

Here I am parking my car at Club Eden's parking lot. An hour ago, Yuri messaged me that Tiffany passed out and she is having trouble to take care of the two Americans; Jessica becomes cutely drunk she said.

I enter the club and the blaring music instantly makes me uncomfortable. After some time, I finally succeed to locate the three of them, scratch that the two of them.Tiffany's head is on Yuri's shoulder as Yuri squinting her eyes at the dancing crowd.

"Taeng!" She excitedly waves at me and I smile back. "Look for Jessica somewhere in the crowd. I told her not to walk away but she did! Or do you want me to look for her and-"

"Nah, don't wake her up," I glance at my girlfriend. "Take care of Fany," I pat her shoulder twice before I walk to the crowd. Ugh- I hate crowds. I wrinkle my nose in disgust. How to find a certain brunette in this sea of people?

I yank someone's hand when he puts his arm around my waist and he just gives me a smirk. I walk away quickly and tap random brunettes that look like Jessica. Where the hell is that girl at? I glance to my left and right. I see a blonde guy grinding his front to a girl's and he put his arms around her waist to hold her still. The girl looks like she doesn't enjoy it but as much as I want to safe her, my priority is to find- Jessica?

"Dude, back off," I remove his hand from Jessica's waist and push him away. I pull her into a hug and she just nuzzle on my neck.

"Your girlfriend?" He smirks. "Nice catch," he pinches her earning a squeal from Jeasica. I slap his hand harshly and glare at him before he chuckles and walks away. 

"You smell like Taengoo," she mumbles and sniffs my hair. "Thanks for saving me, stranger" she pecks my cheek. "I need to find Yuri and Tiffany!" She giggles before walking away. She is cutely drunk, just like what Yuri said. She stumbles a few times and I just follow her from the back.

After a few minutes, i just realise that we're going deeper into the crowd instead of going away. Jessica suddenly stops and she turns back, facing me.

"Why are you following me, you stranger who looks like Taengoo?" She squints her eyes at me and cups my face. "You," she pauses. "Look like Taengoo," she pinches my cheeks. "But Taengoo will only come to pick up Tiff so who are you?"

"Je-"

"Shh," she puts her palm over my mouth. "You speak too much," she giggles and I blink my eyes. She's drunk. Definitely drunk. "You know usually people will try to me when I'm like this in this kind of clothes," she takes my hands and places it on her s. "Feel me," she slurrs. "You look like Taengoo and I trust her so I trust you too. It's better to be d by someone I know- wait," she giggles. "I mean someone who looks like someone I know? Does it make sense?" she fixes her gaze on me. 

"Jessica," I remove my hands away from her mounds and cup her face. "I am Taeyeon and you're going home. Yuri and Tiffany's waiting for us. Ok?"

"Ok!" She pecks my cheek again. "You can take me anywhere, you someone who believes yourself is Taeyeon," she smiles and interlocks her fingers with mine. "Let's go, Taengoo look alike,"

 

She's cute.

¤¤¤

I enter my own apartment with a sigh. Carrying Tiffany to second floor from my car was no joke. It was exhausting. In addition to that, Jessica's drunk state was tiring too. She cried when I told her that Yuri would take her home; she didn't want to be seperated from Fany. After what felt like hours, she suddenly stopped crying and hugged Yuri tightly before she ordered my best friend to take her home.

I strip myself off from the mini dress and change to a much more comfortable pair of clothes before I enter the bathroom to clean my face off from the make up. I frown at my pinkish cheek and take a closer look to my left one. It is a lipstick mark. I widen my eyes when I realise that it must be Jessica's. I check my other cheek and it shows the same mark. I smile as I touch my own cheeks.

 

Drunk Jessica is adorable.

 

When can I see it again? Has Yuri safely taken her home? Has she slept already? Wait- why am I thinking of Jessica?


A/N I know it's been a while... I've been quite busy with school work. Anyway, a little bit of spoiler..

If there's a question, there's definitely an answer, correct?

So, yes, that's the spoiler. I think some of you may correctly guess what's next chapter about. Andd!! They'll break up soon.. soon but not so soon also.

I find it much suitable for Jessica to be the cute drunk type not the emo type so there you go.

Btw, have you guys listened to Taeyeon's 'Fine'? It is damn fine!!! I feel like she sings it for Jessica (my Taengsic shipper mind would like to believe that)

Thank you for the subscribers and the comments and the votes!!