CH 21: October 19, 2013

Moon and Diamonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BEFORE YOU BEGIN: 

If you read Chapter 17 (titled 16) prior to May 17, 2017, I had accidentally posted Chapter 16 twice instead of posting chapter 17. I have fixed it now, so if you want to go back and read, please do. 

CH 21: October 19, 2013

 

“There’s so many people,” I whispered as I peeked at the crowd.

 

“Why are you whispering, they can’t hear you?” Jongdae burst my bubble of wonder. I turned around and narrowed my eyes.

 

“I didn’t ask you, Jongdae.”

 

“There’s literally no one else here for you to be talking to, don’t be-”

 

“Yeah, there is, rat!” I looked at an equipment worker next to us and suddenly grabbed his shoulder. “I was talking to him! What’s your name, sir?” He looked at me with wide eyes, honestly looking petrified.

 

“Lani,” Jongdae hissed, grabbing my wrist and pulling me back to him. “I’m sorry, sir, she’s… not normal?” He ended it like a question and the man nodded with confused eyes. “Come on.” With his hand still wrapped around my wrist, he tugged me back, back to where we were supposed to be, where everyone else was.

 

As we walked back, he scolded me. “You can’t just do that, idiot!”

 

“Why not?” I goaded him.

 

“You just can’t, Lani, don’t ask questions!” I laughed at his response as we reached the room serving as the commons. Hyerin, Chanyeol and Sehun were sitting at one of the nine tables set out, where Jongdae led me.

 

“Love your reasoning, Dae, it’s the best.” The seated trio looked up at us at my words.

 

“Shut up,” he muttered, plopping down and letting go of my wrist. I took the seat next to Chanyeol’s as he watched me.

 

“Dae?” Chanyeol repeated as I made myself comfortable.

 

“Hm?” I looked at him. “Oh, yeah. Dae. Like Yeol, y’know.”

 

“Like Yeol.”

 

“That’s right.”

 

“Do you call everyone by their last syllable?” He leaned back a bit in his chair.

 

“Whenever it sounds right, I guess,” I replied, picking up on a prickly undertone. “Are you alright? You sound… weird.”

 

“Oh, no,” he shook his head like he was shaking off his mood, “I’m fine.” He smiled at me, less radiant than his usual grin that I was used to.

 

“Okay.”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Great.”

 

“Cool.”

 

Hyerin cut in. “Can you two stop? There’s a room there, there, there…” She pointed all around us, making Jongdae and Sehun laugh, and Chanyeol blush. I, however, reached over and smacked the violet-haired girl.

 

“Shut up, ugly,” I smirked as she rubbed the spot I had hit. She frowned at me.

 

“I hate you.”

 

“No, I hate you,” I replied mockingly.

 

“Okay, can you guys stop?” Chanyeol mimicked. “There’s a room there, there, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter