Chapter IX

A Thousand Dawns [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuta hadn’t contacted Johnny at all since that day. He blocked the other from all the social media and ignored the call for the first day, but when he suddenly stopped getting calls on the third day he started to get worried.

“He hadn’t call me again…” Yuta whispered to himself, before frowning and straightened his body to look at his phone. It's already the fourth day since he last saw Johnny. “…Is he mad at me?”

Yuta couldn’t help but feel bad about what he had done a day earlier. He shouldn’t had done it-, but he couldn’t help it. One thing he hates the most in the world is cheating. When he saw Johnny and the guy on the toilet last night were kissing wildly, he got pissed off. He’s angry. He felt sorry for Johnny because Ten was busy cheating with Taeyong, but when he came to meet the other Johnny was kissing someone else wildly on the lips.

Yuta hated it.

The Japanese sighed as he put down the bottle of vodka into the small rack, frowning. Was he over reacting? He should’ve understand Johnny’s situation too… he left without letting the other say anything. He should talk to Johnny again…but how? He had said such a mean thing and even left Johnny alone on his own. Johnny had all the rights to hate him now.

Yuta was busy debating with himself when Jiho who stood beside him suddenly greeted someone.

“Aye man, how you doin’?”

Yuta tore his attention from the bottles for a bit to see the newcomer Jiho just greeted friendly and widened his eyes to see that the person was the same bartender that he met a few nights ago.

Sehun himself who accidentally met Yuta’s eyes immediately frowned. Yuta turned around again almost immediately, trying to hide his face as Jiho started to make conversation with Sehun. “Did you win the competition last time?”

“No-,” Sehun shook his head, eyes darting back to Jiho. “I got sixth place, as expected that clown won the competition.”

Jiho chuckled, arms folded in front of his chest. “He’s just coincidentally very good in flaring, I tried his bloody marry back then. Horrible.”

“That’s why he’s a clown.” Sehun shrugged, nudging his chin a little. “Jack-D please. On the rock.”

Jihonodded as he tapped Yuta on the shoulder. “Hear this gentleman? One Jack-D on the rock. I will leave a bit to make a phone call.”

Yuta’s eyes went wide a bit as he watched Jiho left him. Oh shoot-, now he had to serve the bartender by himself.

The Japanese sighed as he started to make Sehun’s order, feeling utterly small under the eyes of the older.

Sehun watched as Yuta prepared his drink, expression flat. He only lifted his chin a little when Yuta served the drink while avoiding his eyes. “It’s you, right?”

Yuta almost cursed to himself when he heard the question, but nonchalantly rose his head and asked with innocent face. “Yeah?”

“Johnny’s friend.” Sehun repeated, eyes boring to Yuta’s skull. “The one I met last week. Right?”

Yuta gulped down before sighed a little and nodded. “…yes.”

“That is quite a scene after you left.”Sehun said. “I meant to ask you to Johnny out from the bar, not to leave him alone.”

Yuta sighed again and looked away from Sehun. “He had a business, with someone else?”

“That is why I asked you to go after him.” Sehun replied again. “The guy with him that time, is a pain in the .”

“What do you mean?” Yuta asked, confusion written on his face.

“I mean-, it’s not like they’re hooking together or all. Johnny was so drunk last time, remember?”Sehun asked, twirling the drink on his hand. “I asked you to take him away from that guy. Not leaving him just like that.”

“He seemed enjoying it though, I thought he wanted to spend the rest of the night with that guy.” Yuta replied, voice almost as flat as his expression.

“What can you expect from a drunk man? Do they even get to think of what they want to do?” Sehun snickered and supported his head with one arm. “You are a bartender-, future bartender. You should’ve known better.”

Yuta sighed for the up tent time that afternoon and looked away. -, that guy’s right. He had done a stupid mistake. Yuta didn’t know why he tend to do more careless, stupid and unprofessional things when it’s about Johnny.

Sehun didn’t even need to learn Yuta to know that guilt had washed over the Japanese by that time. It didn’t make him stopped though. “Johnny is sick these two days-, I think he had a fever.”

Yuta snapped his head up, eyes widening in surprise. “Huh?”

“Overthinking and stressing out, I think. I can’t really go to see him since my work is full packed.” Sehun said as he lifted his glass to touch his lips. “Be a grown up and make up with him-, that kid doesn’t even has much friends in Seoul anyway.”

Yuta bit his lower lip and immediately pulled his phone out to find there was no misscall or message from Johnny on the screen.

Ah-, looked like he really had done stupid thing.

 

 

***

 

 

Ten’s class would start in 20 minutes. The Thailand boy frowned as he glanced at the clock, then back to Johnny who was lying on the bed. His eyes were both closed and his breathing came out calm and regular, sleeping soundlessly. The other got pretty high fever, and he had been lying on the bed for three days. Ten was pretty restless that his boyfriend was sick, and the fact that he couldn’t just skip work along with Taeyong’s constant messages made the other’s head also pounded.

Ten sighed as he put his palm on Johnny’s forehead, checking up the temperature. It hadn’t gone down yet. Johnny on the other still had his eyes closed, face pale with droplets of sweat rolling down his thinner face.

“Johnny,” Ten called out softly, touching the other’s arm. “You should eat, then drink the medicine.”

The American didn’t reply, he just kept his eyes closed with a slight crease on his forehead.

“Come on, Johnny. I have to leave soon, I wouldn’t let you skip dinner just medicine to sleep all day long.” Ten said gently. He actually didn’t want to go the class, but he would have a test so he didn’t have any option left.

Johnny opened his eyes finally, groaned and shook his head. “I am still sleepy-, and I don’t feel like eating…”

“I don’t accept rejections.” Ten stated, wrapping his fingers around Johnny’s wrist to shake the other’s hand again. “Come on, Johnny.”

“I will eat later on. I promise.” Johnny said while closing his eyes again.

“Will you really-?” Ten said with eyes flashing in suspicion. “If I came home for a full plate, I will get angry.”

Johnny just rose his hand and waved it weakly, face buried into the bolster beside him. Ten who saw it bit his lower lip in reflex. Lately, Johnny had been different. He’s a bit distant,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter