Chapter XII

A Thousand Dawns [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuta got the permission to take day offs on the weekend and he was beyond pleased with that. He did all the job mixing drinks and serving customers with light heart, humming along with the rhythm as he skillfully used the shaker.

“Your technique has gotten better and you have gotten a lot faster.” Jiho praised him from beside, grinning in satisfaction. “Not bad for a trainee.”

Yuta smiled and nodded his head. “Thanks, hyung.”

“Just remember my words-, get that?”

“Yeah-,” Yuta paused, turning his head to face Jiho. “-never feel too full to learn. Life of a bartender is one long journey, take every chance to be better.”

Jiho looked satisfied with Yuta’s answer, he patted the other on the shoulder. “Nice”.

With that, the senior left Yuta to serve the drink to a customer in front of him. As he turned his attention around, he accidentally met a pair of dark eyes that studied him from a far.

Ten.

Yuta returned the look coldly before turning his head around and focusing back to his drinks. He only lifted his head again when he heard the shuffle of the feet and a presence of someone in front of him.

“I need to talk to you, Yuta-ssi.” Ten said in a light but demanding serious tone. His eyes bored into Yuta’s, and the Japanese almost rolled his eyes.

“For what?”

“You are awfully have been cold to me.” Ten frowned. “I just want to ask-, are you friend of my boyfriend Johnny?”

MY BOYFRIEND JOHNNY.

Yuta could feel his nerve worked up when he heard the possessive term Ten had just used. My boyfriend? This kid, does he has no shame at all? Yuta scoffed and rose his eyebrows toward Ten. “Why do you ask?”

Ten frowned even deeper when he received such reaction. His expression hardened as he turned his gaze darker than before. “You have been chatting him, I noticed. You guys are friends. I don’t wanna start a fight with you, but all I want to know is if Johnny doing alright now and where is he staying.”

“I don’t feel like sharing any information with you.” Yuta replied flatly before turning around and pretended to be busy re-arranging the glasses. His body had went cold and hot at the same time, a mixture of annoyance and also nervousness.

“Did you tell him anything about what I am doing here?” Ten finally asked out what’s been bothering him from before.

Yuta paused on his track, putting down the old fashioned glass he was holding before turning around. “Huh?”

“You told him things about me, didn’t you?” Ten glared at Yuta. “Otherwise, he wouldn’t get angry and suddenly run away from our dorm like this.”

Yuta felt his whole body trembled in rage as he walked back and put his hands on the table, glaring back at Ten. “Listen, little . I never tell him anything about whatever ty things you do here. If you were just gonnaaccuse me for what I don’t do, you might need to leave or I’d make sure to ruin your night.”

Ten looked frightened a bit with Yuta’s tone, but he tried to stay still and kept his gaze strong on Yuta. “I just want to meet Johnny and clarify things with him. Just help me to reach out for him. I-,”

“After you made out oh so hotly with that silver guy on the table over there?” Yuta asked sharply as he nudged his chin toward the place where Ten and Taeyong kissed each other that night.

Ten’s face turning pale, teeth gritted against each other. “-you…”

“Don’t come near Johnny again.” Yuta stressed his words out, voice deep and threatening. “You don’t deserve him.”

Ten let out a disbelief gasp, eyes half filled with tears already. “He’s still my lover. You don’t know me a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter