Married to the Music

Three Beagles and a Kitty: Epilogues

Someone requested Krisbaek so I have delivered. Honestly, I really did need to do a chapter with them. It's been forever since they've had any cute interactions, so sorry about that. Hope you all enjoy :) 


“C’mon Kris, you promised.” Baekhyun whined.

“Just a minute Baek.” Kris replied, his eyes locked on the TV screen.

“You said that an hour ago.” The dog whined again.

“I’ll be ready in like 10 minutes, just go get dressed.”

“I’m already dressed. I got dressed 30 minutes ago.”

“Oh…well, uh…aw man no! How did he miss that?” Kris slumped back on the couch, distraught at how the game was going.

“Kris hyung, we haven’t gone on a walk in forever.” Baekhyun threw his body on top of his owner, a giant pout on his face.

Kris had been working much longer hours recently. So much that he’d barely had any time to do anything fun with his hybrids. It was especially upsetting for Beakhyun and Chanyeol, who loved going out with their owner. He’d promised Baekhyun that he’d take him out for a walk that day since he got off early, but it also happened to be the same day that a basketball game was on. Now Kris liked basketball, but he wasn’t normally one to get too hyped over a game like most people. Certainly never distracted to the point that he started ignoring people. But this game was quite special to the man; his bias Stephen Curry was playing.

“Krrrriiiiisssss…”

It’s not that Kris didn’t want to take his beloved pup on a walk, but he hadn’t seen Stephen Curry play in forever.

“Yes! He just scored a three pointer! C’mon Curry, you’ve got this.” Kris cheered, looking to Baekhyun for support. He was met with the eyes of a very irritated beagle, a low growling sounding from his chest. The tall man sighed. He knew that he was wrong for pushing Baekhyun aside like he was doing. The dog would be devastated if he didn’t get his walk today, and Kris wouldn’t be able to live it down.

“Alright Baekkie, let’s go.” Kris said, patting the hybrid’s head.

“Finally!” the dog huffed. In an instant he bounded over to the door, tail wagging rapidly in anticipation.

“Okay, okay, calm down. I’m sorry for making you wait so long, Baek.” He patted the dog once more, truly sorry for his actions. Baekhyun simply barked in response, scratching at the door intently. “Easy boy.” Kris chuckled. He opened the door and let Baekhyun dash outside. As usual, he circled the yard in a wild figure 8 before rolling on his back in the grass.

“Ugggghhh, this feels so goooood.” Baekhyun moaned. He was panting heavily, both from his exhaustion, but also from happiness. It felt like it had been months not only since he’d been on a walk, but since he’d been outside in general. And honestly, that wasn’t too shocking. If Kris wasn’t taking the hybrids out, rarely did they ever leave the house. Though Kris hated the fact that Baekhyun was dirtying one of his nice outfits, he was happy to see the pup having so much fun. Out of all 3 beagles, it was obvious that the eldest loved being outside the most.

“Well, are we going to walk or just roll around for an hour?” Kris asked, hands on his hips.

“Hey, I haven’t been able to do this in forever. I deserve this time to get reacquainted with nature.” Baekhyun sighed. “Especially since you kept me waiting for an hour.”

“It was not an hour. It was like, half an hour.” Kris retorted, though he really wasn’t sure how long it truly had been.

“Pffft, you weren’t even paying attention.” Baekhyun replied, rubbing his face in a pile of flowers.

“C’mon Baek. You’re getting so dirty. And I really don’t need all of these germs in the shower.” Kris whined.

“Alright, I’m coming.” Baekhyun said sadly. He slowly got up and shook himself off, attempting to remove the dirt that was staining his hair and clothes. He then went over to his owner, ready for his walk to begin.

“Ready to finally get going?”

“Yeah yeah yeah!” The boy panted happily. Kris smiled and took Baekhyun’s hand in his own. The duo headed down the street, out of the neighborhood and toward the park.

Unfortunately, Kris didn’t live in the most interesting area. There weren’t many interesting “hot spots” near him, which is one of the main reasons why he and the hybrids didn’t really go out that much. There just wasn’t anything to do or see. No stores, no nice places to eat, not even something as simple as a barber shop. Though honestly, it didn’t really matter. Even if Kris did live near a mall or restaurant, there’s no way he’d be able to enjoy a peaceful time with his hybrids anyway. Thus, the park became their most common venture location. It was large enough to enjoy a lot of space to themselves and avoid the rude hybrid haters. That said though, it did become boring going to the same place to hang out, every time they left the house.

“Do you really want to go to the park again? Didn't you and Chen Chen go there like, last week?”

“I’m surprised you remember that. You were so focused on your painting that day.” Baekhyun chuckled.

“Oh c’mon, you guys keep blowing that out of proportion.”

“Are you kidding? You literally didn’t even say anything when we walked out the door.” The dog jokingly nudged his owner.

“Anyway…” Kris began, trying to alter the conversation. “Are we going to the park, or somewhere else?”

“What’s wrong with the park?”

“It’s just that we always go to the park. Isn’t there anywhere else you’d like to go?”

Baekhyun turned away from Kris and smiled sadly at the ground. “It’s not like there are many places I can go.”

“Baek, don’t worry about that. You’re with me now, and no one’s gonna mess with you if they see me.” Kris took Baekhyun’s hand in his own and looked into his eyes. “If there’s anywhere you want to go, just say it and I’ll take you there.”

A small whimper exited the dog’s throat before he spoke. “No. Don’t worry about it. It’s fine.” He attempted to hasten his pace, but Kris pulled him back immediately.

“Baekhyun, just tell me. Where do you want to go?” Kris's soft, warming expression seemed to be inviting to Baekhyun. He wrapped his arms around his owner and buried his face in his chest.

“Well…I’ve been wanting to go to the music shop for a while.” It was slightly muffled, but Kris had heard what Baekhyun had said.

“Hm, the music shop? For what?” Kris asked.

“I just wanted to listen to some music.” The dog pulled away and finally made eye contact with his owner. “I was sort of hoping that it could help me with my singing.” Kris broke out into his large, gummy smile as soon as Baekhyun finished speaking.

“Sure thing Baek. Why didn’t you just say so? You know we all love your singing.” Kris said, ruffling the boy’s hair.

“You know, I just…I know how hard it is for you to have to go out with hybrids.”

“Baek…”

“I know you say that it’s fine, but I still don’t like making you have to go through all of that.” Baekhyun nuzzled his head into Kris’s chest again. One for the comfort, but also because he didn’t want to look him in the eyes anymore.

All of the hybrids felt the same way, deep down. They hated that they were often harassed in public, simply due to being hybrids, but even more, they felt bad for Kris. As strange as it may sound, sometimes it seemed that the people who harassed Kris’s pets did it with the overall intention to bother him. As if they got enjoyment out of insulting something that he cared so much for. It wouldn’t have surprised the hybrids if that truly was the case. In addition to hating hybrids, most people in their society loathed the people who owned them.

“I mean what I say, Baekhyun. I couldn’t care less about what any random stranger says or does to me. As long as you guys are okay, I’m fine.” Kris took Baekhyun’s hand, which was still laced in his own, and brought it to his lips.

“Thank you hyung.”

 

The duo remained silent until they reached the small music shop. It wasn’t a really big or frequently visited place. More often than not, the store’s occupancy never reached more than four customers at a time. But despite how empty the shop tended to be, it was still a great place to shop for the latest music. The store mainly played songs from really popular girl groups like Red Velvet and Girls Generation, which was another reason why Kris’s pets, especially Baekhyun, liked it so much.

Kris and Baekhyun made their way in the shop, the familiar jingling bell sounding as they entered. A GFriend song was playing, one from their newest album actually. And all of the front store shelves were stacked rows of new albums that Baekhyun knew had come out very recently. He loved how quickly the store acquired their music. Bopping his head to the funky beat, Baekhyun danced to one of the shelves, looking to see what new tunes he could find.

Kris smiled seeing how the beagle was enjoying himself. The tall man quickly scanned the store, peering behind shelves and cardboard cutouts, and sighed in relief upon seeing that they were the only people in the store aside from the very disinterested looking cashier. With no need to worry about Baekhyun being bothered, Kris decided to relax and quickly check up on his friends’ Instagrams.

Baekhyun browsed the aisles eagerly, hungry to see everything that the store offered. As usual, the majority of the selection consisted of pop songs, but the pup was also happy to see other genres, such as ballads and hip hop singles. Baekhyun wished he could listen to all of them, but he knew the cashier would get pissed if the hybrid held up too much of her time. He decided to pick out 5 albums, one for each member of the house.

It shouldn’t be too difficult a task. After all, the boys shared many of the same music tastes. They’d probably end up sharing all of the albums anyway, but Baekhyun still thought it would be nice to get each hybrid a set to call their own. He picked out his own gift first; a copy of Growl. He loved the album as a whole, but he especially loved the title track of the same name. The first singer had such a lovely voice that Baekhyun adored. And if the beagle was able to get his photocard, he'd be in heaven. 

“You would pick that one.” Came Kris’s voice. Baekhyun was so distracted by his search that he hadn’t noticed that his owner had approached him. He still had his phone in his hand, and had probably wandered over to him with his eyes still glued on it.

“Aish, hyung. Don’t sneak up on my like that.” The beagle playfully slapped his owner on the back.

“It should be impossible to sneak up on you with those super sensitive ears of yours.” Kris joked, playing with Baekhyun’s floppy ear.

“Yah, you should be helping me.” The shorter boy pouted.

“Didn’t you already get the one you wanted?” Kris asked, eying the album Baekhyun had in his hands.

“This is mine. I wanna get one for everyone.”

“Yeesh, do you guys think I’m made of money or something?” Kris chuckled, putting his phone back in his pocket.

“These are so cheap!” Baekhyun smacked Kris with the album.

“Whatever.” Kris sighed with a smile, patting the brunet’s head. He really didn’t have an issue with the price. He’d spend anything for his precious babies. Money was no object when it came to them. “So which one’s are you getting the others?”

“Um, I’m not sure yet. Help me look around for a bit.” Without even waiting for an answer, Baekhyun moved onto the next aisle, Kris trekking right behind him. Normally such an activity would have seemed more like a chore, but Baekhyun and Kris found great joy in shopping for their dongseangs. As they searched, the song Whistle started to play over the speakers. Baekhyun, being the musical pup he was, started singing along. Kris giggled at the adorable little goofball and added his own contribution, whistling with the song.

It wasn’t long before the boys made their choices for the others. Kris pointed out a track that Chen had taken a recent liking to; a song called Monster. They thought it was hilarious how their bright, adorable little catdog loved such a dark, powerful song. He even tried dancing along with it whenever the music video played on TV, though he was often unsuccessful. Recently, he was relegated solely to singing along for the safety of Kris’s furniture.

Both men easily decided on a foreign album for Tao, knowing how much he loved listening to music from his homeland. He rarely had the opportunity to do so, outside of those pop groups that also released songs in Chinese, but those were few and far between. They agreed on a specially made album which featured several songs by a well-known Chinese rapper. Tao was quite fond of him, having heard his songs online one day and falling in love with them instantly. The album featured several songsthat they new Tao loved,  included Underground King, Hello Hello and The Road.

Chanyeol was a bit of a hard choice. The tall beagle loved so many different types of music, so it was hard to single in on one option. They thought about getting him an album named The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: Part 2. They knew he was quite a fan of the group, mainly because they had a lot of great rappers, but they weren’t too sure.

“Geez, I thought Yeollie would have been the easiest for you to buy for.” Baekhyun said.

“Hello? You’re the one who spends all day everyday with him.” Kris countered.

“You’re his boyfriend~” Baekhyun sang, causing Kris to blush like crazy.

“Yah, just look for something!”

“Hey what about this?” Baekhyun held up an album by a new group, known as EXO CBX. Chanyeol was a fan of the group, mainly because he thought all of the little guys were cute, though honestly, it was Baekhyun who seemed to be the biggest fan.

“Isn’t that that group you and Chen like?” Kris asked with raised eyebrows, seeing right into Baekhyun’s intentions.

“Yeollie likes them too.” The dog insisted. Kris decided to just let Baekhyun go with his choice, figuring he spent more time listening to music with the other dog to know what he’d prefer. If Chanyeol ended up wanting something else, he's just exchange it later.

“Alright, ready to check out.” Kris asked, pulling the short pup towards him. Baekhyun responded by nuzzling into his owner’s chin, tickling the tall man’s nose with his fur.

“We still need to get yours hyung.” The dog panted in delight, enjoying the close contact with Kris. Drool trickled down the beagle’s chin, which Kris quickly wiped away with a napkin. (When you have three beagle hybrids, you start carrying those around like it’s second instinct.)

“Mine? You were getting one for me too?”

“Of course. I wouldn’t leave you out…hyungie~” Baekhyun giggled at his use of Chanyeol’s pet name for Kris. He jokingly made kissing noises toward the older man. And of course, Kris started blushing once more. It didn’t help that the song Muah, by April started playing.

“Let’s just pick one and get going. It’s getting close to dinner time anyway.” Kris said, trying to rub the redness off of his face (which of course he couldn't). Baekhyun yipped and bounced over to another aisle.

“Oooooh, they have Lion Heart. I don’t have that one yet.”

“I thought we were buying for me.” Kris teased.

“You like SNSD, don’t you?”

“Yeah but…”

“Or what about The Boys. I don’t think I have that one either.”

“Yeah, you’re definitely buying for yourself.” Kris chuckled. He playfully bopped Baekhyun on the head. He didn’t mind what Baekhyun did either way. He was fine letting Baekhyun buy another album for himself if he really wanted to. Chances are that that dog would listen to it more than Kris would listen to whatever he bought anyway.

“Oh, hey. What about that one?” Baekhyun said suddenly, eyeing a small, Chinese album at the bottom of the shelf. He wasn’t exactly sure which artist is was, but he knew his owner was up to date with the latest music of China. Kris grabbed it and instantly recognized a lot of the songs.

Bad Girl, July, Juice. Oh yeah, these are nice.”

“Wait, it's that guy? Dude, the MVs for those songs are so weird.” Baekhyun snorted. “Let’s pick another one.”

“It’s my style, though.”

“Really, hyung?” Baekhyun asked, with a roll of his eyes.

“We’re buying for me, remember.” Kris said sassily, bopping the pup with the album cover.

“Aigoo, fine.” The beagle whined, rubbing his head. “I guess he is hot, but I still think you should have gone with The Boys.”

“We’ll buy that one another time.” Kris promised, pulling Baekhyun into a hug. He kissed the spot where he’d playfully hit the dog on the head. “C’mon, let’s get going.”

Fortunately, since Kris and Baekhyun were the only ones in the store, checking out was much quicker than it would have been anywhere else. The cashier remained quiet as she scanned each album. Baekhyun avoided eye contact with her. He’d had enough experience with cashiers and other store workers to know not to interact with them in anyway. The dog could already smell how irritated she seemed to be. Her nametag just read “Tae” and there was something about the way she was staring holes into Baekhyun’s face. It made him uncomfortable.

Kris seemed to sense how nervous Baekhyun was and pulled him into a small hug. He quickly relaxed in the comfort of his owner’s arms. The cashier told Kris the price, which turned out to be lower than Beakhyun had expected, and the tall man paid quickly. Within minutes, they were out of the store.

“You okay?”

“Yeah. That girl was creepy though.”

“Luckily she wasn’t mean to you. That’s when we would have had problems.”

“Pft. You wouldn’t hit a girl, hyung.” Baekhyun chuckled.

“Who said anything about hitting? I would destroy her in a rap battle.” Kris replied, tickling Baekhyun under his chin. The pup laughed and snuggled closer to his owner. Soon they started the journey back home, hand in hand. “Anyway, do you think the others will like their albums?”

“Of course they will!” Baekhyun barked. “After all, I picked them out.” Kris rolled his eyes at the silly pup. They remained silent for a minute before the beagle hybrid spoke up.

“I really enjoyed this time together, hyung. Thanks for taking me on this walk.” He said, quickly tiptoeing to his owner on the cheek. Kris chuckled. He was so used to being by now, he just took it all in stride, despite how icky he still found it to be.

“Well, I’m glad you had fun.” Kris kissed the top of Baekhyun’s head.

“So we’re totally coming back out tomorrow, right?”

“Eh?”

“Yeah, so we can get a The Boys album, and Lion Heart, oooh and Hoot. That one is awesome!”

“Aish, this kid.”


As you can imagine, I had a lot of fun with this one :) I do wish it was longer, but I also feel that it works well enough at this length. I also wish I could have thought of a better title :/

Thanks to everyone is who is still reading and enjoying this fic. You guys are awesome :)