CH 29: January 7, 2014

Moon and Diamonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: yall are amazing!!! vote and comment please!!!

 

CH 29: January 7, 2014

“Yes, Eomma,” I consoled into the phone, “I don't even know why you're worrying about it, he'll be fine.”

She sighed. “I can't believe it, to be honest. When Langston told me he wanted to go into acting, I thought he was just joking. Now he's in China, using my maiden name, and being casted for movies.”

“I know,” I switched the phone to speaker as I began folding clothes, “crazy how time flies. Also, I can't believe you actually let him.”

“Yes, well, after I lost you to entertainment, I thought what's the big deal about letting another go? Now I regret it.” I laughed as she groaned. Eomma had started confiding in me more ever since Korea had become my home. It was probably because she actually finally understood I had a life of my own and was a lot more mature than the Lani who had almost burned down the house when I had left brownies burning in the oven. 

“Well, at least you've got Lauren,” I suggested. 

“Oh, please. Ever since you went into K-pop, the girl has been wanting to do the same.” I raised my eyebrows at this. 

“Oh, hell no.” I dropped the clothes in my hand, feeling protective of my baby sister. There was no way she could handle the industry. 

“Language,” my mother berated. 

“Yes, sorry,” I picked up the blouse again. “But no way--”

“You're late. I've already yelled at her.”

“Good.” Two sharp raps at the door averted my attention. “Yes?” Jia poked her head in. 

“They're here,” she sang. 

“Oh, okay. I'm coming.” She nodded and closed the door. “Eomma, I have to go, they're here.” I started picking up the clothes to put them into the closet. 

“Okay, bye, Lani. I love you.”

“Bye, mummy! Love you, too.” I ended the call and sighed, instantly missing her voice. I shook the nostalgia off, stretching before leaving mine and Emika’s room. 

The rest of the apartment was filled with an energetic buzz already. I could hear the boys in the kitchen before I could see them. I entered the kitchen with a smile on my face. 

Jongdae saw me first. “Lani-yah!” The boy exclaimed. He made his way to me, crossing a few feet and hugging me. 

“Hey, kid.” I hugged him back. 

“Yah,” he said, loosening his arms, “I'm older than you.”

“Physically.” I tapped my temple. “Up here, you're a child.” He narrowed his eyes and mocked my voice. “Oh, shut up.” I moved away from him, greeting the rest with a wave. 

I counted the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter