The Party

It's hurt

Yuri’s POV

 

Knock Knock

 

I woke up to the sight of butler Kang and three other people standing at the foot of my bed. Ah just like old time. I turned my head toward my phone that seemed to not be working at all last night. Speaking of last night, I’m amazed that I managed to get even one hour of sleep. After the hellish dinner, I tried calling and texting my girlfriend but it seemed like she had disappeared from this Earth. It was too late to call the Taeny couple for help but I did it anyway. After many attempts of us trying to understand what was going on with her, I finally got a reply ‘Goodnight Sweetie’. Judging from the still appearance of my phone, I’m sure that it hasn’t received anything else from her. Before you started judging me for being dramatic, I was and still am really worrying about her. If the event of last night didn’t take place, I would be in front of her door waiting for her. However, as you can see, I was once again stuck in this golden cage. I turned my head to nightstand on my left hand, there was the invitation. The decision that my grandfather put upon me.

“Young master, are you ready?” Butler Kang voiced out. I turned my attention back to the people in the room and finally decided to pay attention to them. Stood behind butler Kang were three maids who seemed to have been instructed with different roles, one for bathing, one for clothing and the last one was for doing hair and makeup. I knew the drill as I had gone through this many times. I nodded my head without replying to him. I stood up from the bed and walked into the bathroom followed by the first maid. After about 2 hours with the three maids, I was finally transformed. I was dressed in a business attire with my hair tie up and a light makeup on. I took a deep breath as the front door of the mansion was opened for me. Butler Kang bowed at me and handed me an envelope. I looked at the brown cover with Kwon Corp written over it. This is the first time in my life to have received one. My father would have felt the same way when he first received one himself. I was nervous not because of my grandfather, my cousins nor my aunt but because I knew what was in the envelope. It was not because of my name that was written on it, it was not because of the fact that it represented war. It was my decision to accept it. I was nervous because in my seventeen years of living, it was my first time making a decision.

“Young master” I took a deep breath and put my hand on the object that was handed to me. As soon as butler Kang took his hand off of the brown cover, my decision was clear. I made the decision to go to war. I made the decision to fight for what I love. I made the decision to fight for Jessica. I walked to the awaiting car with confident overflowing me. I sat down next to my grandfather. I brought up my trembling hand and teared up the envelope. I was right, there really was my name.

 

Shareholder Kwon Yuri

 

“Pay close attention. Today will be your first meeting as a shareholder. Don’t be nervous. You should be looking forward to see the look on your aunt and cousins’ faces.” My grandfather said, as always he is enjoying every minute of this. I ignored him and decided to check on my phone again. There was still nothing from Jessica, so I decided to text her again.

 

‘Good morning honey, I won’t be able to attend school today. I hope you won’t miss me too much. Don’t miss breakfast. I love you.’

 

Jessica’s POV

 

Beep Beep

 

‘Good morning honey, I won’t be able to attend school today. I hope you won’t miss me too much. Don’t miss breakfast. I love you.’

 

I checked my phone and smiled as Yuri sent me another message. I was relief to find out that she isn’t angry with me yet. I feel really bad for ignoring her since yesterday but this is how our plan goes. Donghae Oppa and me decided to make Yuri feel bad or mad so that we can give her a big surprise. I’m not sure about the detail yet but he told me to just be pretty and be there. He even sent his driver to pick me up for the party, I’m so happy that Yuri has such a caring family. I put my phone back down and paid my attention back to correcting the students’ papers. I’m sorry Yuri, just wait a little longer baby, you will be very happy this evening. I can’t wait to see you.

 

Yuri’s POV

 

After spending the whole morning sticking around my grandfather, I was dead tired. The meeting was surprisingly calm, even though I could clearly see the look on my aunt’s face which showed that she wanted nothing but to rip me apart right then and there. My older cousin was unreadable as usual. I stood up as soon as my name was called. My grandfather without getting up from his chair started introducing me and giving orders on how they should treat me with respect.

 

“This is my granddaughter, Kwon Yuri. The greatest gift that was given to me by my late son. You may have never heard about her before but you know her now. From now on, I demand nothing but respect from all of you to our new shareholder and the future of this empire.” Everyone stood up and bowed toward me as if I was the crown princess in line to the throne. I bowed at them as well before voicing my greeting toward all the unfamiliar faces.

“Thank you for such a warm welcome.”

 

After another awkward late lunch with grandfather which wasn’t join by my aunt and cousin, we are now on our way back home to get ready for the party. As soon as I arrived home, all the maids were busily running around getting everything ready for the big event. I picked up my phone and started texting Taeyeon.

 

‘Have you seen Jessica? I still can’t get a hold on her. She didn’t answer my text either.’

‘Yes, I saw her but I couldn’t get any chance to talk with her. She seemed really busy, that must be the reason for all the weird stuffs that keep happening. You shouldn’t be worry too much.’

‘I guess you’re right. Anyway will you be at the party? Don’t let me be alone there.’

‘Of course, I’ll be there for you. I have to attend it anyway since my parents are out of town.’

‘Alright see you there.’

 

Author’s POV

 

The elegant, luxury and glamorous party was held on Yuri’s grandfather’s very own mansion or as Yuri had referred to as her golden cage. Why? You may ask. Because what place better suit the Royal’s expensive standard other than their very own castle? The already beautiful mansion was decorated with nothing but expensive flowers, paintings, lights and other glamorous stuffs. Over a hundred maids were dressed in neatly and standing still waiting to serve all the rich and famous guests. There are beautifully decorated tables and chairs and expensive gourmet food that will be made by Michelin star chefs. Everything about this party screamed expensive.

 

“Butler Kang, what am I getting myself into?” Yuri, fully dressed in a beautiful long white dress sit herself on the long sofa that stood in the middle of her bedroom. The old man stood beside the door looked up as his name was called.

“I can’t tell you what you already know, Young master.” He said and gestured all the maids to get out as the princess has already been dressed.

“My parents wouldn’t be so proud to see how many people get hurt for me to get what I want.” The old man walked up to his young master. The young lady was looking at her father’s photo on her nightstand. He put his right hand on the Yuri’s shoulder and caressed it lightly.

“Your parents would be so proud to see how great you are growing up to be. Your father would be so proud to see that you are strong enough to stand up for yourself. Your mother would be so proud to see how much value you put on what is important. Yuri, I too am proud of you.” The young lady put her hand on the old man’s wrinkle hand, she looked up at him and smiled. He smiled back at her before getting back to his duty and announced the beginning of her battle.

“Young master, it’s time.”

 

Yuri’s POV

 

I walked down the decorated hallway toward my grandfather like a bride walked down the aisle toward her groom. He held out his hand toward me and led me up the stair toward the stage that was in the middle of the party ballroom. I looked toward the audiences in front of us. I could see many familiar faces including my rich classmates including Taeyeon, famous celebrities, famous businessman and the teacher from our school but Jessica wasn’t with them. All of them looked at me with more than shock on their faces, probably couldn’t believe I was in that school for twelve years without anyone finding out about my identity. Everyone’s eyes are focusing on us, as soon as the microphone was handed to my grandfather, all the noise was gone. The whole place went silent as everyone paid attention to me and the old man beside me.

 

“Welcome to our annual company party. Enjoy the party and eat a lot, otherwise we’ll be very disappointed.” My grandfather said and the crowd cheered.

“Young master” I looked at the emcee beside as he handed me another microphone indicating that it was my turn to say something.

“Hello everyone, I’m…” Before I could finish my introduction, the crowd’s attention turned to the commotion outside. The reporters were going crazy and started throwing questions and taking pictures. Curious with the situation, I stopped talking and turning my attention toward them too.

 

Never in my life, had I be more shock and hurt than seeing the scene in front of me right now. Jessica was holding hand with Donghae with a smile on her face. What even more painful was the emcee beside me introducing them.

 

“Everyone, join me to welcome Kwon Corp’s President, Kwon Donghae and his date, Jessica Jung.” I looked at the emcee reading the paper that was handed to him. I felt the betrayal, hurt and disappointment toward the woman who called herself my girlfriend. I turned my back getting ready to separate them and punching Donghae in the face but as if to comfort, a warm hand had grabbed on to mine. It was my grandfather’s.

“You’ve been doing great so far, if you get off now, you will lose this round. Are you going to let him win this easily?” Let him win? No way. I tighten my fist so hard that I don’t think there was any blood left in it. I turned back to crowd that was back facing me and started my speech.

“Hello everyone” As the confident in my voice flew out, the crowd kept quiet again and everyone’s attention were back on me.

“I’m Kwon Yuri, the princess of Kwon Corp and the future to this empire. Many of you may not know about me before but you should remember my name from this day onward. Enjoy the party and eat a lot, otherwise we’ll be very disappointed.” I finished my speech and locked my eyes on Jessica’s who was looking at me. Everyone started cheering so hard that Donghae probably killing himself inside. As my grandfather let go of my hand, I turned my back and leave the stage.

The party finally started.