My Dear Deer

Three Beagles and a Kitty: Epilogues

Today has been a really wacky day, so sorry for the lateness of this upload. Hopefully you all enjoy it though :)


Luhan had been acting strange lately, Xiumin noticed. The deer hadn’t been his usual clingy self. Of course he was still clingy in general, but it was much less than usual and it was driving Xiumin crazy. He hadn’t been insisting on following his owner into the shower as much as usual, he wasn’t cooking as much food as he normally did, nor had he even been feeding him at every meal. Needless to say, Xiumin was close to losing it. Sure he did find Luhan a bit suffocating at times, but this sudden change with no kind of warning was almost too much to handle. He was definitely missing his deer’s cuddly antics. And he was intent on finding out the reason for his deer’s peculiar behavior.

“What do you think it is, hyung?” D.O. asked as he spoke to him over the phone. Since D.O. was the only one of Xiumin’s friends who also owned only one hybrid, he thought he’d be the easiest to speak to about this issue.

“I don’t know. It’s so weird. He’s never acted like this before.” Xiumin replied in a whisper. He was spying on Luhan from another room as the deer prepared dinner and didn’t want the other to hear.

“Has he said anything, you know…odd?”

“No, nothing. Actually, he’s been a lot quieter lately.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. And it’s super weird.” Xiumin sighed. “I’m usually the quiet one and he tries to get me to talk. But recently it’s been the other way around.”

“Woah, that is strange.”

“And Kai’s never acted like this before?” Xiumin asked. Of course he wasn’t suggesting that Kai and D.O. would be having issues. He just though that Luhan’s behavior might have been based on being an only hybrid and was curious as if the young toy poodle had ever done anything similar. Being close to his owner’s own age, Luhan didn’t really look to Xiumin to fix his issues. Whenever the deer had a problem he’d keep it to himself and figure out how to handle it on his own. Kai on the other hand was a bit younger than D.O. so he was more open to telling the older man when something was wrong.

“Never that I can remember.” D.O. replied.

“Aigoo. I’m just so nervous. This is so unlike him.”

“Why don’t you just ask him hyung?”

“I mean, I don’t know.” Xiumin sighed. Truthfully, that was the most obvious move to make in terms of getting down to the problem. And Xiumin had been considering it. But, he just couldn't think of the words to say. Anytime he thought he’d mustered up enough courage to attempt it, he’d chicken out at the last second. “I guess I’m just…afraid.”

“Afraid? Of what?”

Xiumin sighed. “Of what his answer will be.” He said shyly.

“Oh. Yeah, that’s understandable.” D.O. replied. Truthfully he was at a loss as well. He’d never had to give his hyungs advice before. It was always the other way around. But he could definitely understand Xiumin’s fears. Heck, he’d probably be the same way if he was in a similar predicament with Kai.

“But you’re right, Soo. I should just hurry up and ask him what’s going on.” Xiumin thought about it and figured it was worse to let the issue continue rather than trying to help Luhan before he started getting more upset. What if Luhan hit his breaking point tomorrow? Xiumin would never forgive himself if he messed up the opportunity to figure out what was bothering his pet due to his own cowardice.

“It’s for the best, hyung. You don’t want to wait until it’s too late.”

“Yeah.” Xiumin peered at Luhan behind the wall one more time. “I don’t.”

 

Xiumin sat at the dinner table, staring at his own hands as he twiddled his thumbs while Luhan prepared their dinner plates. He was nervous. He was going to take D.O.’s advice and finally ask Luhan if anything was bothering him. But he had no idea what Luhan would say. What if he wasn’t happy anymore and was feeling neglected? Was he unhappy with how much Xiumin had been working lately? Maybe he didn’t think Xiumin cared that much about him anymore. What if…he wanted to leave?

All possible worst case scenarios flew around Xiumin’s brain as he tried to deduce what Luhan’s problem could have been. He was so caught up in his thoughts that he hadn’t noticed that Luhan had set his plate in front of him.

“Xiumin?” Luhan said quietly.

“Huh?”

“Are you okay?” The deer eyed at the plate in front of his owner.

“I…I…” Xiumin was at a loss for words. Should he ask Luhan now? Or maybe wait until after dinner? But would that be too late?

“Yes, Seok?”

“Why haven’t you been feeding me lately?” It wasn’t really the first thing he wanted to ask, but the question just slipped out. Though, honestly, this change in Luhan’s behavior had been bothering him the most.

“Er, I…well um…it's...you know...uh...” the deer stuttered, something quite uncommon for him. In fact, Xiumin didn’t think he’d ever seen Luhan that nervous before. This was definitely something serious.

This was it. Xiumin had to ask now.

“Luhan, you’ve been acting really strange lately. I just need to know…are you unhappy here?”

It was the hardest question Xiumin could have ever asked his hybrid. He was more nervous for the answer than anything, but he needed to know.

“What?! No, never! I love it here. I love you Minseok.” Luhan’s tone was very soft and endearing. Xiumin could tell that he definitely meant what he was saying. But if he was still happy, why he had been acting so strange?

“Then why have you been acting so…off? Is something wrong? Please, I need to know Han.” Xiumin rarely ever called Luhan by his first name. In fact it was so infrequent, sometimes Luhan thought that Xiumin forgot his real name. But of course he didn’t. He could never forget something like that. But Luhan was clearly taken off guard by it. The fact that he currently resembled, well… a deer caught in headlights certainly emphasized that fact.

“I…um…I…”

“Please, Luhan.”

There was a silence. The first awkward silence the duo had experienced. Both of their hearts were beating rapidly, each male nervous about what was about to happen next.

“I’m sorry, Min.” Luhan finally said. “I didn’t mean to act like this.”

“What’s wrong?” Xiumin was literally shaking. He was so nervous as to what could have been causing Luhan to become so upset. But he tried to remain as calm as possible. He needed to hear Luhan’s answer.

“I…um…” Luhan began. He’d been staring at his plate the entire time, and only just looked up at his owner. He took a deep breath before speaking. “Kim Minseok, will you go on a date with me?”

And all of the blood rushed out of Xiumin’s brain. He literally couldn’t think. He’d barely registered what Luhan had said and for a second he thought he’d misheard him. The shorter man felt like he was sweating bullets and was about to melt on the floor. And he didn’t even need a mirror to know that he was blushing like crazy.

“A date? With me?” he whispered finally.

“Mmm Hmm.”

“Really? Like a real date?”

“Yes, Seok.”

It took all of Xiumin's strength not to pass out from nervousness. “I…I don’t know what to say.” Xiumin stuttered. It’s not that he didn’t want to go on a date with the deer. He had nothing against dating hybrids of course. But he would have never thought that something like this was the source of Luhan’s strange behavior. He also never imagined that anyone, especially someone as beautiful and amazing as Luhan would want to date someone as plain and boring as him.

“Well, a ‘yes’ would be nice.” Luhan said with a small smile. Probably trying to ease the mood.

Xiumin took several deep breaths before calmly giving his response. “I, yes. Yes I’d love to go on a date with you.”

“You would?” Luhan asked. And if Xiumin didn’t know any better, he almost thought he saw tears in Luhan’s eyes.

“Of course, Han.” Xiumin’s gummy smile shined brightly as he laughed to himself. He was almost dumbfounded at how he’d been overacting before this moment. Luhan appeared happier than Xiumin had ever seen him before and before he knew it, the deer had leapt out of his chair and happily pounced on top of his owner, his entire face with his long, sticky tounge.

“Is that why you’ve been acting so distant lately?” Xiumin asked.

“I…I didn’t know how to ask you. And I kept getting scared that you’d say no. And recently I’d just been so nervous that I started avoiding you. I’m sorry Xiumin.” Luhan said, his eyes focused on the floor. It was clear that he’d felt bad.

“It’s okay, Lulu. I’m just happy that you weren’t upset with me.”

“Did you think that? I’m sorry for giving off that impression.” Luhan whispered. He rubbed his head against Xiumin’s. An act of apology. Xiumin kissed the deer’s pink hair and chuckled lightly.

“It’s good Lu.”

“Thank you.” The deer said, smiling shyly at his owner.

“No, thank you.”

The duo had forgotten about their dinner for a while, simply enjoying each other’s presence and comfort for a while. And it wasn’t until Xiumin’s stomach growled that they remembered what they’d been doing previously. The shorter man blushed and both chuckled.

“Well, I guess this is as good a time as any to get back to normal.” Luhan said, grabbing a set of chopsticks and reaching for some bulgogi. Xiumin smiled and accepted the food, agreeing wholeheartedly with Luhan.

 

‘A date? Seriously, hyung?’ Kris’s message read. At first when Luhan had told Xiumin that he wanted to go on a date with him, he was incredibly happy. But after dinner, that excitedness turned into pure anxiety as he realized that he’d never been on a date before. Especially one with his best friend; a super pretty deer hybrid. Thus he had no idea what he should do other than to ask his friends. He decided that the simplest way to ask would be to message everyone in a group chat room online.

It was something they did frequently when one of them had a problem and needed everyone’s help yet didn’t feel like making 3 different phone calls. Plus being able to speak to each other at the same time was helpful in getting everyone’s opinions at once. The only thing the men didn’t like was how their hybrids had talked them into picking the screen names that they had.

Baozi hyung: Yeah, seriously. He replied.

Rich hyung: That’s so cute~ :) Suho typed.

Baozi hyung: ‘Aigooo, Myeon:/ What do I do?’

Rich hyung: Beats me :p

Baozi hyung: Aish…

Baozi hyung: >:(

Squishy Soo: Shouldn’t we be asking Kris hyung what to do?

Galaxy hyung: Me? Why me?

Squishy Soo: You have the most experience with stuff like this.

Galaxy hyung: I do?

Rich hyung: Well you and Chanyeol are a couple after all.

Galaxy hyung: We are not a couple.

Galaxy hyung: Not like a ‘couple’ couple anyway.

Squishy Soo: Riiiiigggghhhht~

Galaxy hyung: We’re not >:(

Baozi hyung: What are you then?

Galaxy hyung: We’re just friends.

Rich hyung: You guys seem to act a lot more friendly than most ‘just friends’ that I know of.

Baozi hyung: Yeah, most ‘just friends’ don’t make out and cuddle like you guys do.

Galaxy hyung:

Galaxy hyung: Aigoo~ :(

Rich hyung: Aw :)

Baozi hyung: Guys focus. What do I do about my date with Luhan?

Squishy Soo: Just be yourself, hyung. Lu hyung loves you just the way you are. You don’t need to do anything special.

Rich hyung: Yeah, just like Kris hyung and Yeollie.

Galaxy hyung: We’re just friends.

Squishy Soo: Of course you are~

Baozi hyung: Alright alright. I have to get going. Thanks guys.

Rich hyung: No problem, hyung.

 

Meanwhile, Luhan was equally concerned about the upcoming date. So much that he was getting nervous, almost to the point of wanting to call it off. But he couldn’t do that. He’d spend too many weeks thinking about this and he’d finally gotten the courage to ask. He had to through with it now. Unsurprisingly, came up with the same plan as his owner. He jumped onto the special chatroom that the humans had prepared for their hybrids to speak to one another.

Baozi’s Deer: Guys, what do I do?

Unicorn healing bunny: I’m so proud of you Lu-ge. You finally asked Xiumin hyung on a date~

Rainbow Cat: We already went through that, Xing :/

Unicorn healing bunny: Oh yea~

AB Panda Kitty Peach TaoTao: I think you should buy him flowers.

AB Panda Kitty Peach TaoTao: Oh, and yarn~

ChennyChenChen: He won’t want that. Xiu hyung isn’t a cat:/

Beef hyung: Exactly. Get him some treats.

Elf Yeollie: I don’t think Xiu hyung wants to eat dog food.

Beef hyung: Squeaky toys then?

ChennyChenChen: Aren’t you supposed to be the oldest? Where are the good ideas?

Rainbow Cat: Dogs are so dumb.

Unicorn healing bunny: Don’t be mean Sehunnie >:(

Baozi’s Deer: Guuuuyyysss~

KamJong: Just be yourself, hyung.

KamJong: Xiumin hyung will love anything you do.

Beef hyung: Exactly ;)

AB Panda Kitty Peach TaoTao: What are you guys going to do anyway?

Baozi’s Deer: I’m taking him out to eat.

ChennyChenChen: You mean, to a restaurant?

ChennyChenChen: With lots of people?

Baozi’s Deer: Well, yes.

Baozi’s Deer: But it’s in a more hybrid friendly area. So it should be fine.

Beef hyung: That’s great hyung.

Elf Yeollie: Yeah, it should be fun.

Unicorn healing bunny: Yay~

Unicorn healing bunny: I hope you have fun~

Rainbow Cat: Don’t make a fool of yourself hyung…

KamJong: You’ll be great hyung :)

AB Panda Kitty Peach TaoTao: Don’t forget the flowers, ge.

Beef hyung: And make sure you kiss him~

Elf Yeollie: Hee hee

Rainbow Cat: Ew

Unicorn healing bunny: Aw~

Baozi’s deer: Um, are you ‘siblings’ all on separate computers?

AB Panda Kitty Peach TaoTao: I’m on my phone.

Beef hyung: Me too.

ChennyChenChen: Me 2

ChennyChenChen: I mean 3

Elf Yeollie: I’m on my iPad. And me and Baek are in the same room.

Beef hyung: Baek and I.

Unicorn healing bunny: Sehunnie and I are in the same room on our Laptops:)~

Rainbow Cat: Unfortunately:/

Unicorn healing bunny: :(

KamJong: Sometimes it’s nice being an only pet.

Baozi’s Deer : You said it.

 

10 pm and everyone was off their phones and other electronic devices. Everything had returned to normal in the Kim-Lu household. Luhan bathed Xiumin in the shower and fed him a pre-bedtime snack. And as usual, he sang his owner to sleep and peppered kisses across his sleeping face. Or at least, he thought he was asleep. Truthfully, Xiumin was so nervous about the date tomorrow that he couldn’t relax. But he pretended to be asleep for Luhan’s sake. So Luhan could enjoy singing to him and kissing him like usual. Right now, Xiumin’s only thoughts were to keep Luhan happy.

Tomorrow’s the big day. Everything has to be perfect. I can’t mess this up. Luhan is too excited about this. I have to make sure everything is perfect for him.

 

Luhan and Xiumin were both nervous. It was almost funny, considering that they lived in the same house. They could literally see how anxious and awkward the other was acting.

Luhan was running from room to room, seemingly trying to fix his hair, clothes, and face all at the same time. He and Xiumin had decided to dress casually. There was no need to go overboard and dress up to try to impress someone they already knew anyway. And it’s not like they would have thought any less of the other. So Luhan had put on a shirt he’d purchased on a trip with Xiumin. It was a business trip that his owner had been lucky enough to take his hybrid on along with him. Though the human was really busy for most of the trip, on the final day, Luhan and Xiumin bought matching shirts and took a picture to remember the event. They had become the deer’s favorite clothing item since then.

Xiumin had been wandering around mumbling to himself for the past few hours. And in that time he’d changed his shirt, pants, and shoes about 5 times. As soon as he put something on and deemed it good, he’d find it to be the ugliest thing ever in the next few minutes. The blond man was starting to get anxious. He knew he must have looked ridiculous to Luhan.

“Ugh, this isn’t good. I’m wasting so much time. I need to pick an outfit, now.” Xiumin whispered to himself.

“Um…Xiumin?”

Luhan was standing in the doorway to their shared room. He was holding up one of Ximin’s favorite outfits. It was just a normal T-shirt with the word Berlin printed on it. And he soon noticed that Luhan was also wearing his own version of the shirt; the only difference being the color of the word. Xiumin smiled. He knew how special those shirts were to Luhan. He loved being able to go on that business trip with his owner.

“I…er, well…if you haven’t picked anything out yet. I just thought that maybe…” Xiumin had already made it in front of Luhan and taken the shirt from him.

“This is perfect. Thanks Lulu.” Xiumin said.

“I mean, you don’t have to wear it if you don’t want to. I just thought it would be nice if we both had on our shirts.” The deer said with a large blush on his face.

“For our first date, I wouldn’t wear anything else.” Xiumin pulled the deer ‘s face towards his own and pressed their lips together. He hadn’t intended for it to be much, but then Luhan cupped his tiny hyung’s face and deepened the kiss. It lasted for nearly a minute and a half before each of them pulled back. Luhan blushed in embarrassment.

“Sorry.”

“Heh, let’s save that for after the date.” Xiumin said with a smirk.

 

The two men arrived to the restaurant rather early. After finally getting dressed, Luhan insisted that they leave immediately. He didn’t want anything to possibly go wrong, like losing their table or something. Xiumin didn’t see the need to leave so early, but this was Luhan’s special date, so he’d do anything the deer wanted of him. He grabbed a jean jacket in case it was cold in the restaurant or when they left, and Luhan put a cap on. Obviously the younger boy was opposed to it at first, thinking it was too casual for something like this, but Xiumin suggested it as he felt like it would help the deer relax.

“Besides, now we’re wearing the same outfit as when we first bought the shirts.” Xiumin said, as they looked over the menus.

“Hm, I guess you’re right, Min.” Luhan replied with a sheepish laugh.

“This is a really nice place Luhan.” It really was. It wasn’t a 5 star restaurant by far, but it was very clean and well decorated. Chandeliers hung over every table, the table cloth was very soft, and there were beautiful pieces of art adorning the walls.

“Is it really? Are you sure? We can leave if you don’t like it.” The deer said nervously. He wasn’t looking Xiumin in the eyes, obviously still nervous. The shorter man chuckled and placed his hand over his hybrid’s. The action caused Luhan to look up at his owner, and he was met with soft eyes and a bright smile.

“Everything is fine Lulu. No need to be nervous.” He rubbed his thumb over Luhan’s hand.

Luhan sighed. “I’m sorry, Seok.” Xiumin started to feel really bad. He could only imagine how Luhan was feeling right now. Of course he knew that the deer had a crush on him, but he’d never acted this nervous around his owner before. Not even when they first met. The men had also had some nice dinners at home that sometimes felt ‘date-like’ and Luhan had never acted like any of them were a big deal. So on one hand, it was totally understandable as to why Luhan would be feeling a bit more nervous going on a real date.

At the same time, Xiumin was a bit shocked at how overall nervous Luhan actually seemed. He wasn’t speaking that much, held very little eye contact with his owner, and was visibly very jittery. Xiumin really couldn’t comprehend the thought that he was the cause of his deer’s mannerisms. Did Luhan really like him that much? Was he that worried about Xiumin not enjoying himself?

“Lu-ge, don’t be like this. Relax. I just want you to be yourself. Just be the cute, pretty deer that I already love so much.” And Xiumin could see Luhan visibly relax from the look in his eyes. His body became much less tense and he’d stopped shivering altogether.

“Okay. I’ll try. Thank you Xiumin.”

“Just think of it like we’re eating at home, Lu-ge. Just you and me and no one else around.” The man spread his arms out as if to illustrate his point.

“I will. Thank you.” Luhan smiled for the first time since they’d arrived at the restaurant.

Xiumin giggled to himself. It was kind of funny how Luhan, the one who normally calmed him down when he was nervous, now needed to be relaxed by his owner. It was almost cute how shy the deer was acting. But despite how adorable Xiumin found it to be, what mattered the most was making sure that Luhan was enjoying himself.

“So…what do you think you’re going to order, Min?” Luhan asked. There was a bit of a stutter, but the deer certainly seemed to be relaxing.

“I’m not sure yet. What about you?”

“I mean, I guess the only thing available for me would be a salad.” Luhan chuckled, eyeing the menu deeply.

“Oh yeah.” There was a bit of sadness behind Xiumin’s voice. It was hard enough for all hybrids in general to enjoy themselves on an outing, but it was especially difficult for herbivore hybrids to be able to have a good outside dining experience. The simple truth was that most restaurants were meat heavy, with few options for herbivores other than a plain garden salad.

“It’s okay, Min. Don’t worry about me. I’m fine with just a salad.”

“I just wish they gave you guys more options. And didn’t you say this is supposed to by a hybrid friendly place? How come don’t they have more choices available?” Xiumin asked, genuinely confused.

“Heh, I think ‘hybrid friendly’ just means they won’t kick us out as fast.”

“Lu-ge…” Xiumin should have known better. He should have figured that the place wasn’t any more hybrid friendly than any other place. In fact, he was just noticing how there didn’t seem to be anything special to hybrids within the restaurant. The menu didn’t offer any special hybrid foods, there were no hybrid restrooms, not even a single image of a hybrid anywhere. Heck, aside from Luhan, he’d only seen one other hybrid in the building.

“Min, please don’t worry about me. It’s fine, really.”

“So this place isn’t hybrid friendly?” Xiumin didn’t mean to sound that upset. He knew why Luhan would stretch the truth about the place to him, but he still didn’t like it. It bothered him whenever his dearest pet wasn’t totally honest with him.

“I doesn’t matter. This is all about you tonight.”

“Luhan, this is for both of us. You should enjoy yourself just as much as me tonight.”

“All I need is for you to enjoy yourself for me to be happy.” Luhan said seriously.

“Well, I can’t be happy if you’re not happy.” Xiumin replied his voice slightly louder.

Both men sighed. Each was displeased with how everything was going and they hadn’t even ordered their meal yet. Xiumin knew that Luhan meant well, but there was no way he could enjoy a nice, romantic date if the object of his affections wasn’t as happy as he was.

“I’m sorry, Luhan. I know you want this to be special for me, but I can’t enjoy myself if you aren’t. I couldn’t care less about how fancy the restaurant is. It’s nothing compared to you.” The shorter man rested his hand on top of the deer’s. Luhan stared silently at his menu for nearly an entire minute without saying a word.

“Do you…want to leave?” Luhan asked quietly. Xiumin paused. Truly he didn’t want to leave after Luhan spent so much work setting everything up. But at the same time, if there was a risk of Luhan being mistreated, he’d be much more comfortable just going somewhere else.

“I just want both of us to have a good time.” Xiumin said sincerely. “This is supposed to be something special for us and I want to enjoy it to the fullest.”

Luhan was quiet again. Xiumin felt bad for his deer. He knew how important this was to him and he felt like he ruining it.

“Well…how can we enjoy it to the fullest?” Luhan asked finally. It wasn’t what Xiumin expected him to ask. And honestly, he really didn’t have an answer. All he wanted was to have a good time with his precious deer hybrid.

“Excuse me, are you two ready to…oh…um…” Both Xiumin and Luhan were slightly startled by the waitress. Xiumin because he was so focused in his thoughts and Luhan because of the way the woman reacted to him. Xiumin could instantly tell from the look on her face that the woman was not 100% comfortable with a deer hybrid sitting in the restaurant. It was obvious that she hadn’t noticed that Luhan was a hybrid at first. It was more common than most people would think. Sure he had the antlers and tail, but his antlers were rather small and could easily be missed at a distance. Same with his tail. But Xiumin was already turned away just from this girl’s first reaction. He was already predicting an unpleasant night, and didn’t want any troubles for Luhan.

“Actually, now that I think about it…” Xiumin began, looking at Luhan rather than the waitress. “Can we order our meals to-go?”

 

“Aish, let me finish chewing first Lu.” Xiumin pouted, his words slightly unclear due to the food in his mouth.”

“You’re just so cute when you eat. I can’t take it.” Luhan cooed, lowering his meat bun holding hand.

“At this rate, I’ll start choking.”

Xiumin quickly swallowed what he’d been chewing so Luhan could feed him another piece of food. The pink haired deer happily offered him another meat bun, and simply watched him chew it happily.

“Aigoo, stop staring at me.” Xiumin whined, a blush spreading across his face. Luhan laughed his typical loud laughter and poked his owner’s stuffed cheeks.

The duo had decided to take their food to the local park and make their dinner date a picnic. They’d ordered a salad for Luhan, and a platter of meat buns, some chicken, lettuce wraps of beef, and rice for Xiumin. He didn’t plan on eating all of it in that one night, but at the rate Luhan was feeding him (he just loved seeing his owner’s adorable puffy cheeks) it might just end up happening. He’d deal with the stomach ache if it meant Luhan was happy though. More than anything, the atmosphere was much nicer to them. No people to bother Luhan, no overly stuffy environment; just the two if them. And that was just the way they liked it.

“Okay, how about a lettuce wrap next, Soekkie?” Luhan asked, already preparing one for the blond man.

“How about you eat some of your salad and give me a moment to digest.” Xiumin said, setting his food on the bench. Luhan pouted, but took his owner’s request and started eating his salad. He didn’t want Xiumin to get sick after all.

Xiumin smiled and wrapped an arm around Luhan’s shoulder. He reached up to gently caress the man’s antlers.

“This is really nice Lulu.” Xiumin sighed, leaning onto his deer’s shoulder.

“Yeah, it is.” Xiumin looked at his pet with a concerned expression. His tone didn’t sound like he was all too happy.

“Is something wrong, Lulu?” Xiumin asked, sitting up to look Luhan in the eyes.

“I’m good. It’s just…” Luhan put down his fork and met his owner’s eyes. “I just feel like you deserve more than this. You’re worth so much more to me than sitting on a bench outside in the park.” Xiumin took in Luhan’s words and paused for a moment. He could feel his smile growing across his face. Then he pressed a kiss to the boy’s lips and Luhan was left blushing as pink as his hair.

“Sitting outside on a bench in the park with my Lu-ge is worth more to me than you could ever imagine.” Xiumin said.

"Minseok..." Luhan sighed. "I just want to give you the best I can offer."

"And I just want you to know..." A kiss was placed on the deer's nose. "...that anything you give is more than enough for me." Luhan blushed.He stuffed his face with another forkful of lettuce and kept quiet. Xiumin smiled, knowing good and well that he'd won. Then again, rarely was Luhan ever able to beat the king of sweetness that is Xiumin.

“Lu-ge, why did you want to ask me out?” Xiumin asked after a minute of silence.

“Huh?”

“I mean, we’ve had nice dinners at home before. Why did you want to go on a real, fancy date all of a sudden?”

Luhan was quiet. He stared at his half eaten salad almost unblinking.

“I don’t really know, myself.” The deer said eventually. “It just…happened.”

Xiumin hummed in response. Somehow he felt that Luhan was holding back. Like he had a deeper reason behind his actions.

“Why?” Was all Xiumin asked. He knew that Luhan knew why did what he did. But why was he so nervous about it?

There was silence again. Luhan took a deep breath.

“I guess, I wanted to do something to show how I felt about you.” He said at last. “How much I really love you.”

“I know that you love me, Lu-ge. You didn’t need to do all of this.”

“I know, but…sometimes I feel like…I might lose you.”

“What?!” That was something Xiumin never expected.

“I mean, I know I shouldn’t feel this way, but sometimes I think…maybe you’ll meet someone else. Somene who’ll give you nice presents and take you out to eat. And then you wouldn’t care as much about the guy that just cooks you dinner.” Luhan spoke very softly as he explained himself. He took another bite of his salad just to ease the mood.

“Luhan, you do way more for me than just cook dinner." Xiumin said, quite shocked at how little Luhan thought of himself. "You feed me, comfort me, sing for me, do all of the chores, help me shower, you even try to help me with the taxes."

"Yeah, but still..."

"And none of that matters. Because I love you. Not the stuff you do for me. I’m not going to start liking you less just because you don’t do extra, super special things for me.” Xiumin said. "So you have nothing to worry about."

“Really?” Luhan asked, gleaming eyes blinking slowly.

“Of course, not. Just knowing you is enough for me, Han.”

“Thank you, Minseok. I love you.”

“I love you too, Han.”

 

“So…want that lettuce wrap now?”

“Aigoo…you just want to feed me.” The older man pouted.

“Hey, I’ve got like 2 weeks to make up for.” Luhan said, holding up a lettce wrap of meat. Xiumin rolled his eyes and accepted the food.

 

He was glad that everything was back to normal.


Wow, the first Xiuhan was chapter 7, and now 7 chapters later I write another one :D Maybe I should make this a trend :P Nah, anyway as you can probaly guess, I had planned for this chapter to be much longer initially. It was going to be an actual, full date, just I just couldn't think of anything :(  So, I decided to just move them to the park and make a super fluffy ending.

I hope you all enjoyed, and I'll try to be on time next week :3