CH 16: June 14, 2013

Moon and Diamonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CH 16: June 14, 2013

Okay, so maybe I shouldn't have protested so much. I decided that even in the car, as Luhan, Sehun, Jongdae, and Kai decided to ride with us. Our ugly karaoke had me nearly in tears. 

Plus, the restaurant where we went was amazing. The food was to die for and we had gotten a personal room as a party of 15. 

The twelve of them, plus their manager, were collectively hilarious. They traded insults, making fun of sleeping habits and dance moves. 

“It looks like Harry Potter’s scar!” Kai urged Baekhyun to raise his arm as we all laughed. 

I screwed my eyes shut as I all but cackled. “Jongin, you're so mean!” I said between laughs. 

“I'm not, I'm just being honest!” I ran out of laughter and tried to compose myself. With little giggles slipping out of my lips, I shook my head at Jongin, reaching over to pour myself a glass of water. 

Across from me, Chanyeol had the same idea. As my hand wrapped around the pitcher, his landed atop mine. He jerked it away sharply, as if he had been stung. 

“Oh, sorry,” I mumbled, taking my hand off of it. “You can-”

“No, it's okay,” he replied. “Take it.” I reached my hand back out and poured water into my glass. Jongdae spoke up from next to me. 

“Chanyeol, why are your ears red?” He commented with his arms folded as he leaned back in his chair. I glanced over at Jongdae’s object of interest, which were indeed, red. 

“They're not,” Chanyeol protested, his hand moving up to cover them. 

“Really?” Chen prodded. 

“They're not, hyung,” Chanyeol repeated. I could hear Kris let out an exasperated groan from the end of the table. 

“Hm,” Chen hummed satisfactorily. “Okay.”

“Lani, are you done?” Ilwon interrupted the silence that followed Chanyeol and Jongdae’s riff. 

“Uh, yeah, just about,” I answered, finishing up the bit of water left in my glass. 

“Shall we go, then? It's almost one.” 

“Oh, yeah, probably. Ahra’s been texting me a lot.” I removed the napkin sitting atop my lap and got up. “Thank you for the meal!” I bowed to the table of men as I pushed my chair in. 

“I'll see you out,” Jongdae said, picking up his napkin from his lap. 

“You don't need to, thanks, though.” I ruffled his hair with a hand. “Text me.” 

I gave everyone one last “annyeong” as Ilwon led me out of the room. 

“They're… different,” he announced as we closed the door behind us. “Yoda especially.” I elbowed him. 

“Don't be rude.”

***

“Oh, f**k!” I yelled. The frame on the wall came crashing down as I fell with it. I groaned, getting up and picking up the frame of one of Jia’s many paintings. 

“Lani?” Ahra’s voice called out from deeper in our dorm. “Is that you?”

“Yeah,” I called back, setting the frame on the spot where it originally was. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter