CH 26: November 22, 2013

Moon and Diamonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

CH 26: November 22, 2013

a/n: why the hell is this bolded idk how to undo it

 

I crossed and uncrossed my legs nervously, sitting stiffly, sure not to mess up the ironing of my clothes (which there was no point of because, as Jinae had repeatedly explained, they were ‘disaster proof’). The loose black trousers fit snugly just above my hips, giving space for my white lace crop top to show off the waist that I had created, as well as the belly button ring I had got the day before.

 

“Are you kids ready?” Our new manager sounded upbeat as he asked us.

 

“Ready for anything,” I sang, referencing one of the tracks from our EP. Hyerin laughed from behind me, Jia too.

 

Emika sang the next line. “Throw all you’ve got, I’ll throw it back.” The rapper’s vocals were pleasant as she sang the line of our chorus.

 

“Yeah!” I pumped my fist in the air, rather lamely. Ahra looked at me in the rearview mirror, smiling slightly.

 

“You're a loser,” she sighed. Silence followed her words, welcomed by the anxious aura in the car. Hong Kong scenery whizzed by as I practiced our seven minute performance of “Gemini” and “Sirens” in my mind. The MAMAs were beginning in maybe a little over half an hour; we were less than seven minutes away right now.

 

The award show was to be our second; the Mel0n Music Awards a week ago had been our first, and had granted us with three awards: Hot Trend, Best New Artist, and the ninth in Top 10 Artists. Our nominations for Song of the Year and Artist of the Year had not went through. I didn't feel bitter; the awards had gone to labelmates and friends.

 

We were nominated for more in MAMA. I was hoping for at least two out of the nine we were nominated for. I knew some were out of reach, but a few, like new artist awards, were practical.

 

***

 

“That's actually him,” I whispered to Hyerin.

 

“I know. God, he's even hotter in person,” the now platinum blonde girl sighed.

 

“We should try sitting next to him,” I suggested.

 

“Yes, can we?” She looked at me wildly.

 

“No, you can't,” Emika tugged on our clothes from behind. “He's G-Dragon, he has no time for you.” I pouted as she forced us to turn around. “And, we have assigned seats.”

 

“I hate your practicality,” I sighed as she led us to said seats.

 

“My practicality is probably the only thing that stops you from completely embarrassing yourself,” she stated matter-of-factly.

 

“More like the only thing that stops me from getting a sugar daddy,” I muttered under my breath as we sat down.

 

“What?” Emika snapped her head towards me.

 

“Nothing, eomma,” I smiled sweetly, batting my eyelashes.

 

“I thought so,” she grumbled, turning to Jia and Ahra sitting next to her. Hyerin snorted next to me.

 

“You're so right,” she said, smirking.

 

“I know, I know,” I said as though she had paid me a compliment. EXO was to our right; behind them was Crayon Pop; to the right of them was 2NE1, next to them (Kings) BigBang. Suho and Chen were conveniently the ones closest to us. I hissed their name.

 

Jongdae shot me with finger guns and Junmyeon flash

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter