Delusional

My Girlfriend's Best Friend

I read the message on my phone for more than ten times; did I read correctly? Jessica texted me. Jessica Jung, the girl I love.

 

Come to my place as soon as possible

 

Am I dreaming? Is this one of my deusional thoughts again? Maybe after I saved her, she changed her mind? Now she's ok with me again? If that's the case then I'll forget about her telling me that she doesn't like me. I'll forget every hurtful words that she said.

Should I skip my class? As much as how important it is to me, I won't be missing a huge deal just for skipping one right? Jessica is my priority.

+++

Pressing on her buzzer, I put my hand on my chest and feel my heart beating furiously. Calm down, heart. Calm down. Please stop smiling like a fool, Taeyeon! When she opens her door, I cannot help it but to smile wide. 

"Hi,"

"Get in," she mumbles. Why is she so cold to me? Is she being- i- is that the guy from yesterday? The guy who tried to Jessica?

"What the hell are you doing here?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Hello, Taeyeon," the guy from yesterday smirks at me as he sips on his coffee and sitting nicely on Jessica's couch. How does he know who am I?

"Sit down," Jessica glares at me and I follow what she wants. "Donghae oppa told me that you kicked his private area yesterday because you thought he was going to me,"

"He did, he-"

"He was trying to piggyback me and you came into the scene. Apologise to him, Taeyeon," she hisses and I only stare at her.

"What?" I look at her. "But he did! He-"

"Just because you thought you saved her, Taeyeon, doesn't mean that you did, you know?" he laughs at me. "I told you I didn't mean any harm but you-"

"Is that what he told you?" I clench on my jaw and fix my gaze at her; only to receive a nod as the answer. This guy is twisted, he gave her a whole new story just to cover up yesterday's incident?

"He saved me from guys who gave me these hickeys, Taeyeon, and you-"

"I'm not going to apologise for something I didn't do," I look up to her. "He tried to you when you were drunk and he was the one who marked-" I stop when her palm smacks my cheek. "-you," I close my eyes and let out a long exhale. "Didn't I tell you not to contact her anymore?" I open my eyes again to stare at him. "You-"

"You what?!" She shrieks. "You are the worst, Taeyeon!" She yells at me. "What are you trying to do, huh? Did I do something wrong? Why do you keep on trying to ruin my relationship with other-"

"Stop it," I clench my jaw and fix my gaze at her. I gulp the lump on my throat and clench- unclench my jaw. Don't cry, Taeyeon. Not here. "Stop it, Jessica," I look at her and bite my lips. I stand up from the couch only to stop in front of him. "I don't know why she trusts you so much but I hope that yesterday would be the last time you try funny things to her. If you want an apology from me- go to hell," I whisper the last three words in his ear and glare at him before I walk out from Jessica's apartment. I heard her calling for my name but I didn't care; she was probably going to ask me to apologise again. But the worse thing was, I heard her yelling 'I hate you' too. Why did she need to go until that far?

+++

I'm staring at the six bottles of alcoholic drinks: two bottles of Soju, two bottles of Sansachun and two bottles of Cheongju. Today is the day to forget all my sorrows! I'm not going to go to a club or a bar or whatever people call it anymore; being intoxicated in your own home should be the best way to get drunk! Just when I am about to gulp my Soju, I hear my doorbell rings. I open it only to find Hyuna smiling at me.

"You told me that you're not feeling well so I come here," she tucks strands of her hair behind her ear. "I can take care of you,"

"I- uhh- I'm just-"

"Please let me in?" She mutters and I nod before I let her in. She becomes shocked when she sees the alcoholic drinks on my table and I rub my nape awkwardy. "Let's drink together," she says as she makes herself sit more comfortably on my couch. After a few gulps, I become less timid and I tell her what happened this morning. She hugs me afterwards for comfort and I cry in her arms.

I wake up with a massive headache and I notice that Hyuna has prepared a glass of water and medicine for me. I sigh after drinking it. Since when has my life become so difficult? Since when have I started to drink away all my sorrows?

Jessica Jung, please get out of my head. Words that you said yesterday really hurt me you know? Why do I keep on ruining your relationship, you say? I didn't mean to ruin your relationship with Tiffany but your relationship with that guy must be stopped, Sica. Sigh. How can I tell her all this? What do I do? But then again, you hate me. What can I do about that?

Moreover, what about Hyuna? That unhealthy relationship that keeps on hurting her. I need to stop that too. Honestly, if she's not that nice then I wouldn't feel so guilty about hurting her. However, she is nice. Sigh. Today I'll end this.

¤¤¤

I'm currently sitting inside Hyuna’s favorite restaurant. I know that it's actually not a good place for a possible-goodbye-to-our-relationship but she insisted, so why not? Right? Yeah.. I guess so. Maybe because it's weekdays, the place is not that crowded. I choose my seat that allows me to see the entrance. She told me that I should order for her too so I did. Around ten minutes after I ordered, she comes in wearing her working attire looking oh-so-professional while I use my casual clothes. I let out an exhale. I'm underdressed.

"So why do you want to meet up? We don't usually meet up to have dinner unless you want the desert somewhere else," she smirks at me and I reply with a small smile.

"Let's just finish our dinner first, Hyuna,"

"W-why are you so serious? Do you-"

"Please?" I plead her and she nods. The dinner becomes awkward and too silent. How I wish I can just joke freely or talk nonsense like the usual but I don't think today is the right time. When you're about to break someone's heart, the least you could do is not to be a before doing so, right? "So umm- you see- I uhh-"

"Are you ending this?" She wipes gently with the napkin, careful not to make her lipstick smears and her eyes flicker at me.

"I uhh- we both know that it's unhealthy, Hyuna," I reach out for her hand and look down to the my plate. "So let's end it," I gaze at her and notice she rummages through her handbag. She puts several dollar notes and stands up. "Hyu-Hyuna unnie?" I frown when I realise what she's doing. She's not ending this relationship. She doesn't want to give her consent. I grab the money, brisk-walk to the exit and take out some dollar notes before I hand them to the cashier. I ignore the guy shouting about my change. "Unnie! Hyun-," I hold my arm that bumps into a passers-by. "Sorry, I-"

"Taeyeon?" I hear someone calls my name and when I look at her, my heart skips a beat.

"Jessica," I trail off. "I uhh- I'll be leaving," I rub my nape. "Before you tell me to," I mumble and give her an awkward smile before I walk away. Where did Hyuna go? I lost her. How come she can walk so fast with those heels?

"Are you up for dinner?" I hear Jessica talking from behind and I stop on my tracks. I turn my body to face her and fix my gaze on her. Yesterday she yelled at me and now she wants to have a dinner with me? "I'm just- I-" she trails off and tucks strands of her hair behind her ear. "I ended my relationship with Donghae oppa,"

"Oh," I reply her and rub my nape again. Then we are surrounded by a silence, an awkward silence.

"I- I just heard from Yuri that- that you weren't lying when you told me about Donghae oppa. Tha-that time I haven't talked to Yuri yet,"

"Oh," I say again. Here goes that awkward silence again. "Umm about the dinner, I just had it, actually,"

"Oh," she trails off. Why are we like this? Oh right, she hates me. Why should I be all nice to her? "S-so are you going home?"

"Yeah, I guess so," I run my fingers through my hair and give her a lopsided smile. "I'll get going,"

"O-oh, ok," she smiles at me and I walk away. In my delusional mind, you sound disappointed. But then again, when I thought you liked me, I was being delusional. So this time, it's probably me being unrealistic again.

¤¤¤

I let out a long exhale and grab my phone to check the time. It's 3.14 a.m. and still I can't fall asleep. Usually if my body touches the bed, I will confirm fall asleep in 5 minutes or so. Sigh. Maybe it's because Hyuna unnie clouding my mind or Jessica. But I can't lie to myself, I know it must be because of my meeting with Jessica. Who will she talk to about her broken heart? Who will she go to for comfort when she sees him again? Can she sleep peacefully or the possibility of Donghae trying to do funny things to her appear on her dreams? How I wish I could've just asked her simply. I should've just watched her eat and maybe we could mend our broken relationship.

I should've stayed.

Sigh. Can I see her again tomorrow? Can I- wait- no- she hates you, Taeyeon. Stop all your delusional thoughts. You're going to hurt yourself. Just count a thousand sheeps and you'll fall asleep. Stop thinking about all the endless possibilities when you know it's not going to happen. You're just wasting your time. Just go to sleep.

¤¤¤

. I'm late for my class! No need to shower, Taeyeon, just brush your teeth, wash your face and change your clothes. Everything's going to be fine! You can tie your hair in the car during the red light and let's go bare face today- wait no- I'll draw my eyebrows later.

I grab a piece of bread from the dining table and put it on my mouth. It hangs there like I'm some kind of a dog biting its food but I don't care; I'm late! With the bread on my mouth, I grab my car keys and my bag. I open the door in a rush and the bread almost drops when I see a figure standing in front of my door.

"Taeyeon-ah, can we talk?"


A/N guess who?

Special thanks to TheStellarStar, KTIYKY7921, Movie91, iycdvia, ditaange and the subscribers and of course all the comments!! I think this ff nearing its end. I'm brainstorming ideas for the next one but most likely it'll be another CEO story because I love it.