Chapter IV

A Thousand Dawns [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuta was almost disappointed that even after a few days, Johnny hadn’t contacted him yet. He didn’t want to keep his expectation high, yet he couldn’t help but slump whenever his phone vibrated and it wasn’t Johnny who texted him.

Two weeks had passed ever since he came to Seoul, and he had never seen Johnny ever since. Not even in the night club where Ten works.

In those two weeks, Yuta had successfully dig up a little information about Johnny and Ten. Chaerin told him that Ten was a student in the university Johnny got transferred to. The Thailand kid was in charge of Johnny because he’s the class representative in Johnny’s Korean language class. They got close, and Ten took him to the bar sometimes. After two months or so, suddenly they became a thing which also surprised both Chaerin and Jiho.

The question is, why Johnny still wants to be Ten’s boyfriend when he had acknowledged Ten’s job from the very start? Is it because of the “I love you at your darkest” kinda quote?

Yuta just couldn’t understand it, but well he kept on brushing it aside.

Johnny’s love life isn’t his concern after all. It’s not his business. Johnny had become his new friend and he didn’t have to dig more than Johnny willing to give.

…right?

Well even Yuta tried to reassure that fact.

That day, Yuta had his day off. He rolled on the bed, didn’t exactly know what to do. He didn’t have idea where to go and he was being a lazy so he just laid on the bed and skipped the breakfast.

Most of his dorm mate had morning shifts, so the only one left in the dorm were Yuta, the Thailand girl Lisa and the Chinese kid Kun. They all stayed in their own rooms, except Lisa who had all dressed up.

Yuta huffed as he looked at his room’s ceiling. Ah… if only he was in Tokyo now, he probably had asked his best friend Ryosuke to go to Harajuku for a walk or maybe a little crepes. While here in Seoul, he didn’t really know what to do. Even if he did have something in mind to go, what’s the fun of doing it alone?

And all of sudden, Yuta felt really stupid with his own choice to move to Seoul. He also got annoyed with the agency his university works with. Why did they put him in the middle of foreign kids and separated his other Japanese friends who also joined the internship to Fukuoka and Nagoya instead?

Just as he was about grumble and add one more thing to his unlucky list, his phone vibrated and he took it. A message came out and he frowned.

A message.

Is it from…

His thumb moved to touch the open button, and his eyes widened in pure bliss when he saw Johnny’s name written there as the sender.

 

 

Yuta, when will you be free today?

 

 

Yuta held himself from squealing a yes, then typed back a reply in hurry.

 

 

I am having my day off today. Why?

 

 

He read it once again to make sure it didn’t sound too excited, before gulped down and sent it to Johnny. He waited in nervousness, sitting on his bed while repeatedly check the inbox.

He let out a ‘yatta’ when his phone vibrated and he opened the message.

 

 

I need to buy some sunscreen so I will go to Myeongdong today. Are you free now? Will it be okay to leave now?

 

Yuta wiggled excitedly on the bed when he read it, and he nodded to himself as he typed back the reply.

 

Sure. Let’s go.

 

 

After that he threw his phone up and let it landed beside him, before pumped the air happily. “Yashhh!”

A reply once again came, from Johnny saying that they would meet in a certain station. Yuta happily agreed and immediately showered. He spent a good minutes struggling to find an outfit that still looked nice but didn’t scream I spent ing 15 minutes to choose itvibes. After down with some shirt and pants, he went to the mirror and checked himself on.

Wow, now. Should he put his bangs up? Or should he let it down?

Yuta brushed his bangs repeatedly, checking himself on the mirror repeatedly before frowned.

What the was he doing?

He decided to let his bang down and gave it a ruffle before turned away from the mirror.

“…no, I am not trying to look good for him. I am doing this, because I don’t wanna lose against his look.”

He talked to himself, blinked a few times before nodded again.

“Yeap. It’s not because I want him to get stunned or what, ahahaha what the hell.”

Yuta cleared his throat, before reached out for his perfume and spritzed it on his shirt.

Well, Johnny smelled so good and Yuta also didn’t want to lose against the taller.

Yup. Not because he wanted to make Johnny likes his smell or what.

No, not at all.

Yuta cleared his throat nervously before ruffled his bangs once again. He should leave now even it’s not the promised time yet.

And no, it’s not because he wanted to meet Johnny as soon as possible. It just his Japanese habit to be on time so he preferred to wait than to make Johnny do so.

And with that last convincing word in his mind, Yuta shoved his wallet and phone into the pocket and walked out of his room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The public transportations in Seoul turned out to be quite spacey, not as crowded as what Yuta used to has in Tokyo. The Japanese hopped off the underground train and headed to the closest vending machine to text Johnny. He cleared his throat as he tried to calm his sudden nervousness down.

Yuta shuffled on his feet a few times before glanced and checked his reflection again in the mirror, making sure he looked great.

“Kuso…” he cursed in Japanese when he felt himself turning to a Japanese highschool girl. What was he even doing that for?

Yuta waited for Johnny while observing the Korean people walking around him. Yuta was too used to see the unique way of Japanese people dressing that he found it was quite fascinating to see how Korean people dressed so fashionably. Like almost all the girls have the perfect skin and body, with long colored silky hair and perfect 10 outfit selection.

A tap on his shoulder tore his attention away from a certain Korean kid who was wearing fashionable baby suit, making Yuta turned to find Johnny was looking at him with a smile.

“Hello,” the tall boy greeted with a smooth deep velvet like voice.

Yuta was almost drool when he saw the other. Johnny didn’t even wear anything classy. Just a casual white shirt with jeans jacket covering it. But the guy looked as if he had just walked on the runway.

It’s weird how everything looked so perfect about Johnny.

“H-hi!” Yuta replied the greeting before let out a huge grin to cover his sudden heated face.He rolled his shoulders to ease the tension. “Long time no see!”

Johnny grinned and nodded. “I’ve been a little busy with life recently. Just got a chance to go out today.”

Yuta nodded before chuckled. “Thought you would’ve forgotten me.”

Johnny widened his eyes a little. “Of course not, I am a man who sticks close to his promises.”

Yuta laughed at the other’s words, before turned over his shoulder. “So, what is this place?”

“Myeongdong, a kinda like shopping district area.” Johnny said before signaled Yuta to start walking toward the exit gate. “Have you ever been here?”

“Nope, not really.” Yuta shook his head. Well sure he learned Korean language, and he must say he’s pretty fluent already. But never ever he checked anything related to Korea’s tourisms, and not even before he moved to Seoul. Yuta spent the whole week before leaving by playing soccer with hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter