Mom

It's hurt

Author’s POV

 

A 10 years old Yuri was in the car with her mom on their home from school.

 

“So how was your day, honey?” her said as she focused on driving.

“It was fun. I made some new friends today.”

“Great, let’s go eat. You must be hungry.” she smiled and her mom smiled back at her.

 

At the restaurant

 

They were happily eating and laughing together. The menu was all Yuri’s favorite food.


“Do you want ice cream?” her mom asked as she wiped Yuri’s mouth with the tissue.

“Can I?”

“Yes, you can. Just eat anything you want.”

“Yay”

 

At the amusement park

 

“Umma why are we here? It’s school night and you said this only allow on weekend.”

“Today should be an exception, honey.” Yuri looked up at her in confusion. They were standing in line waiting to go on the merry go round.

“Yuri ah, if one day you have to live without Umma, always remember that Umma and Appa love you very much. Don’t ever think that we hate you or we don’t care about you.”

“Umma, what’s wrong? Why are you crying?”

“Shh remember what I told you about our love and how you were born?”

“Yes, you told me that I was born out of love. You and Appa love each other very much.”

“We love you very much too.”

“I love both of you very much too.” Yuri smiled as she hugged her mom.

“I love you, now go on. It’s your turn to ride.”

“Are you not coming with me?”

“No, I will watch over you from down here.” her mom said as she kissed her forehead. Yuri smiled as she got on the merry go round. She smiled and waved at her mom as the ride started moving. Round and round she kept looking and smiling at her, until she’s disappear. Where did she go? She probably went to buy her some snacks. With that thought in mind, Yuri smiled and enjoyed the ride.

 

She stood there waiting and waiting but there was no sight of her mom coming back. Is the line too long at the snack booth? Why isn’t she coming back yet?

“Umma” she started to get scared and finally set of to find her.

“Umma !!!”

“Yuri” she turned around as she heard someone calling out her name. There was an old man and five other guys standing behind him.

“Who are you? How do you know my name?”

“I’m your grandfather and you are coming with me.”

“No, I don’t know you. I need to find my mom.”

“She left you. You are coming with me now let’s go.” he said he grabbed her arm.

“No Umma will never leave me. Umma Umma …”

 

Yuri’s POV

 

“Umma !!!” I screamed and jerked up from my sleep waking up in the process. This nightmare again. I wiped the tears that kept falling from my eyes. Why am I so pathetic? I chuckled to myself. I turned to the clock on the nightstand and saw that it was 3 o’clock in the morning. That was good enough, considered the fact that Taeyeon took me to my condo and tucked me in bed at 11 pm. I walked to the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water. I went out to the balcony and started my usual sleepless night routine. Looking up at the sky and counting the star. When I was a child, I used to look at the sky at night with my mom. She told me that my dad was a very generous man, due to all of his kindness he got to become a star. Every night we look at the stars and talk about everything. It felt like we talk as a whole family which consists of the three of us. After my mom left me, I started courting the stars instead of just looking at them. Every night I prayed for them to bring my mom back, but they never did. As I grow older, I finally realize two things, one my dad did not become a star. My mom told me that to make me feel warm and love. Two, my mom will never come back to me. I have to at least accept that much.

 

At school

 

“Hey how are you feeling?” Taeyeon asked as soon as she saw me arriving at school.

“I’m okay. Thank you for last night.”

“Nevermind. That’s what bestfriends do. Did you change the bandage on your forehead?”

“I did.” she smiled as she patted my head.

“Hey Yul, what happened to your forehead?” Tiffany, who just arrived, asked me as she hugged Taeyeon.

“I …” I looked at Taeyeon asking for help because I didn’t want Tiffany to know the truth.

“It’s just a minor scratch from her motorbike accident.” I glared at her. Really? The great Kwon Yuri will never fail in riding her precious motorbike.

“You had an accident? Your motorbike seems fine though.”

“Ye… yeah because it was just a minor accident.” I replied to her

“Something seems suspicious. Are you hiding something from me?” as always Tiffany was sharp.

“Er I need to go. Ms. Jung is here.” I said and ran toward Jessica who was walking in our direction.

 

“Ms. Jung wait” I called out for her. She looked really beautiful today. A white button up shirt and a black pencil skirt match with a gray high heel. Professional and y.

“Did you just check me out, Ms. Kwon?” her voice broke me out of my daydream.

“Huh? Er no of course not” I said as I scratch my non itchy nape.

“Okay, I have to go.”

“Wait” I said as I held her hand. She looked around and quickly brushed my hand off of hers. That’s hurt.

“What is it?” she asked

“Would you like to go on a date with me today? After …”

“I can’t, sorry” she cut me off and walked away.

“… school” What just happened?

“I think she just rejected you.” Tiffany said. Thank you, captain obvious. -_-

“Don’t you think I know that?”

“You looked confuse, I just want to point it out for ya.” she laughed as she walked away with Taeyeon

“Thank you” I mumbled, this is sad. She didn’t even notice my bandage covered forehead.

 

History class

 

I looked out of the window not really interest in whatever the teacher was talking about. I turned my head as I felt a nudge on my shoulder.

 

“Yah pay some attention to the lesson, would you?” Taeyeon whispered

“If the lesson is about the history of rejection, she would be more interested.” I glared at Tiffany for throwing that comment and rubbing Jessica’s rejection in my face. I was about to replied to her when there was a knock on the classroom door.

“I’m sorry to interrupt but Ms. Kwon you need to go to the principle office immediately.” the teacher said and gestured me to go. Tiffany and Taeyeon looked at me confuse.

“Don’t look at me like that. I’m as confuse as you guys.” I said as I made my way toward the door.

 

Principle’s office

 

Knock Knock

 

“Come in Ms. Kwon” the principle said

“I don’t know why you call me here but I didn’t do anything…” I stopped talking as I looked at the lady standing in front of me. The classy, rich, elegant and yet arrogant aura of hers spreading through the whole room. Kwon Jina, my dad’s sister, my grandfather’s only daughter, my cousins’ mom. CEO of Kwon Corp. One of the richest corporation in this country owning everything from restaurants, malls, motor company, technology company and of course this school.

 

“Leave us be.” she said rudely without acknowledge the principle. Yep, that’s how she is, just like her father. As soon as he walked out, she turned to face me.

“So I heard you made my father angry last night.”

“You heard? What are you doing here?”

“I see that you’ve been hiding your identity from everyone. Not a single person in this school other than Kim Taeyeon, the daughter of Kim Corp knows about your glorious status.”

“There’s no reason for me to let them know.”

“I see. You must have been so humiliated if people know that you are a disgrace to this family unlike my children who are such high achievers.”

“Oh yeah, if they really are then why are you so scare of me?”

“Who said I’m scared of you?”

“My amazing aunt, the only daughter of my grandfather can’t even take over the whole company after my dad die. Don’t you think that if you are so great, Master would have given the company to you by now? Instead he kept pulling it off and waiting for me to graduate high school.”

“What are you even saying?”

“He sees potential in me more than you or your overrated children.”

 

Pak

 

She slapped me.

 

“My pathetic niece who isn’t wanted anywhere she goes. She wasn’t even able to call her dad ‘Appa’. Her mother traded her for money. You know what is even more amusing? Her mother pretended not to know her.” she laughed, this is over the line. I glared at her before walking out of the office into the empty hallway. I stopped and wiped the tears that were threaten to fall.

 

“Yuri, what are you doing here?” I turned around and faked a smile at her.

“Hi Ms. Jung. I was being rebellious for a bit.”

“Oh my god, you are bleeding.” she said as she touched my mouth. I stepped back.

“It’s okay, I guess I bite my lips too hard.” I said as I wipe the blood off. It stinks.

  1. have to go back to class.” I said and was about to go.

“Wait” she held my hand

“I will go on a date with you.”

“I haven’t told you where …”

“I’ll go anywhere with you.” she said and smiled

 

Author’s POV

 

The office’s door opened

 

Yuri took her hand off Jessica’s as she saw Jina looking at them.

 

“Maybe some other time, Ms. Jung.” Yuri said and walked away.

“Hello” Jessica bowed at the lady that seemed to be much older than her.

 

Jina looked at her up and down before walking away.

“That’s rude.” Jessica mumbled as she made her way to the bathroom.

 

“Hello, I need you to give me the list of teacher’s names in this school” Jina said and hung up the phone as she made her way out of the school.