Chapter VIII

A Thousand Dawns [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuta said he’s a good bartender, and he could make the best margarita drink Johnny would ever drank.

Johnny believed it.

It was pass 7 PM that day, and Johnny got ready to suddenly pop up in The Dead Rabbit. He never meets Yuta straight in the club, and he also hadn’t visited The Dead Rabbit in a while.

Johnny tightened his jacket around him and fixed his hair a little before walked out of the dorm with light steps.

It didn’t take a while for him until he reached the club. He didn’t bother telling both Ten and Yuta that he would come to visit. Let it be a mini surprise for them.

Johnny entered and glanced at the wrist watch. It’s not the time for Ten’s performance just yet, means he still could meet the other even just for a while.

Johnny suddenly ran into someone, shoulders collided painfully as he looked up to find Jiho was the one he ran into.

“Ah, sorry Zico!” Johnny apologized immediately. “I didn’t see you before-,”

Jiho put his usual flat expression before, but he widened his eyes once he recognized Johnny. “Jo-, what are you doing here?”.

“Checking up on Ten.” Johnny replied with a smile as he looked inside. “He hasn’t started performing, has he?”

Jiho looked troubled for seconds, before ran his hand across his hair. “W-well… he is i-inside, but…”

Johnny rose his eyebrows as he found Jiho’s face again. “…but?”

Jiho mentally cursed to himself as he shook his head. “Nothing. He is inside. I will excuse myself first.”

Johnny rose his eyebrows higher in confusion, but still nodded and let Jiho walked away. He turned his head and was about to walk further in when he caught a glimpse of Ten.

Johnny smiled and was about to approach the Thailand when Ten suddenly climbed into somebody’s lap on one of a sofa near the bar area and they started kissing.

The tall American froze when he saw that. His eyes went wide, lips parted open in shock. The noisy club suddenly went quiet on his ear, letting out annoying continuous buzzing sound instead.

Johnny squinted his eyes a little when Ten pulled away a little, rolling his head around and revealed the man underneath him.

That’s when Johnny could see the face of the person that Ten kissed before.

Lee Taeyong.

Johnny found himself stumbled back a few times, before he his heels and walked out of the club in a fast pace.

Dejected.

Shocked.

And moreover, betrayed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuta couldn’t stop himself from rolling his eyes for who-knows-how-many-times already that evening. He glanced at Ten and Taeyong who were chatting with fingers intertwined on the sofa not too far from his place.

“Disgusting, dirty, nasty…” he whispered to himself as he shook the shaker with quite amount of strength.

How could Taeyong come to meet Ten that often? That week he had come visiting thrice already, making Yuta secretly wondered if Taeyong really stayed in the same house with Jung Jaehyun.

Out of curiosity, Yuta decided to ask Chaerin who was busy inputting data inside the microsoft.

“They didn’t really get married out of love.” Chaerin replied without tearing her eyes off the laptop. “Jaehyun is a rich heir, a perfectionist workaholic who doesn’t care about relationships. Taeyong doesn’t come from wealthy family, but his mother is Jaehyun mom’s best friend. Jaehyun’s mom didn’t want her son to be single forever, so he arranged those two to get into relationship. Then suddenly they got married.”

Yuta frowned when he heard that. “Is that so? So basically they just… two people living together?”

“I think Jaehyun just doesn’t want to search any new lover, maybe. Taeyong isn’t the type of person who protests much, he lets Jaehyun does whatever he wants. Maybe that’s why Jaehyun decided to marry him. So he could still focus living the life he wants, but without a need to get scolded for being single.”

Yuta frowned and shook his head in disbelief. In this world, there were a lot of people with complicated relationships.

The Japanese glanced at both Taeyong and Ten, before sighed.

Those people over there were corrupted so much more than he thought, to the point that Yuta couldn’t even think again.

“They all ruined, and they slowly ruining Johnny too.” Yuta hissed to himself as he started to arrange back the bottles of spirits inside the rack.

Jiho came not long after, looking around. He sighed a little with his poker face, leaning against the glass cabinet behind him. “Ten’s boyfriend was just here before. You guys saw him?”

Yuta’s hand stopped moving as he froze on his track.

“Johnny?” Chaerin rose his left eyebrow, before glanced at Ten and Taeyong who were still together. “He was here?”

“Yeah,” Jiho gave a nod. “I ran to him on the entrance door.”

Yuta immediately his heels and looked at Jiho, his face pale. “When?”

Jiho and Chaerin immediately turned to look at him back.

“15 minutes ago?” Jiho replied. “I went out for smoke, I think it’s around that time.”

“Oh …” Yuta cursed under his breath.

15 minutes. There’s no way Johnny would take that long to reach the bartending table, which only meant one thing.

Johnny saw it.

“Well, it couldn’t be continuously kept as secret anyway… I knew it’d come to an end.” Chaerin shrugged as she continued her activity with the laptop.

Jiho didn’t say anything, but the look on his face shown that he agreed with Chaerin.

While Yuta?

He put the bottle he was holding down and ran out from his position.

Both Chaerin and Jiho averted their gazes in surprise, seeing Yuta dashed out of the club.

“W-what’s wrong with him?” Chaerin asked with eyes wide.

Jiho shook his head, eyes also fixed on the entrance door where Yuta had just gone passed to.

That kid didn’t even bother to look back at all.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Johnny didn’t answer his call.

Yuta had been calling the American boy for numerous times, but he didn’t pick up the call.

“!” Yuta cursed as he clutched his phone tightly. All of sudden, he got mad at Ten and Taeyong. They really had gone beyond the boundaries, couldn’t they just get a room and off there? Why did they even bother to stay around giggling with free drinks?

Yuta dialed Johnny’s number once again, pondering in front of a mini mart. He bit his lower lip in worry, left hand fisted as he lightly knocked it to his own chin.

“Hello?”

The sound of someone picking up on the other line brought Yuta back to reality.

“Johnny?” He immediately straightened his back, fingers clutching tighter on the phone without he realizing.

“Ah, yes. This is Johnny’s phone.”

Yuta frowned when he heard that. The Japanese’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion. It was indeed not Johnny’s voice.

“I am Johnny’s friend. He seemed not okay now-, I don’t think it will be safe for him to be around here. I can’t leave-, I’ve got a job-, can you please take him home?”

Yuta froze dead on his track, eyebrows furrowed. What?

“W-where is him now?” Yuta asked as he looked around. Johnny shouldn’t be away that far just yet.

“Vurt night club. I am Oh Sehun, I am the bartender.”

 

 

 

 

 

Oh Sehun, the one who just talked on the phone turned to see Johnny who was drinking down a glass of vodka. The American had obviously got drunk, since Sehun knows he has a low tolerance to alcohol.

“Johnny, come on-,” Sehun sighed as he slowly put Johnny’s phone back on the table, not like Johnny realized it had been taken away before. “I told you to not come visit me here. My shift ended on 3 and I wouldn’t be able to take you home before that.”

Johnny laid his head on the table, rose his hand and waved it, as if shooing Sehun away.

Sehun sighed with his usual poker face. He had his own reason to be worried.

Vurt night club, was very well known as an elite seekers club in hidden. People who come to the club mostly consisted of those who seeks for heavy and pleasurable nights. Sehun had to go through all the problem srejecting aggressive customers who wanted to get inside his pants. Now that he had his friend here, obviously drunk, his concentration got torn. It also didn’t help that it was a full house, a lot of people asking for his attention let it be flirts or ask for drinks. One of the reason why Sehun picked up Yuta’s call too.

“Hey, give me one JackD, on the rock!” one of a man with two y men inside his arms shouted, and Sehun had to look away from Johnny.

“Coming,” Sehun cursed under his breath as he made his way back to start making the drink. He kept on glancing at Johnny once in a while to make sure he didn’t do anything funny.

That actually wasn’t the first time Johnny came and got drunk in the Vurt. It all started two months ago, Johnny suddenly appeared in front of Sehun asking for a drink. Sehun started to make conversation with him. That time Johnny didn’t tell Sehun the reason why he came drinking. All Sehun knew was, Johnny agreed to easily with the menu Sehun recommended, and he looked messed up.

Sehun didn’t really pay attention to him that time, but that night Johnny got too drunk to even lift his head off the table so he took the American home. Helpless with all the lack of inf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter