The Princess

My Girlfriend's Best Friend

Due to Tiffany's project with her group members, I'm the one who becomes Jessica's chauffeur. She told me that she had bought a car but it'd take a week to be delivered. So here I am, sending her off to her home after giving her a tour in our University.

"Jessica, we're here," I say as I unbuckle my seatbelt. Oh. No wonder she's so quiet all of a sudden. "Jessica," I shake her body gently and she only groans. "Jessica, we're here," I shake her body more violent and she shoves my face away. How the hell could she know where my face was?

"You do that one more time, I'll punch you, Soojung," she mumbles. Who the hell is Soojung?

"Jessica, it's Tae- Ah! Yah!" I shriek in pain. True to her words, she really punched me. I hold my nose, groaning in pain. 

"O-oh? T-Taeyeon?" She finally wakes up and looks at me holding my nose. "Blood," she points at my nose and when I look at my own hand, it's really bleeding. I glance at my hand then her face then to my hand again. She suddenly pinches the soft part of my nose before she grabs tissue papers.

"Why are you pinchi-"

"First aid," she cuts me. "I'm sorry, oh god. I thought you were my sister," she frowns. "She annoys me all the time," she mumbles before her other hand reaches out for the back of my head and push it down gently. "Look down. Can you pinch your own nose? Use your thumb and index finger,"

"Thanks," I mutter but I still feel her looking at me. "Why?" I glance at her.

"Breathe, silly," she giggles. "You can breathe through your mouth,"

"O-oh," I inhlae a large amount of oxygen and see her laughing at me.

"You're stupid," she chuckles.

"I'm not," I pout. "It's my first time having nose bleed you know. Someone punched me,"

"I'm sorry, ok?" She whines and I playfully scoff. "Yah," she whines again.

"I know," I chuckle, still fingers on my nose. 

¤¤¤

My girlfriend is happily laughing at my nose bleed incident. How come she's that happy? I smacked her to remind her that I'm still here. These 2 people are a mess when they're together. One American girl is enough, I sigh.

"Ohh, Tae Tae," Tiffany clings on my arm. "Don't be mad, hmm? It's just too funny, I-"

"Aren't you supposed to be concern of my well being, Fany-ah?" I pout, only to receive a pinch on my cheek.

"Stop acting so cute," she pokes my nose before walking away to sit on her best friend's couch. She leaves me in the kitchen to cut fruits for the two Americans.

"There you go, princesses," I put down a plate full of fruit slices in front of them and I make sure to add a hint of sarcasm in my words but Jessica's reply isn't what I expected.

"Thanks, peasant," Jessica bats her eyelashes to mock me back but she suddenly groans as my girlfriend smacks her arm.

"Yah. She's still my girlfriend you know," Tiffany frowns.

"Then you guys can be peasants together," she chuckles and I scoff.

"Yah, Jessie," my girlfriend whines at her best friend and Jessica waves her off, laughing. Fany's best friend has nearly no filter but I guess that's her charm. Because it's only the second meeting but I can tell I'll be comfortable with her pretty soon; she's easy to get along with.

¤¤¤

Tiffany and I are cuddling on Jessica's couch, waiting for the 'princess' to come out from her shower when my girlfriend decides to tease me. Her hand slips into my T-shirt, tracing the line of my abs.

"H-hey, we're at Jessica's," I pull her hand out and playfully throw it away.

"But you want me, Tae," she whispers in my ear. "Your hand was groping my ," she smirks and I shudder. I must resist the temptation to take her right here on the couch.

"I-I'll go check on Jessica," I walk away with Fany's laughter as the background. I knock on Jessica's door but I receive no reply.

"Just go in, Tae. She wouldn't mind," Tiffany hollers from the couch. When I enter her room, I see the back of Jessica's figure, trying to clasp her bra.

"O-oh!" I mutter as I spin my body back and my nose hit the door. "I'm sorry," I hold my nose as reflect and I turn my body back to her but fix my gaze on the carpet. "I- I'll- We- we're waiting outside," I close the door behind me and walk back to the couch. That was awkward. I plop next to my girlfriend who's busy scrolling her Instagram and nuzzle on her arm. After few seconds, I feel her sleeves are getting wet and I know she feels it too because she suddenly look at it.

Both of us widen our eyes at what we see; blood. She points at my nose and I know, my nose bleed comes back again. I groan before I run to the kitchen to grab paper towels. I pinch my nose, just like what Jessica taught me. In less than a minute later, the 'princess' comes out from her room and she gasps when she notices Tiffany's blood stained sleeve.

"What the hell, Tiff? What happened?" I can hear her voice filled with worry.

"Taeyeon's having nose bleed again. How hard did-"

"Tsk, byuntae," Jessica scoffs before she approaches me. "She's having nose bleed because she saw me ," she pushes the back of my head down. "She-"

"She- WHAT?!" My girlfriend shouts. Oh god.

"N-no, Fany-ah," I run to her to grab her hand, trying to calm her down. "My nose hit the door just now. I turned my body so fast so the impact is quite-"

"So now you're making up excuses?" She hisses and I blink my eyes.

"No? I'm seri-"

"Did she hit the door, Jessie?" My girlfriend frowns.

"I don't think so," Jessica answers nonchalantly as she opens her fridge. That girl is-

"Yah," Tiffany pouts. "Taeyeon, you-"

"Oh! I think she did!" Jessica turns her body to us. "Is that why you're holding your nose just now?"

God, she makes me crazy. I want to grab her hair and bang her head to the wall and-

"Tae Tae, I'm sorry!" Tiffany suddenly clings on my body and nuzzle on my neck. I frown at her action, she really gets jealous too easily. "Tae, say something," she fixes her gaze on me and I fake a smile as I pat her head.

"It's fine," I mumble, still pinching my nose. As uncomfortable as it is, it's the first aid for nose bleed. I sigh.

"Maybe you should let her your or something so she'll be happy," Jessica buts in our conversation as she walks back to her room. Honestly, I like her suggestion. When I wanted to kill her few seconds ago, now I want to hug her for giving Tiffany such suggestion.

"Do you forgive me now?" Fany pouts. What is she talking- oh. My hand is already on her . I clear my throat as I awkwardly remove it. I let go of my nose and touch my nostrils to make sure the bleeding has stopped before I walk to the nearest bin to dispose the paper towel. I wonder, does that mean she let her boyfriend be all touchy to her?

"Alright, my peasants! Let's go for dinner," Jessica chirps happily as she drags both of us out from her apartment unit, of course after my girlfriend changes her clothes. I can hear Tiffany's whine at her best friend's use of word but all I can do is to shake my head. I know, arguing with the 'princess' will be no use. 'Princess' always wins and to be honest, I do feel like her personal slave. I can't deny that.

¤¤¤

Today is supposed to be my resting day but here I am, being dragged on a double date. It's not that I don't want to spend time with Tiffany but I just don't want to leave my house. Usually we would just cuddle on the couch, of course with my hands groping here and there but that's it.

Now, we're at the amusement park because the 'princess' wants to enjoy the roller coasters with her dear boyfriend. Why is Tiffany friends with someone like Jessica? I sigh. I just hope that we won't enter the haunted house attraction. It's not the ghosts that creep me out, it's Tiffany's nails digging into the skin of my hand- arms, actually, that scares me. They leave marks for quite some time.

We're just strolling around, trying to find fun attractions for ourselves when suddenly Jessica's boyfriend needed to go back. He said that his father just came from overseas and he demanded him to be back as soon as possible. Jessica wanted to go with him but he told her that she could just join us and didn't need to bother about his father. So here I am, end up being the third wheel.

"Tiff! Let's go to the haunted house!" Jessica happily suggests and I widen my eyes. Oh no. Why didn't I wear long sleeves or jackets or sweaters or anything that can cover my arms?

