Chapter XI

A Thousand Dawns [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The morning came pretty early for both Yuta and Johnny. Johnny woke up around 7, and Yuta couldn’t even open his eyes until around 9. Being a bartender had ruined his sleeping pattern, so he hope Johnny wouldn’t mind. That was indeed what Johnny did. The American just decided to do something else to fill his morning while waiting for that sleepy Japanese hog to wake up.

Johnny decided that he wanted to buy a hat, so they would drop by Dongdaemun market while grabbing some morning snacks.

Yuta fixed his appearance in front of the mirror while Johnny was spending time in the bathroom. The Japanese tilted his head to the left and right, before deciding that he looked awesome. Smirking, Yuta tried to strike model poses in front of the mirror. He tried everything from looking cool to y, looking for right expressions to put in front of Johnny later on. As he did so, the door of his room being creaked open and Yuta almost stumbled on his own feet due to surprise.

“Oh-,” Johnny looked at Yuta’s appearance before grinning. “You look nice!”

Yuta cursed under his breath as he also checked the other’s look. Johnny just wore a simple white thin sweater that had a few rips on the sides. The Japanese’s eyes doubled in size before he turned his face away.

Johnny should really stop looking stunning in every situations or Yuta would get this kind of difficulties in breathing every time they’re together.

“You ready?” Yuta asked as he looked at Johnny once his heart calmed down.

“Yeah-,” Johnny replied as he put on his sport shoes. The American boy ran his fingers on his slightly dark brown locks, checking his appearance in front of the mirror again. “I am ready.”

The two finally made their way out of the dorm, heading to Dongdaemun mart. It was still early, but a lot of stalls had been opened already. Dongdaemun mart indeed open all day long, and that’s one thing that Yuta love from Seoul.

The smell of street foods filling the air. The two’s head couldn’t stop spinning around to check the street foods sold. Yuta paused when he saw a truck selling unique hotdog looking thing, then turning toward Johnny. “Let’s buy that one.”

It’s basically a hot dog. A sausage covered in bread dough and fries, deep fried on a stick. In short, french fries coated hot dog.

“It looked nice-,” Johnny said, also got lured by the appearance. They took some steps forward, and ended up buying one each.

The hotdog tasted nice. The crunchy fries taste blended with slight sweetness from the bread, creating a kind of perfect combination on the tongue.

“Oh-, this is nice.” Yuta groaned, taking another bite of it as they walked down the road of Dongdaemun.

Johnny who walked beside him also nodding his head in agreement, taking another bite of the hotdog. “I’ve never eaten this before.”

Yuta glanced at Johnny before back toward his hotdog. He blinked before trying so hard to control the smile that slowly forming on his face. Johnny tried something new with Yuta again, and somehow it made the Japanese happy.

While finishing their food, Johnny and Yuta went to check the hat sellers. They turned around, checking every hats sold. After spending good minutes of walking around, the two of them finally dropping their choices on one of the seller that sold the most tumblr-like hats.

Johnny picked up the hat that he liked, the black one with some cool detailed design on the front. He put it on him, and checked his appearance in front of the mirror. He put on more hats again, before finally arriving at the one he likes. The American turned around to show it to Yuta, smiling wide. “Do I look good?”

Yuta looked up to find Johnny’s look, widening his eyes and blinked a few times as he took in the other’s look. It looked nice-, it matches Johnny’s face feature so well. The Japanese nodded, blinking a few more times before looking away and nodded. “-yeah, that one is great.”

Johnny smiled when he heard that, and gave the hat to the seller. “I will get this one, please.”

“What about your boyfriend?” the seller ahjumma asked in a friendly tone, referring to Yuta who was still looking at the hats. “This hat is a couple version, and it is in white. You guys gonnamatch well.”

“Boyf-,” Yuta widened his eyes in surprise before shaking his head. “I am not his boyfriend!”

Johnny also hurriedly shook his head and explained. “He is my friend, we are not a lover.”

The ahjumma rose her eyebrows high, before nodded her head. “-oh, I see… but well, it will be great for friends too.”

Johnny and Yuta who heard it tried to suppress their laugh. The ahjumma was being so persistent-, she must had wanted them to buy more actually. That’s why she kept pushing them lightly like what she’s doing now.

“Alright, alright…” Johnny replied with a soft chuckle as he took the white hat and placed it on top of Yuta’s head. The taller took a step back and examined how Yuta looked with the hat on. Yuta on the other hand swore he could feel his blood slowly ran toward his face. Johnny really shouldn’t look at anyone with that kind of expression. It would drive people mad.

…or just Yuta. Maybe.

“You looked good.” Johnny smiled brightly, his face sparkled under the sunlight. The American turned toward the seller, and pulled out his wallet. “How much is the total?”

“Oh-?” Yuta immediately also pulled out his wallet and looked for the money, but his speed lost against Johnny because on the next moment the other had put on the black hat he just bought on his head. “How much is it-, 10000 won?”

“It’s on me.” Johnny replied lightly, fixing the hat on his head.

“No way, I want to pay.” Yuta insisted, pulling out his money from the wallet and handed it to Yuta.

“No need,” Johnny groaned softly before placing his hand on top of Yuta’s head, bringing his taller

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter