Friends

My Girlfriend's Best Friend

Tiffany leaps into my arms as soon as she sees me when I open the door for her. She gives me a passionate kiss, which of course, makes me ecstatic.

"How are you?" She leans her forehead with mine before she pecks my lips.

"Barely surviving with your best friend,"

"Yah! I heard that!" Jessica throws a pillow at my and I chuckle before putting Tiffany down. She goes to hug her best friend and there we go again, me being the third wheel.

"Hey, I'll get going," I say as I put the pillow on the coffee table.

"Where? Your class has ended, Taeyeon," my girlfriend frowns.

"Yuri, the usual," I give her a small smile before I peck her cheek. "I'll meet you for dinner?" She holds my hand.

"Sure," she caress my hand with her thumb. "Ask Yuri to join us. Jessica should meet new people besides us," she chuckles as she looks at her best friend and Jessica just nods. I bet this girl is sleepy already, her eyes are closing. I point at her best friend and Tiffany gets what I mean.

¤¤¤

Yuri and I has just ended our work out time. I honestly don't like cardio or lifting weights or even going to the gym but I do this for my girlfriend; It's for my stamina. I remember Yuri's laughter when I told her for the first time.

"So, how's Tiff?" She wriggles her eyebrows and I shove her away. "If you're tired of her, give her to me, Taeng," she nudges my ribs playfully and I smack her head. If it's other people I would definitely beat them to death but because it's Yuri, I know she's just joking. Both of us have been together ever since we were 6 so we really know each other very well just like Tiffany and Jessica. Being with Yuri is fun because I am sure that she's the guy in her relationship, just like me; so I don't need to be a gentle woman when we're together.

"Do you have plans for dinner?" I ask her as I grab my towel and clean clothes to take shower.

"God, Taeng! I didn't know you're into me righ-" she stops when she heard me, snort.

"I'd marry any guy if my choice is either you or males, Yul," I laugh and she does too. "Tiffany will be there with her friend,"

"Sure. I miss seeing your girlfriend's plump ," she runs away to the cubicle after she said that. I'll kill her later.

¤¤¤

I blink my eyes, many many times; Yuri is embarassing. She's been openly flirting with Jessica despite the fact that I told her I want a peaceful dinner.

"So you're saying that Taeng is staying with you for 6 more days?" Yuri puts her elbow on the table and prop her chin with it, eyes staring at Jessica.

"Yeah," Jessica gives her a small smile.

"You know, I don't mind living with you for my entire life," she winks at her and I smack her head.

"You lesbo, stop-" I pause as Yuri's phone suddenly rings. She goes quite far from the table to take the call. When she returns, she tells us that she needs to go but of course, after asking Jessica her number. I can't believe my eyes when she calmly key in her number on Yuri's phone.

"Alright, see you, sweetheart," Yuri winks at Jessica before she pecks on Fany's cheek.

"Yah," I growl and the lesbo just gives me pats on my back which feels like beating more than pats, actually. Jessica giggles over our interaction, same as Tiffany.

"Sorry, I should've told her that you're not into girls," I rub my nape awkwardly but Jessica shows us her phone screen instead.

"Already did," Jessica smiles. "She's funny," she giggles again. I read the lesbo's reply and it makes me shake my head;

 

Then I'll see you when you change your mind ;)

 

"Does that mean she doesn't want to meet Jessie unless she switches her preference?" Tiffany raises an eyebrow and I just shrug before both of them laugh hard.

"By the way, why are you so nice to her? You treat me like a slave," I pout and Tiffany pats my cheek as she giggles. 

"That's because I'm comfortable with you," Jessica smiles before she continues to chew on her broccoli.

"You have broccoli stuck on your teeth," I point at my own teeth to show her the position.

"And because you're annoying," she snorts before she grabs a tissue and a toothpick.

"Careful, your snot might come out again," I and she throws the toothpick that she just used at me. "How is that called annoying? I'm being nice, ok?" I look at her in disgust and she just smirks back. God, she's the one who's annoying. My girlfriend just laughs at our interaction as she pats my thigh under the table.

"It's great to see both of you getting closer," Fany gives us a warm smile and I can't do nothing but to smile back. If she's happy then I'm happy too.

¤¤¤

A week ago, I moved out from Jessica's house and truth to be told, I kind of miss the annoying girl. The worse thing is Tiffany turns out to be busy with another project so we can't really meet that often. Usually we'd just meet for a quick lunch or dinner then off she goes to her group mates.

My boring days are spent with my lesbo friend: Yuri, sometimes, and of course, going to my classes. As much as I want to just go to Jessica's house to have a chat or something, I know I can't; Tiffany will be jealous. There's no reason for me to go to her best friend's house, anyway. So here I am, gymming alone because apparently Yuri prefers to search for one night stands than spending time with her best friend.

On my way home, I decide to just stroll along the supermarket, trying to look for ideas for my dinner. I notice a brunette coughing, many times, from the snacks section. That girl is weird, why would she eat Lays if she's sick? I shake my head as I walk to the section to get my Pepero.

"Yah, you're not going to say hi?" The brunette who happens to be Jessica pouts at me. She could've said hi in a much more civilised way, right? She sounds like she wants to fight with me.

"Don't eat that, it'll get worse," I grab the Lays from her cart and put it back on the shelves.

"God, you're anno-" she coughs. "Ying," she takes her chips back.

"What have you been eating ever since I moved out?" I frown at her, eyes glancing at the bag of chips. How to take it from her cart?

"I don't know, I eat-" cough "outside food,"

"Fried food?" I ask her and she just nods. I sigh. "Follow me, I'm cooking you dinner,"

¤¤¤

I messaged Tiffany, saying that I'm at Jessica's house to cook dinner for her sick friend. I asked Jessica to sleep as I cook Chicken soup for her and Ginger tea as well. That's what I usually eat when I have a cold. About her Lays, I told her that I wanted it as my payment for cooking her dinner. Guess what, she asked me to eat it in front of her so she could be sure that I wouldn't throw it away. I sigh. I don't even eat chips, Jessica.

I knock on her door and receive no answer. I turn the knob slowly and see her sleeping with both of her arms up as if she's getting detention. I should take a picture of this to blackmail her in the future. After I keep the picture safe in my phone, I shake her shoulder gently. This time, I keep my face far enough from her hands, in case she punches me again.

"Jessica, your food is ready," I shake her body more violently but this time what she does next shocks me more than when she punched me. She pulls me into her arms making my body lies on top of her.

"Wookie, I miss you," she whispers and nuzzle on my neck. This makes me frown and shake her more violently. "Please don't go," she mumbles and this time, I feel my neck and shoulders a bit wet.

"Jessica," I try to release myself from her arms but what she says next, makes me widen my eyes.

"I'll let you do whatever you want with my body. We can do more than groping, Wookie. Please," she sobs and I feel her hand grabbing mine and put it on her chest to squish her assets. Oh god. What is she doing? "You want this, right?"

"Jessica!" I shout as I straddle her. I grab both of her wrists with my left hand and pin it above her head; my right hand squish both of her cheeks. "Wake up!" I clench my jaw as she is wriggling her body. "Jessica! Jess-" I stop shouting as she suddenly opens her eyes and fixes her gaze on mine. 

"T-Taeyeon," she trails off and I breathe in relief.

"Finally you're awake," I smile at her as I wipe her tears away. "You had a bad dre-"

"I thought you were him," tears build up in her eyes again. "Sorry,"

"Are you ok?" I remove my grip on her wrist and I stop straddling her; I move to sit beside her.

"I'm not," she mumbles before she pulls me into a hug. If she's hurting like this then why did she pretend to be over him? I could've stayed longer if she asked me to. "Every time I close my eyes, he's just-" her words are cut by her own coughings. "There," she trails off. All I do is to hold her tight; why do I feel sad seeing her like this? "He comes back more often when I'm alone. He's just-"

"Do you want me to stay over?" I fix her gaze on her teary eyes. "I can- you know, annoy you and stuffs so you won't feel alone," I give her a small smile as I push strands of her hair that's hiding her face. "We can Netflix and chill again," I grin and she gives me a small smile which honestly makes me happy. "Hmm? What do you say? I don't think Tiffany will mind,"

"Ok, text your Fany," she mumbles before she reaches for her pillow and hugs it tight. She looks like an adorable child waiting for candies. Cute. What the hell, did I say cute?

"Sure,"

¤¤¤

I've been contemplating when would be the right moment to ask about Dongwook. I don't think Netflix and chill will help her because I feel like we're just running away from her problem; It's not good at all. I sigh, if only she would-

"Taeyeon," Jessica calls out my name softly.

"Yes?" I glance at her as I pour the Ginger tea into her cup. The hot soup and the tea seems to be a good remedy for .

"Should I just move back to US?" She sighs.

"What? Don't move back," I frown. "Show him that you're doing damn fine without him, Sica," I take her hand and caress it with my thumb. I hope my action can calm her down. "You're pretty, Sica- no, you're beautiful, really," I lock my gaze at her. "Guys and some girls will kill just to be with you,"

"They fantasize about me," she snorts but she doesn't remove her hand. "Dongwook was one of them too until he got too tired. I guess any relationship without will not work," she scoffs and leans her head on the couch. "I thought after all my ex boyfriends, I finally met the one," she chuckles bitterly. "I just- I'm- I feel so lonely, Taeyeon," she gazed at me. "All my friends are having their relationship very nicely and- and- lovely and- I don't know, I- I'm just jealous," she sighs. "Why can't anyone understand that I'm saving my V-card for the night after the wedding day? Why can't-" she clenches her jaw then she closes her eyes. Tears stream down her face again. What am I supposed to do? Is she like Tiffany who only wants to be heard or does she want my opinion? I look at our hands where my hand is still on top of her.

What can calm a girl down? 

Usually I'd cup Fany's cheek and lock my gaze at her until she calms down. Then I'd pepper her with kisses until she smiles or giggles. But Jessica is not Tiffany; she's just a friend and Yuri doesn't get emotional over anything so I don't really have experience on this. I just- I should trust what my heart says.

"Call me whenever you feel lonely, Sica," I start to caress her hand again and she opens her eyes to look at me. "Call me anytime and I'll be there, maybe with Tiffany," I chuckle. "But both of us will be beside you. Let me be your friend," I give her a lopsided grin and she pushes me lightly. "Why?" I whine.

"I thought we've been friends all this ti-"

"Then best friends!" I raise my voice at her and she widens her eyes, shocked at what I just did. "Let's call each other when we're bored, gossip about other people and celebrities too," I chuckle and she does too. "And you know, we can watch those movies I've watched but you haven't-"

"You really love movies is it?" She smiles and I just nod.

"Then we can have those midnight snacks- no, I mean, you can have them and grow fat, I-" I stop to whine at her as she kicks me off the couch suddenly. "You should drop your fashion design course and just be an MMA fighter, you know," I groan as I plop back next to her. This time, my forehead is on her shoulder and my arms wrap around her body. "My best friend is an MMA fighter!" I hug her tightly as I shake her body. 

"Stop acting so cute!" She laughs at me and tries to release her body from my grip. Eventually she just let me do what I want and her hands hold my arm. "Thank you, Taeyeon-ah," she whispers. "Now I know why Tiffany loves you so much,"


A/N taengsic getting closer and closer! Next chapter will be a fight between 2 girls. Guess which two? Hahahah.. and I add Yuri inside this story because it feels weird that Taeyeon doesn't have a best friend hahaha

Special thanks to taeny39, imnoGoo for voting this!