Chapter VII

A Thousand Dawns [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What the heck do you mean you are coming today??”

Sicheng who was taking a shower inside the bathroom got startled with Yuta’s voice. It took him a while to realize that the older was speaking on the phone in Japanese.

“Yeah, I told you that I had holiday today but can’t y-, geez-, Takuya Terada you-,”

Yuta was about to say more when his best friend cut him.

“Oh come on, Bakamoto. Your poor friend just wannasee the metropolitan city. I am bored with Busan, it’s as if I was brought back to my hometown in Ishigaki.”

The Japanese massaged his temple in frustration. His best friend could be really annoying sometimes.

“I have a promise already today, you idiot.”

That’s right. Yuta indeed had gotten a promise with Johnny that day. The tall American asked him to go to La Petite France, a small French themed theme park located in Gyeonggi-do. They both had become so excited that they almost talked about it everyday in the chat.

“Next week, come next week. I will be free too, and I will tour you all around Seoul. I promise, I pr-,”

“But I am already in the train now…”

“ YOU TAKUYA!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So… that is how the story goes…” Yuta ended his explanation with a sigh, glanced at Takuya who was standing beside him with a bright grin.

“Takuya Terada, nice to meet you Johnny!” Takuya said in slightly messy Korean, extended his hand to offer the other a handshake. “I am Yuta’s best friend from Japan!”

Johnny was still slightly taken a back, but a small grin curved on his lips as he received the handshake. “Hello, Takuya.”

“Thank you for taking care of this Bakamoto while he is here, he cried so much on the telephone the first time he arrived.” Takuya placed his hand on the back of Yuta’s head and gently made Yuta bowed too. 

“Ah, what the heck!” the other Japanese protested and slapped the other’s hand away.

“He has been this troublesome since we were in Tokyo.” Takuya made a sympathetic look. “He doesn’t trouble you in such ways, does he?”

For the numerous times, Yuta threw his best death glare at Takuya. That kid always says what he wants, but that was kinda not the right time to do it.

Johnny chuckled and shook his head. “No, he doesn’t. Yuta is a great company.”

Yuta couldn’t help but blush when he heard that. Good company, he said.

“What a relief!” Takuya laughed before nudged Yuta. “Woah, you have a good friend here.”

Johnny just laughed when he heard Takuya’s words. He ran his hand on his hair, shyly shook his head. “Err… shall we start walking now?”

The Japanese nodded their head, and started to follow Johnny from behind. As they walked, Takuya circled his arm around Yuta.

“So that is the one you told me? He is a hot one!” Takuya said, giving Yuta a mischievous grin.

“He is, and you are ruining my date with him.” Yuta hissed lowly, eyes watching Johnny’s back.

“Eyy, I should come myself to see what kind of guy my bestie has fallen into.” Takuya replied with one eyebrow rose. “And besides, you still have to fight off that Tenten guy. Can’t call this a date just yet.”

Yuta scoffed again when Ten’s name was mentioned. He’s so gonna rip that guy’s hair out of his scalp later on.

They walked around the theme park, taking pictures in pretty places.

“Johnny, can you take a picture of me with Yuta?” Takuya asked when they stopped in front of painted wall.

Johnny blinked and took the phone. He opened the camera application, then angled it toward the two Japanese.

Takuya circled his arm around Yuta’s neck and brought their faces together, looking a little too close in the camera.

Johnny paused a little as he stared at the screen. His eyes scanned the two best friends, before moved his thumb to shoot the picture.

“San kyuu!” Takuya jumped out, pushing Yuta away and made the later grumbled in reply.

Johnny smiled as he handed Takuya the phone back. “You guys are very close, aren’t you?”

“Yeah, he is my high school friend.” Yuta sighed. “We went to the same class together and ended up becoming a duo.”

“Yuta sticks to me like a gum.” Takuya chuckled. “We supposed to have internship in Seoul together, but somehow I got sent to Busan instead.”

“Ah…” Johnny nodded. “…but do you like it there? Busan?”

“I like it but…” Takuya sighed and smacked the back of Yuta’s head. “It’s lonely because this kid isn’t with me.”

“Aho! That hurts, teme!” Yuta cursed as he rubbed his hand on the spot Takuya had just hit.

Johnny looked stunned for a while, before letting out an awkward laugh. “A-ah… I see…”

Yuta caught something wrong with Johnny’s facial expression. He frowned a little, wondering what had happened. Just as he was about to open his mouth and asked, Takuya suddenly shook him.

“Ice cream! Let’s get some ice cream!”

Yuta could only helplessly looked at Johnny as he was dragged by Takuya to the ice cream vendor.

Johnny followed from behind awkwardly, and stood beside the Japanese who’s excitedly ordering.

“Bubblegum and soda soft ice cream for me.” Takuya asked happily. “What about you, Yuta? Johnny?”

“I will just… do the coffee flavor.” Yuta said, eyes glancing at Johnny.

Johnny seemed to get immersed reading the flavor selections. He turned around and met Yuta’s eyes, startled the Japanese a bit that Yuta had to look away.

“I will just take the melon and mango one.” Johnny said.

Their ice creams soon were being made. Yuta ignored Takuya’s rambles, looking at Johnny. The American guy seemed to be very interested in how the ice cream man filled the cones with soft serves. His eyes twinkled in child-like excitement, and Yuta found it very adorable.

“Thank you!” the ice cream man handed the ice creams he made to Takuya, and Takuya distributed them to both Johnny and Yuta.

They decided to sit on a round table beside the ice cream vendor and enjoyed their ice creams.

“Hey, you should visit me in Busan too. I will take you around.” Takuya said as he glanced at Yuta. “And Johnny too.”

Johnny showed a surprised look. “Me too?”

Takuya nodded. “Have you ever been to Busan before?”

Johnny shook his head. “I planned up to go, but still haven’t gotten a chance.”

“Come, anytime. I have my room only for myself, so it could fit three people inside.” Takuya said. “I will treat you guys good food there.”

“Oh, nice!” Yuta grinned. “Treat us seafood, it’s Busan’s specialty.”

Takuya gave the other a look and murmured in Japanese. “You don’t even treat me anything here in Seoul…”

“Wha-, who asked you to buy one day trip ticket? And also I start working again tomorrow, you come at the wrong time.” Yuta replied, eyes narrowing at Takuya.

The other just chuckled, and accidentally saw Johnny’s confused face.

“Oh, you must be curious about what we said.” Takuya gave the other a mischievous grin.

Johnny pursed his lips before eats his ice cream again. “It’s okay-, talk comfortably.”

Yuta who saw the slight discomfort in Johnny’s face, made a face and scolded Takuya. “Stupid, stop talking in Japanese.”

“Who’s the one who just talked in Japanese now.” Takuya hissed before smiled at Johnny. “Sorry, it’s out of habit.”

The American smiled an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter