Perfect

Three Beagles and a Kitty: Epilogues

Amazing how it's taken this long for me to do a chapter of my ultimate otp :p Hope you all enjoy.


Luhan sighed contently for probably the 6th time as he stared at his wonderful owner. It had become a habit of the deer hybrid to stare at his owner as he slept while waiting for him to awaken. Some might find it creepy, but Luhan regarded it as admiration. He adored the cute, older man and was perfectly content to lie in bed, drinking up his owner’s face for hours on a daily basis. Luhan hated to wake the man from his peaceful slumber, but he often couldn’t contain himself. He simply couldn’t resist peppering kisses across the sleeping man’s face. On his soft, fluffy cheeks and beautiful eyes. Depending on how the human was sleeping, Luhan would kiss him all the way down his neck. It was almost like an addiction. Even when the man woke up with a dried drool stained face, a very frequent event, Luhan still found it adorable and it didn’t stop him from peppering kisses all over him.

It was also common for the deer to give his owner loving head nuzzles as a substitute for kisses. It was somewhat hard, considering the small antlers that stood on Luhan’s head, but he’d developed a way to easily rub his scent all over Xiumin’s face without waking or harming him. Sometimes it was uncomfortable for the hybrid himself, but he’d make that sacrifice for his baozi. But if he wasn’t in the mood for head rubs or normal kisses, Luhan was also fine with simply giving his owner deer kisses, aka Xiumin with his huge sticky, deer tongue. At first, Xiumin found it to be the grossest thing ever. Being a neat freak, he nearly wanted to vomit at being covered in deer saliva upon waking up, but eventually just got used to it. Which of course only prompted Luhan to do it even more.

The deer wished he didn’t have to wake his owner up, but alas, that was life. Being a hybrid, Luhan had the freedom to just lie around all day if he wanted, but Xiumin had no such luxuries. He had a job and had to provide for the both for them which meant, lazy relaxing with Luhan in bed was very infrequent. And usually it just consisted of Luhan pressing kisses all over his hyung’s face. Though Luhan loved his beauty sleep, he tried to wake up at least an hour or so before his owner so he could just admire him for a while. Kiss his wonderful face and sing him songs, even though the man rarely reacted in his sleep. Being able to watch his owner’s peaceful face every morning was worth losing a few winks of sleep.

But the day had to start eventually. And thus, Luhan reluctantly decided to finally wake Xiumin. He pressed a gentle kiss to the older man’s cheek, loving the way his eyes peacefully blinked open.

Xiumin’s eyes were certainly special. He had single eyelids, a very uncommon trait. Oftentimes the small male felt a bit self-conscious about this difference between him and his friends and didn’t like whenever it was pointed out, but Luhan loved the feature. His owner’s eyes were so breathtaking and enchanting and his single eyelids only aided in bringing out those wonderful beauties.

Xiumin yawned and stretched his arms from under the blanket. He reached out a hand to pet his deer hybrid on the head. Though his eyes weren’t fully opened, he knew the hybrid was lying next to him on the bed. He’d become used to the younger lad being there when he woke up, and now couldn’t imagine a morning without him, not that there’d ever be a slight chance of Luhan not being there.

“Morning Lulu.” The man cooed, rubbing the boy’s antlers. His sleep laced voice was deep and rough, which pretty typical in the morning, yet Luhan found it just as y

“Good morning.” The boy whispered, pressing a kiss to his owner’s other hand. “What would you like for breakfast?”

“Anything is fine, Lu. I’ll be down to make the coffee after I wash up.”

“Don’t worry about it.” The deer replied, pushing himself off the bed. He pulled the blanket off of his owner’s body and gave him a hug. Xiumin responded with a soft chuckle. It amazed him how cuddly his hybrid was with him, even early in the morning. He was also surprised by the way Luhan always insisted upon doing everything for him.

“Okay Lu-ge. Now let me go shower.” Luhan nodded and pressed a final kiss to his owner’s temple before heading into the kitchen. Xiumin laughed to himself as the deer exited the room. He pulled his wolf adorned blanket, a present from Kris, properly over the sheets and made his way into the bathroom.

Being given the opportunity to share life with Xiumin was definitely the best gift Luhan had ever received. The deer hybrid had been stuck at a pet shop as a “rare and excusive” , aka expensive, hybrid for a few years before Xiumin had purchased him. The short blond man saw the deer sitting in a small cramped cage and knew he had to get him out. Money was no object at that moment; that poor creature deserved better. Despite his rarity, most humans tended to quickly pass Luhan up due to the fact that he was much older than the other hybrids that were being offered. Xiumin simply considered it luck to not only find a rare hybrid at a basic pat shop, but also on that was actually the same age as him, but Luhan dubbed it fate. And perhaps it was a combination of all of those factors that made Luhan instantly fall in love with Xiumin.

The deer hybrid adored the man at first sight. When he first looked at him through the bars of his cage, he knew he wanted to see that face every day from then on. It was odd. Luhan was a gorgeous hybrid compared to most, yet Xiumin was a rather plain human. He looked much younger than he really was and didn’t have any other real defining features. But to Luhan, everything about Xiumin was beautiful. His stunning eyes were like hypnotic orbs that Luhan attention’s to the point that he’d unintentionally stare at him, unblinking. His soft, thick, pink lips, which looked amazing when glossed, drew Luhan’s gaze with no effort. Every time the man opened his mouth, the deer’s eyes would be on his lips. And his cheeks. Those adorable, plush cheeks that his Xiumin loved to puff out and make adorable faces. If Luhan could kiss them all day, he would with no question.

And after the purchase was finalized, Luhan’s mission in life became to spend every waking moment with his new owner. Everywhere Xiumin went, Luhan was right behind him. Whatever Xiumin did, Luhan watched him. Anything Xiumin needed, Luhan got it for him. And heck, Luhan even did things for his owner that the man never asked for. He cooked for him, cleaned for him, fed him, bathed him, sang him to sleep, tried as hard as possible to help him with work…the deer and his owner were nearly inseparable.

Downstairs, Luhan had already started on a hearty breakfast. Despite Xiumin’s short stature and thin waist, he actually ate a lot on a daily basis. Food was one of his weaknesses, so much so that it wasn’t rare for the man to snack several times throughout the day. Frequent exercise helped keep him healthy, though Luhan still often made large meals for him. He’d already laid out some French toast, chocolate chip pancakes, eggs, and rice and was about to start on some bacon. At that moment, Xiumin entered the kitchen.

“Why do you always make so much?” Xiumin whined. It was that adorable, childish whine that didn’t really match someone of his age, yet seemed fitting due to his facial features.

“There’s two of us, aren’t there?” the deer responded, flipping the bacon.

“But you don’t eat the meat.” Xiumin countered, going for his coffee mug. “Speaking of, where’s the fruit anyway?”

“Didn’t take it out yet.” Luhan responded. “It should stay cold until I finish cooking.” Xiumin rolled his eyes. Though Luhan’s statement was true, Xiumin knew that the pink haired deer probably wasn’t planning on eating anytime soon. He always insisted on feeding Xiumin his breakfast and never took the time to feed himself until his owner was nearly done. As such, Xiumin tended to simply feed his deer, while the younger fed him.

“I’ll grab them.” The boy was about to get the coffee started before he noticed the steaming coffee pitcher that was already sitting on the table. “I told you I’d handle the coffee, Lu.” The blond man chuckled, back hugging Luhan.

“And I told you not to worry about it.” The hybrid replied with a quick peck to his owner’s cheek. Luhan turned off the stove and set the bacon on a plate, finishing his cooking. Xiumin grabbed a bowl of mixed fruit from the fridge. He prepared one every night for Luhan to eat in the morning. Luhan was about to sit down before he spotted a flower sitting on the counter. It was a pink rose that Luhan had picked from their next door neighbor’s house. Being a deer, Luhan loved flowers and nature, and it wasn’t rare for him to bring home many flowers after a trip outside. He gifted each and every one to his dear owner, always saying that they were as beautiful as him and therefore he had to have it. Xiumin always smiled and accepted them, even though he had well over 60 by now. He simply couldn’t deny a present from Luhan.

“Alright Lulu, ready to…” Xiumin’s words were cut off by Luhan suddenly spinning him around and fiddling with his hair. “Lu-ge…what are you doing?” there was that whiny voice again. Luhan smiled as he finished his handiwork and stepped back. His owner reached up, gently poking at the object on his head, trying to figure out what his pet had done.

“Aigooo…what’s this?” the man asked, an adorable confused expression plastered on his face.

“You look cute, Baozi.” The deer chuckled. A quick glance in a mirror revealed that Luhan had nestled the flower in Xiumin’s hair, almost resembling a hair accessory.

“Why’d you put this here?”

“Because it makes you look cuter.” Luhan replied, kissing his owner on the lips.

“Aish, you’re so weird.” Xiumin laughed. It wasn’t weird for Luhan to do stuff like this. Sometimes Xiumin felt like he was Luhan’s pet, constantly having accessories and outfits put on him against his will. Luhan even put his own tan collar around his owner’s neck occasionally. Xiumin just shook his head and accepted his hybrid’s strange quirks. He was too hungry to think about it at the moment, anyway.

And so, the two had breakfast as usual. Luhan slowly forked Xiumin his eggs and rice, relishing in the sight of the man’s adorable full cheeks as he chewed his food. He’d then butter his toast and feed that to him as well. Then Xiumin would make a move to pour himself some coffee, which Luhan would of course take and pour for him. While drinking his coffee, one of the few things Luhan allowed his hyung to do for himself, the deer would offer him the nice crisp bacon. All throughout this process, Xiumin would be feeding the deer a random assortment of fruit consisting of strawberries, apple slices, and grapes. Their meals were often quiet, Luhan focusing on feeding and observing his owner and Xiumin focusing on eating and making sure that Luhan ate. It was a comfortable silence that both men enjoyed.

After breakfast, Luhan gathered and washed the dishes while Xiumin headed to his computer for work. The man originally worked in an office aiding in architecture development, but decided start working from home after buying Luhan. From his house, is position changed in that he was only able to focus on the more mathematical aspects, but he didn’t mind. He was grateful that his company allowed him to continue working for them and being able stay with Luhan all day was a great bonus.

Upon finishing the dishes, Luhan joined his owner in the den where he’d already started typing some documents. He’d also placed a backwards baseball cap on his head, a nice freedom also available due to working from home. He made sure to not harm the flower of course; he could never be so careless about something from his precious pet. Luhan adored having his owner to himself all day. Sometimes he’d be able to lay in Xiumin’s lap as he typed and talked to his co-workers online. Other times Xiumin would sit in his lap and work while the deer gave him loving kisses, of the normal and hybrid variety, as he completed his tasks. But then there would be those days were Xiumin had so much work and was surrounded by too many papers, so Luhan would have to keep his distance. Today was one of those days.

“Sorry Lu-ge. Lots of important stuff for today.” The man said sadly, knowing that his hybrid would have wanted to be closer to him.

“It’s okay, hyung.” Luhan said, taking a seat on the floor. “I’m fine right here.” Xiumin patted the boy’s head before turning back to his computer.

Luhan placed his head in his hands as he gazed at his owner. Honestly, sometimes Luhan thought that these kinds of days were better than days he could sit with Xiumin in his chair. The deer would stare at the short man from on the floor, carefully observing every move the he would make. At this point, the hybrid had nearly memorized all of Xiumin’s work behaviors, as he so called them. Such as how the man would often talk to himself when reading a message from his email. He’d also speak his responses out loud as he typed, making it seem like he was having a conversation with himself. It was especially funny when the man made several errors while trying to compose a message, and would thus scold himself.

Yah, Minseokkie! What are you doing? Can’t you even type?”

“Aish, how did I write that? Minseok what’s wrong with you? Are you feeling okay? Maybe you need a break. Yeah, I think so too.”

Luhan would have to bite his tongue to remain quiet, or even leave the room to laugh at his silly owner. Another frequent habit was how he’d puff out his cheeks and nod his head from side to side as he watched growing percent bars on the screen. But Luhan’s favorite were the cute, confused gestures and sounds he’d often make when he was reading something with a lot of numbers on it.

The deer hybrid loved watching Xiumin more than he enjoyed watching dramas with Kai and Lay.

Hee hee, he’s confused.” Luhan thought to himself. His owner was currently frowning at the screen, a quizzical expression painted on his face. To Luhan, it was one of the most adorable sights in the world. His owner’s single eyelids brought out his beautiful eyes and made his expressions super cute. It seemed that Xiumin was having a particularly taxing time based on the way he kept mumbling to himself; something that was also pretty darn cute.

“Okay…wait…what…” the blond whispered. A smile stretched across Luhan’s face.

“What? What does this even mean?” the man whined. Luhan struggled to stifle a chuckle.

“Oh come on? Why?” Xiumin moaned with a pout on his face. His deer hybrid cooed silently.

“Aigooo, what is this?” the human seemed nearly exasperated. Luhan thought it was hilarious how the blond man was reacting so much, and so adorably to a computer.

“My Baozi hyung. He’s the best.” Luhan sighed to himself. Though he was enjoying the show from his owner, he knew that the man was getting agitated, and the deer disliked seeing the man upset. He knew that a snack and some coffee would brighten up his mood so he headed to the kitchen to grab some refreshments for his cutie pie owner.

Luhan couldn’t help, but smile as he pranced around the kitchen, preparing Xiumin’s snack. He heated up some nice steamed buns along with a side of rice. The deer hybrid playfully poked at the round, delicious delicacies.

“Just as cute as his real cheeks.” He giggled to himself. He poured another cup of coffee into his owner’s favorite duck-themed mug. Luhan gathered all of the snacks and put them on a tray which he slowly carried back into the living room.

At the computer table, Xiumin still seemed annoyed with whatever he was doing. The man was still mumbling to himself and whining. Luhan had to bite his tongue to prevent himself from squealing at the cuteness.

“Wae, why is this so confusing?” Xiumin pouted. He was so focused on the monitor in front of him that he didn’t hear the sounds of his hybrid approaching. And thus the man was surprised to have a steam bun pressed against his lips.

“Aish, Lulu. You know I hate when you sneak up on me.” His was scolding the boy, but the pout still painted on his face made it impossible for Luhan to take him seriously.

“Sorry Min.” Luhan chuckled. “I thought you might want a snack. You seemed…stressed.” The deer held the steamed bun to Xiumin’s lips once again. The blond man took a large bit out of it, giving his pet a small smile.

“Thanks, Lu.” Xiumin replied. Luhan smiled. It was that beautiful, feminine smile that illuminated the deer’s entire face and made him look extremely adorable.

Xiumin patted his lap; an invitation for the deer to sit down.

“Are you sure?” Luhan asked, tentatively. “I don’t want to mess up your stuff.”

“It’s fine.” Xiumin said, sliding his work materials aside. Luhan smiled once again and set the tray of food on the table. He gently pulled at his owner’s arm and Xiumin already knew what he wanted. The shorter man stood up and let Luhan sit in the chair. He then sat on the deer’s own lap and found himself instantly cradled by the younger male.

Despite the fact that Luhan was the pet, he preferred to hold Xiumin in his lap or between his legs, rather than the other way around. His owner’s short height probably had some influence to this habit, but the older man didn’t mind regardless. He actually found it adorable that Luhan loved to pamper him so much. The deer grabbed another meat bun and held it to Xiumin’s lips. The human took it and chewed it slowly. Almost tantalizingly. Luhan couldn’t resist reaching out a hand and poking the short man’s cheek.

“Heh, Baozi’s the cutest when eating baozi.” The deer chuckled. He pressed his nose to Xiumin’s puffy cheeks and nuzzled him gently.

“I think you’re the only guy I know that finds cheeks cute.” His owner replied, reaching for the mug of coffee. Luhan of course grabbed it before him and held it to Xiumin’s lips to drink from.

“You’re the only guy I know who has cute cheeks.” Luhan responded.

“What about Lay?” Xiumin asked with a smirk.

“C’mon, dimples are obviously cute. That doesn’t count. I’m just talking about natural cheeks.” Luhan whined in response, offering up yet another meat bun. Xiumin laughed at Luhan’s pouty face. His adorable, little teeth in full view.

Man Luhan loved those teeth. They were very tiny, almost like baby teeth. Quite unfitting for someone so old and mature. Yet at the same time, they fit perfectly with the man crooked, goofy smile. Xiumin wasn’t much of a smiler, so Luhan always cherished the moments when his owner would get extremely excited or laugh at something so that he could see those wonderfully adorable teeth. One of the reason’s he enjoyed feeding him so much, was because he could get a quick glance at those beauties if only for just a few seconds.

Xiumin’s eyes, his cheeks, his teeth, his face. What did Luhan do to deserve an owner who was so perfect? Everything about him was so beautiful. Sometimes the deer felt like he was living in a dream. A dream where he was showered with adorableness and perfection so much that he never wanted to be woken up.

“Thanks for the treats, Lu. I needed that.” Xiumin said, giving the deer a quick peck on the lips.

“What are you working on, Min?” the deer asked, resting his head on the other’s shoulder.

“Ugh… lots of math.” The man sighed, taking another bite out of some baozi. “I’ve been staring at nothing but numbers all morning.” He said with a pout. Luhan gently the man’s hair as he spoke. He had a habit of grooming Xiumin as if his owner were a young hybrid. Xiumin thought it was weird at first, but now simply allowed Luhan to do whatever he pleased.

“You should take a break.” Luhan said, trying not to outwardly coo at his hyung’s adorable pouty face. He kissed the blond man’s round cheeks.

“I can’t Lu-ge. I have to finish this by tomorrow.” Xiumin replied, fighting the deep blush that was creeping up on his face.

“You can take a little nap.” Luhan said, kissing the man in between words.

“Hannie…” Xiumin whined, gently punching Luhan. And the deer had to cover his mouth to avoid squealing.

“C’mon, just a few minutes.” Luhan asked, blinking with large beautiful eyes. His triangular ears twitched slowly. Xiumin sighed with a smile. He knew there was no way out of this. He was also certain that it would not just be for a few minutes.

“Ok. I’ll take a little break.” The man said, kissing Luhan’s bright pink hair. Without another word, Luhan hoisted Xiumin up, bridal style, and carried him to the couch. The deer set his owner down, gently as ever and quickly joined him. Luhan snuggled up to Xiumin instantly and began nuzzling his face. Xiumin started to run his fingers through Luhan’s hair, but the deer gently pushed his owner’s hand away and reversed their roles. He slid his hand under Xiumin's hat and  his blond locks, careful not to accidently damage the flower still perched in his hair, and began quietly singing to him. The short man’s eyes began fluttering closed ever so slightly at the sound of Luhan’s syrupy sweet voice, and within minutes, he was peacefully asleep. And once again, Luhan was back to staring at the man’s sleeping form; soaking in his entire fragrant aura.

So beautiful. Such a beautiful, wonderful man Luhan was blessed to have as his owner. His round, chubby cheeks. His sparkling, enchanting eyes. His precious, pink lips. His gorgeous, golden hair. Luhan couldn’t have asked for anything better. Everything about the man was perfect.


Sorry this is a bit late, but like I said, I've been really busy lately. But I'm still going to try to update this weekly. Also sorry for the shortness of this chapter. It was just meant to be some nice fluff without plot after all of the sad, angsty chapters recently.

I hope everyone enjoyed :)