The cruel reality

It's hurt

Jessica’s POV

 

“Miss Jung, President Kwon is here. He is waiting for you in the car.” I looked up from the dressing table that I was currently sitting at to the woman in front of me. I smiled and thanked them before making my way out toward the expensive car that was parking outside. I thanked the driver who got off the car and opened the door for me. Donghae Oppa looked up from his phone upon hearing my arrival.

“Hi Jessica. How are they treating you?” He asked referring to the fancy salon that he instructed his driver to take me to.

“They were amazing. Thank you.” I replied as I checked my phone for the nth time to see if Yuri had texted me anymore message. Sadly, she didn’t. She must have been very busy.

“Did you communicate with my cousin?” He asked as he gestured the driver to start the car.

“No, I didn’t. She must be worry sick about me.” I replied, Yuri must be really worry about me. Since the start of our relationship, this is the first time that I have to lie so much to her and I feel really bad about it. I just hope our surprise will worth her forgiveness.

“Don’t worry about it. She’ll be fine. By the way your dress looks amazing on you.” I smiled shyly at his compliment and turned my attention back to my phone. I didn’t mean to be rude but I still feel really awkward around Yuri’s cousin.

 

I took a deep breath as the scene in front of me unfolded. The mansion in front of me was living up to its name. It was so beautiful that I felt like I was in a fairy tale. As our car was driving closer to the front door that was fully guards by men dressed in black, I could see that the party was about to start. Were we late or were we purposely late? I turned to the man sitting beside me, he had a smile on his face as is this is the best day of his life. I wanted to ask him what was he smiling about but the commotion outside distracted me. As our car finally came to a stop, people poured out like a scene in a zombie movie. Reporters shoved each other left and right trying to get a glimpse of Kwon Donghae. Camera were flashing crazily that I was about to turn blind.

“Jessica, hold my hand tight okay? I will not let you get hurt.” Donghae Oppa said as he prepared to leave the car.

“It’s okay, I can take care of myself.” I protested, with this much camera, things could go wrong real quick. Now I’m starting to regret a little for choosing to come to the party this way. I held my breath as the door to my side was being open. By the time I was in front of the reporters, there was no longer fear running inside of me, all I wanted to do was to locate the love of my life. I smiled as I spotted her on stage with a microphone in her hand, I brought up my hand to wave hello but before I know it Donghae Oppa was beside me. Without my permission he grabbed my hand and posed for the camera, I struggled trying to take my hand off of him when the emcee started to his introduction. I looked at Yuri again upon hearing that we were a couple and what I saw hurt me. She looked at me one last time before taking off. Donghae’s grip on my hand tighten, it looked like he was angry. He dragged me inside before letting go off my hand. I looked at the redness that started to grow on my wrist and that fuel my anger even more.

“Donghae Oppa, what was the meaning of this? That was obviously not our plan.” I asked as he was prepared to leave. There was no way I let him go without a clear explanation. He turned left and right as if to make sure no one could hear him.

“What is the problem. I went down to your level to make you feel important for a day. Now that you are already inside the palace, you better behave, poor maid.” Okay now I’m mad. He can’t just throw his uneducated words toward me and just took off like that.

 

Author’s POV

 

“Unnie, stop. You can’t cause a scene here.” Before Jessica could charge toward the tall guy, Taeyeon was already there to stop me. Jessica turned to the short girl who was dressed in glamorous dress who was standing not so close from her.

“So this is the level that Donghae is stooping to now? Which brothel did you come from little girl?” But a bunch of guys dressed in the same luxury suits as Donghae came up to her before Taeyeon could.

“Aw what’s with the long face? Was he already done with you? Want to go with me instead. I’ll let you live like a princess for one night.” The young teacher looked at the guys with disgusted. What is with this ‘one night’ talk, do they really think all a girl want is a prince charming like all of those princess movies?

“I think all of you are too busy to be acting useless like this. Guess I was wrong.” Taeyeon said as she came up and stood in front of Jessica.

“Are you drunk, Kim? We are pretty free right now. Why? Want to join us?” One of the guy replied as he put his hand on her bare shoulder. Taeyeon smiled.

“All of you do need this party after all. You shouldn’t look down on Donghae when you can’t even stand on the same ground as him. Most of your brothers and cousins already took hold of your company and here you are acting like princes. I guess you’re doing it right. Act like one while you still can. Soon you will be holding your hand up asking me for money.” As soon as Taeyeon finished her sentence, the hand that was touching her skin fell down as the guys walked away, probably trying to find some ways to save their titles.

“Unnie, you really shouldn’t be here and you really shouldn’t have come the way you did.” Jessica looked down as Taeyeon’s words brought truth to her poor decision. She finally realized the ploy that Donghae put her in.

“All the young people that you see here were born to fight. Sooner or later, whether they like it or not, they will have to go to war. It is a battle where the winner take all, so you have to fight if you want to survive. Yuri and Donghae’s battle is already starting. Don’t caught up in between it, you’ll hurt Yuri.” The student looked at her teacher in sympathy. She shouldn’t know about this. Ordinary people should never learn about it only because they will never be able to understand. This is why all Yuri wanted to be was ordinary, she never wanted to know how much money her grandfather has and she never wanted to know how many businesses does his company own.

“That is so cruel. W-who put them up to this?” Jessica asked still couldn’t believe what a cruel world this is. Taeyeon didn’t reply instead turned her attention toward the man who walked straight toward them with people trailing behind him.

“Taeyeon, it is very polite of you to come in behalf of your parents. I’m appreciate it. Although your uneducated action the other day still bothering me.” The man stopped in front of Taeyeon and handed her a glass of wine. Giving a compliment and an insult that she couldn’t refused. Taeyeon smiled and politely took the wine from him with both of her hand.

“Please excuse my mistake, Master. I sent out my bodyguards in mistake that Yuri’s aunt and cousins were the one who came to visit her. You know how danger can appear when we least expect it.” Jessica looked at Taeyeon, amazed at her braveness. Judging by the old man’s look, she could never bring herself to stand up to him, but the young did flawlessly. The old man looked at the young girl before laughing loudly, the other people beside him mirrored his action.

“Oh Taeyeon, you’re so lucky, you’re an only child.” The old man replied back before taking off without spearing a glance at them.

“No, I’m lucky that you’re not my grandfather.” Taeyeon muttered under her breath, couldn’t afford to get more trouble with the old man.

“What did they do in those battle?” She turned to Jessica who was never once took her eyes off of the old man who made his way toward the large staircase that stood in the middle of the room.

“I was never in once, so I can’t tell you accurately but I had witnessed my father’s battle. It was brutal to say the least. I was lucky for being an only child and that my father won his battle. By the time that it ended, my father and his sibling were no longer talking to each other. In order to not let my cousins and their parents bring me trouble in the future, he had to eliminate all of them from the company completely. I don’t think I had met them afterward and I don’t even know where they are now.” Taeyeon replied, praying that the slightly taller girl’s heart can take this information.

“Oh Taeyeon. By the look of Yuri’s grandfather, I think this battle will only be worse than your father. We have to find Yuri.” The teacher said as she started looking around the room trying to spot her lover but she couldn’t find her. Taeyeon grabbed her shoulder and tried to calm the girl down.

“I saw she went upstairs. They will never let you pass. I can let you in but you have to be quiet.” Jessica nodded her head and followed Taeyeon toward the same staircase that the old man was walking on before. Will they end up facing him again? She hoped not.

“VIP o-, oh greeting Young Master Kim.” The bodyguard greeted Kim Corp’s president as he bowed at the short girl.

“Let us pass.” Taeyeon replied with a voice that was full of authority. After passing the bodyguards, the two girls walked around the second floor of the mansion trying to locate Yuri’s whereabouts. They passed by many maids who were busy serving both the guests upstairs and downstairs. After passing Yuri’s bedroom, they finally accept their defeat until the sound of people talking came out of an ajar door that lead to one of the guestrooms of the house stopped them. Taeyeon signaled Jessica to keep quiet before sneakily walking toward the door.

 

“For someone who were In this game way before, I can’t believe someone like you could do something so cheap. How could you bring Jessica into this?” Upon arriving at the door, they finally found the person that they were looking for. Yuri still in her beautiful white dress was throwing questions here and there toward Donghae who stood beside the table full of untouched food. Behind him was their grandfather sitting on the chair with a glass of wine in his hand, he looked really comfortable to say the least. Two body guards stood at the corner waiting to interfere if necessary. Seeing no reply from Donghae, Yuri walked up to him and grabbed his shoulder. But before Yuri could defend herself, Donghae turned around with a bottle of wine in his hand and yanked it toward Yuri’s head. The Kwon’s princess fell back as the strong impact hit her. Blood started oozing out immediately, as the bottle broke into pieces. Jessica gasped, it really was cruel and dangerous. Taeyeon grabbed a hold of her before she could blow their cover. Donghae walked up to the girl lying on the ground and squat down beside her.

“Stupid kid. What made you think you could go up against me huh? I guess you are that dumb to think that I would leave that cheap of a teacher untouched. You should be thankful that she still can walk around and her head held high.” He said, his voice was shaking. He was obviously very angry. Yuri looked up at him and brought up a smile to her face.

“Yah where are your manners? Did your gentleman like father forgot to teach you some before he divorced your mother? I thought you were born from a womb, did you mother lie to you? She probably picked you up from a dumpster somewhere.” Hearing the insult, Donghae sprung up and looked at his grandfather as if to ask permission for something. He turned back to his younger cousin and started throwing kick at her body.

“You stupid .” Yuri brought up her hand to defense herself but she still not took away the smile from her face. It was fun to see him losing his cool.

“Stop!!!” All of them looked toward the ajar door that the girls were hiding at before. Taeyeon was the one who shouted at them with her hand covering Jessica’s mouth. Donghae took his leg off of his sister upon seeing the intruders. He couldn’t let other people see him in this state.

“Don’t bring her to the hospital. Let her crawl there like a loser that she is.” He walked out before throwing punishment at her one last time.

 

Yuri’s POV

 

My grandfather stood up from the chair like a king walking down from this throne. He picked up one of the towels that were neatly place on the table and walked toward me. As he dropped down to my level, he put the towel on my head.

“You win one, Donghae wins one. Let just say that this round ended with a tie.” Right. For a moment there, I thought he actually cared about me. I grabbed the towel from my head as the old man stood back up. The towel that was in hand was getting wet and red from my blood. I looked up as my grandfather made his way toward Taeyeon and Jessica. What were he planning to do? I blamed myself for not strong enough to defend them at moment like this.

“I let this slide one last time. If you rudely interrupt me one more time, I’m going to have to teach your parents a lesson or two on how to raise a child.” That was rude. I couldn’t believe that these people were my family. Taeyeon just stood there without saying a single word back to him. As soon as the old man walked away, she finally moved toward me. I grunted when Taeyeon put me into her embrace. My whole body was hurting. Behind her, Jessica was crying as she kept on holding tight to my hand. I took my hand off of her ignoring her sad face, I didn’t want to deal with her right now.

“Taeyeon, please take Jessica home.” I turned to my bestfriend and requested her for a favor. She shook her head and brought up her phone out of her pocket.

“No, I want to go to the hospital with you.” Jessica replied, her gripped on my hand tighten.

“Let me take you to the hospital first. My bodyguards are here.” Taeyeon replied as I was picked up by the big men and was put on a stretcher. By this time, I was about to faint probably from losing too much blood. I didn’t know I passed out until I woke up when I was on the hospital bed as I was being transferred somewhere. I looked at my hand that was still being held tight by Jessica. I turned toward Taeyeon and requested again.

“Taeng, take her home.”

“No, I want to stay with you.” Jessica replied but this time I was the one who shook my head at her.

“Go, I don’t want to see you when I wake up.” That may be harsh but that was my honest feeling at that moment. I really didn’t want to be at the space with her.

 

In the hospital room

 

I didn’t know how long I was sleeping but I finally woke up. I opened my eyes to the white ceiling and calming atmosphere. I turned to my right where a window was located. The sun was shining brightly. This must be a new day. I turned to my left upon hearing the clanking sound of utensils. An old lady was busy preparing the food with a young nurse. I smiled as she finally showed her face toward me because I recognized her immediately.

“Umma”