"Jessie, I scratch Taeyeon a lot when I'm scared," Tiffany looks at me with worry. Why did she need to look at me like that?

"So, we're not goin-"

"If you want to enter then we should enter, Fany-ah," I give her a small smile. "We don't really go to amusement parks so might as well maximise our time, hmm?"

"But, later your arms-"

"She'll be fine, Tiff," Jessica cuts her. "Let's go!" She excitedly drags my girlfriend away to queue for the attraction. I sigh. Jessica is really something. Suddenly, I miss her boyfriend; she seemed so tamed with him. She was this 'oh, protect me oppa' when she was with Dongwook but when he's not here, she becomes the 'princess' again. What she demands is what she gets. God, give me patience to deal with this girl.

¤¤¤

Just like what I expected, my arms are full of marks and scratches now. What made it worse was Jessica's piercing scream. I think all the workers are probably deaf by now, listening to all her super high pitched screams. Tiffany is way better than her. At least she didn't break my eardrums.

"It was so scarry," Jessica mumbles as she clings on Tiffany's left arm. Meanwhile, Tiffany holds my hand tightly. I need to caress it with my thumb just to calm her down. She smiles when she realises what I'm doing.

"You should thank Taeyeon for holding you too, Jessie," my girlfriend mutters. "I wanted to leave you there because of your screams," she laughs and her best friend nudges her ribs.

"It's natural for me to scream, ok?" She scowls. "Thanks, Taeyeon," she hollers from Tiffany's side. I just shake my head at her antic.

"Do you guys want to go home now or-"

"Let's go home, your arms need to be treated," Tiffany frowns, looking at my arms and I just nod at her. Finally, we're going hom-

"Can you drop me off at Dongwook's? I want to say 'hi' at his father. It's been some time that I visited the old man," Jessica chuckles. I sigh before agreeing to her request. As much as I want to say 'no' to her, I remember my girlfriend told me to treat her like a part of her family. So here I am, being nice to her.

¤¤¤

I just end my phone call with Tiffany, of course after I dropped her off and after she attended my wound. She makes it a compulsory for me to call her when I reach home. Just so that she'd know that I'm safe. For some people they'd think she's being too much but for me that's fine. I know this is her way to show that she cares for me. She won't be protective, demanding and easily get jealous if she doesn't love me.

I check my phone and it shows that midnight has passed. Today is a tiring day. Just when I am about to turn it off, my phone blinks, indicating I just receive a new message; it is from the 'princess'. That's what I saved her number as, but of course with the apostrophe.

 

Taeyeon, can you come to my apartment now? I kind of need a friend

 

I stare at the message for few seconds, making sure that what I read is correct. I ignore the text because I don't feel the need to reply her immediately. Who knows she just wants to annoy me? I leave my phone on the bedstand as I proceed to take a shower.

When I return, a new message is received; it was from Jessica too. I noticed it was from 5 minutes ago.

 

I called Tiff and she didn't pick up. Are you asleep? Can you come?

 

I frown. Is she being serious? Did something hap- oh, she's calling me.

"H-hello?" I clear my throat, my voice sounds groggy somehow. Must be because I didn't drink enough water.

"T-Taeyeon?" She pauses. Why does she sound a bit different? Is she having a flu? But she was ok during the whole time in amusement park. Sore throat? "Did you already sleep?"

"Uhh- no. I just finished showering,"

"Can you come?"

"I- uhh-"

"I-I know it-" she pauses and I hear a faint sound of her blowing her nose. Is she sick? "I know it passed midnight and you must be very tired but can you come, please?" Her voice sounds pleading and honestly I don't know what to say. What will Fany think if I go to her best friend's house at this time of night? I clench my jaw, feeling annoyed at the position I am in. What am I supposed to do? What if Fany gets all jealous and angry? I don't want to have another cold war.


A/N what will Taeyeon do?

Thanks for all the subscribers and the comments! I really appreciate it, guys.

Special thanks for Taeng_Sica who voted for this :)