Date

It's hurt

Yuri's POV

 

Instead of going to my next class, here I am sitting on the school's rooftop. I know I shouln't be wasting my time thinking about what my aunt said but I can't deny that everything that came out of were the truth. My mom pretented not to know me. One year after my grandfather took me in, tranfered me into the richest school in the country, had me treated like every rich kid in the world. I should be grateful and over the moon, instead I was greedy. Riding in the most expensive cars, getting every expensive toys I wanted, living in luxury, all of those things that he gave me were not enough. Everyday I bare the heartache of watching my cousins came home from school to their mom and dad. My mom had never once come to see me. Every night before bed I looked up at the sky and prayed that one day I will get to meet my mom again. Strangely it happened but not in the way I expected.  

 

Flashback

5th December 

It was Sunday. It was also my 11th birthday. The weather was cold but not too cold to go out. It was my favorite weather. Every year my mom would make me seaweed soup, a cake and she would take me out and do whatever I want.

" Young master, please wake up " the maid said tenderly 

" What's for? This is Sunday. I don't have class. " I groaned as I replied 

" Master orders that you wake up and shower. You will celebrate your birthday with your aunt and cousins. They will take you to the mall where you will buy everything you want. You will come back here in the evening which a grand party will be held to celebrate your birthday. " Butler Kang said, when did he come? 

" I don't want to. I got all the toys I need. "

" That Micky Mouse is the only one you have left. You gave all your toys away to the maids, remember? " 

" Yes because I don't need them. "

" Young master, your aunt is already on her way here. Please don't make it hard for all of us. " Bulter Kang knew which button to press. It was not my aunt that I was scared of, I was scared that everyone else in the house will have a hard from her. What did I have to be scared of in the house? Nothing. My grandfather loved me. My aunt loved me at least before I grown up and became a threat to her and her son's inheritance. 

" How is my favorite niece? " My aunt Jina said as soon as she saw me walking down the stair. 

" Yuri happy birthday ! " my older cousin, Donghae said as he handed me a gift. 

" Happy birthday noona " my younger cousin, Minho said as he hugged me. 

" Thank you Oppa and Minho " 

" Okay let's go. We will have fun before come back here and dress up for the party. " My aunt said as we walked out together. 

 

At the Mall 

 

It was a fun outing. We went to the cinema and watch our favorite animation. We ate my favortie food. We played at the playground. 

" Now for the grand activity. Let's go to the toy store. " Me and my cousins looked at each other before screaming in excitement. No matter how many toys we had, we never got tired of getting more. As I walked into the store, my eyes caught sight of MIckey Mouse. My favorite toy in the whold universe. I ran over to the section alone. But before I reached the toy, I bumped into someone. 

" Oh sorry kiddo, did I block your way? Here let me get it for you. " 

" Thank you ahjussi. " I said as the man handed me the Mickey Mouse. 

" Honey let's go. " A famillair voice was heard.

" Omma !!! " I said as I ran and hugged my mom. My mom really did come to see me on my birthday. 

" Omma? Kiddo I think you are confuse. " The old man said to me.

" No I'm not. " I said not letting go of the hug until my mom took my hands off of her. 

" You are confuse little kid. I don't know you. " She said ready to walked out before I hugged her again. 

" No you are my mom. " 

" What is going on here. " My aunt came, she looked at us in shock.

" Auntie tell them, she is my mom. Why is she saying that she isn't? " I screamed throwing a tantrum 

" Yuri, let go of the nice lady. She is not your mom. " My aunt said as she held me tight. 

" No she is my mom. Why are you doing this to me? " 
" Shhh she is not your mom, not anymore. " she whisperd to sooth me as my mom walked away with that man. 

That was the last time I saw her.

Flashback end

 

I cried as the painful memory was brought back again. I tried so hard forget it but why? Do I have to live with it for the rest of my life? She was right. I am really pathetic. Why did my mom do that to me? In the end the one who doesn't want me was her. 

 

Ring Ring 

 

The bell rang indicated that the school is out. I've been crying for almost 2 hours drowning in my own self pity. My phone recieved a text from Taeyeon asking for my whereabout and why did I skip class. I texted her that I will tell her later and told her not to wait for me. I walked down from the rooftop half an hour minutes later after all the students left. I walked toward my motorbike only to see Ms. Jung standing beside it. 

 

" I saw your motorbike and figured that you were still here. " She said as she smiled 

" Ms. Jung I'm sorry but I can't go on a date with your today. Something came up. " 

" Are you going home now? " She asked 

" That is the last place that I want to be at right now. " I said as I picked up my helmet. 

" Then take me with you. " 

" You don't even know where I'm going. "

" I told you, didn't I? I'll go wherever you take me. " 

" Hmm how about I take you to a hotel? " I . She gulped before replying. 

" Do it if you dare. " I laughed as I handed her my spare helmet. She took it but instead of wearing it, she was fidgeting with it.  

" Do you not know how to wear a helmet? " I asked 

" Er I.. I " I took it from her hand and put it on for her. Her face was as red as a tomato. 

" Don't be embarrased, I know you never ride a motorbike your entire life. Come to think of it if you had taken my offer yesterday, you wouldn't be in this situation. "

" But it's scary. " 

" Don't worry, I won't let anything happen to you. " I said as I gestured her to get on. She nervously and clumsily sat behind me. I grabbed her hands and put them on my waist.  

" Hold on tight. " I said as I drive. 

 

Department Store 

 

" Why did you buy so much ice cream. " Jessica said as she looked at two bags full of ice cream with different flavors. 

" Today was the final exam. " 

" What final exam? " 

" You'll see, let's go. " I said as I started walking. 

" Are you going to leave your motorbike here? " 

" We can't ride the motorbike in there. Don't worry the people in the store know me well enough. "

" Okay, let me help you with the bags. " 

" It's okay, I got this. Your presence here will bring smile to everyone's face. " I said as she looked at me puzzled. 

 

" It is an orphange. " she said as we arrived at the building in front of us. 

" Yuri ah great to see you. " 

" Hello Mrs. Yoo, how have you been? "

" I'm okay thank to the medicine you sent me. Oh and this morning a truck brought us a full load of stuffs. Why did you buy so many things for us? "

" It's the end of year, the kids need new clothes. Anyway where are they? "

" Oh they are in the classroom. Their final exam just finished a while ago. "

" Good timing. " 

" Oh and who might this beautiful lady be? "

" Hello I'm Jessica. Yuri's... "

" Girlfriend? " Mrs. Yoo asked, I'm panicking

" Haha she is always this hilarious. Let's go inside. " I said 

 

Author's POV 

 

Inside the only classroom of the building were 20 students age ranking from 6 to 12 years old. The elders were helping the youngers on doing some readings. 

 

" Ice cream is coming !!! " Upon hearing Yuri's voice, the kids excitedly ran over to her. 

" Unnie we miss you. " Soo, a 12 years old girl said to her. 

" You miss me or the ice cream huh? " 

" We miss both. " All the kids said in unison 

" Haha okay okay just eat, here chocolate for Soo, vanilla for Rana, strawberry for Hyun..." 

Jessica smiled as she looked at how happy Yuri and the kids were. She looked around the colorful room and see pictures of Yuri with the kids hanging on the wall. 

" This picture was our camping trip last year. This was Yuri's birthday last month. " Mrs. Yoo said as she pointed out the picture after picture for Jessica. 

" She comes here really often. She must love it here very much. "

" She said that this is her home. " 

" When did she start coming here? "

 Since the day she funded this place and brought us in. " Jessica's eyes widen. 

" She funded this place? "

" Yes, our old home was in Busan. It was destroyed by the flood. Yuri took us here and built us this home. "

" She ... "

" Unnie can you read us a story? " A little kid patted Jessica's hand. 

" Sure I can. " 

" Ji hee finish your ice cream first before story time. You should let the pretty unnie eat ice cream too. " Mrs. Yoo said 

" Mrs. here is coconut flavor, your favorite. " 

" Thank you Yuri " she said as she sat down and ate 

" Ms. Jung I didn't know which flavor you prefer. Is vanilla okay? " Yuri smiled and handed Jessica the ice cream

" Thank you, that is my favorite. "

 

They spent the whole evening playing with the kids. 

" Unnie are you staying over tonight? " Ji hee asked as Yuri prepared to take the trashes out. 

" I can't today, I have to take the pretty unnie home. "

" My name is Jessica, stop making them call me pretty unnie. "

" Why? You are pretty. " Yuri smiled when Jessica punched her in the arm.

" Both of you should leave now, it's getting pretty late. " 

" Yes I'll just take this out first. " 

" Um Mrs. Yoo, do you mind if I want to come here and teach the kids English sometime? " 

" Of course not, that would be nice. As you can see, I'm the only teacher here. Yuri comes and teaches them from time to time. You should come with her. The more the merrier. " 

" I'll be glad to. "

" Ms. Jung let's go. Goodnight Mrs. Yoo. "

" Goodnight Mrs. Yoo. "

 

" Mrs.Yoo told me that you funded the orphanage. "

" It's not right to call it a funding. It was not my money. "

" Your parents must be so proud of you. You help many lives. "

" I hope they are. "

" How about you? I heard you were born in the state. Are your parents here with you? "

" No, my parents are in the state with Tiffany's parents. "

" Tiffany's parents? "

" Oh she is my cousin. "

" Cousin? wow she never tells me about it. "

" Well she's kind of a prankster. She likes to cause trouble here and there, but I still love her anyway. She's my cousin after all. "

" How about me? " 

" Hmm? "

" I've caused a lot of trouble too. Do you like me yet? " Yuri asked which Jessica can only looked away in shyness.

" You are being straightforward. "

" Because I'm serious. I know this may not be an ideal date. I'm sorry. "

" Hey this is the best date that I have ever been on. I have a lot of fun. " 

" Does that mean I get a chance? "

" The reason I'm here in the first place was because I want to get to know you better. "

" Let's spend more time together. " Jessica said and Yuri smiled 

" Let's "