Our Anniversary, With Many More to Come

Three Beagles and a Kitty: Epilogues

Well, here it is. The grand finale. I hope you all enojy it.


“C’mon guys, we have to go!” Kris called to the others. “I don’t want to be late!”

“Aish, we’re coming.” Chen yelled back as he grabbed his pink, totally not a purse, handbag and hung it on one shoulder.

“Ironic how this hyung is the one rushing us.” Baekhyun laughed. “Esepcially, after the way he and Chanyeol spent like two hours mating in here. I can still smell it, too.”

“Yeah, and then they were doing it again while they were showering.” Tao whined. “They were in there for like an hour because they had to take another shower.”

“Ah…young love.” Chen hummed, holding his hands to his chest.

“Speaking of which, where is Yeollie?” Baekhyun asked.

“Putting on extra perfume and cologne so the others won’t smell the Kris on him.” Chen giggled.

“Ha! Maybe the humans won’t notice, but there’s no way the other hybrids won’t.” Baekhyun laughed. Tao giggled as well.

“Guys! Are you done up there?” Kris called again.

“Yeah, we’re coming down now!” Chen replied. The trio ran down and were surprised to see Chanyeol already downstairs with their owner.

“What took you guys so long?” The tall blond asked.

“Who are you to ask that question?” Tao asked with a frown. Chen and Baekhyun burst out laughing while Chanyeol only blushed. Kris knew good and well what he was referring to, but tried to keep his composure. Otherwise they’d be teasing him forever. Instead, he assessed his pets’ clothing.

Chen was dressed in a simple blue hoodie and bright orange pants. Tao was wearing his glasses, as usual, along with one of his favorite purple blouses and some very tight jeans. Baekhyun had on a fuzzy blue sweater and white capris. And Chanyeol was adorned in a plain white shirt, a black jacket, and some black pants. Kris meanwhile was dressed in all white, complete with a fancy dress hat.

“Why are you so dressed up?” Chen asked.

“It’s a party.”

“It’s just our friends though.” Baekhyun added. “Xiumin even said we could dress as casual as we wanted.”

“Well I like to dress to impress.” Kris said, winking. And his pets burst out laughing.

“Aigoo, Kris hyungie you’re so cute.” Chanyeol cooed.

“Wae?” the tall man pouted.

“C’mon, let’s go already.” Chen barked. “I’m hungry.”

“Let’s just hope people don’t pick up on the smell of Kris and Yeollie’s mati-” A hand was placed over Baekhyun's mouth.

“Hey, hey, hey. We don’t need to talk about that.” Kris sputtered, sweating nervously.

"Hee hee, of course we don't." Baekhyun giggled.

 

“Hahahahahahaha, Kyungsoo don’t you think you’re overreacting.” Xiumin laughed.

“No! He kept asking me about mating for 6 hours after that!” D.O. whined.

“Soo, he knows about all of that stuff already.” Xiumin said with a smirk. “I mean, surely you two have…” he added with a raised eyebrow. It took about 5 seconds for D.O. to figure out what Xiumin was asking.

“Wait! Are suggesting that we’ve…that I’ve…?!” D.O. exclaimed. He could feel himself burning up.

“I’m just asking.” Xiumin chuckled. “You don’t have to say if you don’t want to.”

“I mean…not really. Not like real mating mating. We’ve just, ya know…” D.O. started nervously rubbing his arm.

“Kyungoo! Can you help me out in here?” Came Suho’s voice from the kitchen. He probably needed some cooking assistance.

“Uh sure. Coming right now, hyung.” D.O. gave Xiumin one last nervous look before dashing awkwardly into the kitchen.

The older man just chuckled to himself.

 

“So you mated?”

“Kai, stop asking that!” Luhan whined. “I already told you, no.”

“We all know you have.” Sehun meowed nonchalantly. He was sprawled across Lay’s lap on the sofa while the pup and deer at at either side of them.

“Sehun!” Lay scolded. “You know what Suho said. No talking about the hyungs' mating in front of them.”

“What!” Luhan was so done with his friends.

“Why don’t you just admit you’ve done it already?” Sehun asked. “I mean, you both smell like it all the time.”

“I knew that was the mating smell. It’s the same way Kris and his hybrids always smell.”

“Wait wait wait, all of them?” Luhan asked. Believe it or not, the elder deer, just like Sehun, was also quite the gossip. And he'd yet heard any tidbits on Kris and his hybrids mating

“Yeah, they all smell like that a lot.” Lay agreed.

“Even Chen?” Luhan asked. It’s not that Luhan didn’t think any of them would want to mate with Chen. It’s the fact that the beagle kitty often suffered from such low self-esteem from being mixed breed and mixed species. Luhan always pictured him being too shy or uncomfortable to mate.

“Especially Chen.” Sehun hummed. “I heard he likes .” Luhan’s jaw dropped, mainly at Sehun’s bluntness.

“Not…not Taozi though. Right?” Not the maknae. Surely the little kitty hadn’t mated yet.

“Yep. Tao too.” Kai barked. “I think he mates with Baekhyun and Kris the most. He usually smells like them.”

“Really? I normally smell Chen on him.” Lay said, a confused expression on his face.

“Huh, I smell Chanyeol on him a lot.” Sehun added. “But he usually smells like Baekhyun the most.”

“Oh my gosh.” Luhan flopped on top of Lay’s shoulder. “I can’t believe it.”

“Why not? “ Sehun pondered, sounding just as uninterested as ever.

“He’s…he’s so young.” Luhan gasped dramatically.

“I’m younger than him and I’ve done it.” Sehun said.

“Me too.” Kai barked, tail wagging.

“You…what?! Both of you have?”

“Well, D.O. hyung and I have kind of 'done it'.” Kai said, making air quotes. “It’s kind of hard to explain, but basically…”

“No, please don’t. I don’t want to hear it.” Luhan said, covering Kai’s mouth.

“Is it weird that Lay, Suho and I do it all together?” Sehun asked. “I always thought that was weird.”

“Please stop talking.” Luhan muttered.

“I told you it’s fine.” Lay said, kissing Sehun’s forehead. “Lots of people mate in groups of 3.”

“Kris’s pack is a group of 5.” Kai added.

“Do they all do it together?” Luhan asked, shocked.

“Wouldn’t they?” Lay asked.

“I thought they separated into small groups.” Sehun said.

“Maybe they rotate like we do sometimes~.” Lay said, looking to the ceiling in deep though.

“Rotate?” Luhan asked, perplexed. Honestly, he’d never really thought about a multi-person mating. It just never crossed his mind what with him only having Xiumin.

“Yeah. Usually Suho hyung lets us mate first, then he’ll mate with both of us separately.” Lay started.

“But sometimes we just do it all together.” Sehun finished.

“Cool.” Kai chirped, tail still wagging fiercely. Luhan sure hoped he wasn’t getting aroused. He did not want the pup talking about mating, or worse, trying to do it, when they started eating.

The sound of the doorbell ringing prevented the conversation from going any further. Kai was the first to move, bouncing off the couch and to the door. As expected, the pup whined and pawed at the door rather than actually opening it.

“I’ll get it.” Xiumin chuckled. He opened the door to reveal Kris and all four of his hybrids.

“Hey Min.” Kris greeted, giving the shorter man a bro hug.

“Aye, what took you guys so long?” the elder asked, his words slightly muffled into Kris’s shirt.

“I can tell you if you really want.” Baekhyun said, unnecessarily loud. Tao giggled.

“Baek hush.” Kris playfully pushed Baekhyun unto a nearby chair.

“Hey guys!” Chen barked, head butting Kai. “You’re all already here.”

“We got here forever ago.” Sehun yawned.

“You’re the last ones to arrive.” Xiumin said. “C’mon, now that everyone’s here, let’s start eating.” The hybrids sure didn’t need to be told twice. All of them dashed out of the living room and into the kitchen in mere seconds. Kris and Xiumin could only laugh.

 

The large group of 12 sat at Xiumin’s large table, each owner sat next to his hybrid. On top of the table sat meats, breads, veggies, desserts, noodles, rice, seafoods, and probably anything else one could think of.

“Aw man, this all looks delicious.” Chanyeol said, his mouth already salivating.

“Yeah, D.O. All of this looks great.” Kris added.

“Thanks, but I had a lot of help too.” D.O. said with a blush, glancing at his helpers.

“Sehun, I never knew you could cook like this.” Xiumin commented.

“Well, uh…I guess Lay and Suho hyung helped. A bit.” The tsundere kitten mumbled with a blush.

“With all of these compliments, we may as well see how it tastes.” Suho said cheerily. “Everyone dig in!”

And they did. The hybrids quite literally attacked the food. A chorus of chewing, slurping, snorting, and other strange sounds soon filled the room. But of course, it was all normal to the hybrid owners.

“Well, is it good?” D.O. asked.

“It’s really good, hyung.” Tao mewed.

“Yeah, it’s amazing.” Chanyeol added, giving a thumbs up.

“The samgyupsal is superb.” Xiumin hummed.

“Sehun grilled that.” Lay said, patting the kitten on the back. “And all by himself, too.” The others didn’t miss the blush that formed on Sehun’s face.

“I love this pizza.” Baekhyun moaned. “It’s so cheesy and delicious.”

“It’s my special 5 cheese pizza.” Suho cooed.

“Hey, I want some.” Tao mewed.

“Is there meat on it? If not, I want some too.” Luhan said.

“We made half with no meat just for you and Lay hyung.” D.O. said. Luhan smiled as he pulled off one of the meat-free slices. The large dozen of men continued their massive chow down, only slowling down once well over half of the food had been devored.

“This is the best party ever!” Kai barked. Suho chuckled as he ruffled the boy’s fur.

“Well it should be. We are celebrating something very special after all.” The older man said.

“Since you’ve brought it up, should we do the honors now?” Kris asked. The blond man was leaning on his elbow, head resting on one hand while the other guided his food to his mouth. Terrible table manners, but he looked damn good doing it.

“I thought we would wait until after we finished eating.” Xiumin said. “And with these guys, I don’t know if we should be giving honors while there’s food around.”

“Hey! We can pay attention while eating!” Baekhyun whined, taking a large chomp from a chicken leg.

“Yeah, we’ll listen.” Tao added in agreement. Ironically, the kitten was staring at the potato skewer in his hand, not even looking at man he was speaking to.

“You might hear it, but I don’t know if you’ll be listening.” Xiumin shrugged.

“We’ll pay attention. Really~.” Lay pleaded.

“It is best that we start now.” D.O. said. “After all, we have  12 people to get through.”

“Makes sense.” Suho said, smiling brightly.

“Alright then.” Kris sat up into a proper sitting position and brushed off his clothes. “Who’d like to go first?”

“Actually, I’d like to if nobody minds.” Suho said.

“Go for it.” Kris said.

“Yay Suho!” Chanyeol howled, clapping loudly.

“You go hyung!” Chen barked. Suho chuckled at the beagles and stood up next to his chair.

“Ahem. As we all know, we are gathered here today to celebrate a momentous day. The one year anniversary of all of us coming together as twelve as owners, hybrids, and friends.”

Cheers and claps sounded throughout the kitchen.

“And as we all know, the time leading up to this point has been rough. We’ve had out good days, our bad days, some horrible days, some awful days, some days we just didn’t want to get out of bed…”

“Alright hyung, get on with it.” D.O. said with a smirk. “We just said we had twelve people to get through.” This time the room was filled with chuckles.

“Anyway, one thing I think we can all agree on is that even though the road was rough, it was all worth it in the end.”

Once again, the man was applauded and cheered on.

“And tonight…”

“It’s not night time.” Tao mewed, head tilted in confusion. More chuckles.

“Ah, you’re right. Thank you Taozi.” Suho said, stifling a chucle himself. “And this afternoon, I’d like to give a toast to my hybrids, Zhang Yixing, or as I call him, my little Lay, and Oh Sehun~” Suho cooed. Lay giggled and hid his blush with his long ears, but Sehun only groaned in embarrassment.

“Aw man…” the kitten hissed.

“Lay, when I first met you, you were a sweet, shy little bunny. And now you’re…well you’re still pretty sweet and a bit shy.” Lay blushed again. “But you’re definitely the sweetest hybrid I’ve ever met. I’ve always wanted a rabbit since childhood, and I couldn’t be any more blessed than to have you be that rabbit You're kind, selfless and you live to help others. If you weren't the sweetheart you are, there's no way our little Sehun would be as nice and mellow as he has become to this day. Thank you, Yixing.” Suho said sincerely.

“Thank you, Suho hyung.” Lay mumbled. The bunny’s ears were still covering his face to the point that they were in his mouth, muffling his words.

“Yeah Lay, you’re an awesome friend.” Baekhyun added, giving a thumbs-up.

“You’re the best friend any hybrid or human could ask for.” Kai barked.

“You take care of anyone and everyone you meet, no matter what their age. Words can’t even commend you enough, honestly.” Luhan said, patting the bunny on the back.

“Oh…you guys are gonna make me cry.” Lay said. Suho leaned over and hugged the boy, quickly rubbing circles on his back.

"I...um...well..." Sehun stuttered, clearly nervous about what he was preparing to say. "You're a really great hyung to me and I'm glad you've always taken care of me and never gave up on me...even when I was mean to you and Suho hyung. So thank you." The cat said quickly. Lay was so moved by Sehun's words that he couldn't even speak. Instead, he opted to just pull the kitten into a big hug. He was able to perfectly hear the soft purring that sounded in Sehun's throat. The group gave them a minute to have thier moment before Suho continued.

“And Sehun…”

“Oh boy…” The cat groaned. Chuckles could be heard from the other hybrids.

“Sehun, when I first got you, you didn’t like me, Lay, or anyone for that matter. You avoided us like the plague and hissed over everything. You couldn’t stand sleeping in someone else’s room or others being in your room.”

“That sounds like him now.” Tao said suddenly. Chanyeol and Chen burst out laughing. Sehun stuck his tongue at the older cat. “I’m just kidding.” The ebony haired boy giggled.

“But now, you’re like a completely different cat. You let others feed you, groom you. You’re tolerant of the dogs. You sleep in Lay’s den willingly, and you’ve even started to let him sleep in your room. You’re much more mature and selfless, especially with the dinner surprise you and Lay made for me last week.” Suho smiled at the boy as he gave his speech. He truly was happy with all of Sehun’s progress. “I couldn’t be more proud of how much you’ve grown.”

“Aigooo…” Was all Sehun could reply with. No matter how much growth he went through, he still got embarrassed whenever he was praised.

“I remember when you used to scratch me whenever I tried to talk to you. Now I can cuddle with you and you don’t even hiss. Thank you Sehun.” Kai said, wagging his tail. Sehun pouted at his words.

“I have to say Sehun, you’ve really grown over the past couple of years. You’re becoming a respectable young man.” Xiumin added.

“Aish, don’t get corny, hyung.” Chen groaned.

“You’re the only kitty friend I had for a while. I was worried at first because I thought you didn’t like me. But now I know you were just shy because of how handsome I am.” Tao said, finishing off his statement with a laugh.

“Wae?” Sehun exclaimed, flabbergasted.

“This kid…” Baekhyun playfully smacked Tao in the head. Lay cleared his throat before turning to look Sehun in the eyes. The kitten could feel his cheeks heating up.

“Sehun all I can say is that you are and will always be my special kitty. I love you.” Lay said sincerely, placing a kiss on Sehun's lips.

“Ughh Yithing….” Sehun moaned.

“He lisped! He lisped!” Chanyeol howled in laughter.

“He’s blushing too.” Kris chuckled.

“Lisping and blushing? We all know what that means...” Luhan laughed. Soon the entire room with filled with laughter and clapping. Sehun just ignored both the laughter and the burning heat in his abdomen. He’d deal with that later.

“You guyth are tho mean.” He muttered.

“Alright alright.” Kris panted, still trying to cease his own laughter. “Who’s next?”

“Wait, Sehun and Lay should say something about Suho, right?” D.O. asked.

“It’s fine.” Suho said. “They pretty much handled that with the surprise dinner last week.”

“Ah, that makes sense.” Kris replied.

“Besides, we all have something special planned for you all at the end.” Chanyeol said, tail wagging gleefully.

“What, all of you guys planned something for this?” Xiumin asked.

“Yep, and it’s a great surprise.” Baekhyun added.

“Hm, something about this seems suspicious. I almost don’t want to know what you guys could be planning.” Kris said, eying his beagles in particular. They always came up with crazy schemes that tended to cause more harm than good.

“Guess we’ll just have to wait and see.” Suho shrugged. “So who’s next?”

“I think Xiumin hyung should go next.” Kai suggested.

“Me? How come?” the short man asked.

“Because he wants to hear about you and Luhan mati-” A hand covering Sehun’s mouth prevent the rest of the sentence from being spoken.

“Huh?” Xiumin questioned, eyeing the cat suspiciously.

“Huh, oh nothing. He didn’t say anything.” Chen replied with a grin.

“Hm. Ok.” The blond male replied, not believing the beagle for a second. “Well then, where to begin…?”

“With the mate-” This time it was Kai’s mouth who was covered by Kris. Xiumin seemed not to notice the noise, nor the giant eyes and beaming grins that were plastered on the face of everyone in the room.

“Well, when Luhan first became my hybrid, it was like…a dream come true. We hit it off right away, and it was like we’d known each other our whole lives.” Xiumin said. “Luhan was the like the best friend I always wanted.”

“Awwwwwwwww.” Everyone cooed. Xiumin could feel himself blushing, and could see his deer doing the same. He tried to cover his face with his wine glass, but it was no use.

“At first, Luhan was really, really clingy. He followed me anywhere I wnet. To the kitchen, to the bedroom, to the bathroom, everywhere. I was cute, but honestly it was pretty weird. In fact, I was so confused by it, that I called the pet store back to make sure I didn’t accidentally get a puppy hybrid.”

This time the room was filled with laughs.

“That said, Luhan had some issues.”

“What issues?” Luhan whined with a pout.

“As most of you know, he was really overprotective of me. He hated seeing me interact with other hybrids and he’d always try to pull me away from another person I was talking to.” Xiumin continued.

“You’ve got that right!” Baekhyun barked. “I remember one time me, Chen, Yeollie, and Tao were trying to talk to Xiu hyung, and Luhan was rotating Xiumin around like a ragdoll just trying to keep him from talking to us.”

“Oh yeah, I remember that! He never even let Xiumin hyung talk. He answered everything for him.” Tao added, giggling as well.

“And he was giving the shortest, most basic answers too.” Chanyeol howled in glee. “He was clearly trying to push us away.”

“Hey, that’s not true.” Luhan pouted. “You guys are over exaggerating.” Sure, Luhan knew what they were talking about, but he didn’t think it was as bad as they were claiming it to be. Right?

“He did that to us too once.” Kai said, placing his hand on D.O.’s shoulder. “I thought it was because he didn’t like me.”

“What? Oh come on Jongie.” Luhan whined. Okay, so Luhan knew he was a bit…watchful, over Xiumin. But what hybrid isn’t?

“Honestly, I thought the same. “I’d never known a hybrid to be that over protective.” D.O. added.

“Hehehe, yeah.” Xiumin chuckled. “But I said all that to say, that Luhan his clearly grown out of that behavior. He interacts with other humans and hybrids much more openly than he used to. And he’s totally fine with me hanging out with others as well.”

“I can agree with that. It sounds minor, but honestly, seeing Luhan willingly decide to replant my garden with Kai while Xiumin worked with me is amazing progress.”

“He used to always wrap himself on top of Xiumin’s body so no one else could sit by him. And we tried to get closer, he’d nudge us away.” Lay said. “It was like a parasite was growing off of his body.”

“Parasite?! Oh, now you guys are definitely exaggerating.” Luhan exclaimed, clearly upset with how the others were making him out to be. The others laughed and patted the boy on his head and antlers.

“But now he’s totally different. He’ll let the rest of us cuddle up to Xiumin and feed him and everything.” Lay concluded, smiling at Luhan. The deer didn’t return the smile, for his face was still stuck in pout mode.

“You all are mean.” The pink haired herbivore muttered. He slumped his body on top of the table in sadness.

“Oh c’mon Lulu. You know we’re complimenting you.” Chen said, forcefully patting the deer on the back.

“Just think about your special present for Seok hyung and you’ll feel better.” Baekhyun added with a smirk. Luhan’s eyes widened for a second before he quickly sat up again.

“Oh yeah. Alright, alright, let’s move on. Who’s next?” Luhan asked quickly. The humans were confused by his immediate eagerness, but decided to let it go. Whatever this special gift was, it must be something really good.

“D.O. hyung!” Kai barked, wrapping his arms around his owner in a hug.

“Huh? Why me?” the short man questioned, semi uncomfortable by the tightness of the toy poodle’s hug.

“Because Kris has 4 hybrids and he’ll take forever. I want you to go now, hyung. Please.” Kai whined, puppy dog eyes and all.

“Hey, I wouldn’t take that long.” Kris whined. Well actually, it sounded more like he was straining his voice. Kris’s aygeo still wasn’t very good, though the others would admit that it had gotten better through the years. Regardless, the man was ignored in favor of the cuddling duo.

“Okay Jongie, I’ll give my speech now.” D.O. said, taking his stand. Kai clapped happily. Silly little puppy, D.O. thought.

“Hm, actually I’m not sure what to say here.” D.O. said, chuckling nervously.

“What do you mean?” Chanyeol asked.

“It’s just…I dunno, I just feel like Kai hasn’t changed much since I bought him from the pet store.” D.O. shrugged shyly. “Sorry, I guess I never really thought this out.”

“He has changed. He went from black hair to blond.” Tao chuckled. Baekhyun slapped Tao softly on the cheek.

“You little…”

“It doesn’t have to be about him changing. Just say whatever you want.” Kris suggested. D.O. nodded, but remained silent for a second. He still wasn’t all too sure what to say, especially since his experience with Kai wasn’t all too similar to his friends’ lives with their hybrids.

“Hm, well I guess, I have to say that, Kai is a really special guy. He’s pretty calm and quiet for a puppy. And I honestly really like that about him since I’m kind of the same way. And even though he can have his moments where he might…do something he shouldn’t…he learns quickly and I rarely have issues with him. He’s a great dog and my best friend.”

“Awwwwwwwww.” The chorus cooed once again.

“How sweet.” Chanyeol squealed, pinching Kai’s cheeks.

“Thanks, hyung.” Kai barked happily.

“Heh, thanks. Sorry if my speech wasn’t as good as everyone else’s’ though. Kai and I never really had anything major we needed to overcome.”

“Actually you did.” Suho said, taking a sip of his wine. “In fact, I feel like you deserve a speech too.”

“A speech for me? For what?”

“You had a few struggles back when you were dealing with your money issues.” Suho explained. And suddenly all of the memories returned to D.O.’s mind. He wasn’t even sure how he could have possibly forgotten them in the first place.

“Yeah, you couldn’t take care of me after you brought me home.” Tao said quietly, knowing how the situation affected the man in the beginning. “But even though you couldn’t keep me, I’m glad you bought me from that man that day and sent me to live with Kris. It’s the best thing that ever happened to me. Thank you, D.O.” Tao mewed, a blush covering his face.

“You didn’t want to ask any of us for money or any kind of help, even when you were on the verge of freezing to death.” Kris added. “But even in spite of all of the issues, you kept working your hardest, and most importantly, you focused on keeping Kai well taken care of.”

“Of course. I didn’t care about what happened to me.” D.O. stared into his lap as he spoke, somewhat emabarassed thinking about those days of the past. “Kai…all I cared about was keeping Kai healthy.” Kai his owner’s cheek at his heartwarming words. He had the best owner ever.

“And now you have no issues asking for help for even the most minor of things, like say, having to replant a garden of flowers.” Xiumin said with a chuckle.

“Hey, flowers are very important!” Luhan said, sending his owner and knowing glare. Xiumin smiled and rolled his eyes.

“The point is, it’s pretty clear that between you and Kai, you’re the one who’s had the most growth here, Kyungsoo.” Kris said.

“Really?” D.O. asked, quite shocked at what he was hearing. He hadn’t thought he’d changed much at all honestly.

“Instead of it being you who’s helped Kai change, it’s more like Kai has helped you change.” Baekhyun suggested.

“Yeah, if it wasn’t for Kai, you might never have had a reason to ask for help. And could still be the same stubborn guy you used to be.” Sehun said.

“Weird way to put it, Sehun, but I agree.” Suho added, scratching the kitten’s ears. “Whether you expected it or not, Kai did end up helping you for the better.”

“Wow, I never thought of it like that.” D.O. said with a rare, large smile. “Thanks Kai.” The man patted his puppy on the head, and received a large flurry of puppy kisses in response. The beagles barked happily at the overjoyed puppy.

“Aw, isn’t that sweet?” Suho cooed.

"It's kinda gross." Sehun said with a sneer.

“Well, we saved the best for last.” Kris said, stretching his arms over his head. The man always acted like everything he did took a huge amount of effort.

“Oh, just go already.” Luhan said.

“Yeah, so we can get to your special gift.” Baekhyun said, eyes waggling.

“Uh, right.” Kris was still curious as to what this gift could be. It must be something special if all of the hybrids pre-planned it together. The only way to figure it out would be to get his turn done with.

“Well, I have a lot of things to say.” Kris began.

“Of course you do. You have the most pets.” Sehun mewed. Lay shushed the kitten.

“I’ll start with Tao and work my way backwards.” Kris said.

“So he can save Chanyeol for last.” Sehun whispered to the bunny next to him. Lay chuckled quietly.

“Oooooh, I bet I know why.” Kai barked happily.

“Kai, shhhhh.” D.O. said. Kris was confused by all of the whispering, but blocked it out to continue with his speech.

“When Taozi came to me, he was a shy little guy who really didn’t know Korean all that well. He struggled a lot and tended to rely on Mandarin. And wasn’t comfortable with the dogs at all. He even had to stay in my room with me for a while when he first moved it.” Everyone, including Tao, nodded well aware of the boy’s humble beginnings with Kris.

“But now, he’s almost unrecognizable. His Korean is getting much better and he’s nearly fluent. And he and he’s perfectly comfortable with the beagles. He’s like an entirely new cat and I couldn’t be any more proud of him.”

“Xiè Xiè.” Tao whispered quietly, sincerely. Kris nodded, but the others didn’t seem to notice the small, mischievous glint in his eyes.

“And, if you don’t believe me, I’ve got pics of them sleeping all on top of each other on all of my electronic devices.” Kris finished off with a laugh.

“Hey!” Tao whined, now pouting. “I’ve got pictures of you snuggling on top of other people, too.”

“Oooooh, I bet it’s with Chany-!” Kai’s mouth was once again grabbed by Chen.

“Will you be quiet?!” The older dog scolded.

“Anyway, let’s move on.” Kris said. He readjusted his hat even though it hadn’t be moved in the first place.

“It’s Chen Chen’s turn.” Baekhyun giggled, wiggling in his chair.

“I know that Chen doesn’t like us to talk about his past much, but there are some things that need to be said to talk about how much he’s grown.”

“It’s fine hyung.” Chen said. Kris looked at the pup. He was smiling and his body was relaxed. He seemed truly okay with the situation. Kris smiled and nodded.

“Thank you Chen. There’s some of his growth right there.” Kris’s gummy smile was slowly making its entrance. “So, Chen, or rather Jongdae, came to us as a stray. He’d been living in front of a supermarket where he faced…ahem, very unpleasant treatment from other people.”

Everyone could feel the atmosphere in the room change. It was silent, with all eyes on Kris, but some glancing back at Chen every once in a while.

“Chanyeol and Baekhyun came across him one day and asked if he could stay with us until he found his own place. Well, naturally, I figured he wouldn’t be going anywhere.” A few knowing chuckles from the humans were heard. “But I was happy to see them so happy with their new friend, so I didn’t mind. And we gave him the nickname Chen because of some orange pants he was wearing that day.

“Hey, he’s wearing some orange ones now!” Luhan exclaimed, noticing Chen’s attire.

“Woah, did you do that on purpose?~” Lay asked.

“Yep!” Chen chirped, proudly.

“Heh, looking back on it, it was kind of a really silly reason.” Kris chuckled.

“I think Chen really suits him.” Xiumin smiled.

“Yeah, honestly, sometimes I forget that it’s not your real name, Dae.” Luhan added.

“Honestly, so do I.” Chen laughed. And soon the entire room was filled with laughs and questions demanding how that was even possible.

Kris smiled as he continued. “Anyway, we soon realized that Chen wasn’t just any ordinary beagle. He had really curly poodle hair, plus those distinctive feline features. Plus his behavior was much different than Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s. He was kind of stubborn and lazy, unlike the ever helpful beagles.” Kris looked at Chen one last time to make sure that he was okay with him continuing. The small nod he received was the sign that it was fine.

“Adding that together, it was clear that Chen was a very unique guy. A half beagle, half mini-poodle, half cat hybrid.”

“Wouldn’t that be thirds instead of halves?” Sehun muttered under his breath. His comment seemed to go unnoticed to all, but Suho who covered his mouth to hide his chuckles.

“Chen, understandably wasn’t too fond of humans. He was fearful around anyone that wasn’t one of us in here. And he relied on us a lot whenever he was rudely confronted. But in time, he got over his fears of humans and now is quick to stand up for himself and his friends.”

“I remember that day when you and Baekhyun were harassed at the park and came to Seok and I for comfort. And then you even left afterwards.” Luhan said.

“But then we heard that you went back for Baekhyun, because you wanted to be brave for him.” Xiumin added. "We knew then that you were starting to do better with your fears. That took courage."

“And then a few weeks ago you protected me while we were at the vet’s office when that mean receptionist was making fun of me. Thank you for that Chen hyung.” Tao said, nuzzling against Chen’s face.

“Good job.” Baekhyun whispered, patting Chen’s back.

“I’m proud that Chen is braver now too, but I think the thing I like the most about Chen now is how he isn’t afraid to act like a cat anymore.” Chanyeol said sincerely. “He would never meow or play like a cat in front of us for the longest time. But now he does it much more.” Chanyeol’s comment didn’t surprise Kris. The tallest beagle was always the one most concerned about Chen embracing his feline half. Chen smiled at the others.

“Well, Taozi deserves a kitty friend at the house.” Chen said, rubbing back against Tao. “And I’m happy to be that cat, just for him.” Chanyeol smiled gleefully to himself. Part of it was due to the super cute moment in front of him, but another was due to the fact that that was the first time he’d heard Chen refer to himself as a cat with words. He didn’t want to make a big deal of it now, but he’d certainly praise him once they returned home.

“Heh, well all in all, Chen has seriously grown from when he first came home, and we’re all super proud of him.” Kris said in closure.

“Nice hyung.” Suho nodded. Everyone took a moment of silence to let the mood return to normal. Surprisingly, it was Chen who spoke first.

“Well, c’mon. It’s Baek’s turn to get roasted!” The pup barked.

“Wooooooooooooooooooo! Yeah, let’s keep going!” Chanyeol howled in agreement.

“Wae?” Squealed the dog in question.

“Of course, of course.” Kris said. “Well, like Kai, Baekkie hasn’t changed much since I bought him, so there’s not much to say about differences.”

“Lame. Next.” Sehun remarked, half hiss, half chuckle. Lay lightly nipped his fluttering tail, causing the kitten to let out a small yip.

“But, if there’s anything I can say about Baekhyun, he’s the perfect big brother.”

“I thought that was me…~” Lay whined, cutely. Quiet giggles and cooes were heard around the room.

“Baekhyun takes care of all of the kids as if they were his own. He comforts Taozi in rainstorms, he protects Chen from rude people, he’s the only one who can comfort Chanyeol when he’s upset, heck he even helps me out when I need something.” Kris smiled at Baekhyun as he spoke. He hadn’t thought about it much until he had sat down to think of what he was going to say about Baekhyun at the party, but the eldest dog, truly was an amazing hyung to his dongseangs.

“He may not look like the most sensitive guy, and honestly, he really isn’t.”

“Hey…” Baekhyun whined. Kris had to hold in a laugh as he looked at the pup. He was totally slouched on Chanyeol’s left shoulder and he could see the older dog lightly scratching the younger on his neck, right under his collar.

“I mean, he really just wants the best for everyone, and sometimes he’ll be a bit pushy in those aspects. But above all, he’s really just a total sweetheart.” Kris finished his speech and smiled at his oldest hybrid. Chanyeol leaned over and Baekhyun’s cheek a few times.

“It’s funny because Baekhyun likes to act all tough, but he’s really just a big softie.” Suho chuckled.

“Yeah, he’s always taking care of the others.” Xiumin agreed, rubbing his deer’s antlers. “No matter what they ask for, he’ll do it for them with no questions asked.”

“Especially if it’s Taozi.” Kai laughed. “Baekkie spoils him more than anyone else.” Baekhyun wanted to reply with a witty come back, but honestly he was at a loss for what he could say. It was true, he did spoil Tao. Plus, Tao’s tail being gently wrapped around his waist, lightly brushing against his tummy was making it hard for him to make any sort of joke about him. So the beagle just wrapped his arm around the kitty and let the moment be.

“Eh, whatever.” He said quietly.

“Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.” The loud cooing once again sounded though the room.

“And last but not least…” Kris said, walking over to stand next to very first hybrid. “My special Yeollie.” He leaned down and planted a kiss on the pup’s head. And of course, Chanyeol started blushing madly. So much so that he buried his reddening face in Baekhyun’s hair.

“How cute!” Suho squealed.

“Oh boy, this is gonna be good.” Sehun said. The rainbow haired kitten began mischievously rubbing his hands together.

“Chanyeol is a special guy. He’s the first hybrid I ever owned. From the very beginning, he wanted to do everything for me. Cook, clean, bathe, you name it. And he couldn’t stand to be away from me when I was at home. Chanyeol was so clingy that I needed to get 3 extra hybrids for him to play with while I went to work.” The tall man laughed, gummy smile in full force.

“Hee hee, we’re just playthings for Chanyeol.” Chen whispered to Baekhyun, chuckling lightly. Baekhyun playfully nudged the other, each enjoying the humor of their owner’s joke.

“I’ll admit, we had some problems. Chanyeol has always wanted everything to be perfect for me, so much so that he was willing to suffer if he thought I’d be happy as a result of it.” Kris spoke in a more serious tone, though a small smile could still be seen on his face.

“He struggled with me giving more attention to Tao when he first moved in, even though he didn’t show it. He growled at him once and even messed up my bed because he was upset at not being able to sleep there in so long.” Kris continued, glancing at Chanyeol every once in a while. He knew it was hard for the pup to remember those traumatic events. He could see Chanyeol quietly nod, signaling to him that he was okay.

“But we talked and I reminded Chanyeol that I was the one who was supposed to take care of him, not the other way around. And Chanyeol agreed to let go and not worry too much about making sure I was happy. And from then on, everything was perfect.” Kris said, fully gummy smile returning. He could hear Chanyeol giggling as well.

“Chanyeol is an amazing pet. Everyone is his friend. Even people he’s just met. He takes care of every human and hybrid he interacts with. And he’s the most affectionate pup I’ve ever met.”

“I’ll admit, I was afraid of Chanyeol at first.” D.O. said shyly. “Really big dogs always made me nervous, but Chanyeol was super gentle and really sweet. It makes me laugh thinking I used to be scared of him.” The short red head laughed.

“Yeollie really is the sweetest dog. He just loves everyone. His love of cats is also amazing and the passion he had on studying how to interact with cats, and then sharing that information with others, was really helpful in getting Sehun and Tao to become so dog friendly.” Suho said, gently scratching Sehun’s ear.

“Mrrroooww.” Came a quiet mew of agreement from Sehun.

“If it weren’t for Chanyeol, I probably still wouldn’t be okay acknowledging that I’m…part cat.” Chen said, smiling at being able to say it in one go. Chanyeol beamed once again, even more proud of the catdog. “He was the first one to not make me feel ashamed or embarrassed about having cat DNA. He and Baekhyun still treated me like any normal dog and never pressured me to talk about it when it was uncomforatble fo me.”

“I’m sure we could all go on forever about how amazing Chanyeol is, and honestly he deserves it. Chanyeol is probably the greatest pet and person that I’ve even known and I couldn’t imagine my life without him.” Kris leaned over so he was face to face with his silver haired pup. “I love you, Canliè.” And Kris pressed his lips to Chanyeol’s.

“Aish, get a room you too.” Sehun chuckled.

“Nah, let them keep at it.” Xiumin laughed.

“As long as they don’t go too far.” D.O. added. Loud laughs echoed around the room as the two kept their kiss going for a few more seconds before breaking apart.

“Actually this is fine, because it’s a nice segue into your own gift.” Chanyeol said. Kris didn’t notice the smirk on the dog’s face.

“Huh?” And before Kris could get another word out, he found himself on the floor with Chanyeol hovering on top of him. He could hear a low growl rumble in his throat.

“Wae?!”

“What the?!!”

“Is this really happening?” Xiumin exclaimed.

“Uh….Ch- Chanyeol.” Kris sputtered, unable to register what was truly going on.

“Yes hyung?” Chanyeol asked, sitting down on his owner’s crotch. Kris struggled to hold back a moan.

“What…what are you doing?”

“Giving you your present.” He said with an innocent smile. “Guys…” Next thing everyone knew, they were pinned to the ground by their own hybrids in a similar predicament to Kris. Lay and Sehun each grabbed an arm and held Suho down. Luhan wrapped himself around Xiumin’s body before knocking him to the floor. Kai pounced on D.O. and began attacking him with a flurry of kisses. And Baekhyun, Chen, and Tao circled around Kris and Chanyeol.

“Wait wait wait…this is the present you’ve all been talking about?” Xiumin asked, just as confused as everyone else.

“This is what you all planned?” D.O. gasped, struggling not to start making out with the toy poodle his face.

“Yep~” Lay answered. He leaned down to rub his head against Suho. Sehun was already using his tail to rub up against Suho’s tummy.

“But guys, we can’t…I mean…not like this…” Suho said. He could barely make out any words what with the way his hybrids were teasing him.

“Why not?” Tao asked. He leaned over and Kris’s left ear while Chen did the same to the right.

“Because…argh…because…this is supposed to be private…” Kris answered.

“We’re all friends here. This is supposed to be our anniversary anyway.” Baekhyun smiled, pressing a kiss on Kris’s lips.

“And what better way to celebrate it?” Chanyeol tilted his head cutely as he asked his owner.

“I just, I…” Kris couldn’t believe that his and everyone else’s hybrids had not only planned to basically mate following their party, but that they had no problem being in the same room together.

“Please hyung…” Chanyeol whined, cute puppy ears raised into the air. Kris remained quiet for a moment, honestly it was still hard to think with the way all of his hybrids were surrounding him and making him want to do certain things to them.

“It’s your house Xiumin.” Kris said eventually. “What do you think?” Soon all of the humans’ attention was on the small man who had Luhan wrapped around him like a blanket.

“Well…I mean it’s kind of hard to say no to this.” Xiumin replied, referring to the deer who was rubbing his body all over his owner, his scent completely marking the shorter male.

“I’ll take that as a yes.” The deer said, latching his lips onto his owner’s.

“Hey, what ever happened to privacy, hyung?” Kai laughed. He turned back to his owner to see him smirking, already in the motion of pulling off his shirt. Kai’s tail wagged as he prepared for what he knew was about to come.

Suho rotated between kissing Lay and Sehun. Each needily took to rubbing their bodies onto him and nibbling different parts of his face when they weren’t being kissed.

“This is weird…but this is nice.” Suho moaned in-between a kiss from Lay.

“Hurry, up. It’s my turn.” Sehun hissed.

“Start getting undressed and we’ll switch up.” Lay said in a voice that was much rougher than his typical one.

Somehow Kris found himself completely on the floor. It happened so fast that he wasn’t even sure how.

“Alright, I’ll take Taozi and Chen Chen for now.” Baekhyun said. “You can have Kris all to yourself, Yeollie.” Baekhyun turned around to see the kitty hybrids already fondeling each other. Tao's long plumed tail was inside Chen's pants, the older boy wiggling around sporadically.

"Ugh, hurry up hyung. This kid is such a tease." Chen moaned. Baekhyun chuckled before lowering his head to Tao's waist.

Chanyeol, also minus his torn open shirt, smiled as he was left face to face with his precious Kris.

“Are you ready, hyung.” Chanyeol asked, tail wagging happily.

“More than ever.” He replied, huge gummy smile on his face.

“I love you Yifan hyung, happy anniversary.” Chanyeol said, readying himself.

“I love you too, Canlie. Happy anniversary.” Kris replied.


Well there you go. I decided that since I can't write actual to save my life, I'll just set up the scene so you guys can fill I the rest for yourselves. I figured that you all deserved something for sticking through with this fic for so long so hopefully that will be good enough.

I’d like to thank everyone who always supported me for this long. Without you guys this series might not have lasted as long as it did. Thanks for joining me on this wonderful journey with Three Beagles and a Kitty and as always, thanks for reading J