Who's My Kitty

Three Beagles and a Kitty: Epilogues

Ever since I introduced Lay and Sehun, I wanted to do an epilouge for them. I hope everyone enjoys :3


“Who’s my kitty?”

“Aish, hyung. You’re messing up my face.” An aggravated growl responded.

“Who’s my kitty?” The boy asked, as he smeared more lipstick on the cat hybrid’s lips.

“I am, yeesh!” a hiss.

“And you’re?”

“Sehun. Sehun is your kitty. Now can we go eat?” the cat demanded.

“Ok, let’s get you cleaned up first.” Lay scooped up the taller hybrid in his arms and headed to the bathroom.

“Why are you so weird?” the Ragdoll kitten asked as he was set down on the bathroom sink, like a child.

“My Sehunnie is so pretty.” Lay said, gently wiping a towel across Sehun’s red stained mouth.

“No I’m not.” Sehun grumbled.

“The prettiest kitten of them all.” The bunny continued, washing away the mascara and blush. Sehun sighed. He had no idea why the older hybrid insisted on doing things like this. Dressing him up and putting make up on him like he was a doll, rather than a pet. It was ridiculous. Sehun wished he could tell the other boy off, but it was no use. He was 19 years old to his hyung’s 23. Suho would kill him if he was disrespectful to the rabbit. Not that it probably would have mattered. No matter how much Sehun whined, his complaints always fell on long, fuzzy deaf ears. Lay would do whatever he wanted with the rainbow furred kitten, and seemed oblivious to the younger boy’s annoyance. Sometimes Sehun wished Lay would bother Suho or just hang around by himself for a change.

“Aren’t you done yet?” A slouched Sehun hissed sassily. A sharp pinch on his arm jolted him upward. Lay was frowning at him. It was rare, but Lay would get upset with the younger hybrid if he felt he was acting bratty and would be quick to scold him.

“What was that?” the blue haired bunny questioned.

“Are you done, hyung?” the boy grumbled.

“Yes.”

“Can we go get breakfast now, please?”

“Yes we can.” Lay set the dirty towel in a basket to be washed before hoisting Sehun on his hip. This was something else the cat boy hated. Being carried around like a baby. Why did Lay insist on carrying him around so much? He was pretty much an adult for Pete’s sake! Well, it probably didn’t help that Sehun often asked for it. He was pretty lazy, like most cats, and quite often asked his hyung to carry him places if he didn’t feel like moving himself.

“Nyaaaa, what’s for breakfast?” Sehun mumbled. His pouting face was resting on the bunny’s head.

“Whatever you want~” Lay hummed.

“Suho hyung probably already cooked something.”

“Lay, Sehun, c’mon!” Came their owner’s voice. The bunny moved as fast as he could with the cat hybrid on his hip down the stairs to where Suho was.

“What is it?” Lay asked.

“Put on your shoes, we’re going to Kris’s house.” Suho said quickly.

“Whhhhhhhyyyyyyyy…I’m hungry….” Sehun whined.

“Chanyeol is sick and Kris doesn’t want the others to get sick, so they’re going to stay here for a while.”

“Wae?! How long is that?” The cat received a hard smack on the arm from the rabbit and a glare from his owner.

“As long as it takes, now go get ready.” The man said firmly.

“Yes, hyung.” The kitten moped.

“We’ll go get ready, hyung.” Lay said, bright and alert. Without another word he went to his room and sat Sehun on the bed. He grabbed a pair of the kitten’s shoes and quickly put the on his feet, tying them in a matter of seconds.

Why couldn’t I put my own shoes on? Why does he think I’m three years old?

The rabbit put on his own shoes just as fast and Sehun was back on his hip instantly. Suho was ready and waiting downstairs.

“The van is unlocked. Just hop on in and we’ll be on the way.” The man said, grabbing his keys.

“Sure thing.” Lay said, saluting his owner. He took Sehun to the van and sat him down by the window in the back seat.

“I want to sit in the front.” The Ragdoll meowed.

“You know that’s dangerous. Besides, hybrids aren’t supposed to sit in the front seat.” Lay said.

“We’re only going to be out for like 10 minutes. No one will see.” The cat pouted.

“We wouldn’t want to risk you getting hurt anyway.” Lay said, pinching the boy’s cheeks. And boy does Sehun wish he could swat the rabbit’s hand away. But at that moment, Suho entered the van.

“Alright, let’s go.”

 

The car ride was nothing special. Just Lay mindlessly patting Sehun’s hair as if he was in a trance. He probably spaced out again.

What did I do to get stuck with such a weird housemate? Why does he pester me so much? I wish I could have a day to myself for once.

“This is going to be nice. You guys get a whole day to play with three of your best friends. Won’t it be nice?” Suho said happily.

“Yeah, more hybrids for Lay to play dress up with.” Sehun mumbled.

Wait, that was it! With Chen, Baekhyun, and Tao in the house, Lay would finally have other hybrids to take his attention away from Sehun.

I could have a day to myself. Finally!

Sehun was so happy with his thoughts, that he hadn’t noticed that they’d arrived to the house. Baekhyun, Chen, and Tao were bounding towards them.

“Aw man, here it comes.” The kitty whined. And just like that, he became slobber fodder for Chen and Baekhyun.

“Sehunnie!” Chen barked as he the boy’s cheeks.

“This is going to be so much fun, Hun!” Bakehyun laughed.

“Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Kris hyung! I hope Yeollie gets well soon!” Lay shouted out the window.

“Don’t worry about anything Kris!” Suho yelled. “We’ll all be fine!” 

Yeah, I’ll be fine. With Lay out of my hair for a day, I’ll be more than fine.

 

Suho decided to pick up some breakfast sandwiches from a fast food restaurant before returning home, knowing that all of the boys were probably hungry and not wanting them to wait for him to cook anything. Once they entered the house, Kris’s crew set their belongings down in the living room before they all headed to the kitchen.

“You guys eat up. I’ve got some stuff to take care of, so I’ll be in my office. Keep the noise level down, okay?” Suho said.

“Yes, hyung.” They all replied in unison. The human male smiled as he took his sandwich and headed to the back where his office was located.

“What should we do first?” Chen asked with his cheeks full of food.

“Finish eating first.” Baekhyun said, his mouth equally full.

“My sandwich is too hot.” Tao whined.

“No it’s not.” Sehun deadpanned.

“Yes it is!”

“They were all the same temperature and none of ours were too hot.” The cat retorted.

“Mine is hotter.” The Li Hua Mao continued to whine.

“Just give it to me.” Baekhyun said. Tao handed the brunet the sandwich, who proceeded to blow on it.

“Ew.” Sehun wrinkled his nose is disgust.

“Now eat it.” Baekhyun said, shoving the sandwich back at the ebony kitten. The boy tentatively placed his teeth on the bread before pulling back.

“It’s still hot.”

“Ugggghhhhhh......” Baekhyun and Sehun groaned.

“Why don’t you take mine Taozi? It’s not hot.” Lay said. He scooted his chair closer to Tao and held the sandwich to the cat. Tao’s kittenish lips curved into a smile as he happily bit into it.

“Thank you hyung.” Tao mewled. Chen took Tao’s sandwich and pulled the bacon out of it before holding it up to Lay’s lips.

“His sandwich was fine.” Sehun muttered.

“Better to be safe than sorry.” The bunny said after swallowing his first bite.

“You shouldn’t do that, hyung. He’s already too spoiled.” Beakhyun teased.

“I don’t mind.” Lay said, patting Tao’s back as he continued to feed him. The black haired cat blushed and purred quietly.

“Thank you, hyung.”

“Guess Tao will be his plaything for today. As long as it’s not me.” Sehun thought.

After breakfast, the boys discarded their trash and went into the living room.

“So what are we gonna play?” Chen whined, hanging off of Baekhyun’s arm.

“I’m going to my room.” Sehun said. Before he could even move, his tail was grabbed by a familiar soft hand.

“Why are you going by yourself? We can all play together.” The bunny said, dimple present on his cheek.

“You’ve got these three to play dress up with. You don’t need me.” Sehun said. “Besides, I want to take a nap.” Lay looked disappointed, but let go of Sehun’s tail.

“Alright.” He said. Without another word, Sehun headed upstairs, happy to be given time by himself.

“What did he mean play dress up?” Chen asked.

“And more importantly, does it include eyeliner?” Baekhyun asked eagerly. His tail was wagging vigorously as he awaited Lay’s answer. Unfortunately, the bunny was staring at the cat hybrid who was still walking up the stairs. He appeared to have zoned out a bit.

“Lay? Xing, ge?” Tao mewed, wrapping his arms around the bunny’s head.

“Huh?”

“You did it again hyung.” Chen laughed.

“Oh really?” The bunny looked genuinely confused; not to mention adorable.

“What’s this about dress up Sehun was talking about?” Chen asked.

 “Oh, we play with a makeup kit in my room.”

“Can we play?” Tao asked clapping his hands childishly.

“Sure.” The rabbit held the tall kitten by the hand as the quartet made their way to his room.

 

Sehun was sprawled out on his bed as he stared up at the ceiling. It was the first time in a while that there wasn’t a bunny snuggled up next to him on his bed. Heck, it was the first time in a while that he was in his own bed. His clingy housemate had a habit of bringing Sehun to bed with him after they finished playing and he’d been doing it a lot more frequently, lately.

“Ah, finally. Some time to myself.” The kitten purred. He curled his body into a ball and closed his eyes, slowly drifting to sleep.

Or rather he would be drifting to sleep…if he could get to sleep. But for whatever reason, the kitten didn’t feeltired. He was lying in his own bed, in his typical cat position, but he couldn’t fall asleep. Any other day he’d be out like a light. What was different this time? How did he usually get to sleep? Well Lay would cradle him in his arms, gently rub his hair, sing him some sweet lullabies, give him warm milk…

“No way!” Sehun wasn’t sure what surprised him more. The fact that he’d just shouted out of nowhere, or the mere idea that Lay affected his ability to sleep.

“That doesn’t have anything to do with anything.” The cat said to himself. He plopped down on his bed and wrapped the covers around him, completely covering his head. He shut his eyes tightly and tried to fall asleep. The hybrid lay in that position for about 5 minutes before sitting up once again.

“Yah, why can’t I just sleep?!” The Ragdoll threw the covers off of himself in frustration. He slumped back down against the headboard. “What’s wrong with me?” Sehun was getting aggravated now. Why the heck was this so stressful? He just wanted to take a nap. Suddenly, a knock at the door snapped the cat’s attention away from his frustration.

“Yeah? Come in.” he meowed. To his surprise, it was Tao at the door.

“Are you okay?” the ebony kitten asked.

“Uh…yeah.” Sehun lied, scratching his head.

“Oh, well…um, we heard you growling and Lay said you might want some warm milk.” The kitten pulled a large glass of milk from behind his back. Sehun was shocked. He was certain that Lay wouldn’t be thinking about him with the other 3 to distract him.

“He did?”

“Yeah, he said if you don’t drink it you act grumpy, and that’s probably why you weren’t asleep yet.” Tao smiled sheepishly. Sehun sighed, embarrassed to be given such an infantile description.

“Well I…I guess I’ll take it.” The Ragdoll mumbled, a slight blush on his pale face. Tao smiled brightly and handed the milk to the other cat. Thankfully, Tao didn’t insist on feeding him like Lay did. With Tao close up, Sehun noticed few things that he hadn’t noticed before. First of all, Tao’s lips were coated in shiny golden lip gloss. His glasses were off so it was easy to see that eyes sported a rich blue eye shadow. But the most notable thing was his outfit.

“Isn’t that the sweater vest we got you?” he asked after taking a giant gulp of milk.

“Oh yeah, we all brought them so you could see them on us.” Tao giggled.

“So the others have theirs on?”

“Yeah.”

“Do they also have…” Sehun waved his had in front of his face, a gesture informing Tao that he was referring to his makeup.

“Yeah, Lay’s working on Chen Chen now.” The kitty mewled.

“Whatever.” The cat sighed. He finished drinking his milk and let out a large yawn.

“Sleepy now?” Tao chuckled.

“Just go play your game.” Sehun hissed, putting the empty glass on his nightstand. Tao looked towards the ground and twiddled his fingers together. It was obvious that something was on his mind. “What?”

“Don’t you want to come too?”

“No.”

“But…”

“I just want some time to myself, Tao. Can’t I have that for once?”

 “Okay.” Tao mumbled, clearly disappointed. After the door was closed, Sehun curled himself into a ball once again, a newfound wave of sleepiness upon him.

 

Tao soon returned to Lay’s bedroom. The rabbit hybrid’s room looked like any normal room for a 23 year old…minus the inclusion of a giant cushion fort directly in the center. Not to mention the large thick blankets sprawled around the room. And the complete lack of a bed. Being a rabbit, Lay found it more comfortable to make his room into a makeshift den, claiming that it felt more like a home. Suho didn’t mind it as long as his bunny stuck to blankets and pillows rather than real rodent bedding. Lay’s other hybrid friends thought it was the coolest thing ever, and thus Suho’s house became the main hangout for his friends’ hybrid bunch. As Tao crawled under the blankets, he heard a distinctive chuckling from a certain kitty beagle along with a whining bunny.

“Hey, cut that out!” Lay whined.

“Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Do it again, hyung!” Chen laughed. His mouth was covered in pink lipstick and he had matching mascara on his eyes. Beakhyun, who was only sporting some bright blue glitter gloss, pulled the blue haired bunny close to him and gently blew on the back of his neck.

“Aish!” the rabbit hybrid quietly shrieked, not wanting to disturb his owner.

“Yah, is this a rabbit thing, or just a ‘you’ thing?” Chen asked. At the same time, Tao had made it back under the fort.

“What are you doing?” the ebony cat asked, frowning at Chen. He already had a hunch what was going on.

“Aigoo, why do you always pick on me?” The rabbit hybrid pouted. Baekhyun pulled Lay towards him again, but kissed the back of his neck this time, leaving a glittery kiss mark behind. Chen gave the bunny a friendly on the cheek.

“You know we love you, hyung.” Chen said, wagging his tail. His puppy eyes in full view.

“You’re just so cute when you’re like that.” Baekhyun added, his tail also wagging a mile a minute.

“What happened with Sehun?” Lay asked Tao, his focus turning to his distressed kitty.

“I gave him the milk, but he still…uh, do not want to come.” Tao mumbled, stuttering a bit.

“He never wants to play with me.” Lay sighed.

“But you always say that you play all the time.” Chen said, his head tilted.

“Only if I make him. He just doesn’t leave because he’s too lazy to.” Lay smiled sadly as he spoke. “But he doesn’t even play. He just sits there while I play with him.” The rabbit thought to the many times he played make-up with the kitten, staring deadpan at him as he just did what he pleased with the younger. Chen patted the bunny’s sad head.

“Why is he like that?” Tao asked.

“It might just be him being a teenager. Or maybe it’s just because he’s a cat.” Lay suggested.

“It can’t be a cat thing, because Tao liked us really quickly.” Baekhyun reasoned, the black cat’s ears.

“I took a while too.” Tao mewed nervously. “But I know I’m a bit more clingy than other cat hybrids. When I get to know the person, that is.” The kitten blushed as he spoke.

“At least you weren’t mean.” Chen commented, still petting Lay.

“Sehunnie isn’t mean. He’s just likes to act tough around other people, but he’s really sweet if it’s just us two together.” Lay said. “Like a certain beagle we all know.” The rabbit glared at Baekhyun as he spoke.

“Wae? What are you talking about?” The brunet puppy blushed as he turned his head away from the others, knowing good and well what the bunny meant.

“What do you and Sehun do together?” Tao asked, rubbing his fluffy tail in his hands. He was genuinely curious since Sehun tried to avoid interacting with his housemate anytime they were in public.

“We usually just talk. Sometimes we’ll play games, like dress up. Or I’ll throw yarn balls for him to play with.” The bunny hybrid had a dreamy look on his face as he spoke. “I feed him his meals and then we’ll nap here in the fort. Sometimes he’ll be so relaxed that he purrs while he sleeps. It’s nice.” And just like that, Lay spaced out once again as he thought about the enjoyable moments with the rainbow furred kitten. The beagles and Tao smiled fondly at each other. They loved seeing Lay so happy. They just wished Sehun was less…independent. Sure he was a cat hybrid and that was their nature, but they wished for him to at least act closer to his owner and housemate. And soon they were all in a trance, thinking about the younger boy.

But almost as if the cat had read their minds, he popped his head into the cushion fort.

“Um, I…” the cat was caught off guard as he saw Chen and Baekhyun pressed against Lay’s sides, the former resting his head on the bunny’s shoulder.

That’s my spot

“Sehun!” Lay smiled, his dimple glowing brightly. He reached his arms out for the kitten to go towards him. Sehun shook his head to remove that previous thought from his mind. He looked around the fort. The others didn’t seem to notice his awkward pause from before. They all smiled at him normally and Tao even squeezed the younger cat’s cheeks gently.

“What’s going on?” the Ragdoll asked.

“We were playing dress up with Lay, remember?” Tao stated, gesturing at the horrible makeup renditions on his face.

“I thought you went to sleep.” Chen commented. Sehun nearly hissed when he looked back over to the beagle, still lying his head on Lay’s shoulder. He wasn’t even sure why it bothered him so much. Being occupied with Chen and Baekhyun meant Lay wasn’t bothering him.

“I was, but…I woke up.” The cat whispered sheepishly, averting his eyes from the beagles.

“You usually sleep for about 3 hours. Are you sick?” Lay looked concerned as he spoke. Tao reached out to check Sehun’s forehead, which didn’t feel feverish.

“I don’t feel sick. I guess I just wasn’t that tired.”

“Or maybe he missed you.” Baekhyun teased.

“I did not!” the rainbow cat hissed.

“Then why did you come in here?” the curly beagle asked. And Sehun’s face dropped, as if he didn’t even know why he went in there...which was actually true. He wasn’t really sure what provoked him to go to Lay’s room after waking up from a 20 minute nap.

“Uh……I….” the cat hybrid struggled to find any words.

“Aw, he did miss you.” Chen cooed, nuzzling a smiling Lay’s cheek.

“No I didn’t!” The cat was whining now, a huge pout present on his face. Something totally uncharacteristic of him. “I live here, I can go wherever I want! And I just felt like coming in here!

“Ha ha ha ha ha, whatever.” The brunet laughed. And Sehun hissed again.

“Are you going to stay and play with us?” Tao asked, his eyes and voice gentle. And Sehun was struggling to say no.

“Not if you’re going to play that.” The cat said gesturing to the makeup kit in front of his housemate.

“We don’t have to. Everyone’s already made up anyway.” Lay said. “We can watch a movie or something.”

“Ooooh, yeah. Movie movie movie!” Chen barked.

“Which one though?” Bakehyun asked.

 “I wanted to watch a new one called Unexpected Love.”  Lay said. “Wanna watch it?” The beagles happily barked to affirm the decision. Lay quickly crawled out of the fort to grab his laptop and the movie. The others positioned themselves to get comfortable for the movie in the meantime. Baekhyun and Chen cuddled up next to each other and pulled a blanket over their legs. Tao wrapped an arm around Sehun before he could even say anything. Lay returned within 5 minutes with the laptop, along with some snacks that he kept stored under another pile of blankets. He sat in between the two snuggling pairs, Chen and Tao on either side of him. 

 Sehun leaned on Tao’s body and wrapped his arms around the older kitten. “I’m just gonna stay here because it smells nice.” He was referring to Tao’s catnip scented sweater vest.

“Just you being here is nice enough.” Lay said as he cuddled close to Tao. He and Chen immediately rested their heads on the rabbit’s shoulders. And Sehun shut his eyes tightly.

 

“Aw, he looks so cute.” The curly beagle cooed.

“Never thought I’d hear that about Sehun.” Baekhyun joked, gently reaching over to pat Sehun’s hair.

“He’s a little angel.” Lay said sweetly.

 “He’s like a baby.” Tao added.

Sehun was currently curled up on Tao’s lap, sleeping peacefully. The others had been so caught up in their film that they hadn’t noticed the boy slowly drifting to sleep. Tao however, noticed from the beginning. The way Sehun was yawning every few minutes and blinking his eyes slower and slower, Tao knew he’d fall asleep eventually. He eventually stared slowly patting the boy’s rear end, just like he’d seen Lay do several times before. And soon, Sehun was out like a light.

“He said he couldn’t sleep before, though.” Tao tilted his head in confusion as he looked at Lay.

“Well he always falls asleep pretty quickly here in the den. Maybe that’s why.” Lay reasoned.

“He falls asleep faster in your den than in his own bed?” Chen questioned.

“We actually sleep in here together a lot. Actually, I think Sehun sleeps in here more than in his bed.”

“Aw, that’s why he came in here.” Baekhyun said. “He knew he’d fall asleep if he was under your fort and blankets.” Lay smiled at the comment. He loved the idea of his room making Sehun feel comfortable.

“I’m hungry. What time is it?” Tao mewled.

“It should be dinner time soon.” Lay said.

“Dinner already?” Baekhyun asked.

“We’ve actually been in here for a long time.”

“But the movie’s not over yet.” The curly beagle whined.

“We can just wait until it finishes.” Lay said.

And so, the group continued their movie. As it went on though, Tao too started to get tired. He snuggled closer to Lay’s body and nuzzled into his neck. Lay, ever the affectionate bunny, began gently grooming Tao. He the young boy’s neck for a while before moving onto his soft black hair. The kitten purred loudly and gently Lay’s exposed chest as he enjoyed the attention.

Sehun was slightly jostled by the movements of the older cat. Additionally, the loud purring made it even harder for the boy to stay asleep and his eyes slowly blinked open. What he saw brought upon a horrible feeling in the bottom of his stomach. Lay was grooming Tao and the kitten was grooming him back and he was purring like crazy. Lay’s half closed eyes looked dreamily at Tao as he his dark hair. That’s the look he usually only gave Sehun. The two looked so intimate. But why was Lay loving up on Tao like this? Sehun was his kitty. Not Tao. And why was Chen’s head still on Lay’s shoulder? Chen wasn’t even a whole cat hybrid. He could never be Lay’s kitty. Only Sehun could.

“Stop that!” Sehun hissed as he shot out of Tao’s lap. In an instant he found himself pressed against Lay’s body, burying his face into the rabbit’s neck.

“What’s wrong Sehun?” Lay asked. Baekhyun had already gone to Tao and wrapped his arms around the young kitten.

“Why did you do that?” Chen asked, still too close to Lay for Sehun’s comfort.

“Get off of him!” Sehun hissed. And the Ragdoll soon found a pair of strong incisors in the back of his neck. Lay rarely scolded Sehun by biting him. It was only when the kitten had been really rude or inappropriate that he’d do so. Regardless, Chen quickly removed himself from Lay’s body and s behind Baekhyun for comfort.

“What’s your problem?” Baekhyun demanded.

“You’re hurting my neck.” Sehun whined, focusing more on Lay’s bite. The rabbit eventually removed his teeth from Sehun’s neck. He glared sternly at the cat hybrid.

“Sehun, apologize to Chen and Tao.” Lay ordered.

“Why should I?” the cat pouted, turning away from Lay’s glare.

“Because we don’t yell at our friends.”

“Well, they were in my spot!” the cat hissed.

“What are you even talking about?” Baekhyun growled, still cradling Tao.

“What do you mean? You were the only one on Tao’s lap.” Lay asked, still frowning at Sehun.

“I’m supposed to be your kitty! Not them! Why are you grooming and cuddling them so much?!” Sehun screamed. He pushed himself off of Lay’s body and stomped out of the den.

Everyone was confused. Tao and Chen were still shaken and Lay couldn’t be more shocked. Sehun, the cat who’s never once cared about Lay being affectionate with others, who’s tried to spend as much ‘alone time’ as possible… just yelled at him for not giving him attention. Tao sniffled as he tried with every fiber of his being not to cry. Chen wrapped the tall cat in his arms and began gently singing to him. His voice was very much like a cat’s meow. Baekhyun on the other hand turned his attention to Lay.

“I’m sorry guys. I don’t know what’s wrong with him.” Lay sighed. But Baekhyun had a hunch what was going on. After all, something similar had happened at their house a while back.

“I think our little kitty was a bit jealous.” The brown haired beagle said.

“Jealous? Sehun? Why would he be?” Lay asked, one long floppy ear in the shape of a question mark.

“Lay, I think we all know that Sehun cares for you more than he lets on.” The brunet said.

“Well yeah, I know. But he’s never acted like this.”

“You should go talk to him. Something is definitely bothering him.”

“But, Taozi…” The blue bunny looked at the cat who was slowly regaining his composure.

Sniff, I’m okay. You should talk to Sehunnie.” Tao mewled quietly, as small smile on his face.

“Are you sure?” Lay asked, reaching to wipe away Tao’s tears.

“Yes. He’s a baby. He needs his big brother.” The kitten smiled. Lay gave Tao a quick kiss and a pat on the head before crawling out of the den.

“Are you really okay, Tao?” Chen asked.

“Yes, hyung.”

“That was really mature of you.” Baekhyun added. “You sure you don’t need anything?”

“Um…well, I…I just want to call Kris, ge.” The kitten said, twiddling his thumbs. He still felt like he was going to cry and knew that hearing his owner’s voice would make him feel better.

“Wanna talk to Kris? Okay, I’ll get your phone.” Baekhyun said.

 

Sehun was lying on his bed looking angrily at the celling. He has furious and sad just thinking about what happened in the other room. Why did Lay do that? Why would he groom the others like that? They’re not his kitties. They don’t live there. If they were just cuddling that would be one thing. Sehun could handle that. But grooming was a special hybrid activity. Only the closest of hybrids did that. Heck, Sehun would have been fine with it if Lay had only groomed him as well. It was only fair since he was Lay’s housemate. But then again…when did he care so much about being Lay’s housemate?

“Ugh, this is so annoying! Why am I like this?” The Ragdoll moaned. He curled into a ball and angrily chewed on his tail, totally confused as to what was wrong with him. Just that morning, Sehun was upset about Lay clinging to him constantly, but now he was mad that the rabbit was interacting with someone else. The cat hybrid wasn’t sure why he was suddenly acting so strange, but a hard knock at his door interrupted his thoughts.

“Um, come in.” There was evident nervousness in his voice. The cat shivered in fear as he wondered what was about to happen and his fears only increased when he saw who came in the room.

“Sehun, we need to talk.” Suho said, hands on his hips. Lay was standing behind him, the unusually stern look still on his face.

“Yes hyung.” Sehun sighed, sitting up properly. Lay joined the hybrid on the bed while their owner remained standing in front of them.

“Why did you yell at Tao and Chen?” the oldest man asked. Sehun averted his eyes from his owner and housemate before answering.

“Because…they made me angry.” The cat huffed.

“Why were you angry?

“Because…because…”

“Because what, Oh Sehun?” Suho asked.

“Yah, I don’t know!” Sehun whined, flopping onto his back.

“Sit up, now.” The short man ordered. His tone was soft and gentle, yet Sehun still felt the authority from the statement. He did as asked.

“Why were you angry?” Suho asked again. “I want the truth.”

“Because they kept Lay and leaning all over him.” The cat pouted, turning his head opposite of the bunny.

“And why were you upset by that?”

“Because I’m his cat. I mean…I’m the cat who lives with him.”

“Our friends have groomed and cuddled with me before, and you were never mad any of those times.” Lay said, his expression softening.

“Well, you were always holding me in your lap those times. I still felt like…like…” Sehun was struggling for words once again. “I just felt better okay.”

Suho’s hard expression too began to falter as he started to understand what was truly bothering his kitten.

“Sehun, don’t you know that Lay loves you?” the human asked. Sehun simply nodded as a response. “And you know I love you.”

“Mmh.” Was the cat hybrid’s reply.

“Well then you should know that no amount of cuddling or playing we do with other hybrids will change how much we love you.”

“I know that.”

“Then why were you upset earlier?” Lay asked. Sehun shrugged his shoulders.

“Did you feel jealous?” Suho asked this time. Sehun remained quiet though. “Were you missing Lay’s attention?” Sehun blushed and turned his head. He certainly didn’t want to admit that that was exactly what had upset him. Especially after how he’d always tried to get some time away from the overly clingy bunny.

“I’m sorry.” Sehun said. Suho chuckled and turned Sehun’s head towards him. He gave him a quick peck on the lips.

“Apologize to Chen and Taozi. Not me. I’m going to go start dinner.” And with that, the short man left the room.

Sehun’s eyes were fixated on the ground. There was silence between the two hybrids for a while before Lay eventually spoke up.

“Did you really miss me giving you attention?” He asked, a small smile on his face. Sehun mewled and averted his eyes once again.

“I always felt that you were annoyed by me. Sometimes I almost thought that you didn’t like me.” Lay continued, and Sehun visibly flinched at his words. The rabbit hybrid noticed and began gently patting the kitten’s ears. “I know you sometimes don’t really like how overly clingy I am with you, but I want you to know how much I love you. How I love nothing more than spending every moment of every day with you.”

“Mrrrooow…”

“And I want you to know that’ll you’ll always be my number one priority. You’re my kitty after all.” Lay planted a gentle kiss on Sehun’s temple, eliciting a quiet mew from the boy.

“Are you ready for dinner?” The blue rabbit asked. Sehun, still silent for some reason, nodded affirmatively. Lay smiled that bright dimpled smile of his.

“Who’s my kitty?” Lay asked once again. Sehun felt strange. Like a weird burst of emotions were circulating throughout his body.

“Sehun.” The Ragdoll purred. Lay smiled and stood up. He gently hoisted Sehun in his arms; positioning him in his usual place on his hip. The odd feeling was still flowing throughout Sehun’s body and he almost didn’t realize his next words.

“Who’s……” the cat lingered on the word for a while.

“Hm?” Lay hummed, softly patting Sehun’s .

“Who’s my bunny?” the cat blushed as he finished his question, almost in disbelief that he’d actually said it.

An immensely large smile took over Lay’s face. His dimples were burning through his cheeks and he almost couldn’t contain himself. He never thought he’d ever hear such a thing from Sehun. The same cat who always responded to Lay’s version with apathy or even annoyance. Perhaps things were getting better. Maybe Sehun would be more open about his feelings from now on; at least between the two of them. Only time would tell, but regardless, Lay would of course keep taking care of Sehun just like he had before.

“Lay~”


I kind of wish this was longer, but at the same time I didn't want it to be too long. I hope eveyone liked it for what it was though. I think tsundere Sehun and clingly Lay are adorable as a pair.

Also, alerting everyone who may not have read the initial story that any errors with Tao's speech are intentional to show that he still stuggles with the language sometimes.

Thanks for reading everyone.