Chapter X

A Thousand Dawns [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You will stay at your friend’s home?”

Ten’s voice was thick of confusion when he heard Johnny’s statement about leaving the dorm for a week. His tall boyfriend didn’t even look at him. Johnny was looking down on his suitcase, pretending to be busy checking the key. The Thailand dancer shook his head, eyebrows furrowing. “Why all of sudden?”

“I just wanna stay there a bit.” Johnny replied, short and almost emotionless. He had put so much effort practicing those words inside his mind before he got to say it out loud.

“Which friend?” Ten asked, eyebrows furrowing even further.

“You don’t know him,” Johnny replied again.

“You are funny, I know all of your friends.” Ten replied again, voice got stern. “Are you going to sleepover in Sehun’s?”

“No,” Johnny sensed the change in the other’s voice as he looked at the other. “My other friend.”

“Who is it?” Ten asked again.

“You don’t know this one.” Johnny insisted, dragging his suitcase along with him. He had prepared to leave. “He’s a new friend I made.”

“SeoYoungho,” Ten called using the other’s real name, jaw hardened. “What happened with you? Why are you avoiding me?”

Johnny stopped walking, head turned a bit to glance at Ten who was staring at him with eyes demanding for answers. He didn’t reply though, just stared at Ten with his blank expression.

Ten bit his lower lip when the other was obviously didn’t fight his last question, which mean he indeed really avoided the Thai guy. But why? Ten frowned, open his mouth but only manage to let out a whisper. “Why?”

Johnny wavered when he saw the other’s broken expression. He forced himself to look away, reminding himself with the painful scenes of Ten and Taeyong that day in the bar. He couldn’t let himself being fooled any further, no matter how hard he wanted to turn and embrace the other into his arms. The tall man took a step back and looked away, throat hurting. He wanted to tell how upset he was to Ten, but he didn’t know how to start. He’s afraid once he opened his mouth, hurtful words would stab Ten right in the heart.

“Johnny?” Ten’s voice once again echoed in the air and Johnny closed his eyes.

Enough. Johnny knew if he stayed a bit longer, he’d ended up losing it. So, the giant turned to Ten, hands formed to fists. “I saw what I shouldn’t.” He said, before looked away and hurried himself to open the door and escaped the dorm.

Ten froze both in surprise and confusion when he heard his boyfriend’s words. Saw what he shouldn’t see…? The Thailand guy blinked his eyes before he rose his head. What…?

When Ten fully processed the words and random guesses started to fill his mind, he stumbled forward with hand supporting his body weight on the door frame. No way. It’s not it-, is it?

When he finally snapped back from his sense andran outside to chase after Johnny, he couldn’t find the taller. Johnny took advantage of his long legs and disappeared just like that-, and Ten had lost the count of time when he started to remember every single thing happened on the past few days.

“No… no, no…” he whimpered to himself as he held his head. His brain showed the fresh images of him and Taeyong that day, losing against the sound of music and the alcohol. “No… it can’t be…”

Ten was left alone in front of the dorm room, standing alone like a fool staring at the empty corridor.

He ruined it.

Didn’t he?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You are really okay, aren’t you?” Yuta asked again, making sure that Sicheng wouldn’t get sulky with his sudden selfish request to let Johnny stay over.

“Kun is alone…too…” Sicheng said, gathering the Korean vocabularies he had learned all the time long with a smile on his face. His hand holding a small suitcase filled with his clothes. “I am okay.”

“You are the best,” Yuta sighed out as he handed a pack of his favorite Japanese green tea flavored candies to Sicheng’s hands, followed by two boxes of his precious Japanese sake flavored kit-kat. “This is for you and Kun, eat them all well!”

Sicheng stared at the food on his hands before chuckling a bit and nodded. What a way to win his heart. Sicheng was actually pretty happy because Kun had been asking him to sleep in his room too these couple days. Kun got the smallest room so he stays there alone, but he didn’t like to be alone. He better thank Yuta that now Sicheng has no option but to stay over there for a week.

When Sicheng had left with another extra kind of Japanese snacks, Yuta started to make sure that the whole room was clean. He was being nervous, pondering around while once in a while re-arranged things. He wanted the room to looked effortlessly clean and tidy, but he kept on brushing hands against things.

His phone rang minutes after, and Yuta rushed to pick it off.

“Johnny?” He voiced out immediately after he picked up the call. “You are outside? Okay, I am coming.”

Yuta shuffled his feet outside, and finding that the door was already opened with Lisa, the Thailand girl standing outside. She was smiling with legs shifting around and Johnny stood awkwardly outside, replying to her words. Yuta immediately lifted his one eyebrow and approached the door.

Lisa looked away from Johnny and blinked in surprise to see Yuta was already standing beside her. “Aw-, Yuta. Your friend.” She said in Korean as she glanced over to Johnny, looking a bit disappointed that she had no more reason to talk to Johnny any further.

Johnny’s smile brightened as he saw Yuta, and the Japanese gave Lisa a smug smile. “Yes and thanks for opening the door, Lis,”. He turned toward Johnny after ward, grinning and pulled the other’s hand. “Come.”

Johnny gave Lisa one last nod with his polite smile and the girl swore she could melt into puddle but managed to grab a hold of herself as both Yuta and Johnny had left her.

“Welcome to my room,” Yuta said as he opened his door, ushering Johnny to come inside. “Feel at home.”

Johnny looked around, taking notice that the room size was only half of the dorm he shared with Ten. It was neat and tidy though, so he lifted his suitcase and brought it to the corner of the room. “This is nice.”

Yuta wiggled his eyebrows before taking a can of cold orange juice he had prepared from before and offered it to Johnny. “Here, drink it,”. Well, so much for looking effortless and over excited.

Johnny accepted it with a smile, then proceeded to open

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter