Wu Fan Gogh

Three Beagles and a Kitty: Epilogues

We haven't had a Krisyeol in a while. So here you go :)


It was just another beautiful day in the Wu household. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and the musical stylings of Drake played quietly in the background. It was a wonderful day for Kris to engage in one of his greatest passions. The tall man was sitting at the edge of the couch, a large easel in front of him. He was currently ‘organizing’ some paintbrushes and other painting materials on the table in front of him. It had only been Kris and Tao in the room for a while. The sweet baby was asleep, peacefully curled up in a ball behind Kris, which is why he was pressed so closely to the edge. He was clutching both Ace and Baby into his arm’s, using them as pillows, a truly adorable sight. But it wasn’t long before Chanyeol padded into the living room on all fours and joined the duo , smiling as soon as his caught sight of his gorgeous owner. But of course being the dorky, klutz that he was, Kris immediately dropped all bushes and paint tubes all over the floor as soon as his dog made it into the room. Upon reaching to pick all of his items up, the blond nearly knocked over his easel. Sometimes it was hard having such long limbs. Chanyeol simply giggled at the man. And Kris blushed redder than D.O.’s hair.

It wasn’t a secret that Kris loved art, but honestly, the hybrids were taken a bit off guard when they first heard about their owner’s passion. He just didn’t strike them as the artsy type. Then again, he also didn’t strike people as a goofy klutz who loved cute hybrids and was afraid of a vegetable.

“Hello hyung.” Chanyeol barked as he strolled over to his owner. Upon reaching the sofa, he noticed that Tao was also on top on it. It always amazed Chanyeol how long and how frequently cat hybrids slept during the day. Luckily the Li Hua Mao was a rather heavy sleeper and wasn’t deterred by his hyung’s bark.

“Hey Yeollie.” Kris said, lovingly patting his puppy’s silver hair and playing with his ears. Chanyeol wagged his tail rapidly, loving the feeling of his owner’s large hands in his fur. “What’s up, pup?” The man was whispering his words, obviously trying not to disturb Tao.

“What are you doing, hyung? Are you about to paint a picture? Oh…what are you painting? Are you going to paint something in particular? Or someone. Ooooh, why don’t you paint me hyung!” Puppyeol spilled out one question after another and Kris barely had time to register each one, let alone respond. Plus he was to distracted with picking up his fallen materials.

“Geez, slow down Yeollie, I just….Chanyeol!” Kris shouted, totally forgetting about his kitty being asleep. But at that moment, Kris wasn’t really concerned about disturbing Tao.

Chanyeol was currently laying on the chair across from the couch, his long legs high in the air, so much so that his back was no longer touching the cushion of the chair. Kris hadn’t even noticed the beagle go over to the chair, let alone get into that very painful looking and incredibly dangerous position.

“Paint me, hyung!” The beagle barked happily. Kris immediately went over and pulled Chanyeol into a normal sitting position.

“What on earth is the matter with you Chanyeol? Don’t you know how dangerous that is?” Kris scolded fiercely. And Chanyeol sank lower onto the chair, his tail twitching between his legs.

“Hyung…” the boy whimpered.

“Don’t ‘hyung’ me! You could have really hurt your back or fallen on the floor! Don’t do that ever again, do you understand me!” Kris shouted. Chanyeol could only nod. He could feel the tears pooling up in his eyes.

“Chanyeol, don’t.” Kris said, a softer tone on his lips.

“I…I’m sorry…Kris hyung.” Chanyeol whimpered, the tears falling uncontrollably.

Cànliè…” The blond man sighed. He sat down next to his pup on the chair, despite the lack of room, and pulled him into a hug.

“I’m…sniff, sorry hyung. I…I just sniff, wanted to help you with your painting.” The dog shivered as he cried. He hated when Kris was upset with him, but even more than that…he couldn’t take when the man yelled at him. If wasn’t a negative feeling towards Kris however, but himself. If he made the man so mad that he yelled at him…he felt like a horrible, horrible pet. No hybrid should ever make their owner so mad that they yell at them. And Kris knew that the dog felt that way. That’s why he usually tried everything in his power to never ever raise his voice to the hybrid no matter what he did. But the sight on his precious pup in such a dangerous predicament unleashed a different side of him. Guilt instantly swept over Kris as he looked at the teary eyed dog.

“Chanyeol, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to yell at you like that.” Kris said, rubbing the puppy’s back, mainly still worried that he’d possibly hurt himself. “It’s just… you scared me. I didn’t want you to get hurt.”

“I’m sorry.” Chanyeol repeated, still shivering. His tail was still twitching between his legs. Kris gently grabbed the long silver tail, and pulled out from his legs. He wasn’t sure if it would actually remove the puppy’s fear, but at the moment he couldn’t really think of anything else to do.

“No, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have reacted so harshly.” The man’s voice had returned to a whisper. He continued gently rubbing Chanyeol’s back. The duo sat in silence for a minute before the human spoke up. “Are you mad at me?”

“No. Never.” Chanyeol said, surprise evident in his tone. “I…I just don’t like to make you upset, Kris hyung.”

“I’m not upset, just worried. I don’t know what I’d do if you ever hurt yourself, Yeollie.”

“I didn’t mean to make you worry. I’ll be more careful, hyung.” Chanyeol’s voice was very soft and serious. He really did feel bad about making his owner so afraid.

Kris backed out of the hug and looked Chanyeol in the eyes. He smiled endearingly at his sweet beagle and placed a sweet kiss on his lips. Kris pulled him the dog to his feet and walked him over to the couch, right back where Kris had started.

“Are you okay, Canlie?” Kris asked. He gently rubbed the pup’s ears as he spoke.

“Yes hyung. I’m okay.”

“Good.” Kris’s gummy smile stretched across his face. And of course Chanyeol couldn’t stop the smile that stared spreading on his own lips. He simply adored his owner’s bright, gummy smile. It always brightened his mood, no matter what the situation.

Kris sighed internally. He didn’t know how that situation escalated so quickly. One second he was thinking about what he wanted to paint. The next second, he was yelling at Chanyeol for scaring the hell out of him. He didn’t mean to scare the poor boy. But the idea of Chanyeol falling off of the chair and injuring himself completely clouded any sensibilities in his mind. All that mattered was keeping his beagle from getting hurt. Hopefully he could cheer him up by letting him watch the painting unfold. He knew how much Chanyeol loved watching him draw or paint, even through Kris's still weren't that advanced. 

“So…um…what are you going to paint hyung?” Chanyeol still seemed genuinely curious about what Kris was planning on painting.

“Heh, I actually didn’t have any ideas.” The tall man chuckled.

“Huh?” Chanyeol tilted his head and raised one of his ears, sporting probably the cutest confused puppy look on the planet. “

“I was just going to start painting randomly and let an idea come to me.” Kris set opened all of his paint tubes as he spoke. “Ya know, abstract stuff.”

“Abstract?”

“It’s a special kind of painting. It doesn’t necessarily need to look like something in particular, but it can still turn out really pretty.”

“Oh.” Chanyeol nodded his head. At that moment, Tao began stirring in his sleep, probably dreaming of something. Immediately Chanyeol turned around and started the kitty’s hair. He gently, caressed the young boy’s fur and face until he fell back into his peaceful slumber.

“What was up?” Kris asked casually. This was a pretty frequent event, so he didn’t find it weird when Tao had his little moments. The hybrids of course could sense each others' distress, even if the other was sleeping, and would always immediately jump in to provide comfort. 

“Just a little nightmare, maybe.” Chanyeol replied, giving Tao one last final comforting before turning around and resting his head next to Kris’s leg. “I think he’s good now.”

Kris couldn’t stop himself from smiling wildly at the scene behind him. He just loved how gentle and brotherly his hybrids were with each other; particularly the beagles’ interactions with Tao.

“Thanks Yeollie.” Kris said, ruffling the dog’s silver fur. Chanyeol nuzzled his head into his owner’s hand and began panting happily. The blond man quickly became lost in petting his adorable pup. Kris was sure that the dog was deep in a trance as well, before he suddenly sat up.

“Ooooh, Kris. Why don’t you paint Ace?”

“Ace? How come?”

“Because he’s cute.” Chanyeol barked, Kris’s cheek. “Ooooooh, you should paint him with the necklace too.”

Kris placed his hand over the crimson phoenix necklace around his neck. He’d been wearing it every day since Chanyeol had gotten it for him on Christmas. To Kris, his necklace was the equivalent of his hybrids’ collars. There was rarely a moment where he didn’t have it on. He'd actually forgotten the fact that Ace had been presented to him wearing the treasured accesory.

“I guess I could try.” Kris said, rather nervously. Painting a simplistic toy like his precious alpaca shouldn’t have been too hard, but the necklace added a bit of complexity that Kris wasn’t sure he could handle. Plus the fact that Chanyeol would be watching him only made him even more nervous. Sure the pup didn’t know much about painting in general, but Kris suffered from ‘I must always look cool in front of Yeollie or else’ syndrome.

Kris looked at the silver puppy on his lap, his large eyes looking at him pleadingly. Almost begging him to say yes.

“Alright, I’ll paint them.” The blond man said. Chanyeol his owner’s face happily before lying back against his leg.

“Oh boy! Oh boy! Hurry hyung! Paint him! Paint him!” Chanyeol barked, his entire body wriggling with joy. The beagle’s tail was thumping wildly against the sofa. Kris grabbed the energetic pup and gently held him in place. He put his finger to his lips and pointed at the sleeping kitty behind them, who luckily still hadn’t been disturbed by Chanyeol’s antics.

“Easy boy. Remember, Taozi’s sleeping.” He whispered. The dog hybrid instantly paused, and sank his body against Kris. He slowly turned around and was relieved to see the kitten still peacefully asleep, clutching the husky toy.

“Sorry Taozi.” Chanyeol whispered, patting Tao’s gently.

“Inside voice for now, Yeolie.” Kris said. Chanyeol nodded. Kris slowly and gently pulled Ace from behind Tao’s back, the kitten had released him during his little night scare, and set him on the coffee table. He then put his phoenix necklace around the toy’s neck and set him up in the position he wanted to paint them.

“Alright. Now let’s do this.” The tall human whispered.

To say that Kris was stressing out would be an understatement. He felt like his heart was slamming into his chest. His palms were so sweaty he was scared the paintbrush would slip out of his hands. He was sure he’d taken far too many long pauses to be considered normal. The man was only lucky that his puppy knew nothing about painting, otherwise he’s sure he’d be getting hammered with questions by now.

But Kris couldn’t help it. He simply couldn’t remain calm with Chanyeol laying on his lap, watching him paint up close. The thought of making a stupid mistake and looking like a noob in front of his cute puppy was so nerve-wracking. Chanyeol looked up to his owner almost as a teacher. He expected Kris to be talented and knowledgeable about literally everything, despite the fact that that couldn’t have been further from the truth. Heck, with all of the times Kris has answered a question with “I don’t know”, “Huh?”, or “Eh?”, one would probably already assume he wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed. Of course Kris wasn’t dumb by any means; he just didn’t always have an answer for every question.

But one of the things he loved about his relationship with Chanyeol was how much the puppy admired him. The way his eyes lit up whenever Kris explained something new to him or taught him how to do something. And the way he’d be full of ‘oohs’ and ‘aahs’ when Kris did something Chanyeol found to be exceptionally amazing, no matter how simple it really was. The tall man would never be able to hold back a gummy smile at his beagle’s wagging tail and shining eyes.

Which is why he was so nervous at the mere thought of screwing up his painting in front of the boy. Kris was so lost in his paranoid filled thoughts that he didn’t notice that Chanyeol was speaking to him.

“Huh?” the man asked, probably sounding like an idiot.

“I said, when will he start to look like Ace?” Chanyeol repeated, his tail thumping gently against the edge of the sofa.

“Oh well…uh…” Kris stared at the canvas in front of him, which currently displayed nothing other than a white blob. Oh yeah. Real nice, Yifan. Perfect Van Gogh material right there. The man thought to himself.

“Do his face now, hyung. Pleeeeaaaaseeee.” The puppy whined, huge eyes blinking beautifully at his owner.

“His face?” Truthfully, Kris shouldn’t have been nervous. The stuffed alpaca’s ‘face’ consisted of two dots for eyes and probably the simplest mouth for a toy on the planet. A 5 year old could paint Ace’s face flawlessly. And that was precisely the reason why Kris was freaking out. If he messed up something a child could do, he’d look like a total loser.

“Yeah, and his little hat.”

“Mmrroww. Hat.” Tao mewed quietly; talking in his sleep as usual. Chanyeol gave the kitty a quick pat on the head.

“Sure. I’ll teach you how to do it.” Kris said, staring blankly at the canvas. He was too nervous to look Chanyeol in the eyes.

Why would you say that, you idiot? Now you can’t mess up. The man scolded himself.

“Really?” the silver puppy’s eyes gleamed in delight.

“Sure, it’s easy.” And Kris mentally smacked himself.

I hate you, Yifan.

Chanyeol, completely obvious to his owner’s internal argument, seemed thrilled at the idea of his owner teaching him to paint. Kris knew he couldn’t screw this up. He took a deep breath and dipped his paintbrush into the paint. The yellow paint.

“Okay so first you need to…” Kris began, voice cracking instantly.

“Kris?” Chanyeol interrupted quietly. Kris thanked the heavens that Chanyeol cut him off before he had the opportunity to say something stupid.
“Yeah, Yeollie?”

“Why are you using yellow?”

D’oh

Kris would have facepalmed if he weren’t holding the paintbrush in his hand. He wasn’t that clumsy to splat paint on his face.

“Oh well, um…” Kris stuttered, trying to think of a quick way to get out of his mess. “If you take the yellow and mix it with, pink and uh…then with blue it’ll make black.” Kris dipped the brush into each color as he said it, slowly creating his desired color.

“It does?” Chanyeol looked at his owner like a child watching a magician doing a magic trick. And just as Kris had said, the paint did indeed become black.

“Yeah, when you mix certain colors together, you get a new once. In this case, black.” Kris painted the two small dots that were Ace’s eyes perfectly as he finished his explanation.

“Woooooow.” Chanyeol’s mouth formed a perfect ‘o’ as he watched his owner’s hand with unblinking eyes. “But why don’t you just use the black paint?”

“Well, you can do that. But real artists, mix their own colors.” Kris couldn’t help the snooty tone. He didn’t want to seem like he was bragging or anything. He just loved the awe struck eyes Chanyeol gave him whenever he was impressed.

“Hyung is so cool.” Chanyeol hummed, snuggling into Kris’s tummy. (Kris had abs. An entire five pack actually! He just hadn’t worked out it a while.) The tall male smiled at his adoring pup, the nervousness he’d been harboring this entire time soon fading away.

Kris continued with the painting like a pro; demonstrating how to properly paint Ace’s pirate hat and his large ears. Chanyeol simply watched with excited puppy eyes, asking question after question during the entire process. And Kris was of course more than happy to entertain his hybrid with answers.

“How do you make him look fluffy?”

“Just mimic the appearance of the toy material. Like this…”

“Wow, he looks so real. Almost like he’s in 3D.”

“Yeah. When you add the shades, it looks like there’s depth.”

“How are you going to do his pink jacket?”

“All you need to do is paint it around his body and it’ll look like he’s wearing it.”

“You’re just like a real artist.”

“Artisssst, mwrrrow.” Tao mewed. Chanyeol giggled.

Kris had finished painting the alpaca quite quickly once he got into the vibe. Chanyeol’s encouraging words were also helpful for making the process go much smoother. But now came the part Kris had been dreading. The phoenix necklace. Kris had never painted anything so complex before. Plus having to properly put it as an accessory around Ace’s neck would be an even greater challenge. But the blond man couldn’t chicken out now. He’d made it too far. The silver puppy was already expecting a masterpiece.

“Well…only one thing left. Right?” Kris began nervously. He tried not to let it show, but it was obvious to anyone that he wasn’t 100% confident. Chanyeol could probably use his dog senses to tell him that without even looking at Kris.

“The necklace.” The pup said, his voice a bit quieter than before.

“Yeah.” Kris couldn’t hold off. He had to start before Chanyeol started questioning him. “Well, here we go…” Kris dipped the brush in some water, swirling it around in slow, gentle circles. He didn’t remove he brush until all of the pink paint had come off.

Just do it. Just start painting.

He pulled the brush out of the water and wrapped it in a small napkin. He dabbed at it for about 40 seconds before deeming it dry enough and setting down the napkin.

Just get on with it Wu!

The man slowly dipped the tip of the brush in the crimson paint. He picked up ever the smallest amount of the substance. Slowly, he lifted up the brush, aiming right for Ace’s neck. He was mere centimeters from the alpaca’s neck. And then.

“Hyung, wait!” Chanyeol grabbed Kris’s elbow and pulled his arm down. Kris didn’t know if he wanted to ask Chanyeol what was up or just sigh in relief and not say a thing. In his sheer confusion, he chose the former.

“Um, what’s up…pup?” The blond asked after a few seconds.

“Well, shouldn’t you let him dry for a bit before you add the necklace? Um…so he won’t smudge.” Chanyeol’s words held a bit of uncertainty behind them. Almost as if there was something more that he wanted to say.

“Huh? Oh. Oh yeah. Yeah, let’s put him by the sun to dry for a bit. Then I can add the necklace later.” Kris grabbed the painting and tried to walk over to the window as calmly as possible, because he was jumping for joy on the inside. He was so glad that he had some more time to spare before he’d have to paint the super detailed necklace.

The tall man returned to the sofa where the beagle had his arms open for a hug. Natually, Kris made his way into his puppy’s arms, where he received a huge flurry of doggy kisses.

“I love when we get to spend time like this.” Chaneyol hummed softly. He gently nuzzled his head into face, filling the man’s nostrils with his fluffy silver fur.

“I do too. It’s nice to spend time with everyone, but I like these moments between just the two of us just the same.” Kris pressed a kiss to his beautiful hybrid’s nose. “By the way, what are Chen and Baekhyun doing? I feel like I haven’t seen them all day.”

“I think they went to the park.”

“They left?”

“They were upstairs cuddling and making out for the longest time, but they headed out like 20 minutes ago.”

“I didn’t even hear that.” Kris was dumbfounded. He couldn’t believe that he actually missed his hybrids leaving his home.

“You were really caught up in your painting.” Chanyeol giggled. He was trying to lighten the mood. He knew that Kris was feeling a bit uncomfortable. The man would have felt better if he’d heard the other dogs leave and bid them farewell, but the fact that his hybrids left house while he was totally unaware of the fact just made him a bit uneasy. A soft hand placing itself on top of his own made Kris snap back to reality.

“They’ll be fine, hyung.” Chanyeol said with a warm smile. He rubbed his cold nose against Kris’s, eliciting a slight chuckle from the older male who couldn’t hold back his smile.

“You’re right, Yeolllie.”

“Chanyeollie…doggy…” Tao purred. The snuggling duo giggled at their younger housemate. Kris scratched the kitten behind his ears, causing him to let out more content purrs. The three giants relaxed on the couch in peaceful silence (minus the sounds of Tao purring), with Kris and Chanyeol slowly getting sleepier by the minute. After around 10 minutes, the beagle hybrid finally spoke up.

“Kris?” The puppy whispered, playing with his fingers as he spoke.

“Yeah?” the man yawned.

“Um…can we just leave Ace the way he is?” Chanyeol’s question actually snapped Kris into a more awakened state.

“Huh?”

“Can you…not paint the necklace on Ace?” the pup whispered again.

“What? But why? I thought you wanted him to wear it?”

“I did, at first. But now…I dunno. I think he looks good just the way he is.” Kris could almost feel that there was something more to Chanyeol’s new request. And just as he was about to ask, Chanyeol continued. “And…well…”

“Yes, Chanyeol?” Kris asked with a raised eyebrow.

“I… The necklace is supposed to show my love for you. I’d rather see you paint a picture of yourself wearing it.” The beagle’s face blushed as red as the necklace itself once he finally finished speaking. And his owner’s face was no different. The two men averted their eyes for a few minutes before meeting once more.

“Oh. Well…” Kris reached over to the table and pulled the stuffed alpaca into his arms. The man took the necklace off of the toy and put it back in its desired spot around his neck. He smiled at his puppy, causing the boy to blush even harder.

“You look pretty, hyung.” Chanyeol whispered, his eyes on his lap. Kris placed two fingers under Chanyeol’s chin and pulled his face up so that their eyes met. Slowly, Kris moved Ace back into his spot behind Tao’s head, removing the barrier in between him and the dog. Without any words, the two men linked lips, their passions bursting in a deep, loving kiss.

“This necklace is my 5th most prized position.” Kris said. “Thank you for buying it for me.” He placed another kiss to Chanyeol’s lips.

“5th?” Chanyeol questioned with a tilted head.

“You, Tao, Baek, and Chen are the others.” The man kissed the pup after each name as he spoke. Chanyeol grinned again and gave his owner a gentle on the cheek.

“I can’t wait to see you paint yourself with it.” The dog hummed, leaning his head on top of his owner’s.

“Me neither.” Kris said softly, caressing the dog’s ears.

Wait, what?!


Ugh, why can't I write good Krisyeols :(  Sorry if the begining was weird. Originally this was from Chanyeol's POV, but I changed it to Kris's early on since we hadn't really had a chapter that was fully from Kris's POV only. So if something seems weird...that's why. Also, sorry if the part where Kris yells at Chanyeol seems kind of random. Originally it was going to go a different way, but I didn't think Kris would be so calm about Chanyeol being in a dangerous position like that so I made him get super overprotective. But I know it seems kind of odd.

Here's the image. (https://instagram.fbkk5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t51.2885-15/sh0.08/e35/14716604_1818305578419916_3099177267545243648_n.jpgimage)

I'll try to do better with the next one. Thanks to everyone who's been reading though :)