War

It's hurt

Author’s POV

 

“She hit Minho in the face.” Taeyeon said as she made her way into the bathroom. After their last class ended, the trio decided to call Taeyeon’s driver to take them to her house together. Yuri did protest when Jessica said they had to leave without her, but she calmed down when Jessica promised to join them later in the late evening.

“What? Let me see your hand.” Yuri screamed in shock and got off her seat to gently holding up Tiffany’s hand in hers. After many hours had passed since the incident, the redness had gone but the strong impact still giving her pain.

“Why did you do that? It hurts me to see you get hurt.” Yuri said as she started putting pressure on her hand and massaging it.

“He was being so disrespectful toward you and my cousin, I can’t just stand still and watch.” Tiffany replied back pouting a little for being pampered by her girlfriend’s bestfriend. Yuri smiled at the cuteness. Is this why Taeyeon love pampering Tiffany so much? The girl is cuter than a puppy.

“Yah can you guys stop?” Taeyeon who just came out, said annoyingly at the duo. She put down the first aid kit on the glass coffee table located in front of the long sofa that Yuri and Tiffany sit on. She took a seat next to her girlfriend and gently took her hand from Yuri’s. Yuri scoffed at her bestfriend’s jealousy act while Tiffany smiled from ear to ear at her jelly bae. She scooted over a little to be able to rest her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder and watch her putting medicine on her hand. Taeyeon smiled at her girlfriend and used her free hand to pat her head. Yuri rolled her eyes at the sugar coating couple in front of her and pick up her phone.

“Is she coming?” Tiffany asked looking at Yuri’s busy fingers, typing on her phone. The tall girl shook her head and slumped her tired body on the sofa.

“Be patient, she must be really busy with the preparation of the upcoming exam.” Yuri nodded her head agree to Taeyeon’s words but still worried.

 

Ring Ring

 

She jumped out of the sofa and stretched her long hand toward her phone surprising the duo in the process. They got a laugh from her stupid antic.

“Hello hone…” Yuri said cheerfully but her face turned from smiley to gloomy all of a sudden.

“Yes I understand” Tiffany picked her head up from Taeyeon’s shoulder to look at Yuri. Where is the sweet talk? And what is with the gloomy face?

“What was that?” Tiffany asked, Taeyeon kept mum as she knew Yuri long enough to know who was on the other line.

“I have to go.” The tall girl said and started packing up her disarray bag.

“What is going on? Is there something happening to Jessica?” Tiffany asked looking at Yuri’s back disappearing behind the door.

“The caller was not Jessica.” Taeyeon answered her girlfriend as she put all the medicine back into the kit and threw the used cotton away.

 

Yuri’s POV

 

“Young Master, Master is waiting for you.” Butler Kang said gesturing me into an expensive car. A black Rolls Royce to be exact. Taeyeon’s bodyguards were standing behind me preparing to protect me when needed. Taeyeon had always been so kind and generous. This is what she always does whenever my family comes to find me. However, my grandfather was never one to lose to anyone. Three more black cars full of his own bodyguards arrived and all of them stood in front of us.

“Young Master, this is just a normal meeting.” I nodded, not wanting anyone to get in trouble because of me. I gestured Taeyeon’s bodyguards to go back in assuring them that I will be fine. I held my breath as Butler Kang open the car door for me. Sitting in the car, was my grandfather in his business suit. I took off my bag and gave it to butler Kang. I straighten my hair and school uniform before making my way in.

 

Inside the car

 

My grandfather didn’t pay any attention to me. He looked through the documents that he brought with him. Considering his attire, he probably just came from the company. I was glad that he was probably giving my aunt and cousins a hard time, but at this moment he is torturing me. I don’t hate my grandfather for he is not the worse guy on earth but when he doesn’t get what he wants, he will become one.

“Where is Taeyeon’s manner? How could she deploy her bodyguards on me?” He asked without sparing a glance at me. I turned my head from the window to look at the old man beside me. How can he judge someone’s rudeness when he is no better than them?

“She didn’t know that you were here and she was just worrying about me.” The man chuckled, as he put his signature on the document.

“She should just worry about herself, you have your own bodyguards.” I looked out of the windows to the men on four motorbikes beside our cars. I’m not ignorant, I know about my own bodyguards. However

“They work for you, not against you.” I replied back to him.

“Korea is too small for you to do that. If you are brave enough to want to grow up and have wings, you should be clever enough to not want to go against me.” He turned to face me for a second before asking the driver to drive us home. He knew that I was annoyed and he liked it. Like grandfather like grandson.

 

Kwon’s Mansion

 

As the car arrived, the door was opened for us to walk out. My grandfather gave all of his documents to butler Kang and walked inside the house with his bodyguards walking behind him. I got out of the car but as always I didn’t want to step foot into the house.

“I…” I decided say goodbye to him but

“Come inside, we will have dinner together.” My grandfather ordered without letting me finish my sentence. I know enough not to reject him, so I took my bag and followed him without saying another word.

 

I walked out of the bathroom that located in my old bedroom. It has been five years since I moved out, nothing much has changed. It was my thirteen birthday when I asked my grandfather to get my own place. He didn’t say much, except that he would be the one who chose where I lived.

 

Knock Knock

 

“Come in” I replied to the knocking. A maid came in and bowed at me not dare to look at my face. This is what I will never get used to. We are human, not god. Why do we have to act so superior toward other human being?

“Young Master, dinner is ready. Please come down.”

“Thank you. I will be down soon.” She bowed again and left me to get changed.

 

I walked down to the dining room ten minutes later. My grandfather was already sitting there enjoying his food. I sat down across him when the private chefs bowed at me.

“Young Master, what can I make for you?” I bowed back at them. I looked at all the food in front of me and replied

“Steak is fine, thank you.” They bowed at me again before proceeding to make the menu. Butler Kang showed up and put an envelope in front of me. I looked at him puzzled and he only bowed at me. I took it and opened, the content surprised me. It was an invitation to the upcoming annual company party but what surprised me was my name that was written on the envelope.

“What is this? Welcoming Kwon Corp’s princess, Kwon Yuri, the future of our company.” I asked my grandfather. This is ridiculous, isn’t my supposed family hate me enough?

“It is time for you to show your face. You can’t be in the shadow much longer.” He paused from eating to reply me. The old man didn’t bother much and got back to eating as soon as he finished his sentence.

“I never want this. I told you already that I don’t want anything to do with Kwon Corp. I don’t want to fight anyone for your acknowledgment.” I said back to him. He stopped eating for real this time and gesturing everyone to leave us alone. He got up from his chair and walked toward me with another envelop in his hand.

“This world is cruel. Just because you don’t want to fight, doesn’t mean you can avoid the fight. You said that you don’t want to fight because you don’t want anything to do with my company. Then how about I interest you in a fight for you to get what you actually want?” He teared open the brown package in his hand and poured out its contents. There were a bunch of photos of me and Jessica from the day we went to the orphanage and the other dates that we had. What? How?

“You dared to do what your father did to me and I dared to do what I did to your father too. I’ve changed the way that I’m dealing with you, Yuri. From now on, you either do what I tell you to do or you will never see this teacher again.”