Unusual

It's hurt

Yuri’s POV

 

Ring Ring

 

Like a typical school day, I woke up from my bed to the sound that was produced by my phone. Unlike the old days, I didn’t wake up grumpy nor did I wake up from the annoying sound of my phone’s alarm clock. With a smile on my face, I grabbed my phone that was buzzing on my nightstand and answered.

“Good morning baby” She beat me to it again. Between the both of us, we have created a game. The game is pretty simple. The rule is whoever does the greeting first is the winner and the price is they gets to call the other ‘baby’. On the other hand, the loser has to call the winner …

“Good morning honey” I replied with a hint of sulking in my voice, I want to call my baby ‘baby’. How did it come to that? Well simply because Jessica doesn’t like it when I call her baby. She said and I quote

‘I’m older than you, I should be the one who take good of you. Therefore the baby is you, not me.’ And why did we end up with ‘honey’? You might ask. Let me clarify one thing though, I did protest. Not that I have anything against the word but it makes us sound like an old couple. Now let me quote her again

‘Honey isn’t old, instead it is sweet and romantic. Beside when we call each other like that, it makes me feel like I want you to protect me.’ Well that reason was hard to resist. I want to protect her, hell to that I want to be her only hero. Still I protested because she will always be my baby. Therefore instead of let it come between us, we made it into a game.

“Wake up, sleepyhead. I made a breakfast for you. I will leave it with Taeyeon as usual, okay?” Jessica said. I could hear sound of cup being put down and her grabbing her car key. I picked up my Mickey Mouse alarm clock on the nightstand and it read 6am. 6 in the morning again.

“What time did you wake up this morning?” I asked concerning about her lack of sleep.

“Five, why?” She chuckled, finally realizing why I pestering her. “It’s okay, I already had my first cup of coffee.” Still

“You went to bed at 12am last night because you were talking to me on the phone.” I said more like rapped.

“Because you refused to hang up.” She replied as if it was normal, well maybe to her. The sound of door opening could be heard, I guess she finally got out of her apartment.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t act like a spoil brat.” I said, I really did act like an idiot last night.

“It’s okay baby, I enjoyed hearing your voice. Our conversation made me happy. Anyway I really have to go. Goodbye be a good girl at school okay. Muah!” Blowing kiss, I will never stop loving this girl.

“Okay okay, goodbye honey. Muah!” And then we hang up.

 

Author’s POV

 

Yuri drove her motorbike to school and parked at her usual spot. Everything about her was usual today except for the glowing smile on her face. She got off her motorbike, took off her helmet and put it on its usual spot. She was turning her head left and right messily styling her long hair with the wind when she noticed that there was one unusual thing in the parking lot today, a black Lamborghini was parking on the teachers’ parking lot. Alright SONE High does pay their teachers really well but there was no way in hell that the car could belong to any of them, but that really wasn’t her business. She walked inside the school with everyone looking weirdly at her. Remember the smile? She didn’t normally look like that. She scanned her eyes through the crowd looking for the one person that she really needed to see.

“Over here” Taeyeon shouted as she spotted Yuri in the middle of the school hallway. She was afraid that Yuri would scanned pass her because of her height.

“Who is the new girl with a stupid smile on her face?” Tiffany popped out of nowhere like she usually did. She stood beside Taeyeon and pointed to Yuri.

“That is Yuri. Forgive her stupid smile, she is in love.” Taeyeon said. She turned from her locker toward her girlfriend and started fixing her uniform shirt. She wondered why everyone hates button up their shirts properly. Not that their business disturbed her but Tiffany’s iness definitely disturbed her hormone. Yuri, in her school uniform and a goofy smile on her face stood in front of them and hold up her hand.

“My breakfast” She said still with her smile. Taeyeon sighed and handed out a neatly pack box with heart shape sandwiched. When will this hellish rainbow flying unicorn honeymoon phase be over?

“Glad to see you eating breakfast well, Yuri.” Tiffany said as the tall girl took out the heart shape vegetable stuffed bread and started gulping down its content.

“Yah slow down. No one is going to take it away from you.” Taeyeon scolded as her bestfriend stuffed her own face in the middle of the hallway.

“Are you still going to Taeyeon’s house with us after school?” Tiffany asked as she looked at her watch, school is about to start.

“I will, I already did all of my assignment. I’m going to get a ton of rewards from my baby today.” Yuri replied with her goofy smile and her sauce covered lips. Taeyeon slammed a box of tissue on her free hand and close her locker.

“Wipe your mouth and finish your food before talking. Come on, let’s go to class.” She took Tiffany’s books and held her hand before gesturing Yuri to follow them.

 

Ring Ring

 

The bell rang indicating the end of the last morning period. The empty hallway started becoming noisy. Both teachers and students were walking out on their way to the cafeteria.

“It is finally lunch time.” Tiffany announced as she got up and stretched her body. What a good nap. Yuri looked out of the window trying to spot her girlfriend hoping to catch a glimpse of hers before parting way. Jessica hasn’t reply to any of her sweet texts and that really is disturbing her. Her girlfriend never ignore her despite her busy teaching schedule. She would have called her if only she was allowed too. Too bad they have a rule not to interact at school.

“Yuri, pack up your stuffs. You will see her in the evening.” Taeyeon advised while fixing Tiffany’s after nap hair.

 

There was not many students left but not too little either. As a figure, a handsome figure to be exact walking along the school corridor, everyone was in awe. The handsome man pushed his straight hair back revealing his well shape jawline. He brought his hands down inside each sides of his pockets and stopped in front of the trio.

“Oh my god, he is so handsome.” Girl #1 said as she tried to get a glimpse of him through on of the windows.

“He is really handsome but not as handsome as Yuri.” Girl #2 still stealing glances at the tall girl.

“This is the girl’s high school, the boy’s is over there.” Yuri said without spearing a glance at the guy as she pointed to the building opposite from hers.

“Hello to you too” He said following by a whispered “sister”

“What do you want?” Yuri asked

“Nothing, I just happened to take a stroll with my brother and want to see how everything have been treating you so far.” He walked up to the board and start playing with the marker. Taeyeon snickered. If you were someone else, you would have thought that this is the sweetest cousin interaction of the year but this obviously is a childish act.

“Well thank for the concern but we’re leaving.” Yuri replied as the trio made their way out of the classroom.

“My mom told me that you have a girlfriend. That is not surprising since you are in the all-girl high school and all but still, shouldn’t you think before you decide to do stupid thing?” He asked still facing the board. Hearing nothing from the trio, he decided to continue.

“You and my brother are not that much different. Both of you like to play hero helping damsels in distress. Both of you like to pick up poor girls and make them feel like a princesses. Still there is a different. My brother knows the true differences between real life and games.”

“Let it go.”Taeyeon said but Yuri turned around despite her protest.

“What is your point, Minho?” He chuckled upon hearing his name. She was angry, he knew and he liked it.

“What I'm trying to tell you is that  of yours is on a date with my brother right now.”