Chptr 15

The Apple of One's Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I can't believe that I’m going to work with that son of a–“

“Director Jung!”

Yonghwa huffed his annoyance as he turns and glare at his new secretary. Taeyeon lower her head when their eyes met and Yonghwa’s gaze fueled with fire.

He still remembers of him and Baekhyun being rivalry even though both of them just two years apart by age. Baekhyun just hates him from the first time they both met. He doesn’t know what went wrong but it just irks him even just the mention of his name. He tries to befriend with Baekhyun but the man himself didn’t want any kind connection with Yonghwa. He’s done trying to befriend with him when Baekhyun purposely humiliates him infront of everyone during one of Baekhyun’s birthday party. Baekhyun pushes him suddenly until he knocked one of the waiter that brought some red wines for them and wet his chest with the wines.

He never felt more embarrassed from that day onwards. He swears that Baekhyun just needs to annoy him in some ways. Even both of their father very good friends with each other.

“I–I do–don’t know what history that both of yo–you had, but please, I hope I could learn professionalism from you” she did stutter a bit yet managed to give out her opinion.

Yonghwa huffed out breaths before something tick in his mind, “I didn’t expect to see you here though”

Taeyeon stiffened at the words only then she chuckled. “I’ve been working here for quite a while, Director Jung. Maybe because of me being on site more than staying at the office making me kind of invisible which make you didn’t see me?”

Yonghwa nod. “It's weird to hear you calling me formally though”

“My work, director-nim,” she said politely.

They both standing in the elevator in silence. He still keeps his gaze on until the elevator finally reached the design department. He grumbles under his breath as he walks out from the steel box.

Taeyeon sighing out loud before she follows Yonghwa.

The whole department is silent as if they all aware of the sudden drop aura from their manager. Yonghwa still wrapped in his own world when the title of Taeyeon gave towards him just moments ago, finally hits him. Hence, he stops on his track and turns to look at the whole department of his.

All eyes widen at the sudden abrupt which makes all of them clumsily being “busy”.

The actions didn’t go unnoticed by the director, which make him chuckles at their flustered movements. There's a small smile of adoration on Taeyeon’s face when she seeing the scene before her.

Yonghwa is sure that he going to miss this department the most since they have been like a family towards him for these past years. He’s so grateful to everyone in the design department. Shoving down the thoughts, he finally cleared his throat and ready to make the announcement for his promotion and also him leaving the department.

 

 

{…}

 

 

 

Seohyun huffed her breath before wipe her sweats on her forehead. After having a very bashful morning for her, she enjoying her breakfast in her bed and Yonghwa took care of the dishes right after she finishes her meals. She wanting to help him through but the man himself politely refused and went to the office. Not before he pecked her on the forehead.

His hot touch still lingers on her forehead though as it keeps on reminding her of what had happened in the morning. She couldn’t help when the heat reaches her cheeks.

Seohyun groan unknowingly smiles at the thought.

“Seohyun unnie?”

Seohyun turns to meet with one of her closes friends, Jung Soojung. She and Soojung met through Soojung’s sister, Jung Sooyeon. She and Soojung have been close since they both shared the same interest in fashion and arts. Besides, they both have been university buddies even though they take a different course. When both Seohyun and Soojung graduate, they both took the same flight to fly back here, South Korea. Only to separate when she’s landed a job at Jeju and Seohyun continue her mother’s legacy here at Seoul. It's unfortunate though that they both rarely keep in touch together when they land back here. She’s been missing Soojung so much.

Until she got a text from her a few days ago, making her shudder in relieved. She thought that something might happen towards her since its been awhile Soojung has been contacted her. Even though Soojung and her didn’t seem so close but she does care for Soojung’s just like a friend does. Even Soojung a few years younger than her, but she never sees Soojung as a little girl instead she treated her as a close friend of her since she always stays by her side at the States before. Soojung is an independent girl that could handle herself well but sometimes, she just needs someone that hold her on the ground to remind her that she is not alone and she can have a sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter