Sleep Over

Three Beagles and a Kitty: Epilogues

Sorry I'm late today, but I had a lot of work today. Getting to the end of my collage quarter so I'm getting really busy. But hopefully some nice fluff will make up for the wait :3


“Would you like some more bubble tea?” Lay asked the unicorn sitting at the table next to him. The creature nodded happily, it’s rainbow colored mane flying in the wind.

“You know, you remind me a lot of my best friend.” The rabbit said, pouring the drink. The unicorn tilted its head to the side.

“Yeah. He has rainbow hair and loves bubble tea too.” Lay giggled, petting the magical horse as it lapped up the drink. But then the sound of a snort followed by a small just of wind on his neck had him shivering feverously.

“Aish. Aigoo, you know I don’t like that.” Lay whined. He pouted at the gorgeous red unicorn sitting to his right. The creature looked quite irritated for such an adorable little pony. “Oh, I’m sorry. Here’s your tea.”

The small, snarky pony huffed once more before drinking his tea as well.

“Anyone else want some?” Lay offered, raising the teapot.

“Hyung!” A loud voice sounded from the skies.

“Huh?” Lay raised his tall bunny ears to their maximum height. He turned his head in all directions trying to find the source of the noise, but found nothing. “What was that? Did you guys hear that?”

Lay’s question unfortunately fell on deaf ears, as the unicorns were too busy indulging in their tea to respond.

“Hyung, get up!”

“Sehunnie?” Lay questioned. He was sure that was his kitty’s voice.

“Yithing hyung, c’mon. I need you!"

Lay snapped awake at his kitten’s call. He lunged up, clutching one of his favorite unicorn plushies. Several others decorated his sleeping space in his little den. In front of the bunny sat a very irritated looking Ragdoll kitten with folded arms and a huge pout on his face.

“Sehun? What’s wrong?” Lay asked, alert eyes immediately drooping once he caught Sehun in his sight.

“Whath’s wrong? I can’t sthleep! And ith’s all your fault.”

“My fault?” Lay’s left rabbit ear flopped on top of his head, almost as if the ear was just as confused as he was.

“Yesth, your fault!” The kitten hissed, pulling the unicorn toy out of his older housemate’s arms. The bunny stared at the kitten for a few moments, clearly spacing out as usual, before pulling another unicorn plush into his arms. He kissed the toy gently, nuzzling into its artificial fur.

“Hyung!” Sehun said in a half whisper, seemingly trying to keep his voice down.

“Huh. Oh, hi Sehun. What are you doing awake at this hour?” Lay smiled sweetly at his young friend, but the kitten seemed ready to pull his hair out.

“Aish, why do I even bother!” Sehun whined, turning away from Lay. A childish pout decorated his face once again.

“Oh Hunnie. What’s wrong?” Lay asked, pulling his kitten into a backhug.

“I was justh trying to sthleep, and then you woke me up with all of your mumbling.” The cat huffed, slowly leaning back into the bunny’s hug. Lay’s jaw dropped upon hearing Sehun’s words.

“I woke you up? I’m so sorry, Hun.” Lay said, rubbing his face against the kitten’s. Sehun stayed put for a minute, seeming to enjoy the contact for a while, before pushing Lay away with a growl.

“You have to help me get back to sthleep now!” The kitty pouted.

“Yes~” Lay said quietly. But how would he do it? After all, Sehun wasn’t one to fall asleep so easily once he’d been woken up. Mainly because he spent so much time whining about how he’d been woken up instead of trying to get back to sleep. But still, Lay woke his kitty up, and he was going to do whatever he could to help him get back to his peaceful slumber. Then he could get back to his tea party. After the 2 minute space out, Lay spoke up. “Stay here, I’ll go get you some milk.” The bunny hybrid pressesd a quick kiss to Sehun’s rainbow hair before crawling out of his den and heading to the kitchen.

"Hmph. And you better not sthpace out while your down there!" the kitten meowed.

 

The sound of milk heating up in the microwave was the only thing keeping Lay from falling asleep. He’d been nodding off every few seconds and was desperately trying to keep himself awake. He had to stay awake for his Sehun.

I feel so guilty. I can’t believe I woke him up like that. The poor baby just wanted to get a good night’s sleep, and I ruined it with my sleep talking. Now he’s all grouchy and upset. He’s so upset that he’s lisping. Actually, that’s weird, because Sehun usually only lisps when he’s lying. I wonder why he was lisping so much up there. Hm… Must be because he’s so tired. His poor, sleepy brain can’t even remember than he shouldn’t be lisping right now. Poor kitty.

Lay finished his internal monologue at the sound of the microwave beeping. He quickly opened it so the noise wouldn’t wake Suho. Unfortunately the glass was very warm to the touch, causing the bunny to burn his sensitive hands.

“Owie.” Lay his sore fingers and grabbed an oven mit with his free hand. “I better get this to Sehun quick.” Lay hastily headed back upstairs, trying to move as quickly, yet quietly as possible. He blew the milk every few seconds, knowing Sehun wouldn't want it if it was too hot. And any extra complaining would only keep the kitty awake longer.

Lay returned to his room and crawled back into his den, surprised to see Sehun rubbing his scent all over his unicorn plushies.

“Hunnie?” Lay asked, head tilted and ears raised to their peak. The Ragdoll shot up upon hearing his housemate’s voice.

“Yah, what took you stho long.” The kitten asked, hands placed firmly on his hips. “You sthpaced out again didn’t you?” Sehun pointed an accusing finger at the older male. Lay hung his head sadly, ears flopping back down.

“Yes.”

“Hmph. It’ll be like thix in the morning, before I get back to slthleep.”

“Sorry. Here’s your milk.” Lay said, holding out the glass to the boy.

“Aigoo, you should feed it to me. Iths only fair thince you woke me up.” The cat hissed quietly. Lay nodded, utterly confused by the kitten’s request, as Sehun hated when Lay fed him. Normally he’d turn away and whine if the rabbit so much as tried to blow his food for him. But his lisp seemed to be getting stronger, meaning he must have been really sleepy. He needed the milk urgently. No time to question anything.

“Okay. Come here.” Lay said, patting his lap. Sehun snuggled up to the lagamorph without question and opened his mouth for the milk. Lay blew the drink softly before lifting the glass to his friend’s lips. Strangely, instead of just sipping the milk normally, Sehun began lapping it up with his tongue. It was cat-like for sure, but an action that Sehun never really did. It was only if he was savoring something that he really enjoyed, like bubble tea, that he’d do such a thing. But normally he didn’t like to prolong his meals.

Lay didn’t mention anything about it, figuring that Sehun’s brain was simply too tired to remember that the kitten typically didn’t eat so slowly.

“Feel sleepy yet?” Lay asked, a gentle smile on his face. Sehun paused his drinking for a second, seemingly thing of a response, before pushing the glass away.

“Yah, how am I thupposed to be tired with you hovering over me?” The kitten asked, letting out a small yawn. “This milk isn’t working. You need to do thomething else.” Sehun pouted.

“But milk always puts you to sleep.”

“Well, iths not right now.” The kitten huffed.

“Okay, Hunnie.” Lay sighed, finishing the milk himself. “What would you like now?”

“You’re sthupoosthed to figure that out yourthelf.”

“Me? Oh, well…um, how about a massage?”

“A massage? How is rubbing on me going to help me get to sthleep?”

“It’ll relax you. C’mon, lay down next to Mr. Unicorn.” Lay patted the space next to him where a large purple unicorn toy sat contently.

“I thought that green one’s name was Mr. Unicorn.” Sehun mumbled, laying down next to the older hybrid and his toy. Lay had so many unicorn plushies that Sehun couldn’t even understand how Lay even remembered them all. H e was already confused by the fact that a 23 year old man bunny named his toys.

“No, that’s unicorn hyung. He’s the only one who's older than me.” Lay hummed with a dreamy look on his face. Sehun just rolled his eyes, trying not to think about the fact that Lay also gave his toys ages.

“Can we get this over with already?” Lay nodded and slowly began massaging the kitten. He started by gently caressing the boys fluffy white ears. The rabbit’s dainty hands made Sehun go numb at the simplest touch, fully embracing his Ragdoll nature. Lay then moved onto his cheeks, moving his hands in slow circular motions. The kitten’s eyes fluttered ever so gently, and Lay pressed a soft kiss on each of them.

“I’m sorry for waking you up, Hunnie.” Lay said, moving to Sehun’s fluffy tail, gently smoothing out the furs.

“Mrrow…”

“You’ll be asleep soon.”

“Sthleep sthoon?” the kitten yawned. His eyes were nearly closed.

“And then you’ll finally stop lisping.” Lay hummed.

“Lisssssspppiiiiiing….?” Sehun slurred, half asleep.

“And then I can go back to my tea party.” The bunny said happily.

“Huh, what?” All of a sudden, Sehun pushed his hyung’s hands away and sat up quickly. “Hey!”

“Hm? What’s wrong?”

“This isn’t working either!” The cat hissed. And Lay’s ears flopped in confusion once more.

“But, but…you were almost asleep.”

“No! This ithn’t good enough!” Sehun pouted once more. “We need to try thomething else.”

“But Sehun, it’s already been almost 30 minutes.” Lay said softly.

“And I’m thill not tired.”

“Oh. Hm.”

Why isn’t anything working? Sehun never takes this long to fall asleep. And he’s still lisping. His brain is still tired even after that massage. Poor kitty. I need to do something. Maybe Suho hyung will have an idea! Oh…no, he’s sleeping. I shouldn’t wake him up just to help Sehun fall asleep. Then he might have trouble getting back to sleep. Plus, I shouldn’t make hyung fix my problems. But what should I do? Milk didn’t work. A massage didn’t work. What will put my Sehunnie to sleep?

“Hyung!”

Sehun’s loud hiss snapped Lay out of his trance. His long ears flew everywhere as the man shook himself into alertness.

“Sorry.” He said sadly.

“I’m sthill not sthleepy.”

“You’re still lisping, too.”

“Forget about that! I need my beauty resth, now!” Sehun folded his arms in frustration. “So what do you plan to do now?

“Hm? How about a song?”

“Huh, a thong?”

“Yeah, a song. A little lullaby.” Lay smiled fondly at the boy. Sehun always found comfort in the older man’s singing, even if he’d never actually admit to it. He'd fall into a blissful state, totally undisturbed by anything else around him and just let himself be taken away by Lay's voice.

“Hmph. I don’t think it’ll work, but whatever. Go ahead.”

And so, Sehun curled up in Lay’s lap, his tail wrapped around his waist. And Lay began softly petting the boy’s hair. He caressed his ears and gently massaged his scalp. The rabbit lowered his head to the kitten’s fuzzy ears. From the close distance, Lay could just make out the quiet purring from the younger. He gave the boy a quick face nuzzle before he let the music flow from his mouth.

It was a Manarin song that always put Sehun to sleep. Even in the middle of the day it succeeded in bringing the boy into a peaceful slumber. Though the kitten couldn’t really understand what the song was about, he found the harmony to by quite calming and enjoyable. The melodious tune sailed through the kitten’s ears, serenading him into a trace. He nodded his head every so often, almost as if he were trying to fight off the sleepiness. A few harmonious notes and a couple of yawns later, however, and the Ragdoll was no longer able to resist the lullaby and fell peacefully asleep. Lay pressed a soft kiss to the younger hybrid’s temple, before tucking him in.

“Goodnight my little angel.” Was the last thing Lay said before he joined him in slumber; surrounded by his sea of stuffed unicorns.

 

Lay woke up to the sound of water running downstairs. The bunny slowly sat up, cutely rubbing at his half lidded eyes. He was still a bit tired from having to help Sehun get to sleep throughout the night, but it was well worth it to spend more time with his kitty. Lay looked at the hybrid beside him, still out like a light, hugging his tail to his chest.

Lay couldn’t help but take some time to gaze at the younger, yet taller boy. He was so peaceful when he slept, and it was one of the few times were Lay was able to indulge in his beauty without the other hissing at him. The lagomorph gently stoked the baby’s hair, cooing at him in a soft whisper. Thanks to his large ears, he was just able to make out a few quiet purrs.

After about 5 minutes, Lay decided to let Sehun finish his well needed sleep by himself. The older male grabbed Unicorn hyung, crawled out of the cushion den, and bounded downstairs to greet his owner.

“Good morning, Myeon hyung.” Lay chirped, upon arriving into the kitchen. Suho greeted him with a warm smile and engulfed him into a long, warm hug.

“Good morning Yixing.” Suho gave the bunny a loving kiss on each cheek, directly on top of his adorable dimples. “Is Sehun still asleep?”

“Yeah. He’ll probably be out for a while. He had a rough night.” Lay said, taking a seat at the table.

“What do you mean?” Suho asked, returning to the stove to continue cooking.

“I accidently woke him up last night, so I had to help him get back to sleep. It took about an hour or so.” The bunny explained, petting his unicorn toy as his spoke.

“Ugh, I know he must not have been happy about that.” Suho chuckled, knowing how much the kitten hated to be woken up from any slumber. “I’m surprised he asked you for help, though. I thought he’d just sit in his room and go back to sleep on his own.”

“It’s probably because it was my fault that he woke up in the first place. He probably wouldn’t have come to me otherwise.” The bunny had a sad smile on his face. “I would have been happy to help out either way though. Any time we spend together is nice for me.” Suho smiled at his elder hybrid’s words. He loved how much of a caring older brother Lay was to Sehun.

“I know. You’re so sweet to him.” Suho hummed. And Lay smiled at his owner’s compliment. “How did you wake him up though?”

“Oh, he said I was sleep talking a lot, and I guess I was so loud that I woke him up.” Lay mumbled, a bright red blush forming on his face. At that, Suho suddenly stopped cooking and turned to the rabbit in confusion.

“Wait, Sehun said your sleep talking woke him up?” Suho asked, an incredulous look on his face.

“Yeah.”

“Lay, Sehun is the heaviest sleeper in this house. Don’t you remember when he slept through that massive rain storm last week? Even that mega loud thunder didn’t wake him up.”

At that moment, Lay’s jaw slowly dropped. He was dumbfounded. He’d completely forgotten about that event and what a sound sleeper Sehun was throughout the entire thing. In fact, now that he thought about it, Sehun really did tend to be oblivious to most loud noise when he was asleep.

“There’s no way Sehun could have even heard you sleep talking within your cushion den. No sound could make its way out of there and into Sehun’s room.” Suho continued.

“But…but then how did he? Why did he?” Lay asked, head tilted and left ear shaped like a question mark. Suho quietly chuckled as the gears turned in his hair.

“Hee hee hee. Methinks our kitty friend just happened to wake up in the middle of the night and wanted his favorite hyung to help him get back to sleep.”

“Really?” Lay asked. Thinking about it, Suho’s theory sort of made sense. That would explain why Sehun was lisping so much. Because he really was lying about Lay being the cause of his insomnia. And that could have been why he kept rejecting Lay’s methods to put him back to sleep. Maybe…maybe the kitten just wanted to spend more time with his bunny hyung. And have the older hybrid take care of him.

“I think that may very well have been what happened.” Suho said with a chuckle. And Lay could do nothing to fight the smile that was tugging at his lips. His bright dimples sparkling on his face. The rabbit left his unicorn toy on the counter as he dashed back up the stairs.

Sehun was still snuggled up in the pool of unicorn plushies, a blue one tightly squeezed in his grasp. Lay petted the boy’s head once more and leaned down to his ear.

“I’m glad you wanted to have a slumber party with me last night Hunnie. It was really fun and I enjoyed it. But for next time, you can just ask me. Okay?” The rabbit whispered. And Lay could swear that he heard the softest mew and saw the most minimal of head nods coming from Sehun. He smiled sweetly, pressing a chaste kiss to the boy’s lips before dashing down to the kitchen once more.


Ugh, I can't beilive I forgot about Sehun's lisp before now. I could have used it soooooo much, but oh well. Anyway, I think this is my new favorite chapter. I just love fluffy Lay and Sehundere so much. And I guess it fits that I'm uploading this at night (at least night for me).

Anyway thanks to everyone for reading :) Also, check out my babies GFriend's lastest MV Fingertip. It's amazing and you won't be dissapointed :)